• Return between $4,000 and $6,999

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Return $7,000 or more

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
$1,088

Not as much as some people but considering I am single with no kids I am happy to get as much as I did. Most of it will be going towards bills but I am using some of it to buy a Nintendo 3DS and some cash for The Emerald City Comicon.

Already filed, already received my return. Trouble is, I misreported my income (put down gross instead of taxable), so that means I'll be getting another $1300 in a month or so.

Witholding has already been adjusted so we'll get more throughout the year and less at return time (last year was the first year with only one of us working).

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
My wife got her W2 back. Says she made over $20,000 and didn't have ANY federal taken out. Yet she had over $1000 state. So we have to hold off until she calls them, tomorrow and asks what's up.

State says my city reported lower taxes than what I actually paid, too. I intend to fix that in my amendment (since it's in MY favor). Maybe it's something going around.

--Patrick

W

Wasabi Poptart

I haven't filed yet, but I'm hoping it's as sweet as last year.

I generally figure my deductions to the point that I get about $60 each year. And my tax package software that I use will not take their payment out of that small of an amount.

Of course, H&R Block Online (fka TaxCut) informed me after I got everything together that the next update from the IRS won't be until the 14th. So my return won't be here until March at the earliest.

And I really don't see it as a "free loan" to the government; I see it as an extra paycheck from my employer.

My accountant is working on it now to make sure all is reported and exempted\deducted (no sonic booms to deduct this year) properly. Owning a small business I always end up paying. Therefore I file at the last moment.

W

wikked

Haven't done my taxes yet. Kind of messed up this year. Got rid of my wife back in march, but haven't been able to file for divorce yet. Think we are going to file joint with the check coming to me then we will split it.

The past 5 years, My wife and I have owed anywhere between 1 to 1.5k. With the house and some deductions this year we are getting 3k back.

Status
Not open for further replies.