Wimbledon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isner vs. Mahut. You guys should check this out. The game is going over 9 hours now. One dude almost has triple digit aces. I don't know how these fuckers are still standing. This last set has over 100 games played!

Streaming Online - ESPN3

-edit-
Well, this match has been split over 2 days. But still, they've played 6 hours of tennis today. Nuts.

Dave

Staff member
Fifth set tied at 58-58. They had to stop for a bathroom break and may have to be postponed until tomorrow due to darkness.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

They're dong the wave. Seriously?

S

Soliloquy

Yeah, they're totally going to change the rules of tennis after this.

Dave

Staff member
God damn what a good day for sports this has been.

59-58 and Isner looks totally gone even though he's got advantage. If he can break it'll be over.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Isner is 6'9"?

E

Element 117

yeah, mahut has the physical longevity to burn isner down, but damn.

Dave

Staff member
Could this be it? 40-40 going for break!

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Ace #95. Holy fuck.

E

Element 117

excuse me while i eat my words. they are literally trading games like ping pong

E

Element 117

mahut is getting testy and tired, but crowd is brutal. They may do day 3

Dave

Staff member
Even worse, Isner was scheduled to play in the first round of the Wimbledon Men's Doubles today at 7 am ET. I wonder if they had to forfeit or if they are pushing that match back, too.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

Ace #100 for Isner.

Dave

Staff member
So when do you think court #18 has seen this kind of attention?

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Come on, Isner! Break him!

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

98 aces for Mahut now.

E

Element 117

Never. This is a total Centre Court Crowd.
___

I think Isner and Mahut have rigged this thing. The tennis match that never ends

Dave

Staff member
By the way, Drifter. Thanks for pointing this out to us. I probably wouldn't have known about it until it was over.

E

Element 117

Seriously Driftybot. Thanks :)

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Its the battle of the Serves

E

Element 117

I wonder if they are burning through Wimbledon's supply of tennis balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.