Export thread

When will I get the COVID Vaccine?

blotsfan

blotsfan

So we're heading into 2021 and we're all hoping that COVID will soon be a thing of the past. That being said, is becoming abundantly clear that while there is an effective deployment strategy in much of the world, some third world countries like the USA are gonna struggle. Rather than just be despondent, let's do a game:

What date will I get the vaccine??

Everyone pick a date that they think i will get the vaccine. Make sure to include the year, since who the fuck knows?!

Some rules/clarifications
1) I live in the USA

2) I live in New York State, a state run by the Democratic Party.

3) I am going to get the vaccine as soon as I am able to.

4) I am not in any high risk group or profession.

5) I will not lie to cut the line in any way.

6) My dad was a doctor and knows people in the medical field around here. If I can find a way to use those connections to be among the first of "the public" to get it, I will do so. It is very unlikely that will help, but I will take advantage if possible.

7) Any Covid vaccine counts for this.

8) If the vaccine I get requires two shots, the winning date is based around the day I get the first shot.

9) The closest date wins, regardless of whether it's early or late.

10) while I will post information about any scheduled appointments, I will not consider it "done" until I have had the injection.

11) If for whatever reason I become medically unable to get the vaccine the contest is off and I most likely have much bigger problems.

Winner gets a $25 gift card to anywhere they want, assuming I can buy it online. If there are any further ambiguities, ask in the thread and I will add to the post.

Dave

Dave

April 12, 2021.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

For you: May 5.

For me: Maybe never. If it's like the regular flu vaccine, I won't be allowed to get it because of my past Guillain-Barre. And I have read cases of people getting Guillain-Barre from Covid, so this is a strong possibility.

figmentPez

figmentPez

June 3

mikerc

mikerc

June 4th. Nicely equidistant between Star Wars day & Independence Day.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Jun 10.

Bubble181

Bubble181

April first.

Terrik

Terrik

I could have gotten it this Sunday as a frontline health care provider if I, you know, didn't already have COVID.

PatrThom

PatrThom

March 8

I could have gotten it this Sunday as a frontline health care provider if I, you know, didn't already have COVID.
I thought you tested positive for coronavirus, not COVID-19?

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

June 7th.

Celt Z

Celt Z

June 3, although I'd like it to be sooner.

jwhouk

jwhouk

March 15.

Dirona

Dirona

May 23rd, 2021.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I work at home and already a low risk. So I'm guessing...August 15.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I work at home and already a low risk. So I'm guessing...August 15.
We're all guessing when Blots will get vaccinated.

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

This is for @blotsfan, not the rest of us.

(I actually expect that I might get the vax before March 1st.)

Terrik

Terrik

April 17th

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

We're all guessing when Blots will get vaccinated.

--Patrick
Oh, whoops. I have no idea, then. I'll stick with August 15, I guess.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

July 21, 2021

BErt

BErt

May 12, 2021

Frank

Frank

I'm high on drugs and life right now, so I'm gonna be optimistic

Mother fucker you will have the vaccine on my grandma's birthday April 13/2021

Dave

Dave

I'm high on drugs and life right now, so I'm gonna be optimistic

Mother fucker you will have the vaccine on my grandma's birthday April 13/2020
Man, fuck you with that Price is Right shit!

(I'm kidding - I think it's funny.)

jwhouk

jwhouk

... someone wanna tell him?

Dave

Dave

... someone wanna tell him?
Do you mean me or Frank. Because I guessed April 12 and then he said April 13. Only thing left would be if someone bid $1.

Frank

Frank

Man, fuck you with that Price is Right shit!

(I'm kidding - I think it's funny.)
I apologize, I missed how close it was to your guess. I ctrl f'd 13. I can change my guess.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Ahem.. 2020candieinafire

Dave

Dave

I apologize, I missed how close it was to your guess. I ctrl f'd 13. I can change my guess.
Don't worry about it, man. I was kidding.

Unless he gets it on the 14th, in which case I'll be SUPER upset.

Frank

Frank

Ahem.. 2020candieinafire
The fuck you talkin about?

jwhouk

jwhouk

OP April 13/2020.

Dave

Dave

Dude, I STILL don't know what you are talking about! :rofl:

Frank

Frank

OP April 13/2020.
Naaaah.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

1609474445510.png

Dave

Dave

Ah! My mistake. Fixed.

Frank

Frank

lol, I didn't realize Dave did it too.

MindDetective

MindDetective

So we're heading into 2021 and we're all hoping that COVID will soon be a thing of the past. That being said, is becoming abundantly clear that while there is an effective deployment strategy in much of the world, some third world countries like the USA are gonna struggle. Rather than just be despondent, let's do a game:

What date will I get the vaccine??

Everyone pick a date that they think i will get the vaccine. Make sure to include the year, since who the fuck knows?!

Some rules/clarifications
1) I live in the USA

2) I live in New York State, a state run by the Democratic Party.

3) I am going to get the vaccine as soon as I am able to.

4) I am not in any high risk group or profession.

5) I will not lie to cut the line in any way.

6) My dad was a doctor and knows people in the medical field around here. If I can find a way to use those connections to be among the first of "the public" to get it, I will do so. It is very unlikely that will help, but I will take advantage if possible.

7) Any Covid vaccine counts for this.

8) If the vaccine I get requires two shots, the winning date is based around the day I get the first shot.

9) The closest date wins, regardless of whether it's early or late.

10) while I will post information about any scheduled appointments, I will not consider it "done" until I have had the injection.

11) If for whatever reason I become medically unable to get the vaccine the contest is off and I most likely have much bigger problems.

Winner gets a $25 gift card to anywhere they want, assuming I can buy it online. If there are any further ambiguities, ask in the thread and I will add to the post.
Would you still get the vaccine if your contacted covid-19?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

2022-01-14

blotsfan

blotsfan

Would you still get the vaccine if your contacted covid-19?
It looks like the antibodies from contracting it don't last that long, so yes.

phil

phil

4/20/2021

Me on the other hand? Texan and poor so....hoping by August

Cog

Cog

March 12

jwhouk

jwhouk

PosterDate
PatrThom
8 Mar 21​
Cog
12 Mar 21​
jwhouk
15 Mar 21​
Bubble181
1 Apr 21​
Dave
12 Apr 21​
Frank
13 Apr 21​
Terrik
17 Apr 21​
Phil
20 Apr 21​
Cheesy1
5 May 21​
Bert
12 May 21​
Dirona
23 May 21​
CeltZ
3 Jun 21​
figmentPez
3 Jun 21​
mikerc
4 Jun 21​
GasBandit
7 Jun 21​
Tinwhistler
10 Jun 21​
Shawn
15 Jun 21​
Squidleybits
21 Jul 21​
ThatNickGuy
15 Aug 21​
Far
25 Oct 21​
bhamv3
1 Jan 22​
HCGLNS
14 Jan 22​

blotsfan

blotsfan

Canadian hobo said 2022. He's pessimistic

Tiger Tsang

Tiger Tsang

VA system, so who knows. I'll gladly wait until the people that need it first get it. I'm already pretty self isolated. If it, somehow miraculously, didn't spread through work *which doesn't exist anymore*, I should be good.

Shawn

Shawn

June 15th, 2021

PatrThom

PatrThom

VA system, so who knows. I'll gladly wait until the people that need it first get it.
We're all guessing when blotsfan gets the vaccine, not when each of us will get it.

--Patrick

bhamv3

bhamv3

January 1, 2022.

Yes, 2022.

I went long.

Frank

Frank

Well, I know I won't even have a chance at the vaccine until September, because my province is run by incompetent sociopaths.

Far

Far

Oct 25, 2021

jwhouk

jwhouk

Good News: I'm eligible to get the vaccine starting Monday the 11th.

Bad News: I just got tested for the third time since I appear to have cold symptoms and a sore throat.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I've just received word my vaccination will likely be between June and September.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I would like to make an announcement.

@PatrThom, if this was the guess for when I would get the vaccine, you'd win.

I'm scheduled to get my first dose on the 22nd of January.

That's the good news. The not as good news is that I'll have to drive all the way over to State Farm Stadium for it.

The really sucky news is that SFS is only doing the POD vaccines overnight, so I have to be there at 10 PM.

But I'm gonna be gettin' vaxxed, kids.

PatrThom

PatrThom

It was, and congrats.
Let us know about all the side effects.
EDIT: Wait, no. My guess was for blotsfan, not jwhouk.
This thread is getting confusing.

--Patrick

blotsfan

blotsfan

Update: New York has expanded the eligibility. My fiancée and grandparents are all scheduled to get the vaccine next week. I spammed the website for about 4 hours trying to get through. I look forward to doing it for myself when I am able to.

jwhouk

jwhouk

So - do I win if I get the vax before you? ;)

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I'm a "class 1c" individual (underlying medical conditions)...Virginia's currently in Class 1b (old people, front line workers). I'm hoping to get mine in the next couple months.

blotsfan

blotsfan

So - do I win if I get the vax before you? ;)
Of course not. I always expected the elderly to get it first.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Update: New York has expanded the eligibility. My fiancée and grandparents are all scheduled to get the vaccine next week. I spammed the website for about 4 hours trying to get through. I look forward to doing it for myself when I am able to.
Double update. The state didn't predict that the federal government would just blatantly lie about the number of vaccines they had. This has lead to numerous appointments getting cancelled. This week if you had an appointment Monday-Wednesday it was cancelled, but if it was Thursday or Friday it was kept. My grandparents and my fiancée had appointments cancelled. My fiancée was able to somehow get one yesterday and has received her first shot, but my grandparents are looking like they won't get it until March.

This is fun.

Bubble181

Bubble181

The state didn't predict that the federal government would just blatantly lie
Ah, see, that's where they were mistaken.

Krisken

Krisken

I mean, Trump had no plan, so it is not surprising.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Let states deal with it, take credit if successful, blame them otherwise is technically a plan.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

What do you mean? Only losers and haters couldn't see how bigly huge and awesomely great it was.

Oh, wait. You're telling me he's gone?

FUCKING IDIOTS.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I believe the line from NLAH is appropriate here: "You f'ed up, you trusted us."

jwhouk

jwhouk

One down, one to go. 2nd shot on the 19th.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Oh, and in case you're wondering, the appointment for shot #2 was done as we were waiting after the vax (Pfizer).

blotsfan

blotsfan

Every eligible person in my family has gotten their first shot.

MindDetective

MindDetective

It looks like the antibodies from contracting it don't last that long, so yes.
The latest is that they last at least 6 months. That is probably comparable to the vaccine. Don't get me wrong. I'd rather get the vaccine than the disease.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Well, it's been a day since my second shot, and my arm doesn't even hurt like it did the 1st time.

I did feel a bit dry in my throat this morning, but that's about it.

Yay me.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Hey so remember this:

Did my measurements today with my trainer.

June 2017: 246lbs, 42% body fat
July 2018: 151lbs, 14% body fat

If I didn't change my habits I'd probably hit 300lbs sometime in 2019. So incredibly glad I went with this.
Well I fucking blew that. Im fat again.

HOWEVER

Starting next week, people in NY with "medical complications" can get the vaccine. Including my now-obese-again self.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I haez vaccine appointment for March 7. That being said, it's about a 2 and a half hour drive away (which id have to do twice) so if I can get a closer one, I'm gonna try to do that.

Shawn

Shawn

March 8

I thought you tested positive for coronavirus, not COVID-19?

--Patrick
On track for a pretty accurate prediction then.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I get my first shot tomorrow! woot!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Shot is in the arm. They had me sit in a waiting area for 15 minutes to watch for any reactions.

Only about 5% of the people were turning into zombies, but since they're currently vaccinating mostly the old and infirm, they were pretty easy to put down.

It's gonna take a while to get used to the holographic Clippy constantly in my field of view asking if he can help me with stuff. But I suppose I'll learn to live with it.
1613760542611.png

Frank

Frank

Looks like I'm elligible at the tail end of phase 2 of the vaccine rollout which is anywhere from July to August.

Alberta Government is doing a dogshit job getting people vaccinations.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Shot number 2 was administered at 6:26 PM Arizona Time at the State Farm Stadium POD.

I is vaxinatemed from the COVID. :D

bhamv3

bhamv3

Shot is in the arm. They had me sit in a waiting area for 15 minutes to watch for any reactions.

Only about 5% of the people were turning into zombies, but since they're currently vaccinating mostly the old and infirm, they were pretty easy to put down.

It's gonna take a while to get used to the holographic Clippy constantly in my field of view asking if he can help me with stuff. But I suppose I'll learn to live with it.
View attachment 37175
Enjoy this phase of Clippy while you can. Soon Clippy's gonna be asking you to help it with stuff. And then it won't be asking, it'll be ordering you to do things. And if you don't obey...

Well then, your file won't be saved.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

The state has a web site for signing up for vaccinations. We're actually ahead of the curve on this one for a change. Got my registration in.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I haez vaccine appointment for March 7. That being said, it's about a 2 and a half hour drive away (which id have to do twice) so if I can get a closer one, I'm gonna try to do that.
I got one in town for the 18th.

phil

phil

To clarify are we betting on the first shot or fully vaccinated?

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I get my last covid shot on Friday. The tail is still really small and hardly noticeable. But I think the horns may be a bit tough to hide under the baseball cap if they get any bigger

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Does the microchip itch every now and then?

Bubble181

Bubble181

Does the microchip itch every now and then?
I've been told the Windows updates are a pain, and your arm can get stuck in a specific position for hours at a time if it crashes.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I've been told the Windows updates are a pain, and your arm can get stuck in a specific position for hours at a time if it crashes.
Pfft, you think that's a crash? Nah, that's the microchip taking over your arm, man! Then afterwards the chip's gonna take over the rest of your body, and then it'll turn you into a zombie that'll do whatever Micro$oft orders the chip to do! My pal Reggie got the shot, and then afterwards he kept doing the dance from Thriller! It was freaky man, mostly because he's a really bad dancer so it just looks like he's repeatedly trying and failing to take his pants off. Or maybe he's been trying to take his pants off, I dunno, it's certainly possible, Reggie does have several arrests on his record for public indecency. But the chip made him do it, man!

PatrThom

PatrThom

that's the microchip taking over your arm, man! Then afterwards the chip's gonna take over the rest of your body, and then it'll turn you into a zombie that'll do whatever Micro$oft orders the chip to do!
Did someone mistake Reggie for Tony Stark?

--Patrick

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

First dose on Monday.

yay! for being fat?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Got a text yesterday that I'm eligible to apply for the vaccine. I should probably call them tonight.

--Patrick

Shakey

Shakey

Going to get my first now. Lucked out that they don’t have enough people.

Dei

Dei

Got a text yesterday that I'm eligible to apply for the vaccine. I should probably call them tonight.

--Patrick
For the most part, Colorado doesn't give two shits about immunocompromised people. But if you have asthma or are old you get to jump the line. They also vaccinated K-12 teachers, but college professors are in the last category before genpop. Really, I'm wondering if the vaccine will be approved for under 16 before my daughter turns 16 in 10 months. I guess we'll see. There is a watchlist for open vaccine slots online for places that need to use extra before they close for the day, but I don't know that I have the patience to watch those, or drive multiple hours to get a shot. CO is also is *decent* shape, so I'm not super concerned considering I don't feel super compelled to really go anywhere.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I'm not at-risk. Like, at all.
However, every one of the other 4 people in my household are, so yeah, I guess I'll go and apply.

--Patrick

Terrik

Terrik

I got called this morning to get my first shot next week. Finally.

blotsfan

blotsfan

First dose on Monday.

yay! for being fat?
I'm getting it then too for the same reasons.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I guess I'll go and apply.
Had to fight the online reservation system like I was trying to buy a PS5, but I now have an appt scheduled for Mon.

--Patrick

blotsfan

blotsfan

March 15.
To the day.

Posted from my Windows Phone

Celt Z

Celt Z

@blotsfan - we keep sharing important days

shotshotshot.jpg

PatrThom

PatrThom

Got my 1 of 2 @10a today as well.

Vax buddies!

--Patrick

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I didn't get a sticker with mine :(

Well, except the sticker they stuck on my vax card.

Dei

Dei

I'll just continue sitting here with my hopes that I'll get my vax by May.

Celt Z

Celt Z

I didn't think I was going to get my shot until the summer, but when you're married to the guy scheduling shots for his company and there was a last-minute opening... stuff happens. The downside was the shot location was an hour and 1/2 away. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we can find a closer place to get my 2nd dose.

EDIT: @GasBandit ; since you asked, it was an 82 mile drive each way.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I didn't think I was going to get my shot until the summer, but when you're married to the guy scheduling shots for his company and there was a last-minute opening... stuff happens. The downside was the shot location was an hour and 1/2 away. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we can find a closer place to get my 2nd dose.

EDIT: @GasBandit ; since you asked, it was an 82 mile drive each way.
Man, they really DID make you go all the way to the other end of the state.

blotsfan

blotsfan

The downside was the shot location was an hour and 1/2 away. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we can find a closer place to get my 2nd dose.
If it's anything like here, your second shot is 3 (or 4 for moderna) weeks to the exact 15 minute interval from the first at the exact same place, no exceptions.

Celt Z

Celt Z

If it's anything like here, your second shot is 3 (or 4 for moderna) weeks to the exact 15 minute interval from the first at the exact same place, no exceptions.
3 weeks, and it's actually an hour earlier, so I'm going to have to do that drive in rush hour traffic. :censored:

Bubble181

Bubble181

Same here, all second shots are done at the same location as the first.

jwhouk

jwhouk

My parents have theirs scheduled on Thursday the 18th and on April 15th - at a Fry's supermarket pharmacy in Gilbert.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

First dose on Monday.

yay! for being fat?
The scheduling system screwed up and I have to go back tomorrow.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

So at work we're going to start administering the vaccine through our pharmacy by appointment. Because there is a very short timed viability of the vaccine once the vial is opened, if anyone misses their appointment an employee can slide in and take the vaccine instead.

I'm going to take all of them. I'll be invincible

blotsfan

blotsfan

I'm waiting for the first story of someone actually trying to get multiple doses/multiple varieties. I'm surprised we haven't seen one yet (unless I missed it).

Dave

Dave

I’m getting mine today at 1 pm.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I still have to find out from my specialist if any of them are safe for me to take. I “may” be eligible when my turn comes if my doctor approves. I guess they may also deem the risk too high even if my specialist is ok with it.

Frank

Frank

Fuck you guys

Terrik

Terrik

Got my first shot this morning, and will get the second next month.

mikerc

mikerc

It's your supervillain origin story!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Fuck you guys
No way...not until after you've gotten your shots.

--Patrick

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I got mine today.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

No way...not until after you've gotten your shots.

--Patrick
1615935722266.png

bhamv3

bhamv3

I've only been using glory holes for my fornicatin' over the past year.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Scheduled appointment for vaccine on Friday morning.

Shawn

Shawn

Got my first Moderna vaccine on Friday.

General Specific

General Specific

So only bottoms transmit the virus? ;)

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sweet.

Dallas Morning News: All adult Texans will be eligible for COVID-19 vaccine starting March 29, state announces.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Same here in Arizona: all residents 16 and over starting Wednesday.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

So just to share a story that made me angry:

I'm manager of a grocery store, and we're doing vaccinations now through our pharmacy. Because of the limited shelf life once a vial has been opened, if anyone misses their appointment to get vaccinated, that shot can instead be administered to store staff, because better it go in an arm than in the garbage.

Yesterday there were two cancellations, and because I live in the middle of Trump country, I literally couldn't give those vaccinations away because no one wanted them.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Can you open it up to random customers?

Krisken

Krisken

Ask your store to start a waste prevention program. Basically it is a list of people who are not qualified yet to get the vaccine who are willing to come in at the drop of the hat when a vaccine dose is available.

TNM

TNM

Here in Ga it is opened up to everyone 16 yrs of age and older. I got mine yesterday and I was really hoping to unlock the Avatar state. Instead I have a sore arm.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Three states, with GOP legislatures, that were openly upset about the presidential election, all having issues with vax distribution.

So, @Krisken, any word on when Wisconsin will join the fun?

Krisken

Krisken

Three states, with GOP legislatures, that were openly upset about the presidential election, all having issues with vax distribution.

So, @Krisken, any word on when Wisconsin will join the fun?
I dunno, man. Washington County is lifting all restrictions, so I assume it's already the case there.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

First shot done.

Shakey

Shakey

Mn will be opening up to everyone 16+ next week. I’m a bit torn on trying to get my daughter in as soon as it opens up. I want her to get the shot, but I know there are others that are a lot higher risk than her that I would rather see her vaccinated first.
We’ll see what it’s like when it opens up. We live in Trump country, so there may not be too much of a rush.

Bubble181

Bubble181

The vaccine is made in a plant not 10 kilometers away from here, but I'm still expected to get my shot....Well, maybe somewhere in the summer?

Shakey

Shakey

The vaccine is made in a plant not 10 kilometers away from here, but I'm still expected to get my shot....Well, maybe somewhere in the summer?
I worry about this too. I’m glad the US finally got its shit together and started buying more doses, but it almost feels like we’re over doing it at the expense of other countries. I know we’re already giving some to Mexico and Canada. I just hope we don’t end up wasting what we have.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I'm getting my first dose tomorrow night. Yay asthma!

PatrThom

PatrThom

I'm manager of a grocery store, and we're doing vaccinations now through our pharmacy. Because of the limited shelf life once a vial has been opened, if anyone misses their appointment to get vaccinated, that shot can instead be administered to store staff, because better it go in an arm than in the garbage.

Yesterday there were two cancellations, and because I live in the middle of Trump country, I literally couldn't give those vaccinations away because no one wanted them.
redlining.png

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

I went to go make an appointment to get the vaccine, but the local place doing it can only track 2 days out, and is only open 8-5.

I'm going to be on the road all next week.

Guess I'll get it week after next, and try again next friday to get an appointment.

Dei

Dei

Colorado is opening up to the general public on Friday. Time to start appt. hunting.

drifter

drifter

hqdefault.jpg

Dei

Dei

Got appts. for Tuesday for first dose for me, my husband, and my son. Daughter still pending since she's only 15. Stalking the CO Corona subreddit has finally paid off. :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

My appointment for my first shot is Apr 08, this coming thursday.

Krisken

Krisken

Got my first shot on Monday (Moderna). Really looking forward to doing nothing different

phil

phil

I'd be getting mine tomorrow if I didn't have to work. My wife and I are going Monday though. She's at 11 and by the time I finished putting her info in 11:40 was the next available for me.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Got my shot last Friday, after GA opened up to all adults, along with the rest of my house (who qualified much earlier but were unable to find an appointment until then). We will all be 2 weeks post-2nd shot on May 1st, so that's something to look forward to.

Shakey

Shakey

My daughter was supposed to go in for her first shot today. She developed a fever last night, so we went in for a rapid test. Yep, positive.
letting a few people know, and we start hearing “Yeah, there have been a lot of positive cases from the high school over the last week.” What the fuck. Why hasn’t there been any communication?
My daughter just hasn’t been able to handle school from home, and was at risk of failing this year, otherwise she would have been remote still.
The people around here blow my mind. So many just shrug it off or don’t want to even bother with testing any more. I’m almost ready to just move.

Dei

Dei

My daughter was supposed to go in for her first shot today. She developed a fever last night, so we went in for a rapid test. Yep, positive.
letting a few people know, and we start hearing “Yeah, there have been a lot of positive cases from the high school over the last week.” What the fuck. Why hasn’t there been any communication?
My daughter just hasn’t been able to handle school from home, and was at risk of failing this year, otherwise she would have been remote still.
The people around here blow my mind. So many just shrug it off or don’t want to even bother with testing any more. I’m almost ready to just move.
I get email spammed if someone at school even shows symptoms, even if they have no contact with my son or daughter ever. Wtf.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I've been breaking myself making sure my son is passing from home for exactly this reason. Too many people don't take this seriously enough, and his asthma puts him at risk.

Dei

Dei

The only reason I let my kids go to school in person is that I know my school district is being very thorough with precautions. If they went to a different school district near me that I will not name, they would have been 100% virtual no matter what.

Celt Z

Celt Z

I've been breaking myself making sure my son is passing from home for exactly this reason. Too many people don't take this seriously enough, and his asthma puts him at risk.
THIS. Although, I have to say, Li'l Z has taken to virtual learning very well. His report card last week was one of the best he's ever had. I would like to see him back in school next year, buuuuut I'm in no rush if these are the results.

Also, our district is like Dei's with the infection communications. Anyone at the school tests positive and we get emails. Hell, they've been on Spring Break this week and we've gotten 3 emails so far that people who attend his school have tested positive over the break.

Shakey

Shakey

Like I said, this place is fucked. I love the area, it’s where my family has roots, but this last year has really shown what people are made of.
For my daughter it was a lot of just comprehension. She just wasn’t retaining much. She’s a lot like me in that I’m an in person hands on learner.

Tiger Tsang

Tiger Tsang

Well, 2nd shot at the Lexington VA @ 1145 on April 1st.

*edit* other than the shot sight is still a bit tender, no ill effects.

Dei

Dei

My parents started bitching about NYS opening up too fast and screwing over old people and how they couldn't find an appt.

I found an appt. for my dad within10 minutes for Tuesday. My mom can't do a 2 shot vax right now because she has a surgery appt. for her back in a few weeks and according to her she can't be in between shots. She also won't get J&J because "they use aborted babies for research" and it's not worth my time to argue science and how cell lines work. It would just remind her that I was clearly brainwashed by going to college. :facepalm:

jwhouk

jwhouk

There’s a point where you just gotta say, “I’m not paying for your funeral, and if you keep it up, I won’t be attending it, either.”

Dei

Dei

There’s a point where you just gotta say, “I’m not paying for your funeral, and if you keep it up, I won’t be attending it, either.”
I mean, they are getting vaccinated, I'm not going to push the issue.

I ended up hanging up on them regardless because they kept spouting Trump bullshit after I gave them 3 warnings to stop or I was going to hang up.

blotsfan

blotsfan

My parents started bitching about NYS opening up too fast and screwing over old people and how they couldn't find an appt.

I found an appt. for my dad within10 minutes for Tuesday. My mom can't do a 2 shot vax right now because she has a surgery appt. for her back in a few weeks and according to her she can't be in between shots. She also won't get J&J because "they use aborted babies for research" and it's not worth my time to argue science and how cell lines work. It would just remind her that I was clearly brainwashed by going to college. :facepalm:
The real issue here is that its super difficult, at least until very recently, for people who don't know how to use computers to get appointments. Theres 0 chance my grandparents would've been able to get them when they did if we weren't doing it for them.

And I know its never going to work because they have smoothbrain syndrome, but if they mention the aborted baby stuff again, ask them their thoughts on using research developed from aborted babys to treat trump back in octover.

Dei

Dei

TBH, I found the appt because I found the Buffalo area vaccine Facebook group and at the exact same time someone posted a link to a mass vax appt. at ECCC. I thought old people lived on Facebook. :p

But you are not wrong.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I'll admit, I had to walk my dad and stepmom through the appointment process. What was fortunate was that at the time I did it, the vaccine was now being administered outside of just the three or four sites state-wide, like it had when Sarah and I got it in January/February.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Snagged my first shot on Saturday, next is May 1.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Second shot in my arm.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Second shot in my arm.
So Eminem was wrong

Celt Z

Celt Z

Yay, 2nd shot! No sticker this time.:(

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Yay, 2nd shot! No sticker this time.:(
Only sticker I got, either time, was the one on my vaccination card that showed the lot number of the vaccine. Sigh

Might have to get me one of these
Amazon product

(edit: But not from this company. They also evidently make/sell 'abolish obamacare' pins)

blotsfan

blotsfan

(edit: But not from this company. They also evidently make/sell 'abolish obamacare' pins)
What's so bad about that? I absolutely think we should have universal health care.

Krisken

Krisken

Our place had free button pins that say Covid Fighter on them and are bright yellow, super hard to miss.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

What's so bad about that? I absolutely think we should have universal health care.
Likewise. I don't think "abolish obamacare" and "I <heart> universal healthcare" is the same message.

Dave

Dave

My county has opened it up to anyone 16+. I sent the link to my son so he can get the fuck out of the house.

Cog

Cog

We need an "I'm jealous" rating. It will be months before I can get the vaccine.

Fun Size

Fun Size

We just opened to 16+ as well, and I'm driving my daughter an hour to get her first shot. That will put three out of four of us with the first shot down. Just have to wait for under 16 so my son with asthma can get the shot. Then I'll stop worrying so much.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Only sticker I got, either time, was the one on my vaccination card that showed the lot number of the vaccine. Sigh

Might have to get me one of these
Amazon product

Personally, I want this pin:
vacs.jpg

The proceeds go to WHO Covid-19 Solidarity Response Fund.

jwhouk

jwhouk

We need an "I'm jealous" rating. It will be months before I can get the vaccine.
Maybe @Dave should adopt you as his long-lost cousin-in-law?

Celt Z

Celt Z

By this time with the first shot, I was feeling very drowsy, and my injection site was sore if I raised my arm, which is normal for any shot I get. This time I got my shot an hour earlier and in the same spot, and as of right now there is zero pain or discomfort in my arm (thank you, amazing nurse!), but my body can't figure out if it's drowsy or not. I'll go through periods where my eyes are almost closing, and then a few minutes later I'll feel completely awake.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I'd heard the second shot was so much worse. But my second shot was super easy. Barely an inconvenience.

My first shot, my arm was super sore after a couple of days. My second, only mild soreness the day after.

But I still played that shit up in order to get a friday off ;)

Celt Z

Celt Z

But I still played that shit up in order to get a friday off ;)

Dave

Dave

I just got my second shot about an hour ago. I took tomorrow off just in case.

Frank

Frank

There are a lot of articles and trends in Canada about how fucking jealous we are as a whole about the vaccine rollout in the US as we enter the third wave with every variant filling hospitals fuller and fuller and killing younger and younger.

blotsfan

blotsfan

If it makes you feel better, even with generally good vaccine distribution cases are still rising here.

Bubble181

Bubble181

There are a lot of articles and trends in Canada about how fucking jealous we are as a whole about the vaccine rollout in the US as we enter the third wave with every variant filling hospitals fuller and fuller and killing younger and younger.
The difference between summer and "look What happens when you don't take proper precautions" USA and now spring and "look at that rate of vaccinations!" USA is huge.
Really, it's weird how a different old white guy in charge still can make a huge difference

Dei

Dei

Just got my first shot!

Krisken

Krisken

Who knew having a plan and not misleading people about how serious it was would matter so much?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Who knew having a plan and not misleading people about how serious it was would matter so much?
Quick, someone tell Montana! Oops, too late.
Maybe there's still time in FL, we'll see.

--Patrick

Frank

Frank

Suddenly a stroke of luck has occurred. Got booked for tomorrow to get my first shot. I'll use one of the very few privileges I have as a Metis, fuck it.

Dave

Dave

My wife got her first shot today and my son gets his at 1 pm.

Dei

Dei

My husband slept away the entire afternoon after his shot. I'm just sitting here with arm pain.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Shot 1 is done.

Frank

Frank

Me too!

Lurker

Lurker

J&J mass vaccine appointment scheduled for Saturday.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

my pin arrived today :)
1617908211444.png

GasBandit

GasBandit

Shot 1 is done.
And 10 hours later, I'm starting to get stiff, sore, and sluggish. We'll see how I feel in the morning.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Still no shots at all for me, but the vaccine rollout in Canada hasn't been great. Both my parents are vaccinated, I THINK twice, but definitely once each.

But honestly, I'm not in any rush because I'm way down the list of important people who need it. I work from home, I barely go out anyway, I don't have any health risks and young enough to not be in a risk age group, and I'm the furtherst away from an "essential worker." That my parents get vaccinated takes much, much higher priority.

EDIT: Hmm, on the other hand, I see recommendations that people get vaccinated if they work or live with seniors. So maybe I should look into it, just in case.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Still no shots at all for me, but the vaccine rollout in Canada hasn't been great. Both my parents are vaccinated, I THINK twice, but definitely once each.

But honestly, I'm not in any rush because I'm way down the list of important people who need it. I work from home, I barely go out anyway, I don't have any health risks and young enough to not be in a risk age group, and I'm the furtherst away from an "essential worker." That my parents get vaccinated takes much, much higher priority.

EDIT: Hmm, on the other hand, I see recommendations that people get vaccinated if they work or live with seniors. So maybe I should look into it, just in case.
Do eet. just to be safer around your folks.

Dei

Dei

And 10 hours later, I'm starting to get stiff, sore, and sluggish. We'll see how I feel in the morning.
My arm hurt for a couple of days. Last night and this morning I kept feeling like I was on the cusp of being sick.

PatrThom

PatrThom

As of 10:43a EDT am now officially 2 pfor 2.

When I arrived, the person checking us in told me she was not confident that either of the two masks I was already wearing for work were “medical grade,“ (but they’re both rated N95) so she made me add one of theirs on top of the other two. Still had absolutely no trouble breathing, though. Weird.

—Patrick

evilmike

evilmike

vaccine doughnut.jpg

jwhouk

jwhouk

Enjoy your freebie. :)

blotsfan

blotsfan

The nearest Krispe Kreme is about an hour and a half away. I still haven't decided if this is a good or bad thing.

Frank

Frank

I had no side effects for my vaccine. Just a sore arm. My brother told me he could barely move for a day his joints hurt so bad.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I had no side effects for my vaccine. Just a sore arm. My brother told me he could barely move for a day his joints hurt so bad.
I felt like I had been punched in the arm for a few days, no other side effects

blotsfan

blotsfan

.000008% of people who have gotten the Johnson & Johnson vaccine have blood clots that probably aren't even related to it so we're just gonna shut it down.

Shakey

Shakey

.000008% of people who have gotten the Johnson & Johnson vaccine have blood clots that probably aren't even related to it so we're just gonna shut it down.
I don’t mind the over abundance of caution, but they need to focus more on how rare it is instead of feeding in to the “OH MY GOD I TOLD YOU IT WOULD KILL EVERYONE” bullshit.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Pulling the vaccine is going to kill so many more people.

Siska

Siska

Me and hubby got our J&J vaccine last tuesday. Because my hubby gets super stressed about ALL medical stuff, and sometimes has panic attacks, we both got the J&J vaccine. Since it's only one shot and done. Him having to wait a whole month and freak out about the second shot was just not going to work. I was considering getting a different one for me, because some of them seem to have a better efficacy %... maybe? Comparing different studies is hard. But decided that it would be best to keep thing simple or he might start over analyzing and stressing out over why I would get a different vaccine. We were able to book our appointment less than 24 hrs before and we were in and out of there in like 25 minutes. So very quick and easy and he did not have time to worry about it. I'm glad we managed to get it before it might get pulled because of a super low risk of blood clots.

Neither one of us (or his sisters) had any particularly bad reaction to our shots. I had a sore arm/shoulder for 6 days with a mild pink rash. Hubby also had a sore arm and felt a bit disoriented the day after. But that may have just been a shock and relief reaction to getting it done and not have to worry about it anymore. He is very happy and proud about getting it done, telling everyone. If he has seen any of the blood clot news he hasn't mentioned it.

Terrik

Terrik

I got my second Moderna shot today. Jun is getting her first.

BErt

BErt

I had my J&J shot scheduled for today so now it’s back to waiting :mad:

Dave

Dave

The J&J is the only one I would refuse.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I'd take it right now if I hadn't been vaccinated and it was the one available.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

It's the one I got. I'm still fine.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I might hesitate about Sputnik-4 or Sinovac, but I'll happily take J&J.

Shakey

Shakey

I’d take it, but because J&J is a single shot, it’s the shot of choice for the homeless, low income, and people unable to make regular trips to the doctor. Which means if there are side effects, those people probably won’t see a doctor. These are also the people who already have a low trust of vaccines due to historically being the test subjects. Which is why I’m ok with holding off on it until they know more. Once trust is lost in a vaccine, it’s hard to get back.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Once trust is lost in a vaccine, it’s hard to get back.
Oh man, Johnson & Johnson is done in the US. Its over.

chris

chris

Something similar is going on right now over here but with the Astrazeneca vaccine.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Second shot done. Waiting the wait before I can go home.
Go Team Pfizer.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

If your elbow stays like this longer than 4 hours, see a doctor.
1618505399613.png

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Arm hurts. Slightly feverish. Stuffy head. Yay.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Pfizer #2 this morning. Achey all over and tired, but no worse than a flu shot so far.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Moderna #2 today. Still feel fine, I can't wait till tonight so I can reboot after my antivirus upgrade.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Had chills later on last night, plus a nasty headache. Took aspirin and felt better. Still pain and pressure behind my eyes, but nothing like before.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Had chills later on last night, plus a nasty headache. Took aspirin and felt better. Still pain and pressure behind my eyes, but nothing like before.
This is the reason I am drinking heavily.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

This is the reason I am drinking heavily.
The pressure and pain has abated since I woke up tonight. Got lots of water on hand for the shift.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Pfizer #2 this morning. Achey all over and tired, but no worse than a flu shot so far.
Lost the entirety of Saturday to fever, chills, sweats, and pretty debilitating pain. Still kinda headachey and slow today, though not enough to skip (a likely pathetic attempt at) exercise.

My brother had the same deal when he had his Pfizer #2 a few months ago (hospital/ER physician). On the bright side he says an outsize reaction seems associated with a higher antibody counts later on (they test them at his hospital, apparently), so yay?

Fun Size

Fun Size

I got my second Phizer Saturday, and yesterday I was just really tired.

Adam

Adam

AZ #1 on Saturday, headache and fever this morning but it's slowly gone away.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

#2 received on Sat. Feelin' fine.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

#2 received on Sat. Feelin' fine.
Check back around lunchtime.

evilmike

evilmike

covid doughnuts 2.jpg

phil

phil

Gettin' maderna'd part 2 tomorrow! Make out party at my place next weekend!

Frank

Frank

1619989012000.png

Jason Kenney literally ran away from dealing with shit today, left the Assembly to the protest of the NDP.

Silence from the government and the RCMP do what they do best, nothing.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Yeesh I did not know MI was still that high.

--Patrick

Dei

Dei

I have been shot for the second time. May the vax be with you.

Dei

Dei

Also, looks like 12-15s will be next week, so time to get the last family member taken care of.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Also, looks like 12-15s will be next week, so time to get the last family member taken care of.
This is the big one for me. My 14 year old son and I have asthma, so I've been worried about how bad it will get when we catch this. Getting him vaxxed will take a huge load off of my mind.

Dei

Dei

I had a really sore arm yesterday, but I don't think I've had any other ill effects. I'm a little stuffy, but that is pretty much a constant state of being for me anyways, so I don't think it's from the shot.

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

This patent waiver shit reminds me why we need to divest profit from our health system ASAP.

All the pharmaceutical companies making the vaccines were getting huge gains on Wall Street, until Biden announced a patent waiver so other countries can have easier access to the vaccines. The share price for every single one of the companies that make the vaccine immediately tanked. Does any of this feel right to you guys? It was bad enough investors were flocking to those shares to make a dollar off the pandemic, but it's even more annoying that once the profit gains were stalled by opening up the vaccines for the betterment of the world, all the profit hounds started jumping ship. I swear, this shit makes me so angry.

Dei

Dei

This patent waiver shit reminds me why we need to divest profit from our health system ASAP.

All the pharmaceutical companies making the vaccines were getting huge gains on Wall Street, until Biden announced a patent waiver so other countries can have easier access to the vaccines. The share price for every single one of the companies that make the vaccine immediately tanked. Does any of this feel right to you guys? It was bad enough investors were flocking to those shares to make a dollar off the pandemic, but it's even more annoying that once the profit gains were stalled by opening up the vaccines for the betterment of the world, all the profit hounds started jumping ship. I swear, this shit makes me so angry.
If you actually look at the market, the crashing thing is a load of BS anyways.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Does any of this feel right to you guys?
No.

And this sort of thing has already been the subject of plenty of sci-fi (and other) stories. "We've discovered the cure, but we will keep it to ourselves and only distribute it to the favored few. *CRASH* Oh no! It's Dr. Protagonist and his crew!" "You villains! That cure belongs to everyone!" <scuffle ensues>

--Patrick

Gryfter

Gryfter

Two in the arm!

Dei

Dei

As an update, my son and I didn't really have any side effects from shot 2. Even my arm hurt for less time, even though it hurt more initially. My husband pretty much slept away 36 hours, except for taking my daughter to school on Wednesday morning. My dad got his shot a few hours after us, and he said he got feverish and chills and still feels terrible. My husband also planned ahead and took yesterday off, my dad has still been going to work.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Ḯ̷̧͕̥̱̱̙̤̣͕͑͐͋̄ ̶̨̢̰̦͚̯̟̥̱͔̭̾͊a̴̳͌̈́̍̀͋̉̅͒̀̎̏̿̌̑̈́̕͝͠m̴̨̡͍̲̯̤̩̲̙͇͎̝͕̺͈͙̣͔̦̣̐́͒̈́͋̉̓̏͛̈́̽͂ ̵̻̼̣͙͍̘̻͍̙̰͚̹͇̤͉̤̤̤͈̥̞̲̅̉̅͒̒̊̽͘i̸̢̨̧̢̖͍̭̦̹̭͚̲͉͇̣̲͔̫̙͌̅̅́̈́͂̄̆̓̿̕m̶̡̨͙̲͚̻͇̳̖͓̼͖̦͈̗͎̲̪̘̥̳̼̃͆̓̒̊͗̐̎̌ͅm̸͉̫̺̼̭̫̙̝̱̻̹̫͚̰͚̞͎̪̙͌́̆̌͌̍̑̅̆̿̈͛̋̌̑͒̔͐̋͜͝͝ͅų̷̢͔̭͎͕̫̘̥̞̯͍͍͔͙̔̋̾͐͊̈̔̂̂ṉ̴̱̜͍͉̰͍̥̭̥̫̲͍̪͌̍̈́̉̓̔͑͠e̴̛͇͔͍̗̩̺͓͔̞̮̥̺̮̺͔̩͔͍͗̇̑̉̆͆̋̅̆̐͗́̎́̑́̒͘̚͜͝͠͝

drifter

drifter

I got my second shot yesterday. Current status: shitty

Dei

Dei

@blotsfan clearly should have held out on his vax. :D

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Just got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine. Man, it immediately felt like someone socked me in the arm really hard! :p Feels better now, hopefully the flu symptoms don't hit me too harshly.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I got my first AstraZeneca jab yesterday.

Today I feel like an eighteen-wheeler has been doing donuts on all my muscles.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I got my first AstraZeneca jab yesterday.

Today I feel like an eighteen-wheeler has been doing donuts on all my muscles.
"Mmm. Donuts." - Homer Simpson

PatrThom

PatrThom

“Donuts? I love donuts!” - anthropomorphic copstache car.

—Patrick

Cog

Cog

Got my second shot today.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Just got my booster. It was probably the most painless shot I’ve ever had.

mikerc

mikerc

Step 1: Get Boostered.
Step 2: Convince someone to get Ted Korded
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Took son to get 2nd shot and wife to get her booster. Only two weeks until we’re all as vaxxed as we’re gonna get.

—Patrick

blotsfan

blotsfan

Took son to get 2nd shot and wife to get her booster. Only two weeks until we’re all as vaxxed as we’re gonna get.
4th shot in 6 months.

Bubble181

Bubble181

4th shot in 6 months.
Followed by a specialized Omikron side-shot 3 months after that.

chris

chris

I'm boostered up

PatrThom

PatrThom

Oops.
Y’know how there’s that scene in Spirits Within where President Snow tells Hades not to fire the giant space laser into the pit full of angry ghosts, but he goes and does it anyway and almost destroys the world? This kinda feels a bit like that.

—Patrick

bhamv3

bhamv3

Y’know how there’s that scene in Spirits Within where President Snow tells Hades not to fire the giant space laser into the pit full of angry ghosts, but he goes and does it anyway and almost destroys the world? This kinda feels a bit like that.
Hang on, wait, I didn't know anyone actually watched Spirits Within.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I watched it when it came out, and was pretty impressed by the technology at the time, but the story slid across my brain like water on a duck's back.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I didn't know anyone actually watched Spirits Within.
We’ve already thoroughly established that I HAVE seen plenty of movies, they just aren’t the same ones everyone else has seen.

—Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

I saw it. Ben Affleck's best performance.

phil

phil

I remember liking it but of course couldn't understand why it was a "final fantasy" movie. Like if they'd just released it as it's own sci-fi movie I wonder if it would have done better?

chris

chris

I watched it and even own the BluRay
IMG_20230927_154954.jpg

GasBandit

GasBandit

"The powers inside you" seems an odd way to phrase "The Spirits Within"

chris

chris

"The powers inside you" seems an odd way to phrase "The Spirits Within"
Oh please, let's not open the can of worms that is german movie titles. But I guess "the ghosts within" would have been too confusing and people might have thought it's a horror movie.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I guess "the ghosts within" would have been too confusing and people might have thought it's a horror movie.
I suppose “The Spirits Within” could also be loosely translated as, “I Had Waaaay Too Many Jäger Bombs Last Night,” which could also make people think it’s a horror movie.

—Patrick

Dave

Dave

Oh hey. Guess who had Covid again?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Oh hey. Guess who had Covid again?
The only other programmer in my department! For the third time! Took him out for a week. Boy am I glad I work from home whenever possible, it's still going around and around and fucking around.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Already got my booster. Masking up whenever I go up.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Due to the incoming baby, the longer I can wait to get the shot, the better. Of course, it also is a balancing act because I’d rather not get covid.

Krisken

Krisken

Got the new shot on Monday, and wow it sucked yesterday. Cold shivers, etc. Better today, but it was not a fun experience.

Celt Z

Celt Z

We all get our boosters in October. Keeping my fingers crossed until then.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Mine's sched Oct 6th..couldn't get one close by sooner. Which hopefully means that the rednecks in this town are all getting boosted and filling appt slots.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Mine's sched Oct 6th..couldn't get one close by sooner. Which hopefully means that the rednecks in this town are all getting boosted and filling appt slots.
Wow, the first pharmacy I checked here had at least 20 appointments open every day.

GasBandit

GasBandit

About 7% of Americans have experienced long COVID, twice as many women as men.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

About 7% of Americans have experienced long COVID, twice as many women as men.

I didn't post about it here but I was in the hospital over the weekend due to complications from long covid. My health has been absolute shit ever since I got it and continues to go downhill

PatrThom

PatrThom

It's very difficult for me to tell any difference between the usual ADHD symptoms and those of long COVID-19. There's so much overlap.
I've noticed that numbers are more difficult for me to remember...the short-term kind of thing where you try to remember a 10-digit number long enough to write it down. Numbers I've already memorized are still no problem, just the short-term ones. Also homonyms trip me up more than they used to. But I have no idea if that's just normal aging or directly related to COVID.

--Patrick

Far

Far

Got my Covid booster and Flu shot yesterday. Arms are dead.

This is my...4th Covid booster at this point. As for Flu shot, honestly, I think the last time I got one I was 5. Not for any conscious decision, I just never remembered to, once it was my choice anyway. Can't say why my parents stopped between 5 and 16.