[Gaming] Where the Silent Hill HD Collection Went Hideously Wrong (hint: Everywhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both parts are here and they're loooooooooooooong but interesting exploring just how much of a fucking mess the HD collection is and just how fucking awful Konami as a company has become. They're just a wreck of a video game company. Hideo Kojima can't even save you Konami. Nothing can.

I didn't bother with them when I heard they were redoing all the voice work from Silent Hill 2. The delivery on some of those lines on the PS2 was masterful. Even the preview Konami gave for jail scene between James and Maria was completely off--I can't imagine how bad it was through the game.

I'll watch these soon.

Yeah, they're good videos if you can ignore the tryhardiness of the guys making them, but their points are all there.

Damn, I almost wish I hadn't watched this. I really like Mary Elizabeth McGlynn and she's totally being Konami's puppet in these clips.

Wow... the direction for voicing Angela from SH2. Completely lost the character. The original is portrayed as someone with a psychological disturbance or mental illness. The new voice is portrayed as some kind of succubus. Stupid. Fucking stupid.

No... the biggest problem with the HD Collection? The 360 version is riddled with bugs, but Konami won't release a patch for it because then they'd have to pay for certification from Microsoft. So instead they are offering you another game if you complain to them about it.

Thank you so much for introducing me to this Frank I'm going through all their videos and enjoying the HELL out of their interpretations and reviews of the entire Silent Hill series/comics/movies.

Such great stuff.

Yeah, they're good videos if you can ignore the tryhardiness of the guys making them, but their points are all there.
This is a very apt description of their style. I was only able to watch about 15 minutes before work and now I can't wait to watch the rest.

I think they make a good point that Konami should release the original PS2 versions on PSN. Square did that with Final Fantasy Tactics. Anyone who doesn't like the shitty new translation of the PSP version can still get the original and enjoy the shitty old translation of the PS1 version. I'd get the old one by preference, but the new one has multiplayer and my wife and I do like doing battles together. ...And I'm one of those losers who played the PS1 version so many times that I know the old dialogue anyway and insert that in my brain when I read the new stuff.

But anyway, Silent Hill! I'm going to have to try forgetting how MEM acted like a tool in those clips, making fun of the original voice casting and such, when I listen to SH music. It's frustrating to see how the people in charge of the new version had so much disdain for the original. All the other HD releases I've seen have just been the original game plus HD display and trophies. Nothing else changed. It's stupid that they though this was opportunity to do a ground-up remake.

Hell, even some of those have been faithful, like Zelda: OOT 3DS. The SH2/3 HD sound more like Twin Snakes. I fucking hated Twin Snakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.