Export thread

Your state has yet another stereotype

GasBandit

GasBandit

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Why can't Ohio's stereotype ever be "Our rivers catch fire!"?

Emrys

Emrys

Florida needs to include "snowbirds".

evilmike

evilmike

Florida needs to include "snowbirds".
Aren't most "snowbirds" also "old peeps"?

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Haha so true I say yes sir and yes ma'am to people I don't know lol

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

*looks for NJ*

goddammit....

Wasabi Poptart

Fucking Snooki. Grr. :mad:

Emrys

Emrys

Aren't most "snowbirds" also "old peeps"?
Most but not all.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

A good portion of snowbirds come to the SAV, too. It's disconcerting when you see 5 cars in a row with Ontario or Quebec license plates...

Krisken

Krisken

New stereotype same as the old stereotype. Ah well.

Tress

Tress

Whoo! Life of the party!

*chugs beer*

Baerdog

Baerdog

Is it really a stereotype if it's true? Because AZ's is totally true.

Dei

Dei

Now come on, that giant SNOW over Colorado should totally only be over the Rockies.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Is it really a stereotype if it's true?
Yes, stereotypes can be true. At least, to the degree that any simplified model can be.

Baerdog

Baerdog

I'd always thought of a stereotype as a statement with a grain of truth that's been blown way out of proportion. If the statement isn't blown out of proportion its just...truth.

Mathias

Mathias

I don't get the PA one. Cheesesteaks reign only in the Philadelphia region. The rest of PA is Redneck-Bumblefuckville, USA They don't do cheesesteaks in Pittsburgh for example.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

It's one of those "how other states see it" things; nothing to do with accurate representation.

That said, having never lived there, I associated PA with the Amish, not cheese steaks.

Covar

Covar

Fashion Bloggers?

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Fashion Bloggers?
That makes no sense

Baerdog

Baerdog

I don't get the PA one. Cheesesteaks reign only in the Philadelphia region. The rest of PA is Redneck-Bumblefuckville, USA They don't do cheesesteaks in Pittsburgh for example.
That's why its a dang stereotype.

linglingface

linglingface

My fav fashion bloggers live in Texas and I think one of the Carolinas... But i can't say I've ever said to myself "man those Carolina peeps sure know how to dress AND BLOG!!" what a random stereotype...

Cajungal

Cajungal

There are a lot of fat people here... although I've seen a whole lot of fat people elsewhere, too.

figmentPez

figmentPez

There are a lot of fat people here... although I've seen a whole lot of fat people elsewhere, too.
Mississippi is the fattest state for 5th straight year. Alabama is #2, Tennessee is #3 and and Louisiana is #5. This being based on percent of the population that is obese, as recorded in the CDC's data. Which is odd, I thought all these "fattest city/state" articles were based on less objective standards, like the ratio of public parks to donut shops.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Mississippi is the fattest state for 5th straight year. Alabama is #2, Tennessee is #3 and and Louisiana is #5. This being based on percent of the population that is obese, as recorded in the CDC's data. Which is odd, I thought all these "fattest city/state" articles were based on less objective standards, like the ratio of public parts to donut shops.
NJ is in the top 10 slimmest? I guess those jersey shore body-building freaks are actually good for something.