Whose richer: Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But as for the topic at hand? I'd say Tony Stark. Bruce Wayne's money is more confined within Gotham. Like Luthor and Metropolis, he basically OWNS Gotham and does have some pockets of money around the world, but it's mostly confined within the city. Stark? Stark has contracts all over the Marvel Universe and previously was a weapons manufacturer, which made him a LOT of money.
I hate to bring the real world into this, but I don't see how being a weapons maker brings in the really big bucks. Forbes list of billionaires is topped by Gates and Buffett, with telecom and software guys in 3rd and 4th. Number 5 is the founder of IKEA.

I don't really feel like going beyond that, so I'll just ask you why you think the really big money is in weapons?[/QUOTE]

Well, think about the universe it happens in though. The weapons they're building go beyond a new gun that shoots 3 more bullets per minute than the previous model. When Tony Stark makes a weapon for the government it could be anything from a mech suit to a flying fortress to a gun that shoots sound and is designed specifically for dealing with the hulk. The weapons of that universe have to do so much more than our weapons do that you know Stark can just name his price and the government will HAVE to pay or try to stop a skrull invasion with a standard M16 or whatever they use these days.

It's not so much that weapons development is such a cash cow, but fictional super science leads to being one of the most profitable professions out there.

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

And as far as the ebinezer scrooge thing, I guess part of my problem with it is that I never really imagined him to be all THAT rich. I mean, I'm only going off of the 100s of movies about it and not the book but he always seemed more like just particularly wealthy mostly because he penny pinches all the time.

R

Roxxoredizorz

Well I think Bruce is smarter, and could easily find out where Tony lives, and rip out that flashlight in his chest. After that Tony's companies stock would drop, and Bruce could buy him out.

But what I'm wondering is, where the fuck is Doctor Doom. HE OWNS HIS OWN FUCKING COUNTRY, which he took from the worst economy to the best. He has to be somewhere on there.

Well I think Bruce is smarter, and could easily find out where Tony lives, and rip out that flashlight in his chest. After that Tony's companies stock would drop, and Bruce could buy him out.

But what I'm wondering is, where the fuck is Doctor Doom. HE OWNS HIS OWN FUCKING COUNTRY, which he took from the worst economy to the best. He has to be somewhere on there.
A better detective maybe, but there's no way Bruce is half the engineer Tony Stark is.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Which really begs the question, where is Emperor Palpatine? He owns his own galaxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.