xkcd General Purpose Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soliloquy

Is this your attempt to keep XKCD out of your appreciation Jamboree?

What? This is my attempt to give xkcd fans a place to talk about a webcomic they enjoy. Like with the Girl Genius thread.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

And if that place just so happens to not be the appreciation jamboree, so be it. I mean, I appreciate oots and I wanted to make a separate thread for it. So it's not like I just want to keep out webcomics I don't like.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

But yeah, totally. I made this because I don't want to see xkcd in my thread.

S

Soliloquy

Okay, this is just kind of sad.

This comic came up today:

Knowing the fanbase's love for copying the comic, I checked facebook. There's already 3 facebook groups by that name.

ugggh...

I think that type of thing would happen with just about any comic/book/movie/tv show just becuase some fans think they are being clever.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Weird. Thought I posted to this thread last night saying that the comic was quite funny.

S

Soliloquy

alt text: Great, LO-M. Do you speak Bocce? I'm supposed to find one that speaks Bocce.

I couldn't stop cracking up after this one. I don't know why.

S

Soliloquy

Yeah, a lot of people at the XKCD forums didn't like this one either. I think it's because, aside from the whole deity thing in Return of the Jedi, there isn't really anything to get. It's just a bizarre juxtaposition God's long-winded introduction for himself at the burning bush, and C3P0's long-winded introduction for himself in A New Hope.

And thinking of the booming voice of the LORD being substituted for Anthony Daniel's voice in the second panel made it all the better.

as for the alt text, LO-M is a pun of Elohim

S

Soliloquy

All right, as something of a lit geek, I find this one hilarious.

The Tell-Tale Beat

Alt Text: You fancy me mad. Could a madman have outsmarted the greatest electronica/techno artists of our era? Next to fall will be Roderick Usher's house/trance band.

S

Soliloquy

I check it as a force of habit. It's not my favorite comic, but it gets a hearty laugh out of me every now and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.