Export thread

You're annoying facebook friends.

Chazwozel

Post here your biggest pet peeves about your facebook friends.

My number one annoyance are the friends who post that they're "at the gym" on a daily basis, and magically stay fat.

Close second are the people that post twitter-like bullshit on facebook every 15 minutes.

Third is probably that person that posts every single picture they've ever taken (album of 600+ pictures) on their page.

Calleja

Calleja

....did you mean YOUR, chazy?

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Maybe he thinks all of us are annoying facebook friends :(

Chazwozel

Yeah shut up I'm running on four hours of sleep.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I do believe he did, Mex. Unless he's trying to say that we annoying our facebook friends.

A few pet peeves of mine:
-The people who keep tagging you in every TL;DR post about their life so that you are ensured to at least look at it.
-The friends who have that need to "like" EVERY fucking thing you post. Seriously, I have one friend like that and she's fucking annoying.
-Applications. Just...applications in general. I don't give a shit which Homestar Runner character you are.

makare

My facebook friends don't really do anything annoying. If I had to pick something netspeak pisses me off.. u this, u that. It is annoying. Oh and people who make political comments and get pissed off when people with contrary views respond.

Chazwozel

My facebook friends don't really do anything annoying. If I had to pick something netspeak pisses me off.. u this, u that. It is annoying. Oh and people who make political comments and get pissed off when people with contrary views respond.

Here are posts from one of my friends from undergrad. She's a medical doctor. These are from the last month.

who would name their kid Sapien? seriously, r u tryin to insult my intelligence or somthing??? ....I had assumed that SAPIEN was his "DEFAULT" setting...loool..not his freakn NAME!!!!!!!!!!! what was his parents really thinking ????>>>>"""Com here little Sapien, u already look like an alien so lets make them think u...r human for once"" :) I think Hell is anxiously waitin for me :)

"he has been sittin in bed for 2 weeks without a shower for god's sake, and u ask why he is itchin? stop freakn prescribin Benadryl like it is M&M !!!!!what is next ? an EPI pen????!!!!! " lol... Dr. ----------- ending her dictation :)

cause life is 10% what u got....and 90%ur attitude bout it .....so let it shine ;) !!! it usually takes ppl about a century to find out what they got and then another century to develop som attitude bout it ...and they never get a chance to let it shine hahha....okkkkkkkkkk off to another lovely nite at work !

makare

Gah. At least the people on my facebook that talk like that are not even in college. That is some sad stuff right there.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I have intentionally kept around annoying people from my rural TN college for the lol's.

Chazwozel

Gah. At least the people on my facebook that talk like that are not even in college. That is some sad stuff right there.

Now, she's not a student anymore. She's a full fledged, practicing M.D..

Ross

Ross

I hate people posting "happy birthday" on all of their friends' walls, especially if that's the only communication they ever have with that person.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

http://failbooking.com/

I'll just kinda leave this link here. :)

makare

Oh I thought of one that really pisses me off. People who post very serious news on facebook before telling people. I found out one of my good friend's mom had cancer and that my infant cousin died of sids from Facebook posts. That is just stupid.

Chazwozel

One girl on my friends list is my best friend's sister. I knew her growing up, which is the only reason why I have her as a friend to begin with. She's got four kids with a fifth on the way and all she does is bitch about how hard her life is. STOP FUCKING HAVING KIDS LIKE IT'S 1699!

Dave

Dave

I hate that my wife farms on my account and posts every fucking Farmville thing she can so her other accounts can get the little prizes that these posts give. She basically spamposts using my name and I hate it. I no longer do anything on FB except Mafia Wars and Bejeweled simply because looking at my own profile wall makes me want to jab a nail through my coccyx.

LordRavage

I am just tried of the whole social aspect of FaceBook. I like getting together with people to be social and have a few drinks in real life. I think people treat it as being social when in fact, they are just posting their lives and care little on what is going on in other people's lives. If they want to post about their lives, get a blog.

(Yes. I have a blog and I do post my nonsense there.)

Shakey

Shakey

I hate when people post pictures of you drunk from 10 years ago in college.

Facebook is pretty much just a way for people to get a hold of me if they have to. I never look at it unless I get some kind of alert that someone sent me a message or wants to be my friend.

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

I hate, hate, ragehate people who post "Feeling sad" and "Why is life hard?" and "Took a chance and failed :(" just so that others will go "Awww what's wrong?" and they can reply "Oh nothin'..." and you get to watch this bullshit drama unfold EVERY GODDAMN DAY.

...I deleted my sister, cousin, aunt and several acquaintances because of this shit.

Also applications.

However, like Charlie, there are a few Facebook Friends I keep around because of just how hilarious their stupid shit is. There's an old coworker on there who is trying to become a mermaid. She is 23.

Calleja

Calleja

....what are the necessary steps to become a mermaid?

General Specific

General Specific

I hate, hate, ragehate people who post "Feeling sad" and "Why is life hard?" and "Took a chance and failed :(" just so that others will go "Awww what's wrong?" and they can reply "Oh nothin'..." and you get to watch this bullshit drama unfold EVERY GODDAMN DAY.
This makes me sad :(

Calleja

Calleja

This makes me sad :([/QUOTE]

Aw, are you ok?

makare

Damn it my facebook friends aren't dramatic at all :( I demand more drama!

Wasabi Poptart

My high school reunion was coming up, so I added a bunch of people that I went to school with and haven't seen since graduation. One is a woman I had been best friends with from middle school until senior year. She is living in 1989 which is both sad and annoying.
I also hate how many people send me friend requests because we went to school together and then don't say a word to me once I accept the friend request. I remove people if they haven't said anything to me in more than 2 months.

Jay

Jay

My pet peeves on Facebook are:

1. You hate Mondays. You remind me every week. I get it. This is annoying, I always mouse over the ignore person and don’t quite get there yet. (at least I can ignore Farmville and shit like that, you can’t ignore idiots)
  2. You hate work. You remind me every few days. Quit or change job, honestly, I don’t give a fuck.
  3. Facebook isn’t twitter. Say something interesting. 8 facebook statuses every day is stupid. These people got quickly removed, less of issue now.

My last 3 facebook statuses:
1) renamed my iPod as 'the titantic' so when I plug it in it's says 'the titantic is syncing.' Awesome

2) today will kick ass. 1) Shop for new HDTV 2) Ruben's Smoke meat 3) Bon Jovi concert!

3) Scroll to the bottom of your Facebook page. 2) On the bottom left corner, click English: US. 3) When the language selection appears, click English: Pirate. 4) Watch what happens.

LordRavage

Damn it my facebook friends aren't dramatic at all :( I demand more drama!
Im suprised they dont have an app for that. :)

General Specific

General Specific

This makes me sad :([/QUOTE]

Aw, are you ok?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's nuthin'

Cajungal

Cajungal

There's a friend of my mom's who friended me, and she comments on all my sort of sarcastic, smartassy posts that are in no way serious... just silly little blurbs I leave. She responds to them as if I'm being serious and then follows that with about 8 LOL!!11!!!!!!'s. It's annoying.

I also hate it when people post that "93% of people are too ashamed to post that they love Jesus" crap.

Wasabi Poptart

I also hate it when people post that "93% of people are too ashamed to post that they love Jesus" crap.
The friend I was talking about in my post puts all those things in her status on FB, too! "Post this if you love your mom", "Post this if you want to end cancer", "93% of people won't post this because they're ashamed they have hemorrhoids". AHHHHHH!!!

Cajungal

Cajungal

The friend I was talking about in my post puts all those things in her status on FB, too! "Post this if you love your mom", "Post this if you want to end cancer", "93% of people won't post this because they're ashamed they have hemorrhoids". AHHHHHH!!![/QUOTE]

The one exception was that joke one that went around: "93% of people won't post this because they're afraid of dragons. Someone has to solve the dragon problem!" or something funny like that.

Wasabi Poptart

The friend I was talking about in my post puts all those things in her status on FB, too! "Post this if you love your mom", "Post this if you want to end cancer", "93% of people won't post this because they're ashamed they have hemorrhoids". AHHHHHH!!![/QUOTE]

The one exception was that joke one that went around: "93% of people won't post this because they're afraid of dragons. Someone has to solve the dragon problem!" or something funny like that.[/QUOTE]
Heh. I put that one on my status.

General Specific

General Specific

"Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup."

:D

Cajungal

Cajungal

I thought of another one! about 95% of my friends are staunch conservative Catholics, so a lot of what's on my wall are Novena group invites, complaints about Obama, and "I bet this __insert random object___ can get more fans than Obama" stuff. OH and Palin in 2012 posts. Brrrr.

Gusto

Gusto

I'm annoyed by stuff that happens OFF Facebook BECAUSE of Facebook.

The other day my girlfriend posted to my wall to ask me if I wanted to do something. A couple hours later, my mom saw this and sent me an email asking me if I got that message and scolded me for ignoring my girlfriend.

I responded with something along the lines of "I texted her back to make plans privately because I don't want everyone reading our conversation. Thanks for proving my point. Stop stalking me."

Goddamnit I have only a shadow of a presence on Facebook and it's mostly because I can't stand my mom commenting on every fucking thing. ESPECIALLY WHEN SHE DOES IT IN REAL LIFE. UGH.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

There was another one that was going around: "93% of people out there are affected everyday by someone who needs a punch in the face. If you or someone you know are affected by someone who needs a punch to the face, please post this in your status. Needing a punch in the face can be a lifelong disease, causing heartbreak for thousands." Considering it was posted by one of my superiors in the department, needless to say, LOLs were had.

Cajungal

Cajungal

^Wow... that. That too... and people using facebook comments as weight in gossip conversations and the like. That's pretty annoying. (Gusto's thing, not Charon's thing)

General Specific

General Specific

Gusto, I DON'T have a Facebook page simply because my mom would be doing all of that stuff, too. ;)

Piotyr

Piotyr

The most annoying things to me in Facebook are as follows:

- Groups like "Let's get 1000000 people in this group for no reason" or "Join this group to win an IPod!"
- They've found a way to implement chain letters through facebook statuses "If you agree with this post as your status"
- People posting every damned Farmville/Mafia Wars/etc update. Fortunately, you can turn this off completely.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Mind just scolds me when I cuss. All in all, she's pretty cool about it and doesn't like when people "facebook stalk" each other either. And she thinks you guys who post on my wall are funny.

Gusto

Gusto

There was another one that was going around: "93% of people out there are affected everyday by someone who needs a punch in the face. If you or someone you know are affected by someone who needs a punch to the face, please post this in your status. Needing a punch in the face can be a lifelong disease, causing heartbreak for thousands." Considering it was posted by one of my superiors in the department, needless to say, LOLs were had.
I actually posted something similar to this a couple weeks back tat was like "80% of people out there will be or know someone who will be eaten by dragons." and I think my mom commented on it being "more of that dungeons n dragons bullshit."

:p

My girlfriend and my mom are on Facebook so often that my mom knows more about what's going on with her than I do.

FML.

Wasabi Poptart

My mom's on FB. She only comments if I say something's wrong with the kids or if I post pictures. It's kind of nice to have that in addition to the phone since we're so far away.

Rob King

Rob King

The one exception was that joke one that went around: \"93% of people won't post this because they're afraid of dragons. Someone has to solve the dragon problem!\" or something funny like that.
I liked that one.

I get annoyed when people do like ten notes a day that are just quizzes ... and then they answer all of the questions coyly, or vaguely. First, it bugs me because nobody cares about you enough to read five getting to know you quizzes a day. Second, it bugs me because you don't put anything into it.

The exception was the 25 random things about me one that was floating around. I loved that one.

I've blocked the people who post so much drama on their facebook statuses. "why r u givin me so much shit godd if you spent half the time on ur life that u spend hatin me ud be happy" got to be too much. Every day was another message to the people 'hatin' on her, or about even though 'it' was difficult, she'd make it through.

I never cared enough to ask what 'it' was.

Then there's a girl who posts nothing but depressing crap. She's got some sort of illness, so I feel like she's allowed to be that bummed out, but can you please stop flooding my facebook with how difficult your life is? I care less about you now, after five posts a day about it, than I did when I didn't even realize you were sick.

And then, there's that time that I found out my dad was dating someone because of a Facebook relationship status change. But that's just because he doesn't like to keep me in the loop.

That said, I'm often afraid that I'm an annoying facebook person. I do update my status anywhere from two to six times a day, but that's because it's linked to my twitter account. And I like to think that my updates have more substance or entertainment value than your average update, but I guess that's for someone else to judge.

And notes. I post a decent number of notes, but again, that's just because it pulls posts off of my blog's RSS feed.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Fuck apps, and fuck annoying people. That said, I status update with some dumb shit movie quote, Achewood Reference or other inside joke once or twice a day. I bet people love to hide my ass :)

Dei

Dei

My mom's on FB. She only comments if I say something's wrong with the kids or if I post pictures. It's kind of nice to have that in addition to the phone since we're so far away.
My mom basically only joined FB because it's just easier for me to upload pics amd videos there of the kids instead of mass emailing everyone in my family with them. (And my grandmother is a facebook addict, I swear to god she is on there 50% or more of the day, and if I don't post on Facebook for like, 2 days, she's leaving messages on my wall asking if I'm ok.)

phil

phil

I hate people posting "happy birthday" on all of their friends' walls, especially if that's the only communication they ever have with that person.
I JUST DID THAT TODAY!

Well, kinda. I talked to the guy like 3 days ago.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

If someone keeps bugging me on facebook I'll just ignore their posts. I had to block like two people, one of which is my friend's little brother because he just posts the most annoying updates and his like 500 little **** friends all comment on it.

I'm thinking about hiding another friend because she has her twitter tied into her FB status, but she never updates her status, only her twitter. And she's one of those serious twitter users so EVERYTHING she tweets is either a RT or has 5 usernames in it. "About to see a movie with @myboss and @coworkeri'mnetworkingwith RT@moviecritic this movie is soooooo goooooooood or something!" every fuckin' time.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

It's annoying to no end when people have over 500 + 'friends'. There is no way anyone makes that many friends in their lifetime, I don't care who you are. Furthermore, when people add me as a friend solely because we've talked maybe once or twice, you are NOT my friend, buddy.

General Specific

General Specific

He's not your guy, friend!

ElJuski

ElJuski

It's annoying to no end when people have over 500 + 'friends'. There is no way anyone makes that many friends in their lifetime, I don't care who you are. Furthermore, when people add me as a friend solely because we've talked maybe once or twice, you are NOT my friend, buddy.
I have 700, fuckhead. Though most of them are cultural acquaintances and people I go out with. The relativity of 'friendship' in there is scalable; and I do constantly prune.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

I have 700, fuckhead. Though most of them are cultural acquaintances and people I go out with. The relativity of 'friendship' in there is scalable; and I do constantly prune.[/QUOTE]

I know people IRL who have very large lists, and I've witnessed myself that the interaction between them and their 'friends' is minimal at best. Having so many 'friends' while barely keeping in contact reeks of insincerity; that's the primary reason for my displeasure.

meyoumeyou

I refuse facebook.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I have 700, fuckhead. Though most of them are cultural acquaintances and people I go out with. The relativity of 'friendship' in there is scalable; and I do constantly prune.[/QUOTE]

I know people IRL who have very large lists, and I've witnessed myself that the interaction between them and their 'friends' is minimal at best. Having so many 'friends' while barely keeping in contact reeks of insincerity; that's the primary reason for my displeasure.[/QUOTE]

You hit a nerve of Juski's insecurity. More people added as friends = the more human he appears.

Morphine

Morphine

I hate all those who "become fans" of every single fucking thing.

"John Doe just became a fan of I TOO HAVE FARTED IN SCHOOL AND BLAMED THE GUY NEXT TO ME LOOOOL"

Cajungal

Cajungal

I once was friends on facebook with a girl who publicized fights with her boyfriend on facebook and even compared him to her previous boyfriends.

"_K_ wishes that a certain someone wouldn't go back on his word. *sigh*" Crap like that.

Then there's my teenage cousin who posts really emo stuff about her ex. "I don't want anyone else, I want you," "My world is crashing down around me" "boohoo I'm 14 and will never know true love again." <--ok I made that last one up.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

But you could make it up because you see her truest, deepest heart.

Gusto

Gusto

I wasn't emo until I was 15.

AND NOW LOOK AT ME :awesome:

ElJuski

ElJuski

I know people IRL who have very large lists, and I've witnessed myself that the interaction between them and their 'friends' is minimal at best. Having so many 'friends' while barely keeping in contact reeks of insincerity; that's the primary reason for my displeasure.[/QUOTE]

You hit a nerve of Juski's insecurity. More people added as friends = the more human he appears.[/QUOTE]

ORLY

makare

I hate that my wife farms on my account and posts every fucking Farmville thing she can so her other accounts can get the little prizes that these posts give. She basically spamposts using my name and I hate it. I no longer do anything on FB except Mafia Wars and Bejeweled simply because looking at my own profile wall makes me want to jab a nail through my coccyx.
This made me wonder, when you guys are on facebook where do you spend your time? I am always on the home page and not my own profile.

Oh and I have already today found something else annoying about my facebook friends. I added a bunch of people from school and all they talk about is sports. That ignore button is looking pretty tempting.

drifter

drifter

Just be thankful your FB friends have never gone nuclear. (In before old news is old)

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Most of my family on Facebook scare the hell out of me... mainly because they are right wing extremists. Not well thought out, able to back up their points somewhat right wingers like GasBandit (whom I can actually respect to a degree), but the kinds of extremists who talk about "taking back Central Ohio from minorities, leftists, and the godless" and who declare that "Obama is the Anti-Chirst and any who follow him will burn in hell for all eternity".

I add them then hit ignore, but it was shocking the first time I heard them talking about this kind of stuff. You never want to have confirmed proof that your family has lost it's mind.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Just be thankful your FB friends have never gone nuclear. (In before old news is old)
L. O. L.

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

Random friend requests are horrid, especially when you see that person IRL and they ask why you havent friended them yet.

Yeah I see you 2 hours a week at training and we talk, that qualifies you as a friend of sorts. Your mother who I see maybe 3 times a year, does not.
Yes we do the same sport and I see you every 3 months and say hi, and you were my mums boss for 6 years when i was 7 and where pretty cool back then. No we are not friends.

Best one was my girlfriends twins- best friends ex boyfriends best friend....whom I have never met!

Dave

Dave

I have a couple hundred "friends". Most of them are Mafia Wars.

phil

phil

89. A few dropped me I think.

makare

Hey I think my cousin is one of those annoying people who posts vague statements looking for sympathy...

she wrote "unreal.... throroughly annoyed and severely dissappointed in some people...." spelling errs are hers.

Hehe now Im getting my facebook drama next I want a pony... or a new car.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Hey I think my cousin is one of those annoying people who posts vague statements looking for sympathy...

she wrote "unreal.... throroughly annoyed and severely dissappointed in some people...." spelling errs are hers.

Hehe now Im getting my facebook drama next I want a pony... or a new car.
I ignore those fuckers SO fast.

makare

Im not going to ignore her. Im actually just amused that within a few days of saying I don't have people like that on my facebook they start to emerge.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Speak of the devil and he appears.

Calleja

Calleja

Beelzebub has a devil put aside for meeeee

for meeeeee

FOR MEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*awesomest guitar riff*

General Specific

General Specific

So, you think you can stone me and spit in me eye?

Calleja

Calleja

So you think you can love me and leave me to diiieeeeeeee? ooooohhhhh baabbyyyyy

General Specific

General Specific

Can't do this to me, baby

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Breakin' the combo to point out that I do this on my FB all the time. I'll post a song lyric and people will end up finishing the song. Sometimes they just get mad that the song is stuck in their head, though.

David

David

This is gonna sound pointless drama-y but...

An old friend of mine asked me a few days ago if I'd like to hang out with her some time this week and I said that I'd love to, so she said she'd get back to me with details. She just made a facebook post about how bored she is because nobody she wants to see will hang out with her. It made me both sad and angry at her.

I guess my point is, if you're going to pretend to want to stay friends with someone, don't make a public post they'll see that suggests otherwise.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Facebook was for the inane anyway.

Jay

Jay

I don't know, there are moments of genius to it.

For example, one of my buddies logged on my laptop a few months back (he was moving and didn’t have the net for a week or so) and forgot to log off. I realized his mistake and I decided to go on my PC and create an account called “Paul’s Right Hand” and successfully managed to get them in a relationship. Needless to state when he logged on almost a week later, he wasn’t impressed. The feedback from friends, coworkers and family was hilarious.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Facebook was for the inane anyway.
Was?

YAOMTC

I wouldn't be able to tolerate Facebook if it weren't for the Hide button. That thing is a godsend. I see an application I don't care about? Hover cursor, Hide, Hide [Application]. I get tired of a Facebook friend's postings? Hover cursor, Hide, Hide [Friend].

Or alternately, if you'd like less work, there is always FB Purity.