Which movie are you more likely to see this weekend?

You must see one of these new release movies:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I look forward to the lull that this weekend will bring to my theatre after the shit show that was Harry Potter last week.

Far said:
I look forward to the lull that this weekend will bring to my theatre after the shit show that was Harry Potter last week.
Please elaborate. Do you think none of these cinema titans has the ability to knock Harry off the top of the box office?

Pit two rated R movies against a PG and I'm always going to choose the PG.

That being said, the kids would rather see g-force as well.

If you see it in 3D, let me know if it's worth the extra bit.

-Adam

I'd probably go see Up. None of the ones coming out this weekend look any good to me.

Edrondol said:
I'd probably go see Up. None of the ones coming out this weekend look any good to me.
QFT.

Up is in the local dollar theater, so I probably am going to take the kids to see it (they haven't yet).

It is a wonderful movie.

-Adam

Charlie Dont Surf said:
Far said:
I look forward to the lull that this weekend will bring to my theatre after the poop show that was Harry Potter last week.
Please elaborate. Do you think none of these cinema titans has the ability to knock Harry off the top of the box office?
If something knocks HP off the top (which is possible, especially with the disney movie being the only new kid-friendly release this weekend, and the media blitz they've been doing on it) then it won't be there long - HP IMAX is out next wednesday, so it's going to rock the box office again.

-Adam

S

Steven Soderburgin

Shakey said:
How the crap did Ugly Truth get an R rating? The previews I've seen don't make it look all that bad.
It's supposedly rather vulgar.

Shakey said:
How the crap did Ugly Truth get an R rating? The previews I've seen don't make it look all that bad.
I don't know, but maybe, "The film's comic high point is a restaurant scene in which Abby[spoiler:2wtqxbdw]'s vibrating panties (one of Mike's ideas) go haywire[/spoiler:2wtqxbdw] while she's having dinner with her bosses."

:rofl:

-Adam

stienman said:
Shakey said:
I don't know, but maybe, "The film's comic high point is a restaurant scene in which Abby[spoiler:37gvg3py]'s vibrating panties (one of Mike's ideas) go haywire which are being controlled by a child[/spoiler:37gvg3py] while she's having dinner with her bosses."

-Adam
Fixed that for you.

S

Steven Soderburgin

stienman said:
Shakey said:
I don't know, but maybe, "The film's comic high point is a restaurant scene in which Abby[spoiler:1xvioize]'s vibrating panties (one of Mike's ideas) go haywire[/spoiler:1xvioize] while she's having dinner with her bosses."

-Adam
They actually released that scene to promote the movie.

Let me repeat. They released the scene to which you are referring as a way to try to get people to see the movie.

You couldn't pay me enough to see some of the films coming out this weekend. But if you want to I'll take up a collection. I hear that works well.

S

Steven Soderburgin

If you guys send me $50, I'll see the winner of the poll.

The ugly truth is getting all sorts of bad reviews, and only scores a 7% on the tomatometer (significantly lower than the much-railed-against transformers on this forum).

One review says, "For a movie aimed primarily at a female audience, The Ugly Truth seems strangely intent on setting the women's movement back three or four decades."

It would surprise me to see you go see that one...

-Adam

S

Steven Soderburgin

I'm actually somewhat curious to see just how misogynistic it really is. Everything about that movie seems wholly repugnant.

I'm going to go see that rom-com movie with Gerald Butler and that chick from Knocked Up. The things we do for Vag.

SeriousJay said:
I'm going to go see that rom-com movie with Gerald Butler and that chick from Knocked Up. The things we do for Vag.
hahahhahahahaa
hah
ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

aHhHhHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
AHAHAHA
AHAH
AAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no, seriously you deserve this movie

S

Steven Soderburgin

SeriousJay said:
And SeriousJay continues his illustrious posting career with this wonder.

Huh, guess I should have looked at some reviews before I picked that as my choice. Not sure I'm willing to change it though. I really don't want to see the other two.

I'm glad my posting career entertains the masses of the mundane. :thumbsup:

PS : I finally saw Shawshank Redemption the other night.

S

Steven Soderburgin

SeriousJay said:
I'm glad my posting career entertains the masses of the mundane. :thumbsup:
I, for one, cannot wait to read your reaction to the movie. :)

P

Philosopher B.

Hmmm. If I saw any of these I sure woundn't see The Ugly Truth, and I don't have a particular need to see psycho orphans, so I guess that would leave me with G-Force. Shit, the mice look funny, anyhow, and it's got Will Arnett ...

Orphan will either be scary or (unintentionally) funny or both, so that'd be my pick.

If I HAD to see one of those three, it would be Ugly Truth. That's not a reflection on any kind of enthusiasm for the movie, but rather it illustrates how I'm even less interested in the other choices. Orphan looks to be generic, boring, and not scary. G-Force seems to be another shallow, mindless offering designed to snare children, who will then drag their parents into the theater. Surprisingly I would rather see an unfunny "rom-com" that manages to offend both sexes at the same time.
Take this whole post with a grain of salt, I'm still in a very bad mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.