YOUR GOALS FOR THE DAY/WEEK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cajungal

Staff member
Today my goal is to keep all the kids in line during math. We're still doing mandated reviews of 1st grade material... it's not so good for keeping them interested. Yesterday was better. I think I can keep them interested today as well, although they're starting to think I'm a very strange lady.

My goal for this whole week is to get the first part of my thematic unit finished so I don't have to cram it all into one evening before the cohort meeting.

How about y'all? Give me some interesting things to read today after school. ;)

Draw the foregrounds for my two paintings-in-progress.

Start on my first handful of assignments.

Get rich in lieu of die trying.

Finish a first draft of my second paper of the summer by Friday. Attend to regular class duties, including grading and e-mailing students. Obsess over the lack of new job listings since yesterday.

I made a list of my goals for the day and stuck it on the border of my computer screen. Nice, except because I did it yesterday and I still have to do all of them >_>

So I guess my goals for today are to do finish accomplish yesterday's goals?

The week goals are simple (not including yesterday's): finish one paper I hate and get my master's thesis to a nice point.

Todays Goals:

Not started. In Progress. Finished

-clean living room
-clean kitchen
-laundry
-get to gym
-get a full piece swim suit - what? Swim suits are out of season? 70.00 for a new one?!!! No way!

-Get my loan paperwork finished up. Hopefully I'll be buying my house soon.
-Figure out when I want to take a few days of vacation. Work is beginning to wear me down. I need some time away.

L

LordRavage

Try to not get blood on my new shoes.

And finish my new story before Thursday. :D

Cajungal

Staff member
Todays Goals:

Not started. In Progress. Finished

-clean living room
-clean kitchen
-laundry
-get to gym
-get a full piece swim suit
That is so well-organized! Lilsin gets a gold star! ^_^

Hope all of you have been productive today. :) As for me:

Goal 1 achieved. Math was splendid today. Best math day ever.
Goal 2 almost achieved. I plan to be finished by Friday afternoon. :D

Draw the foregrounds for my two paintings-in-progress.

Start on my first handful of assignments.

Get rich in lieu of die trying.
ADDENDUM: Come up with a usable design for 2 more characters. Even if I don't have an idea yet, 5 characters seems like a good place to start. :p

North_Ranger

Staff member
This week's goals:
- Find a present for my cousin's four-year-old son for his birthday.
- Visit said four-year-old.
- Write a thank-you letter to the person who got me the substituting gig.
- Prepare exams for 3rd and 4th grades.
- Get some paper work done.
- Meet my girlfriend (she's busy with school and I'm working so we have quite the conflicting schedules).
- Buy two books.

P

Philosopher B.

This week's goals: Show up for all my classes, watch more Peep Show than is humanly healthy, and wish I was a drinking man.

C

crono1224

Today (Wednesday), get letter of whatever from my doctor for the Military doctors, and turn it in to my recruiter.

This week, get better at SC2, keep working out doing 2-3 more yoga sessions and maybe some tae bo/running. As well I guess not be aloof at work.

W

Wasabi Poptart

Tomorrow's goal is to take it easy. I have been running around like a maniac since Sunday.

Cajungal

Staff member
:thumbsup: Hope ya do.

Okay, new goal. I've been depressed about one thing since student teaching started: my dreams aren't fun anymore. I dream about teaching... and I'm not even part lizard or in a dimension where we're all telekinetic either. It's just me handing out math tests or something.

I used to write in a journal every night before bed, then I fell out of it. I'm going to try and do 15 minutes of free writing every night to try and get my mind away from teaching right before bed. Maybe that will help. I miss my cool dreams so much. I feel like I've lost a big part of myself. :'(

It's just me handing out math tests or something.
Better than mine have been recently, apart from last night.

My dreams tend to be pretty meta. Recently they've all been of me, in bed, trying desperately to get to sleep. There's no point at which I can say "Oh well this is clearly a dream" because AS FAR AS I KNOW, I really am in bed trying to get to sleep.

I wake up feeling like I should be exhausted after tossing and turning for hours, having only slept for something like the past hour to facilitate my waking up. But in reality, I've been sleeping for hours.

I've been rocking the class prep today. I thought I was way behind but it turns out I'm on top of things. Had to sacrifice some research time, though. Hopefully I'm not set back too far.

Wife went out of town with our daughter for a school reunion. I couldn't get the week off, so I has a honeydew list:

[STRIKE]Clear the jungle[/STRIKE] - *ahem* mow the back yard.
Remove a [STRIKE]tree[/STRIKE] VERY high weed growing in same. Damned thing is a kudzu magnet
Clean out car
Clean up house
Print off a selection of photos of Rhiannon
Square away bottles (file under clean up house)

I get the feeling that I'm forgetting something, tho...

M

makare

My goal for today is to nap. Today is my easy day.

My next few goals are laundry and dishes to be done by friday when my mom gets here. We are going to go to Omaha shopping. So that should be fun. ^_^

My weekly goal is to make it through it without any serious injuries.

Since the day is almost over, my goal for tomorrow is to actually get my own work done, rather then continually be doing other peoples jobs.

W

Wasabi Poptart

It's been simple to reach my goal of taking it easy for today. It's been raining off and on, plus my daughter has a touch of the cold my son had this weekend. I'm ordering pizza for our lunch.

D

Disconnected

Wife went out of town with our daughter for a school reunion. I couldn't get the week off, so I has a honeydew list:

Remove a [STRIKE]tree[/STRIKE] VERY high weed growing in same. Damned thing is a kudzu magnet
Clean out car
Clean up house
make pies

FTFY
;)

My goal is to see a double rainbow.

Clean out car
Clean up house
make pies

FTFY
;)

My goal is to see a double rainbow.[/QUOTE]

What does it mean?

Cajungal

Staff member

Oh... OH. For a minute I thought you were referring to something else. :whistling:

Gusto, that's a weird-ass dream. That would drive me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.