Export thread

Which movie are you more likely to see this weekend?

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I was just curious since there's a wide range of new releases coming out tomorrow! Assume that you absolutely HAVE to see one of these movies.

Far

Far

I look forward to the lull that this weekend will bring to my theatre after the shit show that was Harry Potter last week.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Far said:
I look forward to the lull that this weekend will bring to my theatre after the shit show that was Harry Potter last week.
Please elaborate. Do you think none of these cinema titans has the ability to knock Harry off the top of the box office?

strawman

strawman

Pit two rated R movies against a PG and I'm always going to choose the PG.

That being said, the kids would rather see g-force as well.

If you see it in 3D, let me know if it's worth the extra bit.

-Adam

I'd probably go see Up. None of the ones coming out this weekend look any good to me.

strawman

strawman

Edrondol said:
I'd probably go see Up. None of the ones coming out this weekend look any good to me.
QFT.

Up is in the local dollar theater, so I probably am going to take the kids to see it (they haven't yet).

It is a wonderful movie.

-Adam

Wahad

Wahad

If I was going to the cinema I'd probably see Harry Potter.

I'm not going though.

Shakey

Shakey

How the crap did Ugly Truth get an R rating? The previews I've seen don't make it look all that bad.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I know there are better movies in theaters. But I'm here to ask the hard questions.

strawman

strawman

Charlie Dont Surf said:
Far said:
I look forward to the lull that this weekend will bring to my theatre after the poop show that was Harry Potter last week.
Please elaborate. Do you think none of these cinema titans has the ability to knock Harry off the top of the box office?
If something knocks HP off the top (which is possible, especially with the disney movie being the only new kid-friendly release this weekend, and the media blitz they've been doing on it) then it won't be there long - HP IMAX is out next wednesday, so it's going to rock the box office again.

-Adam

Steven Soderburgin

Shakey said:
How the crap did Ugly Truth get an R rating? The previews I've seen don't make it look all that bad.
It's supposedly rather vulgar.

strawman

strawman

Shakey said:
I don't know, but maybe, "The film's comic high point is a restaurant scene in which Abby[spoiler:2wtqxbdw]'s vibrating panties (one of Mike's ideas) go haywire[/spoiler:2wtqxbdw] while she's having dinner with her bosses."

:rofl:

-Adam

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Kissinger said:
Shakey said:
It's supposedly rather vulgar.
There's no censoring the ugly truth about gender relations in the dating world :smug:

Far

Far

stienman said:
Shakey said:
I don't know, but maybe, "The film's comic high point is a restaurant scene in which Abby[spoiler:37gvg3py]'s vibrating panties (one of Mike's ideas) go haywire which are being controlled by a child[/spoiler:37gvg3py] while she's having dinner with her bosses."

-Adam
Fixed that for you.

Steven Soderburgin

stienman said:
Shakey said:
I don't know, but maybe, "The film's comic high point is a restaurant scene in which Abby[spoiler:1xvioize]'s vibrating panties (one of Mike's ideas) go haywire[/spoiler:1xvioize] while she's having dinner with her bosses."

-Adam
They actually released that scene to promote the movie.

Let me repeat. They released the scene to which you are referring as a way to try to get people to see the movie.

You couldn't pay me enough to see some of the films coming out this weekend. But if you want to I'll take up a collection. I hear that works well.

Steven Soderburgin

If you guys send me $50, I'll see the winner of the poll.

strawman

strawman

The ugly truth is getting all sorts of bad reviews, and only scores a 7% on the tomatometer (significantly lower than the much-railed-against transformers on this forum).

One review says, "For a movie aimed primarily at a female audience, The Ugly Truth seems strangely intent on setting the women's movement back three or four decades."

It would surprise me to see you go see that one...

-Adam

Steven Soderburgin

I'm actually somewhat curious to see just how misogynistic it really is. Everything about that movie seems wholly repugnant.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I haven't been interested in anything in theaters since Drag Me to Hell.

Jay

Jay

I'm going to go see that rom-com movie with Gerald Butler and that chick from Knocked Up. The things we do for Vag.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

SeriousJay said:
I'm going to go see that rom-com movie with Gerald Butler and that chick from Knocked Up. The things we do for Vag.
hahahhahahahaa
hah
ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

aHhHhHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
AHAHAHA
AHAH
AAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no, seriously you deserve this movie

Steven Soderburgin

SeriousJay said:
And SeriousJay continues his illustrious posting career with this wonder.

strawman

strawman

If you promise to see the movie we pick, I'm going to change my vote.

-Adam

Shakey

Shakey

Huh, guess I should have looked at some reviews before I picked that as my choice. Not sure I'm willing to change it though. I really don't want to see the other two.

Jay

Jay

I'm glad my posting career entertains the masses of the mundane. :thumbsup:

PS : I finally saw Shawshank Redemption the other night.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

SeriousJay said:
masses of the mundane.
huh

Steven Soderburgin

SeriousJay said:
I'm glad my posting career entertains the masses of the mundane. :thumbsup:
I, for one, cannot wait to read your reaction to the movie. :)

Masses of the Mundane. Fucking GREAT band name!

Philosopher B.

Hmmm. If I saw any of these I sure woundn't see The Ugly Truth, and I don't have a particular need to see psycho orphans, so I guess that would leave me with G-Force. Shit, the mice look funny, anyhow, and it's got Will Arnett ...

Orphan will either be scary or (unintentionally) funny or both, so that'd be my pick.

Jay

Jay

Edrondol said:
Masses of the Mundane. smurfing GREAT band name!
I opted that we incorporate Masses of the Mundane in some shape or form for Halforums.

Tress

Tress

If I HAD to see one of those three, it would be Ugly Truth. That's not a reflection on any kind of enthusiasm for the movie, but rather it illustrates how I'm even less interested in the other choices. Orphan looks to be generic, boring, and not scary. G-Force seems to be another shallow, mindless offering designed to snare children, who will then drag their parents into the theater. Surprisingly I would rather see an unfunny "rom-com" that manages to offend both sexes at the same time.
Take this whole post with a grain of salt, I'm still in a very bad mood.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Seeing Harry Potter.

escushion said:
Seeing Harry Potter.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

ZenMonkey said:
escushion said:
Seeing Harry Potter.
I did; but all his choices suck.

phil

phil

OF those three I'd see G-force.

If it were open to any movie this weekend I'd probably try to get a group to see Bruno. Failing to get anyone to go I'd probably just go see The Hangover by myself. I've really wanted to see both of those but haven't had a chance yet.

escushion said:
I did; but all his choices suck.
Welcome to the point of the thread.

(that GIF overstates my own vehemence on the matter; I've just been waiting for an opportunity to use it) :D

Far

Far

phil said:
OF those three I'd see G-force.

If it were open to any movie this weekend I'd probably try to get a group to see Bruno. Failing to get anyone to go I'd probably just go see The Hangover by myself. I've really wanted to see both of those but haven't had a chance yet.
Go see The Hangover. I've yet to find anyone disappointed with it.

Espy

Espy

Orphan. It's the anti-adoption movie of the year!

Lally

Out of any of those, The Ugly Truth, since G-Force looks like it would irritate the crap out of me, and I don't like scary movies, whether they're well done or poorly done (and that one looks to be the latter).

But, I don't have to worry about that. At the rate I've seen movies recently I'll see another one in 2013. :tongue:

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Looking forward to August. New Tarantino, new Miyazaki.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yikes....

Well if I HAD to pick one, let's use process of elimination:

G-Force: No fucking way am I going to a movie about talking gerbils.

Orphan: I've stopped watching movies with evil children.

So I guess I'd choose The Awful Truth. So what's it about?

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Cajungal said:
Men are like this, women are like this

Cajungal

Cajungal

Charlie Dont Surf said:
Cajungal said:
Men are like this, women are like this
:eek: Someone dares tread into that realm? Surely not! The controversy! The scandal!

escushion said:
new Miyazaki.
Really? I hadn't heard about that.

TO IMDB!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

General Specific said:
escushion said:
new Miyazaki.

TO IMDB!
Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea comes out in the U.S. for limited release in mid-August.

escushion said:
General Specific said:
escushion said:
new Miyazaki.

TO IMDB!
Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea comes out in the U.S. for limited release in mid-August.
Crap. Limited releases never hit my area. Well, I'll probably buy the dvd anyway.

Shakey

Shakey

I figure, out of all of them, The Ugly Truth would be the easiest to sleep through. Except for maybe during the screaming Hiegl scene.

Wasabi Poptart

If I only had those three movies to choose from, and for some reason couldn't stay home, I would pick Orphan.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

WATCH OR DIE! NIGHTMARE MODE! PICK ONE!

G-Force. I have no interest in the other two and honestly? I kinda want to see G-Force.

Of course, I have enough interest to see it for free at the store when it comes out on video in a few months, but out of the three, I'd still pick that, first.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I'm totally snagging that Zen, thank you!

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I have to go with G-Force and Will Arnett. That guy is hilarious, but this movie will probably suck.

I will probably just hit the ol Redbox this weekend, instead.

Wait. :paranoid:

Yes, a bit of the ol' in-and-out. :hump: :rimshot:

Shegokigo said:
I'm totally snagging that Zen, thank you!
Yeah, I probably could have picked a better moment but I've been dying to use it ever since I saw it elsewhere. :D

Alucard

Well since I've practically seen most of the films this year and am looking forward to Ingenious Bastards.

Going to the drive in to see that Harry Potter film and that fast and the furious flick out of boredom for saturday evening.

Steven Soderburgin

BlackCat said:
Well since I've practically seen most of the films this year and am looking forward to Ingenious Bastards.
Define "most"

Tress

Tress

BlackCat said:
It's "Inglorious Basterds."

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

America has chosen G-Force, with Ugly truth a close-ish second, and Orphan bringing up the rear.