Export thread

Who wants to go on a field trip?

Necronic

Necronic

So, some of you guys may know that I really like a couple of Ayn Rands books (Anthem and Fountainhead), but I've never really been all that interested in the philosophical side of the whole thing, because I assumed it would be filled with pedantic philosophers. But recently I went and registered on an objectivism forum and looked around and registered to see what it was really like in there.

But boy howdy those are some nutjobs in there. In fact calling them philosophers is a bit of stretch. Religious zealots is a more accurate term.

Anyways, I think a big part of their problem is that they operate in a circle jerk vacuum, and there is little I disdain more than the intellectual who refuses to challenge his views.

So, I started thinking it would be fun if a large group of people (from all sorts of philosophical backgrounds) went and registered there and started posting in there and throwing in their views. Really shit up the place you know? But who could I bring in for such a task? Where could I find a hive of such wretched scum and villainy?

Ah yes. There you guys are. So who's interested?

edit: Oh yeah, thought I should include a link to the place eh?

edit2: I'm removing the link until Dave sancitons this. Dude please sanction it.

I would suggest not going straight from the link though, if we do then a webmaster worth much of a damn would figure out that all these new accounts were coming from here.

Dave

Dave

Do we really want to do this? I don't want to put up with any blowback that would probably occur.

General Specific

General Specific

Mass trolling another forum? What could go wrong?

Dave

Dave

Mass trolling another forum? What could go wrong?
Especially a group which he called "religious zealots".

Necronic

Necronic

well hey, the worst thing that could happen is that a couple of them come in here and then you can have Gas Bandit and Krisken do that whole Night at the Roxbury dance on them until they break down and start crying.

Would be pretty funny.

Edit: I mean ffs dude they have a section of their forum asking for "Objectivist Video Games" and asking whether Rand would sanction playing WoW.

Edit2: But yeah I mean this is your forum so I don't want to be causing you troubles or anything. And it doens't have to be trolling. I mean, if Charlie Dont Surf were just to go in there and start posting his views you would start hearing choruses of "Shun the unclean!!!!" and hissing noises.

General Specific

General Specific

Registering for the sole purpose of antagonizing and upsetting the regular forum members is NOT trolling?

Necronic

Necronic

Well, when you put it like that, yeah it's totally trolling.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

If you read chad sexington's blog, Dave, you would know how to avoid the blowback!

Biannoshufu

this never goes wrong. Remember our little dance with Forumopolis? We got Charlie from that.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

If you read chad sexington's blog, Dave, you would know how to avoid the blowback!
WHY DO PEOPLE REMEMBER THIS

LittleSin

LittleSin

WHY DO PEOPLE REMEMBER THIS
I don't! It sounds like would have been useful info to have though!

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I don't! It sounds like would have been useful info to have though!
Well I'd hate to not let you in on the joke. http://sexingtonsecrets.blogspot.com/

*grumbles about Truth or Dare threads*

Dave

Dave

I love the fact that right under that is about the Frosty Susan....

phil

phil

Well I'd hate to not let you in on the joke. http://sexingtonsecrets.blogspot.com/

*grumbles about Truth or Dare threads*

Yes, yes. Let the hate flow through you.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

It's not trolling if you post your legitimate views.

I say go for it.

Dave

Dave

Whatever happened to frosty?
He lurks sometimes, but he spends most of his time on Reddit now.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Official Halforums invasion? Bad idea. Now, if you want to PM the link to a small, elite team, acting unofficially so that Dave can disavow all knowledge? Well, we can't really stop you from doing that, now can we?

Biannoshufu

you know how i troll people i hate?

i ignore them. easiest method ever.

LordRendar

LordRendar

Where is the fun in that?

Adam

Adammon

Where is the fun in that?
She can't hear you. She's ignoring you...

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Who can't hear him? Did someone post?