You sunk my ticket sales!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Hollywood ran out of 80s TV shows to destroy and now they are going after the next best thing; board games. That's right I give you Battleship - the Movie.

Rihanna will make her feature film debut in Universal's "Battleship" alongside Alexander Skarsgard and Taylor Kitsch. [..] a May 25, 2012, release date for "Battleship," which takes place across the seas, over the skies and land in a battle for planet survival against a superior force. Kitsch, who also works with Berg in the NBC series "Friday Night Lights," stars as a naval officer who leads the fight. Skarsgard will play his brother.

Rihanna to star in Universal's 'Battleship' - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety

Monopoly COULD work as a movie, but only if they make it a comedy like they made Clue. Basically, it needs to be a parody of every rags to riches story ever told... maybe set it in the 80's, so you can really play up the evil, 80's businessman stereotype. Throw in a plot about Mr. Moneybags having to choose between love and money, but subvert it in the end by having him actually choose his huge piles of cash. Boom, instant classic.

I don't see how you could do a Candyland movie without making it to saccharinely sweet as to put off all but the youngest audiences.

Every time I think of a Monopoly game I'm reminded of the scene from Ace Ventura 2.

"You must be the Monopoly guy!"

Status
Not open for further replies.