Export thread

XenForo REQUEST Thread

Dave

Dave

This thread is for what you'd like to see here. Please note that we will be taking all requests seriously but things will be taken very, very slowly.

Baerdog

Baerdog

I would like the text in posts to not be so freaking huge.
I would like to be able to read the information under people's avatars in XFStopFluid.
I would like to be able to go to the first unread post in a thread like on the old boards.
I would like to be able to see how many pages are in a thread without having to mouse over.
I would like to not have my info pane collide with the search bar on the main forum page in GameOn.

I think that's about it for now.

Dave

Dave

:(

Good list. Hmmm. Time to work on some colors.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I would like to be able to go to the first unread post in a thread like on the old boards.
I would like to be able to see how many pages are in a thread without having to mouse over.
I definitely second these two. A "first unread post" link, from outside the thread, is a necessity.

Dave

Dave

Actually, clicking the link should take you to the first unread. I'll have to test this out better, I guess.
Pages in a thread I'll look at.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Clicking the link takes you to the first post in the thread.

Edit: It seems as though the search bar and everything in its row in GameOn collides with whatever is beneath it when the website is viewed at anything less than 1600 pixels wide.

Dave

Dave

The date link or the actual thread? There are two ways of reading a thread from the list.

1. Clicking on the thread subject takes you to the first unread. If the thread has been read it takes you to the first post.
  2. Clicking on the date below the subject line opens it immediately to the first post.

Baerdog

Baerdog

1. No it doesn't. It takes me to the first post.
2. This indeed takes me to the first post as well.

drifter

drifter

Is there a "new posts" link that goes across all forums?

Dave

Dave

There should be. For some reason it's working for me but Ame is confirming that it's not for her, so....

figmentPez

figmentPez

1. No it doesn't. It takes me to the first post.
The forum switchover reset last visit/read times to a week ago or more. Once you read a thread, and then it gets new post, you'll then actually go to new posts. (Unless you've already taken that into account, and are having another problem.)
Added at: 15:05
Hey, Dave, what's the time limit set for on merging new posts? i.e. How long do I have to wait between posts in the Cosplay thread to make sure they come out as separate?

Jay

Jay

I would love to not be able to see "Staff Online" on my right. That puts too much importance to who's got what here. What I'd kindly suggets is to remove it, we never needed it and find perhaps a little mod that allows us to see our friends online. :)

Jay

Jay

Ummm no. I don't have that.

And it seems friends don't even exist anymore. I got a really old list of friends who have been half converted to Followers and Following... did my friend list just change to a Twitter account? lol

:D

Baerdog

Baerdog

Excellent, thank you.
Added at: 15:18
Excellent, thank you.

Jay

Jay

Yeah, I updated the list. I'm interested to see what will happen. Though the ability to either remove or hide the staff option would be fantastic.
Added at: 17:34
In the previous version of these nice new forums was a neat feature that allowed a forum to be automatically considered all read when you double clicked the icon for the forum on the main index. Such an option would be awesome.

Dave

Dave

The only issue with that one is that mods tended to lock threads when they did that. :)

Krisken

Krisken

I wouldn't even blame the mods so much as those of us who were sub-mods. It would be weird to double click in General and then for me in Arts I'd freak out if I accidentally locked one of the threads.

Jay

Jay

The only issue with that one is that mods tended to lock threads when they did that. :)
They locked all threads by double-clicking the forum box? Er...

Jay

Jay

I like that.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I haven't had a chance to test yet, but does the new forum still have a tapatalk plugin? I know myself and someone else (DarkAudit, I think) use this extensively to visit the forum.

Jay

Jay

Jay

Jay

Oh, that's fine.

Another request. Character limitation in posts. In my DM thread, I keep tracks on all the ongoing and I cannot make simple modifications to add or even remove content. Is there something that can do done? It is a big post.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

The ignores are gone. Please, bring them back. Quickly.

Krisken

Krisken

Yes, when there is time, that would be a nice feature to have back. I only had a couple people, but it was definitely worth it.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

It would be very convenient if the "What's New" button were located at the bottom of the forum as well as at the top. This is something I always thought the old board should have, too.

If I'm using what's new to read posts, then when I get to the bottom of the thread, I have to scroll back to the top to hit what's new again.

Biannoshufu

Yes, when there is time, that would be a nice feature to have back. I only had a couple people, but it was definitely worth it.
This x 10000

Jiarn

I just added "What's New" to my address bar....

Dave

Dave

Ignores are something I really, really, really want to have. In fact, not having them was very nearly a deal breaker for not making the move. But with Ame leaving I needed a software platform that I could use & understand. vB just wasn't it. Plus they pissed me off and made it so very hard to work with.

So as soon as Ignores are available they will be coming back. To the sounds of trumpets from on high.

Krisken

Krisken

Glad to hear it Dave. That was certainly my favorite feature of the old board.

Mostly, I like the new forum.

Dave

Dave

Me too. Especially now that I've fixed the What's New button to actually show everything that is new.

MindDetective

MindDetective

The confirmation popup when I want to mark all as read is annoying as hell.
Added at: 08:11
Also, the post box is freaking huge! It is easily half the vertical length of the page right now.

MindDetective

MindDetective

When I click in the WYSIWYG editor to type a post, it expands to a very, very large size.
Added at: 08:29
By the way, I am on Chrome, OSX version.

Dave

Dave

When I click in the WYSIWYG editor to type a post, it expands to a very, very large size.
Added at: 08:29
By the way, I am on Chrome, OSX version.
Anyone else confirm/duplicate this? I do not have the ability to attempt to duplicate as I don't have a Mac.

MindDetective

MindDetective

Ok, it got weirder. When I first click to enter a message, it is a normal size. When I start typing, it adds a row to the height of the message box for each letter I type. It seems to reach a maximum, though, which is still quite large. Sorry, this should probably be in the bugs thread. I only noticed it when I came to bitch about the Mark As Read pop-up.

MindDetective

MindDetective

It is working, it is just annoying. If I had a mouse instead of a touchpad, I might not mind it so much.

MindDetective

MindDetective

Ah, that does help. Thanks!

ncts_dodge_man

ncts_dodge_man

With the changeover and all, this is a very low priority request - be able to preview forum skins before "saving" changes - some of the names aren't immediately known what they look like (I personally like darker themes). I'm using Chrome v8 on Win7.

Dave

Dave

With the changeover and all, this is a very low priority request - be able to preview forum skins before "saving" changes - some of the names aren't immediately known what they look like (I personally like darker themes). I'm using Chrome v8 on Win7.
Interesting request. Let me work on that.

Biannoshufu

trophies? dat shit gotta go. :(

ncts_dodge_man

ncts_dodge_man

Interesting request. Let me work on that.
I did say it's a low priority, but just thought it could be useful to get a "preview" of what the site would look like.

Jay

Jay

Any luck on a good dark theme to use? The ones available are real beta.

Any chance on removing "Staff Online Now"? Seriously, I don't need to see this staring at my face while I'm perusing the Forums. Or maybe put it below the Stats. I care to see who's online, my friends, the shoutbox...

Dave

Dave

Any luck on a good dark theme to use? The ones available are real beta.
Have you gone to the XenForo site I linked to see what's available? If so, link the page and I'll grab it.

Any chance on removing "Staff Online Now"? Seriously, I don't need to see this staring at my face while I'm perusing the Forums.
Not sure right now if it's all or nothing. I personally have no stake in it, but it is nice for people to be able to give a quick glance to see if a report would/should be answered fast or if there's someone on to ask questions of.

If popular opinion says get rid of it I will.

Jay

Jay

- Where's the link?

- Or maybe find a way and put it below the Stats. I care to see who's online, my friends, the shoutbox... with all due respect, I don't want to see the Staff avatar/title details in my face.

- When you press home, it literally goes HOME... http://www.halforums.com/wpxf ... I'd like it to be changed to https://www.halforums.com/... why? In 3/4 of the Dark Skin I'm using all links back to the forums disappear the moment you hit private areas of your profile or your "conversations". I press home, then have to press Forums. It's highly inefficient. Overall, this has a lot with what we have to work with concerning dark skins. Try XenForce and see what I'm talking about. The other one is too freakin' ugly and RED.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

I am now unable to necro threads. I would greatly appreciate if we could remedy this.

Dave

Dave

I am now unable to necro threads. I would greatly appreciate if we could remedy this.
Sorry about that, dude. I had to blow away a lot of permissions that were screwing up the works. I'll get you fixed.

Krisken

Krisken

It is the Bob Barker way.

Dave

Dave

And he should be fixed. Right? RIGHT?!?
Added at: 23:15
- Where's the link?
http://xenforo.com/community/forums/styles/

Jay

Jay

The share link to the top left... can it be elsewhere? It tends to open automatically during mouseovers and the Jay no like.

:)

Dave

Dave

The share link to the top left... can it be elsewhere? It tends to open automatically during mouseovers and the Jay no like.

:)
In threads or elsewhere? I was planning on making it appear only in threads but just haven't yet.

Where do you think would be a better place?

strawman

strawman

In threads or elsewhere? I was planning on making it appear only in threads but just haven't yet.

Where do you think would be a better place?
Right under the "Reply to thread" button on the top of the page.

Jay

Jay

It would be ideal if it were at the bottom of the page as it temps to mouseover over the first poster, the page selection and part of posts. (on my work browser, it even stays open and I have no idea why)

Dave

Dave

At the bottom of the page it might be too out of sight. I like Stien's view better. Now I just have to figure out how. :D

fade

fade

My fade forum is gone? Do I offend?

Dave

Dave

My fade forum is gone? Do I offend?
It's still there. But you hadn't updated anything in months and months. I can put it back if there will be movement.

fade

fade

Yeah, I know. I'm ashamed of that. Been really busy on the homefront, unfortunately. Fade gets pushed to the bottom of the heap. Thanks *sniff* for reminding me of my secret shame.

Dave

Dave

You let me know at any time and I'll put it back up. Hell, I can put it up now if it'll light a fire under your ass. :D
Added at: 09:53
See? Just that easy!

Baerdog

Baerdog

Would it be possible to remove the "Add to Favorites" button at the top of the page? It's kind of superfluous and I keep accidentally clicking it when I go to Watched Threads.

Dave

Dave

Which style are you using. And could you screen cap it for me?

Baerdog

Baerdog

I'm using XFStopFluid in Firefox 3.6.13.

strawman

strawman

Dibs on your 30" monitor!

Baerdog

Baerdog

Do you view everything enlarged for a reason, Baer? The fonts 'n shit are f'ing huge!
I have no idea why it does that! It looks fine in IE on this PC and in FF on my laptop but when I try to Ctrl- it makes everything else on the forum to be illegibly small.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Ctrl+0 seems to have made things look more normal. Thanks Ame.

Baerdog

Baerdog

I also just noticed the "Add to Favorites" link has been nuked. Thank you again!

Dave

Dave

I nuked the Add to Favorites. :p

Baerdog

Baerdog

It's not all about you, Dave.

Jay

Jay

Being able to edit your topic's name after it has been created.

Krisken

Krisken

^^^

Indeed, this.

Dave

Dave

I'd love to give you that ability. Alas, it is not to be in this iteration. There is some talk about it at Xenforo.com so I assume it'll either be coming or an addon will be made.

Jay

Jay

Can an admin/ mod change it or is it hard-coded for fail? :)

Dave

Dave

Admin/Mod can change it.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Is there a list of Admin/Mods somewhere? There used to be, but I can't seem to find one now.

Dave

Dave

Admin - Dave

Mods - Gusto, Espy, North_Ranger & CajunGal.

Jay

Jay

When we configure our signatures we're allowed to resize them accordingly for the forums. Usually for normal image posts you the forums tends to resize them automatically. However for signatures it doesn't work very well.

Is this working as intended? I like my mexican creepy signor signature.

Dave

Dave

There are still known issues with signatures. In fact, a lot of boards have them turned off. As long as people don't abuse it I'm leaving them on.

Jay

Jay

I'd gladly accept a 50% reduction to my gif if any of you sexy photogods can create me one.

strawman

strawman

You may be able to accomplish your deepest desires easily and quickly here:

http://www.online-image-editor.com/

It does animated gifs as well.

Jay

Jay

Awesomesauce!

Here, here is your reward for completing my quest.

figmentPez

figmentPez

When are we going to get the ability to embed Blip.tv videos?

figmentPez

figmentPez

Oh well, thanks for the explanation AmE.

Dave

Dave

There are several new ways of embedding coming in XF 1.1.

Dave

Dave

It's made for Admins and explains how to embed videos from any source. So theoretically, once 1.1 comes out I'll be able to embed from anywhere.

Dave

Dave

"Any" source? I remain skeptical cuz that would be a very hard thing to do. Or at least not easily and would require a lot of handwork per each individual site you want to embed from. I guess that's why the video is 14 minutes long?

The most important thing is: How easy will it be for users to embed stuff? Anything beyond a simple URL copy/paste has proven to be too much of a hassle for most people.
That depends on how we want it set up.

Dave

Dave

Basically what it says is that there are three ways to do videos.

1. Prints links as links and only embeds when you use the Media BB Code thing above.
  2. Auto embeds when a link is pasted in a thread. So if someone posted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_wl7CD5B7Q& it wouldn't show a link it would show the actual embedded video.
  3. Auto embeds and includes a link underneath.

Dave

Dave

The quick answer is yes.
Added at: 11:08
Here's the examples he uses:

Video Embed Examples.png

If you look at the way they embed, Blip.tv should be able to be done.

Jay

Jay

I'd somewhat like it if we were able to check this link :

https://www.halforums.com/online/

But only see registered forum members and not the 100 lurkers we have on this board at all times.

(we should try to get them to register)

----------

Also, I'd like it if when I check for members it'll automatically sort them by most posts (even though that number is BS). So that I can check regular forum members first instead of scrolling through pages of inactive posters.

strawman

strawman

We need a "music" thread topic/prefix in the media madness section.

Dave

Dave

We need a "music" thread topic/prefix in the media madness section.
Done.