Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

I put my ex's bicycle up for sale today. I bought it for her last year, using some income tax return money. But it's been sitting in my apartment for the last 6+ months. She hasn't once asked about it or asked to get it back.

I have a credit card debt I'm trying to work down, so...I asked her if I could sell it. She said it was fine. So now its up on Facebook Marketplace.

I just...feel guilty since I bought it for her in the first place. And aside from the time she broke her arm, we had good memories of riding around Halifax.

But...she hasn't asked for it back, it's just taking up space in my apartment, and I could use the money. But I still feel guilty.

If you're going to come out and just admit you're one of our lizard overlords, you might as well just lick your eyeballs. I'm sure that capability is one of many qualities women find attractive in you.

GasBandit

Staff member
On the other hand, the angels haven't gotten you! ...yet.
If only it was that useful. But I'm facing my computer, so any angel could have just come up behind me at any time >_<

If you're going to come out and just admit you're one of our lizard overlords, you might as well just lick your eyeballs. I'm sure that capability is one of many qualities women find attractive in you.
*mlerp*

Saurian domination aside, it's a side effect of my lasik. They cut the part of my eye that tells my brain how dry they are. So if I get really absorbed in something, I often forget to blink (or I just continue blinking the normal, hydrated amount no matter how dry my eyes get). And I always had a problem with dry eyes to begin with even before the surgery. Some days I'd go into work with the bottom half of my eyes completely bloodshot but the top half white and clear because I just had my eyes half open staring at the screen the whole time.

GasBandit

Staff member
GF's son tried to drive off with my battery charger still hooked up to his battery >_< Dude is quite accident prone. Yes, same guy who backed into my car because he wasn't paying attention. I'm starting to feel like I am posting about him an inordinate amount. At any rate, my charger's destroyed.

Everybody in the house has the flu, and I was patient zero.

I'm supposed to travel for work this week. I hope I have this kicked by wednesday.
I posted the above February 4th. I'm still trying to recover from the tinnitus the swelling in my left ear canal has caused. I've always had pretty bad tinnitus, but this is still several orders of magnitude worse. I'm worried because I've read about nerve damage from this sort of thing making in permanent, but at least it does seem to be getting better, albeit extremely slowly.

It's been extremely irritating because I love listening to music, while I work, while I drive, while I game... and I haven't been able to do that effectively. And, naturally, it also affects my on-site work because I can't tell "by ear" when a speaker is tuned properly.

GF's son tried to drive off with my battery charger still hooked up to his battery >_< Dude is quite accident prone. Yes, same guy who backed into my car because he wasn't paying attention. I'm starting to feel like I am posting about him an inordinate amount. At any rate, my charger's destroyed.
I'd post about some of my son's escapades, but then the board would be nothing but the two of us. At any rate, I definitely feel ya.

--Patrick

Years of gun use has left me with a pretty permanent squeal in the left ear. Can relate to colds, flus (and weed weirdly enough) making it far worse for a while.

The wife is going through her monthly cycle and apparently the object of all her frustration tonight is freaking BUTTER. We were eating corn on the cob with dinner and the pat of butter slid off her corn.

“This butter didn’t stay on. Don’t just sit there. Help me!”

“What do you want me to do about it?”

“I dunno. Something!”

It was all I could do to suppress a laugh.

The wife is going through her monthly cycle and apparently the object of all her frustration tonight is freaking BUTTER. We were eating corn on the cob with dinner and the pat of butter slid off her corn.

“This butter didn’t stay on. Don’t just sit there. Help me!”

“What do you want me to do about it?”

“I dunno. Something!”

It was all I could do to suppress a laugh.
This reminds me of a phone call I received from my mom when I was off at university, several hundred miles away. You see, my mother is terrified of rats, and my dad was away on business, while my two younger sisters were also far away, so mom was home alone. She saw a rat, and didn't know what to do, so she called me.

"There's a rat here!"

"Okay, but what do you expect me to do about it?"

"Can't you think of something?"

"Well, all right, put the rat on the phone and I'll tell it to go away."

Dave

Staff member
This reminds me of a phone call I received from my mom when I was off at university, several hundred miles away. You see, my mother is terrified of rats, and my dad was away on business, while my two younger sisters were also far away, so mom was home alone. She saw a rat, and didn't know what to do, so she called me.

"There's a rat here!"

"Okay, but what do you expect me to do about it?"

"Can't you think of something?"

"Well, all right, put the rat on the phone and I'll tell it to go away."
My wife did the same thing to me when I was at a work training seminar in Chicago. She, in Omaha, had a snake in the kitchen and called me in a panic, wanting me to fix the situation. Uh....

I got monday off from work so the family could all go spectate the eclipse, and the forecast says it's going to thunderstorm >_<
I canceled my plans Tuesday, I just don’t want to drive that far to sit inside during a thunderstorm. I could go to Waco, use the daughter’s apartment as a base, storms are supposed to be south and East at the right time there, but I do t want to deal with the traffic that would be around there.

GasBandit

Staff member
Jesus but every single pharmacy out there seems to be a dog slow shitshow that makes post offices look zippy and efficient.

Jesus but every single pharmacy out there seems to be a dog slow shitshow that makes post offices look zippy and efficient.
They are being bogged down by red tape.
No, really. Pharmacies are being hit now with monthly limits on how much of any drug can be dispensed, with those limits based on previous sales. So if someone new joins your pharmacy, or if you get a new prescription, that means someone else later in the month will get shafted. It's all for your safety, and to prevent drug abuse, of course.

--Patrick

Except for the CVS ones. They are just reducing staff and forcing them to do more hours because they have their own insurance company that forces all their clients to use CVS. The retention rate for my local CVS is terrible.

I just stopped at a local CVS today. The three staff up at the front counter were all complaining about how corporate didn't want to update their computers/registers and were basically leaving them high and dry with slow, outdated equipment. Surprisingly, their stock has been relatively stable over the last few years.

--Patrick

Yeah, my pharmacy I go to got renovated. Now everything takes days instead of hours and they don't make compounds anymore so I have to wait over a week when I bring in a scrip for the cream I have to rub on my elbow. At least the lights are brighter now.

I'm going to die alone. I've just accepted this now. I'm too old to have kids or start a family. Even if I met anyone for dating or a relationship, I'd just inevitably push them away.. I don't have a social life. I don't think I'm valuable to anyone's time or have anything valuable to contribute to their life. I'd much rather be alone than drag anyone down with me.

Mom's Alzheimer's is starting to show signs. When I visited them for lunch this past Sunday, she pointed out two old pictures of mine as her favourite. But then she did it several more times, as if she forgot she already pointed them out to me.

What's more concerning is her social media habits. I have her on Facebook. Since we don't talk much, but I post often, that's pretty much the only way she keeps up with my life. We chat a little bit on Messenger, but not very much.

The problem is she's starting to leave comments on my posts that are clearly supposed to be in Messenger. Like, I posted the above on Facebook and she left comments like "You'll sleep well tonight" (referring to my bike ride today) or "do you still take meds?" referring to our conversation about my lack of a therapist.

I keep trying to explain to her what she's doing, but it's like she doesn't understand how or where she's replying. She never had this issue until recently. But I really, really, really don't want her to accidentally air something personal through a reply to my post in this manner. And outside of unfriending her on Facebook, I don't know any other way to get her to stop doing that. I don't want to cut off that line of communication with her.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Moving boxes of stuff from the GF's old house to mine.

Got bit by something. Probably a spider.

Knuckle's swollen up to the curvature of a shooter marble.

I better get superpowers outta this.