What is your Phobia

Status
Not open for further replies.

figmentPez

Staff member
I used to be arachnophobic, but over time it's become just a fear and not a phobia. Spiders creep me out, but I'm not irrationally terrified of them like I was when I was younger. I remember back in grade school there was a spider on my winter jacket and I wanted to go to school (in the snow) with no jacket on because I was sure there were more spiders in the jacket somewhere. My mom managed to convince me that 15 minutes in the dryer would kill any spiders that were there.

Now I think sleep would be my phobia. For the past I-don't-know-how-many years sleep has very often been a hellish experience of pain and confusion. I really dread bedtime most nights. I was up until 5AM last night putting-off going to bed. I think it's the onset of cold weather that's caused my rough nights recently. Before that was trying to figure out the right amount of magnesium I need in supplements (too little causes muscle cramps, too much is a laxative). So I haven't had a decent night sleep in weeks. Still, I'm doing well enough that I don't think I'm too badly sleep deprived. Got to try and man-up and turn-in a little earlier tonight.

I have this irrational fear of deep water. I am an excellent swimmer/diver but the thought of popping my head out of the water and looking around and not seeing a boat or the shore freaks me out.

How did I miss this little gem of a thread?
It looks like my database is still pretty up to date on some of the older members, but some of these newbies just got new entries.... >:D

Status
Not open for further replies.