Export thread

Wiki needs work! Please join and help out!

YAOMTC

WE NEED YOUR HELP, STAR F-- uh, Halforums residents!

I'm not just talking. See, I made a page for Leapin' Lawyer. You may have been here for that back in the Halfpixel days. If not, go and find out about it! (I had saved the pictures, and they are rather out of place on my site I never update, which has not-so-great layout. This is much better.)

Read, join, learn, contribute. Let's get the ball rolling. :)

bhamv3

bhamv3

I made a page on our motivational posters threads! I contributed!

Bubble181

Bubble181

Hey! I was the one who commented that our beards tend to be red, not N_R.
Also, no page for LeQuack or Gusto? Cajungal? Dude, important users missing still. :-P

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Also, no page for LeQuack or Gusto? Cajungal? Dude, important users missing still. :-P
So write them yourself.

phil

phil

I feel weird editing and writing about other people. I really don't know what else to add to the wiki

bhamv3

bhamv3

I love how the biggest tag is "users." Narcissism for the win! :D

phil

phil

But what is halforums, if not the users?

[/family moment]

bhamv3

bhamv3

*group hug*

YAOMTC

I made a page on our motivational posters threads! I contributed!
High five! o/

I feel weird editing and writing about other people. I really don't know what else to add to the wiki
You could make the home/start/welcome page better? Right now it's just the default. You could document some event(s) from the past, or the present, or maybe just improve on some articles that are already there. You don't have to write about specific users.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I like wikis, but I'm a relative new person here, so I dunno if I have much to add. My page is pretty true though, at least!

Shannow

Shannow

Hahahahahaha

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I'm fine with my page. I think it says enough about me that I don't need to update it.

Dave

Dave

I was apparently around when the Earth cooled.

GasBandit

GasBandit

The last line of my signature is both an encouragement and a threat.

Andromache

I've been adding pages as I remember to or as whiners beg me to, but the fact is I'm not around very much and my information is biased. So if you want to see yourself in the wikisite, be bold and add it. ( You can thank me for the Massive Webcomics list by updating it as necessary, for example.)

YAOMTC

( You can thank me for the Massive Webcomics list by updating it as necessary, for example.)
And me! I compiled the updated list, Crone formatted the links (quite a painstaking process). :)

But yes, please do keep that updated with your regularly-read webcomics. Be sure to add the name(s) of the creator(s) and a line or two telling us about it. Also, let's add some of those short descriptions to comics we read on the list that don't already have them. I'll add some for the ones I added... later on.

Gusto

Gusto

Hey! I was the one who commented that our beards tend to be red, not N_R.
Daaaaaaw SHUCKS.

I feel so important.

fade

fade

Yeesh, Crone's entry is a little harsh. And it doesn't even mention that she's the mysterious alt of JCM!

Andromache

Yeesh, Crone's entry is a little harsh. And it doesn't even mention that she's the mysterious alt of JCM!
updated your and my entries.

It's hardly harsh.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Well, she wrote it herself.

Shannow

Shannow

Well, she wrote it herself.[/QUOTE]

Bwahahahahahahaha!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Well thank you for that helpful comment Shannow, you've been most informative and useful to this thread.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

I have nothing of value to add to this thread. But I've read it.

Hey, at least I was honest. :p

Shannow

Shannow

Well thank you for that helpful comment Shannow, you've been most informative and useful to this thread.
What he posted made me laugh, and thus, I showed this. Anything else?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Yes. You're lumpy and you smell bad.

I calls 'em like I sees 'em. I'm a whale biologist.

Shannow

Shannow

Yes. You're lumpy and you smell bad.

I calls 'em like I sees 'em. I'm a whale biologist.

Hahahahahahaha. for soem reason, that brought me to think:

Andromache

People should start filling out their own entries, before I do.

I'll be honest, I promise.

ElJuski

ElJuski

so many forumite's egos hang in the balance of this wikipedia page, and their inclusion, exclusion, and scope thereof their personalities @__@

Andromache

so many forumite's egos hang in the balance of this wikipedia page, and their inclusion, exclusion, and scope thereof their personalities @__@
Can I just say that I never liked you? And I'll get the "feeling is mutual" response out of the way. But let's be open about it, shall we? Either you're contributing to what you hate, or you love it, and revel in it just as much as anyone, and have nothing to feel righteous about. That's why I like you.

Shannow

Shannow

huge wang, BRAH!

ElJuski

ElJuski

Can I just say that I never liked you? And I'll get the "feeling is mutual" response out of the way. But let's be open about it, shall we? Either you're contributing to what you hate, or you love it, and revel in it just as much as anyone, and have nothing to feel righteous about. That's why I like you.[/QUOTE]

>:]

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

huge wang, BRAH![/QUOTE]

*thumbs up*
*rides off into the sunset*

Shannow

Shannow

Can I just say that I never liked you.... That's why I like you.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Andromache

Dear Shannow: the greatest insult anyone could ever give you will be forever trumped by the mistake your parents made in letting you live.

In that way, I feel sorry for them.

Shannow

Shannow

Dear Shannow: the greatest insult anyone could ever give you will be forever trumped but the mistake your parents made in letting you live.

In that way, I feel sorry for them.

But it is okay, i also still like you.

Andromache

Haha, your out on an insult of your mom was a grammar catch. Good one, dog.

Shannow

Shannow

I needed more? ;)

Quick note dave, seems like that quick edit error was fixed.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

I can so totally feel the love in this thread right now.

.... no, wait. Those are nails. And that's my..... HEY!!!! Don't do that!!!

Andromache

while we're here, can we talk about how weird it is that you have self image problems? I mean, it'd be one thing if you looked like Shannow, or Shegokigo, but you're pretty cute. What's up with that?

Shannow

Shannow

while we're here, can we talk about how weird it is that you have self image problems? I mean, it'd be one thing if you looked like Shannow, or Shegokigo, but you're pretty cute. What's up with that?[/QUOTE]

Hahahahahahahahaha. Oh man, wow. Hahahahaha. Good one.

Andromache

but back to it. Unless you had a vagina chin there, TN, what's the deal?

Dave

Dave

I love my entry and I haven't edited word 1 in the wiki.

Shannow

Shannow

but back to it. Unless you had a vagina chin there, TN, what's the deal?[/QUOTE]

That's not vanity...its confidence! A confidence based on the fact that I know I am better than the rest of the world. DUH! :rouckout:

Dave

Dave

but back to it. Unless you had a vagina chin there, TN, what's the deal?[/quote]

That's not vanity...its confidence! A confidence based on the fact that I know I am better than the rest of the world. DUH! :rouckout:[/QUOTE]

I always hated that song. Not because it's a bad song but because the song IS about them! I'll bet you think the song is about you! Because it is!

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

but back to it. Unless you had a vagina chin there, TN, what's the deal?
As much as I'm a fan and regular rider on the train of derailment, Ya, this is totally not going to keep in this thread. Crone, I sent you a PM, or will in a moment.

As for the Wiki, seems GasBandit was kind enough to put an entry in for me and I have nothing to add. Sums up pretty well.

Shannow

Shannow

I always hated that song. Not because it's a bad song but because the song IS about them! I'll bet you think the song is about you! Because it is!
You just blew my mind! :explode:

Andromache

haha. The song is never about you. It's kinda like the game, which you can never win.

JCM

Gah, someone, as usual, stole my JCM handle.... [:(]

Added some historical stuff and user pages, some extra historical stuff in some user pages, love That Nick Guy's page (sould I add your feud in the Neon Grue/Neon Ninja pages?)

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Hahaha!

Some of the user profiles are a great read. Keep it up guys.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Holy crap, you guys went nuts last night with edits.

I just did my first IP ban! Hooray. /facepalm

Please don't delete entire articles about users (or anything else) to be replaced by a single, uninformative epithet.

Look, just don't be goddamned little bitches. Be civil when editing the wiki and try to maintain neutral viewpoint. If you got something to say to somebody, call them out on the forum like a human being instead of passive-aggressively editing their wiki.

Everybody else, feel free to e-mail me (gasbandit at gmail.com) if there's shennanigans going on, and I'll drop the B& hammer if I feel it's appropriate. Or talk to Amorous Eyes, I've made Ame a moderator just so somebody else can ban bozos too.

Andromache

I dunno. Some of the changes were interesting. In fact, I went back and added in the stuff that was cleaned up on my entry. Because an anonymous guy going out of his way on the internet to call me a whore makes me feel special.

Shannow

Shannow

Please don't delete entire articles about users (or anything else) to be replaced by a single, uninformative epithet.

Look, just don't be goddamned little bitches. Be civil when editing the wiki and try to maintain neutral viewpoint. If you got something to say to somebody, call them out on the forum like a human being instead of passive-aggressively editing their wiki.

Everybody else, feel free to e-mail me (gasbandit at gmail.com) if there's shennanigans going on, and I'll drop the B& hammer if I feel it's appropriate. Or talk to Amorous Eyes, I've made Ame a moderator just so somebody else can ban bozos too.

Wow, really? People were going out of their way to do that on the wiki? :blue::thumbsdown:

GasBandit

GasBandit

It was only two or three people, and all but one of the people in question immediately reverted their own changes (after sober reflection, I assume, that they were being childish dicks). The one anon who didn't revert their own change (and got the IP ban) was the most blatant of the bunch (the others were little 1 word or couple sentence alterations), and somebody else had already fixed it by reversion before I came across it, so really all the damage was already undone by more civic-minded wiki users and anons by the time I got wind of it.

At this point I think we're ok still leaving anons going, but like I said to Dave earlier in this thread - if it gets to be unmanageable, it's a flip of the switch to disable anonymous editing.

Chazwozel

It was only two or three people, and all but one of the people in question immediately reverted their own changes (after sober reflection, I assume, that they were being childish dicks). The one anon who didn't revert their own change (and got the IP ban) was the most blatant of the bunch (the others were little 1 word or couple sentence alterations), and somebody else had already fixed it by reversion before I came across it, so really all the damage was already undone by more civic-minded wiki users and anons by the time I got wind of it.

At this point I think we're ok still leaving anons going, but like I said to Dave earlier in this thread - if it gets to be unmanageable, it's a flip of the switch to disable anonymous editing.
I've already thrown up the disclaimer on my page. I got a pretty good idea who the anon was who boogered it all up to begin with (hmmm who constantly brings up guitar hero...I wonder...). Remember kids, a forum wiki isn't there to let you vent your passive aggressive tensions out on other forumites anonymously. If you've got beef with someone, grow some balls and log onto your user name.

JCM

Heh, I loved the childish dick who made my profile (and also stole my account handle, just in case, JCM over there isnt me, Im "therealJCM") I probably can guess who it is, but screw that.

Anyway, added most of the historical users I can remember, sent joemc a pm in the krewmembers forum to see if I can dig up any more old users.

BTW, I´ve made a page for most users I saw in the forum, maybe we could have a thread inviting everyone to simply click "edit" and fill out their profiles?

Shannow

Shannow

A button under an avatar to take you to a members wiki page? Link forum to wiki, so every user automatically has one, even if its not filled out, perhaps?

Would be a neat way to get the thing more active.

JCM

A button under an avatar to take you to a members wiki page? Link forum to wiki, so every user automatically has one, even if its not filled out, perhaps?

Well, anything is better than the basic "is a forum user" I worte, because at 4 am waiting for some emails, thats all I can do besides creating a page for every forumite and tagging it.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Well, anything is better than the basic "is a forum user" I worte, because at 4 am waiting for some emails, thats all I can do besides creating a page for every forumite and tagging it.[/QUOTE]

Whenever I created somebody's on the spur of the moment, I described them as "is a user of ill repute."

Shannow

Shannow

True, but that might work though. Make that a generic for everyone automatically, that can be edited right throguh the forum. hell, if a forumer does the edit from being signed in, that name could perhap populate as the editer?

JCM

True, but that might work though. Make that a generic for everyone automatically, that can be edited right throguh the forum. hell, if a forumer does the edit from being signed in, that name could perhap populate as the editer?
That seems a bit complicated, but then I dont underestimate Amorous

Shannow

Shannow

Eh, thwe simplest way I see it is that a user on the forum automatically has a wiki page. When an account is createdm, so is the wiki updated based of that database of users.

it could simply populate with 'A forum user" or some such.

The game is there, and is then simply linked via button/dropdown/link/what have you under the persons avatar. Clicking that automatically brings you to their page for editing/view and if you were logged into the forum, the edit you would put in would register to your forum name.

Actually, looking at that...it does seem complicated. not even sure if it is possible.

JCM

The only complexity is that the wiki is off-forum, which requires its own login.

Hmmm, this is actually making me want to dig up my old laptop and see if I can find older forum pics.

Dave

Dave

I did download a forum wiki mod at one point but God did that thing suck ass!

GasBandit

GasBandit

We can't just do a direct populate as we don't have direct access to the database/guts of the wiki. Even I can only add content the normal way.

Shannow

Shannow

We can't just do a direct populate as we don't have direct access to the database/guts of the wiki. Even I can only add content the normal way.
yeah, unforunately, that what I figured :(

Dave

Dave

Unless Ame builds us a wiki from scratch. :D

Fun Size

Fun Size

I committed as far as filling out my own entry.

Gusto

Gusto

I've edited a couple of entries for users and a bit on Free Cat but haven't been so BOLD as to add myself yet.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

GasBandit said:
Whenever I created somebody's on the spur of the moment, I described them as "is a user of ill repute."
Ah, see now here I almost felt special for a minute to be call a user of ill repute.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Maybe I'm missing it, but is there a link to the wiki? I mean somewhere other than the OP.

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit said:
Ah, see now here I almost felt special for a minute to be call a user of ill repute.
Well, if it makes you feel better, you're definitely one of the illest.

Gusto

Gusto

Thanks for the shout-out, Amourous. :)

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

GasBandit said:
Well, if it makes you feel better, you're definitely one of the illest.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, gimme a hug ya big teddy bear.

.... :smug:

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Heh, I loved the childish dick who...
Just this alone is hilariously ironic given some of your activity on the wiki.

Andromache

Just this alone is hilariously ironic given some of your activity on the wiki.[/QUOTE]

oh man. oh man. sides hurt sooo much.

fade

fade

Yeah... No. lol

I'm actually building my own personal Wiki for private use. :p[/QUOTE]

If you're a mac user, there's a great app called VoodooPad that is a standalone notebook, but it acts like a wiki. It recognizes wiki-case links, etc. I used it for a while, but honestly, I'm a pen-and-paper kind of guy when it comes to notes. It's too hard to typeset math and diagrams at the moment. (GO MathML standardization!)

JCM

The side with the scars, or the burns, given your own wiki activity?
Well, I´ll probably add another twenty user pages later tonight, got to wait for some work emails, and most regular posters are already there...

Maybe we could have a sticky asking everyone to add their page?
Just this alone is hilariously ironic given some of your activity on the wiki.[/QUOTE]Add triple ironic when you add in that I simply followed the example of the ones who made my wiki and other´s, adding a bit of historical dirt on everyone (including myself), but hey, even wiki has a "do as we say/not as we do rule"... ;)

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

The "they started it!" defense is always so compelling.

JCM

Yeah, because we all know that its impossible for a mod to actually click "history" ;)

(189.74.152.x) (200.193.225.x) TheRealJCM, have fun.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Yeah, because we all know that its impossible for a mod to actually click "history" ;)

(189.74.152.x) (200.193.225.x) TheRealJCM, have fun.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on missing the point entirely.

JCM

Congrats on missing the point entirely.
The double-irony?

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Yeah... No. lol

I'm actually building my own personal Wiki for private use. :p[/QUOTE]

If you're a mac user, there's a great app called VoodooPad that is a standalone notebook, but it acts like a wiki. It recognizes wiki-case links, etc. I used it for a while, but honestly, I'm a pen-and-paper kind of guy when it comes to notes. It's too hard to typeset math and diagrams at the moment. (GO MathML standardization!)[/QUOTE]
I'm not a MacGrrl and I like having my stuff online for easy access anywhere. :)[/QUOTE]Thats why we love you Amo

Dave

Dave

We have drama about the weirdest shit.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Actually it's completely banal. Like a slap-fight between toddlers.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

Andromache

I vote we add this is one of our random Halforums taglines.[/QUOTE]

http://i31.tinypic.com/2qc1l7b.png

Dave

Dave

Sometimes I love you.

Andromache

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Gusto

Gusto

Man, Crone is like the Lumine Hall of HFs logos.

And I like it. :)

Dave

Dave

I think I'll look tonight to see if there's a mod for a rotating banner page. ;)

Andromache

JCM

Is MGM even around anymore? I thought it had gone under.

Actually it's completely banal. Like a slap-fight between toddlers.[/QUOTE]You are giving toddlers a bad name. :unibrow:

But deep down you do know I love you. Even Amy.

Andromache

Gusto

Gusto

I added a page for Artist of the Month, under recurring-threads.

strawman

strawman

It's trivially simple - just a link to http://halforums.wikidot.com/username

If it doesn't exist, it'll give the option of creating it. If it does exist, it'll be there. Don't even need to add the dashes between usernames - it adds them, and forwards non-dashed names to the correct dashes pages.

-Adam

Cajungal

Cajungal

So write them yourself.[/QUOTE]

Please don't let bubble write mine.
naw i'm kidding :p

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

...Ok wait, who wrote mine?

Andromache

Gasbandit, by the looks of the history tag.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Ah, I see. Gasbandit and his friend, Mr. Anon.

I suppose there are worse things than being gumbo-like. :rofl: I am amused and delighted.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Please don't let bubble write mine.

:bush:

Bubble181

Bubble181

I suppose there are worse things than being gumbo-like. :rofl: I am amused and delighted.
I haven't touched a single page, other than my own....yet :unibrow:

Gusto

Gusto

I edited yours in what I hope was a humourous way.

Shannow

Shannow

Wikis are insane and fun. The stuff folks put up about themselves and others is freaking hilarious!

Cajungal

Cajungal

I should take a stab at this. I've never done one... I'm all talk about this kind of thing, but really maybe I'll try. (Checking, kev....)

Gusto

Gusto

:)

BTW, I dunno if other themes have it, but can we can a link in the header for the wiki? There doesn't seem to be a convenient link for it other than in the sticky.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I look forward to the day I'm important enough for someone else to edit my user entry.

*hint hint*

EDIT: Woot! Crone loves me. :D

EDIT EDIT: Wait, no, anonymous person loved me first...

JCM

Im putting in some older users under historical, other than Solo/Joe, Major Khaos, Cmorrison and Tiq, is there anyone else I missed?

http://www.halforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=250812&postcount=231[/QUOTE]Yep, thats the Amy I love right there :popcorn:

Chazwozel

Im putting in some older users under historical, other than Solo/Joe, Major Khaos, Cmorrison and Tiq, is there anyone else I missed?

http://www.halforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=250812&postcount=231
Yep, thats the Amy I love right there :popcorn:[/QUOTE]

Ah Major Khaos. The only idiot in existence that thought he could take on the combined forces of JCM and myself. Seriously, that was like trying to take on Superman and Batman working together. I should put that in his article. "When JCM and Chazwozel team up, people get broke."

Crun's another oldbie.

JCM

Holy shit, some people really outdid their profiles, anyone wanting to make their should take a peek at http://halforums.wikidot.com/tinwhistler and see how its done.

Damn, some of the older users/evnets do bring a few memories, I added "the americanization of the UK", the thread responsible for starting political flame wars which led to Mr Poop and Janissary joining, as well as Scott calling in Keatinge.

And does anyone know where the hell Cmorrisson went to? His webcomic is off-air, and I cant find any contact info.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Meh, it was pretty easy to do mine.
I stole most of it from a band bio I'd already written for a one-sheet.

I stole the layout from Ame's.

Plus, I'm a bit bored this morning ;)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Wow... Tin's entry... just damn. :eek:

Andromache

andrah@hotmail.com
AIM: UrusaiWrangler

Tell him Crone/Amy/Motoko says hi.
http://cmorrison.deviantart.com/

Cajungal

Cajungal

Teehee, editing

bhamv3

bhamv3

Is Hypnotron worth a mention, if only for the circumstances that eventually led to him getting banned?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Is Hypnotron worth a mention, if only for the circumstances that eventually led to him getting banned?
Pretty much anything that really existed or happened is worth a page, imo.

JCM

Meh, it was pretty easy to do mine.
I stole most of it from a band bio I'd already written for a one-sheet.

I stole the layout from Ame's.

Plus, I'm a bit bored this morning ;)
I copied the layout, and man, I wish we could have a template like yours for everyone to make theirs

Specially the real life bio bit, it´ll be a good place for new users to get to know who they are talking to.

andrah@hotmail.com
AIM: UrusaiWrangler

Tell him Crone/Amy/Motoko says hi.
http://cmorrison.deviantart.com/
Thanks.

MAn, its a pity he dissapeared.

Andromache

if you care, I dare you to share.

Dave

Dave

[strike]I shamelessly copied Tinwhistler's template. Hope you don't mind, Tin.[/strike]

http://halforums.wikidot.com/dave

Dave

Dave

Credit where it's due, then!

I shamelessly copied Ame's template. Hope you don't mind, Ame.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I cannot imagine writing that much about myself without it becoming a tremendous lie.

Actually, now I'll probably write one up.

Hylian

Hylian

I shamelessly copied several other peoples template but here is mine

http://halforums.wikidot.com/hylian

Andromache

Peer pressure! I succumbed! Sorry Ame et Al for ripping off your excellent styling.

Gusto

Gusto

I also stole Ame's formatting. :)

GasBandit

GasBandit

I cannot imagine writing that much about myself without it becoming a tremendous lie.

Who's going to actually call you on it being a lie?

Fun Size

Fun Size

You're right. Besides, how would you know?

http://halforums.wikidot.com/fun-size

Andromache

Who's going to actually call you on it being a lie?[/QUOTE]

You're right. Besides, how would you know?

http://halforums.wikidot.com/fun-size
[/QUOTE]

omg.... AWESOME

Shannow

Shannow

Who's going to actually call you on it being a lie?[/QUOTE]

I know everything I put is God's honest truth....

...but that is because I am His prophet here on earth.

fade

fade

I mucked around with mine a little while I ate lunch.

http://halforums.wikidot.com/fade

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Seriously Amorous, that template is what all the user pages should be formatted to. It just looks better.

ThatNickGuy

I put some stuff up about myself. Probably sucks. Also added some stuff for NeonGrue, including that he was the one that kicked off the whole Grue meme with his alt and some of the feud between me and him where he took it way too personally.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

M-80/Fazz Munkle, who went batshit after tweeting me 300 times and left the board in a giant paranoid freak-out. Might be worth an entry.

Andromache

M-80/Fazz Munkle, who went batshit after tweeting me 300 times and left the board in a giant paranoid freak-out. Might be worth an entry.
he used to be sane, what did you do to him?

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

he used to be sane, what did you do to him?[/QUOTE]

I honestly have no idea. I just remember one night when I had a brief, tired Twitter conversation with him and then went to bed, but he just kept tweeting me OVER AND OVER. I can't remember if I blocked him after that but I might have. His subsequent "ZenMonkey is after me" goodbye post is still in the Hall of Shame I believe.

Andromache

/clucks her tongue at Zen.

You have telepathic powers. You should have read his mind. I am disappointed in you.

alternatively

wow, that thread was fucked up

Gusto

Gusto

It was absolutely fucked up.

If I recall, Zen made a remark on her twitter account that had nothing to do with the forum, but the forum was in a state of advanced dramaz, so Fazz took it personally and started a fight.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I just tried to read it again. I have an amazing tolerance for long-winded, surreal diatribes, and I still haven't finished the OP on that one.

Andromache

man, am I glad I keep my twitter/other internet life separate.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

I just tried to read it again. I have an amazing tolerance for long-winded, surreal diatribes, and I still haven't finished the OP on that one.
being drunk and or off meds really helps in that respect.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

It was absolutely fucked up.

If I recall, Zen made a remark on her twitter account that had nothing to do with the forum, but the forum was in a state of advanced dramaz, so Fazz took it personally and started a fight.
I think I remember it better now that I've reread his rant. Yeah, I inadvertently started some drama by trying to fix something, so I made one brief comment to FM agreeing that I was taking a break from the forum that day. He started extrapolating like crazy, I was tired as FUCK and didn't want to explain the whole damn thing including his own misapprehensions. Plus it's fucking Twitter, not the place for it. I tried to sign off and go to sleep and he kept taking it personally.

And then I guess his brain ate itself over it.

man, am I glad I keep my twitter/other internet life separate.
I can only deal with one Internet life at a time.

JCM

he used to be sane, what did you do to him?[/QUOTE]

I honestly have no idea. I just remember one night when I had a brief, tired Twitter conversation with him and then went to bed, but he just kept tweeting me OVER AND OVER. I can't remember if I blocked him after that but I might have. His subsequent "ZenMonkey is after me" goodbye post is still in the Hall of Shame I believe.[/QUOTE]Its weird.

He was one of the nicest guys in the image forums, and a good artist too, although he was a little paranoid.

Andromache

i am reading all those locked threads, and wondering what the image was that le quack posted that scared Chazwozel away was and thinking omfg i love these threads and

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

He was one of the nicest guys in the image forums, and a good artist too, although he was a little paranoid.
I don't ever remember having a problem with him before that.

JCM

If anyone remembers anything about Crun, Cmorisson, M80, Major Khaos et al, feel free to add it in.

I aso added in Straub and Larsen... maybe we should have a "former mod"/"mod" tag?
i am reading all those locked threads, and wondering what the image was that le quack posted that scared Chazwozel away was and thinking omfg i love these threads and

YAOMTC

Oh, so that's what happened to him. I was wondering...

Also, wow, this thread actually... worked. Nice. I go away for a week, come back, and... Here it still is, chuggin' along.

ThatNickGuy

I remember Fazz going through some REALLY bad bouts of depression around the time he quit the forums.

Andromache

it seems very out of character for him.

But, aside for my unending hatred for ZenMonkey, I'd trust her take on it more than his, just because he seemed a bit touchy waay back in the day.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

It really is all there in his enormous post (not the "IT'S HER OR ME GOODBYE" one). There were no direct messages or anything secret, so you don't have to take my word for it except that he sent a lot of messages in a short amount of time to a tired and eventually confused person.

I do think, and here there's no record so I might have it wrong, that he also PMed me along with that huge post, and I think I probably PMed him back saying "Don't message me anymore." I might not have been that polite as I wasn't particularly pleased to wake up and find all this crap, and I was a bit unnerved by what seemed like his obsessing over it, especially publicly like that.

Andromache

He was an awesome artist. mayhap someday everyone can just let burning bridges slide like water off their backs when they cross them. Or something. I don't care.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to give the impression I was stewing over it. Just trying to be perfectly clear about what happened in case it goes in the wiki. Seriously.

Not to say I don't think he went batshit, but I hadn't even thought about it since then until this thread came up.

I still have contact with him and only want to say that he is/was as confused about the whole situation is you are.
That's a tad disingenuous (from him, not you) given the crap he wrote about me, but whatever makes him happy.

Andi

Drachenherz

Peer pressure made me do it:

http://halforums.wikidot.com/andi

JCM

Damn Andi, you do look like the medic.

Whoever fleshed out Straub´s page, great job..... BTW, can anyone make a pvp IRC channel page? I was going to do it, but then I cant even remember the name of it.

Andi

Drachenherz

Hehe, I myself was amazed at the similarity. I didn't come to think of it until Denbrought pointed it out. Because I don't play TF2. :)

About this whole Wiki-thing... I actually becoming to like it. Now, I just have to get my teeth in this wiki-formating language, because creating an article with just plain text and the occasional picture is a little bit boring.

There wouldn't be, by any chance, any templates to use for the halwiki-articles to faciliate my learning and also formating?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Hehe, I myself was amazed at the similarity. I didn't come to think of it until Denbrought pointed it out. Because I don't play TF2. :)

About this whole Wiki-thing... I actually becoming to like it. Now, I just have to get my teeth in this wiki-formating language, because creating an article with just plain text and the occasional picture is a little bit boring.

There wouldn't be, by any chance, any templates to use for the halwiki-articles to faciliate my learning and also formating?
Check under the "how to edit pages" option on the menu, and then click on "documentation pages." It gives a pretty good index of the stuff you can do in the wiki. My understanding is we CAN use templates like wikipedia does, but we have to make them ourselves. Or at least copy the template code into a template page to be used.

Andi

Drachenherz

Check under the "how to edit pages" option on the menu, and then click on "documentation pages." It gives a pretty good index of the stuff you can do in the wiki. My understanding is we CAN use templates like wikipedia does, but we have to make them ourselves. Or at least copy the template code into a template page to be used.[/QUOTE]

I'll sink my teeth in the documentation prolly this weekend.

But don't expect much from me, it takes time for me to learn.

JCM

Added pages for, Hello Kitty, LeetNoob, Tiq, Occasional Poster and a few others. I wasnt around the Messiah´s best days, so if anyone can remember anything to add to his wiki...

Added the ZOD IRC channel ban in Zod´s wiki, is that still in the IRC channel until today?

strawman

strawman

Added pages for, Hello Kitty, LeetNoob, Tiq, Occasional Poster and a few others. I wasnt around the Messiah´s best days, so if anyone can remember anything to add to his wiki...

Added the ZOD IRC channel ban in Zod´s wiki, is that still in the IRC channel until today?
Last time I tried the zod thing it was gone. Doesn't mean an in-channel mod won't manually kick you just for the fun of it, but it's no longer automatic.

I had a lot of fun when it was active trying to find ways around it.

-Adam

JCM

Last time I tried the zod thing it was gone. Doesn't mean an in-channel mod won't manually kick you just for the fun of it, but it's no longer automatic.

I had a lot of fun when it was active trying to find ways around it.

-Adam[/QUOTE]Yeah... I remember Amorous having to add countless combinations to the kick list, ala Z-O-D, Z.O.D., Z0D, et al...

Ross

Ross

Added "This thread needs more BRUCE!!!"

http://halforums.wikidot.com/this-thread-needs-more-bruce

strawman

strawman

Computergate was the top talker in IRC for a long time but then he screwed up and is rarely heard from these days. He works as an accountant and managed to get his firm's number one client audited. Needless to say they weren't happy. :p
Ouch!

-Adam

Andromache

was he fired? hard times for a parent

Chazwozel

If you weren't a big moron and wouldn't have me foed, you'd know.

I vomited in my mouth a little seeing this again.

JCM

The ComputerGate situation was kind of ironic, seeing some of the financial claims he´d give in our frequent flame wars.

Now he´s gone the way of Dragoonkain, Janissary, Invader, Major Khaos, et al.... pity, I miss his outbursts whenever someone would post a pic of Bob Dylan mumbling, and he was a valuable user.
If you weren't a big moron and wouldn't have me foed, you'd know.

I vomited in my mouth a little seeing this again.[/QUOTE]Thanks.

Im gonna have nightmares

Shannow

Shannow

Foeing is fun!

YAOMTC

Speaking of past forumgoers, whatever happened to Jake?

Chippy

Chippy

YAOMTC

Speaking of past forumgoers, whatever happened to Jake?
What, you mean the Jake that never left?

http://www.halforums.com/forum/member.php?u=358[/QUOTE]
...oh.

:facepalm:

Andi

Drachenherz

I love how the wiki is slowly but constantly evolving. It's both a good read and good for a laugh.

I guess, most of the user-pages are selfdescription of our users? those fleshed out are mostly hilarious to read.

Hope our Wiki will keep growing and growing. It's a little bit like a meta-forum, dont'cha think?

JCM

It's fun, and apart from a few smartasses who like to edit in derogatory remarks it's being maintained quite well. I've been wanting to look at ways to copy in straight HTML into wikidot to completely rip off Wikipedia but I haven't had the time yet to do so. Heh.

It can also be useful:

Code:
<@noaxark|w> moss, [URL=\"http://www.pvponline.com/\"]http://www.pvponline.com/[/URL]
<@noaxark|w> is that THE tom brazelton?
<@AmorousEyes> yes
<@noaxark|w> what did he do?
<@AmorousEyes> huh?
<@AmorousEyes> do a guest comic
<@noaxark|w> no i mena
<@AmorousEyes> [URL=\"http://www.theaterhopper.com/\"]http://www.theaterhopper.com/[/URL] <- his webcomic
<@noaxark|w> but what's he got to do with dying celebs?
<@AmorousEyes> [URL=\"http://halforums.wikidot.com/damn-you-tom-brazleton\"]http://halforums.wikidot.com/damn-you-tom-brazleton[/URL]
<@moss> well hot damn. the wiki IS useful!
<@moss> another one to archive binge!

Andi

Drachenherz

Added another essential page to the wiki... Damn, I really have to learn the essentials of wiki-editing... Plain text sux... anywhoo... I give you: tits and boobies!!! Yay!

http://halforums.wikidot.com/tits-and-boobies

Shakey

Shakey

That whole Fazz/forum drama time period reminded me of The Sheriff. Someone needs to elaborate, I kinda ducked out during that time so I'm not sure what all went down.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Is... is the entry for myself appropiate? I tried to parody something, but I guess it could be considered offensive or overdone if read in a wrong way...

http://halforums.wikidot.com/silver-jelly

(Man, I hate ruining my own joke, but I prefer this to have a bunch of irate messages from people!)

EDIT: YEah, I know The text isn't spellchecked... YET. I intended to do so this afternoon but some work got in the way!

Dave

Dave

Read The Sheriff's entry again. ;)

Shakey

Shakey

Read The Sheriff's entry again. ;)
My trust in you is forever shattered... :tongue:

Dave

Dave

It was my attempt to try and be an asshole without being an asshole. It didn't work.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Wait, so you are an asshole now? Dammit this forum is confusing sometimes. :confused:

Andromache

Wait, so you are an asshole now? Dammit this forum is confusing sometimes. :confused:
*gets out the scissors*

Bitch I done told you....

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

are you going to be sure to get dave snipped since he just called himself an asshole?

Dave

Dave

I've already been snipped.

Shannow

Shannow

Hahahahahahha

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

It was my attempt to try and be an asshole without being an asshole. It didn't work.
Mainly because we already had a bona fide asshole admin.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Gah! Hoboninja's entry is amazing!!!!

That really shouldn't make me laugh that much!

BTW, who wrote mine? It's like it was data taken from last weeks threads.

strawman

strawman

I... might have contributed... some.... But not all.

-Adam

klew

klew

boo-urns, someone already took my desired screen name

Andi

Drachenherz

I confess, I contributed the palindrome part... :Leyla: