Wireless Xbox Controller Fritzing Out Help?

So my Wireless Xbox Controller (that I'm using to play games on my PC) randomly keeps locking up and the lights on it just start blinking randomly. I've replaced the batteries multiple times, I've tried some of the convoluted -fixes- I've found on Google and I'm wondering if anyone here has had this issue and found a way to fix it?

Actually, yeah, for the sake of clarity:

Do you mean that it behaves like this when you're trying to use it with your PC, or that the wireless controller that you also use with your PC acts like that even when you're using it with an Xbox?

So, dumb question. Is it just the lights acting weird, or is it not working?

I have a wired Xbox controller that I use for my PC and I've noticed that the Xbox light will randomly come on and turn off, but it doesn't affect the actual function of the controller.

question withdrawn. I reread your post and it's locking up. Yay for poor reading comprehension.

So, dumb question. Is it just the lights acting weird, or is it not working?

I have a wired Xbox controller that I use for my PC and I've noticed that the Xbox light will randomly come on and turn off, but it doesn't affect the actual function of the controller.
The lights on the controller will just shut start blinking, that causes the controller to lock up, then I can't regain control of the controller until the single light solidifies.