[MMO] WoW: Mists of Pandaria Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Market is finally being tested, and looks like it was exactly what the recent rumors were saying.

Basically, "NPCs" will put up extremely rare items for ridiculous amounts of gold for you to bid on. Every wanted Ashes of Al'ar? Well it has a chance of appearing on the Black Market for a base price of 20k gold. Once players notice it you know the bidding war is going to be extremely epic.

Now I see a good and a bad side to this. On the good side, it will be a great gold sink, one that the game desperately needs. The fact it's an auction means those people with loads of cash can bid eachother up and sooner or later get rid of those massive stockpiles.

One the bad side, I know a lot of people that are going to be pretty angry, considering someone will basically purchase the mount they deemed to have "earned". The whole "I got my ashes killing Kael'thas nearly a thousand times." only for another guy to come up, "I got mine for 50k gold! Who's Kael'thas? LOL"

Personally, I like it. I always wanted more ways for people to get rare items like mounts and pets, and this is a great way to do it while improving the economy.

Anyone can farm Kael'Thas now. Who cares about old rare mounts?

I forgot, it's WoW. The same folk that bawled their fucking eyes out about the archeology tank mount that invalidated the gates of Ahn'Qiraj Sceptre holder mount.

Black Market is the best thing to happen to the WoW Economy in a long time. Let me tell you, it NEEDED it.
I agree, but people are still going to be butt-hurt over it. It will all die-down after awhile though.

What we have seen does not even mean it will be up all the time. They are not going to have daily Ashe of Al'ar on the BMAH, but it will appear randomly for people to have a bid war over. We won't be seeing the whole server riding it like many people seem to be thinking.

The biggest thing that worries me, other then all the whining that the "special snowflakes" will be making, is that this may cause gold seller sales to spike. I hope Blizzard has a plan to curtail that issue before the expansion hits shelves.

It's the same butt-ache they got from people going in and soloing/5-manning content for achieves/mounts/etc. People will bitch, the rest of the playerbase won't care, and WoW life will spin on. I'm glad to see a big gold sink outside Legendary quests come in, I know people who were reaching the cap because they had nothing left to spend on.

Also yeah, MMO-Champ seems to think it'll be rotating/random stuff up, or maybe even none of what they've seen on the beta so far (as in they're placeholders for the time being). Neat to see things like the original 40 Naxx armor sets on there, though.

Also yeah, MMO-Champ seems to think it'll be rotating/random stuff up, or maybe even none of what they've seen on the beta so far (as in they're placeholders for the time being). Neat to see things like the original 40 Naxx armor sets on there, though.
It is going to be a great way to bring back old items that they can't fit into newer content, examples being the Zulian Tiger, Amani Warbear, etc... that were all lost during the revamps.

I expect to see a lot of old favorites showing up just because Blizzard now has a place to do it without trying to stuff them into new, existing content.

I'd love to see the Zulian mounts show up again, I lost the raptor to someone back in Vanilla who quit a week later. Granted I've never been great at gathering gold, though. I can't stand dailies and my server's AH is totally borked thanks to the low population.

I'd love to see the Zulian mounts show up again, I lost the raptor to someone back in Vanilla who quit a week later. Granted I've never been great at gathering gold, though. I can't stand dailies and my server's AH is totally borked thanks to the low population.
With all the cross-realm stuff happening, let's hope we get a cross-realm AH. It would help level everything out I think, due to massive competition.

Yeah, maybe keeping it within the battlegroup or something, or just match one low pop with one high pop, I dunno. When Inferno Rubies can get up to 800g a pop, you know there's a problem..

Daily Quest Cap removal just became official. No more being limited to 25 Daily Quests. They said they have 100s of them in MoP and didn't want to make people feel limited to only doing a few.

Daily Quest Cap removal just became official. No more being limited to 25 Daily Quests. They said they have 100s of them in MoP and didn't want to make people feel limited to only doing a few.
So much for fixing the economy..... then again, DQ farmers already were doing tons of them everyday on all their chars.

So much for fixing the economy..... then again, DQ farmers already were doing tons of them everyday on all their chars.
Yes the point, to me, is moot, since most farmers will just do it on more then one character.

Hell, I do daily quests each day on 6 characters, bare barely stomach it.

Status
Not open for further replies.