[Funny] Wrong Kazakh anthem played at ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17491344

So there was an international sporting competition in Kuwait. As the Kazakh champion received her medal, the Kuwaitis played the Kazakh national anthem. Unfortunately, it was the Borat version. The team was offended, but you'd think being the leading exporter of potassium and having the cleanest prostitutes in the region were good things. :D

She wasn't offended, but team organization was. They did the ceremony over again with the correct anthem. When I read this story, the first thing that went through my head was "is NIIIICE!"

Well, imagine the shitstorm if someone played a parody version of our national anthem in this situation... Hell, it would probably spark WW3

fade

Staff member
Maybe. Then again Making Fun of Americans seems to be a perfectly acceptable international sport these days.

doomdragon6

Staff member
I can't even see how they could mess that up. My best guess is they googled "Kazakh Anthem" and got the obviously more popular thing.

Also, I like the America Fuck Yeah song. I would never be offended by that song. But it's about how awesome we are. The Kazakhstan song is about how terrible they are.

I can't even see how they could mess that up. My best guess is they googled "Kazakh Anthem" and got the obviously more popular thing.

Also, I like the America Fuck Yeah song. I would never be offended by that song. But it's about how awesome we are. The Kazakhstan song is about how terrible they are.
I think you missed the point of "America, Fuck Yeah"

My google-fu hath failed. I was trying to find the "Oh, the Irony" pic with the 70s woman reclining on the giant iron.

So, yeah, imagine I posted that in response to Doomdragon.

S

SeraRelm

My google-fu hath failed. I was trying to find the "Oh, the Irony" pic with the 70s woman reclining on the giant iron.

So, yeah, imagine I posted that in response to Doomdragon.

Born down in a dead man town
The first kick I took was when I hit the ground
You end up like a dog that's been beat too much
Till you spend half your life just covering up

Born in the u.s.a., I was born in the u.s.a.
I was born in the u.s.a., born in the u.s.a.

Got in a little hometown jam
So they put a rifle in my hand
Sent me off to a foreign land
To go and kill the yellow man

Born in the U.S.A...

Come back home to the refinery
Hiring man said son if it was up to me
Went down to see my v.a. man
He said son, don't you understand

I had a brother at Khe Sahn
Fighting off the Viet Cong
They're still there, he's all gone

He had a woman he loved in Saigon
I got a picture of him in her arms now

Down in the shadow of the penitentiary
Out by the gas fires of the refinery
I'm ten years burning down the road
Nowhere to run aint got nowhere to go

Born in the u.s.a., I was born in the u.s.a.
Born in the u.s.a., I'm a long gone daddy in the u.s.a.
Born in the u.s.a., born in the u.s.a.
Born in the u.s.a., I'm a cool rocking daddy in the u.s.a.
Yup, that sure paints a picture of a bright happy picture of the USA and is in no way an indigtment of how it's a decaying country that betrayed it heroes... nope not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.