Export thread

ZenMonkey Announcement

Dave

Dave

To quell any possible rumors, I am announcing that ZenMonkey has stepped down as an Admin of Halforums.

No, there's no drama. No, nobody ran her off. No, I do not have any further details.

This is an amicable move and I wish her well. Personally I think it's because her blog is getting some very, very good publicity and traffic. Check it out at www.newly-nerfed.net if you want to see what all the hubbub is about.

Right now I'm looking at my options as she was the boomstick. We will have a banhammer in the very near future but not 100% sure who it's gonna be yet.

@Li3n

@Li3n

No, nobody ran her off.
You're just saying that so we can't gloat... :mad:

Also, link won't load...

Dave

Dave

Sorry. That's .net. I've fixed it.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

:(

Wasabi Poptart

http://newly-nerfed.net/

I was still having problems with your link, Dave.

Chippy

Chippy

We will have a banhammer in the very near future but not 100% sure who it's gonna be yet.
Dibs

Denbrought

Denbrought

:( Do not like, catperson population goes down.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Wait. She gets busier so she has to stop being a mod?

That makes zero sense.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Wait. She gets busier so she has to stop being a mod?

That makes zero sense.
Considering her CFS and other stuff, she might just not have the energy for all the things she's juggling right now. Hopefully she comes back to visit at least, as she's one of my favorite people on the forum.

Wahad

Wahad

Wait, so she's quitting Halforum entirely?

Aw man. Well, congratulations on getting stuff done with that blog, Zen! See you around.

Dave

Dave

She'll be lurking. She's just backing off quite a bit.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Again, it doesn't add up.

Dave

Dave

Everything I know you know.

Chippy

Chippy

Dibbzity Dibbzity Dibbzity.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

And that's another blog I'm adding to my blog-roll.

GL Zen! Hope to see you continue commenting for the foreseeable future!

Espy

Espy

She's after a hidden treasure that requires her to steal the Bill of Rights. She can't have us as a weight around her neck.

meyoumeyou

thats a shame, Zen were pretty good :couch2::preggers::third:

Gusto

Gusto

:heart: Zen.

Krisken

Krisken

But... but she said she likes me :(

Sorry to hear you're stepping down, Zen. I'm glad to hear it's an amicable thing and hope your blog really takes off. :) Though we'll miss seeing you around so often.

makare

I wish Zen good luck in whatever she is doing. Ill really miss her around here. She has always been really level headed and wise.. and even at the times she wasn't she was at least entertaining.. Lol just kidding Zen.:D

Chazwozel

To quell any possible rumors, I am announcing that ZenMonkey has stepped down as an Admin of Halforums.

No, there's no drama. No, nobody ran her off. No, I do not have any further details.

This is an amicable move and I wish her well. Personally I think it's because her blog is getting some very, very good publicity and traffic. Check it out at www.newly-nerfed.net if you want to see what all the hubbub is about.

Right now I'm looking at my options as she was the boomstick. We will have a banhammer in the very near future but not 100% sure who it's gonna be yet.
Banhammer sounds like an appropriate position for an alpha member of the forum.

Iaculus

Banhammer sounds like an appropriate position for an alpha member of the forum.[/QUOTE]

Come back, Zen.

Now.

Chazwozel

Banhammer sounds like an appropriate position for an alpha member of the forum.[/QUOTE]

Come back, Zen.

Now.[/QUOTE]

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Aww, this came so outta the blue.

Glad your website's doing so well, crazy monkey cat lady. Just please don't forget us altogether, okay? You are the voice of reason hereabouts.

Rubicon

grats zen on your site picking up traffic

ill toss my name in the ring if possible, ive got plenty of time to kill on a daily basis

Chippy

Chippy

ill toss my name in the ring if possible, ive got plenty of time to kill on a daily basis

GOD no.

Chazwozel

No offense bro, but even I'd be more level headed than you as a mod. I remember you booted me from IRC for the hell of it! Don't think I'll EEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVERRRRRRRRR forget !!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bubble181

Bubble181

Well, didn't come completely unexpected, but still very sad to see it happen :-(
Good luck with NN, and hopefully you'll visit occasionally :)

Also, if we're really going for public voting; for heaven's sake, don't take one of the drama queens. I nominate either Cajun or Northy, with Allen, hylian or Gusto taking over as mod.

Chippy

Chippy

No offense bro, but even I'd be more level headed than you as a mod. I remember you booted me from IRC for the hell of it! Don't think I'll EEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVERRRRRRRRR forget !!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I remember that. He almost kicked me because he thought I was an alt of yours.

HowDroll

HowDroll

I think public voting would be great :twisted:

Baerdog

Baerdog

No offense bro, but even I'd be more level headed than you as a mod. I remember you booted me from IRC for the hell of it! Don't think I'll EEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVERRRRRRRRR forget !!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
Good news, everyone!

You didn't get kicked from the IRC. You quit.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Oh god, I just realized that any of you getting that admin positioon would be a horrible, scary, fucked up experience.

I wait with baited breath.

Dave

Dave

Two rules:

1) I choose with input from the mods.
2) If you ask you are immediately eliminated from contention.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

I for one would like to NOT be considered for mod or banhammer. I'm sure that breaks everyones hearts (ok, not really) but I watched as Zens enjoyment of the forum declined as she had to shoulder the extra responsibility and such.

Besides, I just don't think I'd have the time to do a proper job.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

two rules so he had to post it twice ;)

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

has anyone actually ever been banned here anyways? who gives a fuck. Whenever shit gets real, it goes to flame wars

Alucard

Damn Zen is leaving? :( this is indeed a sad day :(
I say we settle this thunderdome style. One enter one leaves

No one can replace Zen she was a staple of the community here

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

One enters, one leaves?

:facepalm:

ElJuski

ElJuski

One enters, one leaves?

Nobody said it had to be exciting. Thunderdome could be like, a closet or something.

ONE ENTERS. ONE LEAVES. WITH SOCKS.

Iaculus

One enters, one leaves?

Presumably, the defending champion is waiting for them.

Or, you know, all that staring at walls waiting for your opponent to arrive gets really dramatic. It's a possibility.

Gusto

Gusto

The THUNDERSHOWER.

ONE ENTERS. ONE LEAVES. NAKED AND MOIST.

Krisken

Krisken

Well, we don't have a MasterBlaster anymore.

ElJuski

ElJuski

THE THUNDER-CHANGING ROOM AT KOHLS.

One enters, one leaves WITH A DECISION ON WHETHER THOSE PANTS MAKE MY ASS LOOK FAT

Iaculus

The THUNDER-ARBORETUM.

ONE ENTERS. ONE MILLION LEAVES.

(sorry).

ElJuski

ElJuski

oh lordy.

Gusto

Gusto

ElJuski

ElJuski

I found our replacement, btw:

Gusto

Gusto

Oops.

I almost forgot

MY MAGIC MURDER BAG

strawman

strawman

If you ask you are immediately eliminated from contention.
Can I be a mod?

There. Dodged that bullet.

:rofl:

Zen,

Good luck with your endeavors, please come by and visit as you are able!

-Adam

makare

Lol i love that clip.

Alucard

Deschain

Goodbye Zenmonkey, you were the finest mind of our generation.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

:eagle:

Iaculus

Anyways, good luck with the blog, and remember you're always welcome here.

Except, you know, with those forumites who are allergic to cats. Got to cover all the bases, right?

Silvanesti

:tear:

KCWM

KCWM

Bummer. I'm not aware of anyone I'd immediately suggest as a replacement mod/admin. Maybe it's me on the outside looking in, but it seems like we are fairly self-regulated. Anyone that does step up shouldn't necessarily come from the core members, but whoever Dave and the other mods believe would be a good fit, but Dave already seems a step ahead of me there.

Best of luck to Zen.

Kitty Sinatra

Can I be a mod?

I thought of doing the same thing but I know I'm safe. I mean, Dave'd be a smurfing smurf to smurf me.

Dave

Dave

Can I be a mod?

I thought of doing the same thing but I know I'm safe. I mean, Dave'd be a smurfing smurf to smurf me.[/QUOTE]

But you are so fuzzy and cute!

Kitty Sinatra

That's what she said.

Chazwozel

No offense bro, but even I'd be more level headed than you as a mod. I remember you booted me from IRC for the hell of it! Don't think I'll EEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVERRRRRRRRR forget !!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
Good news, everyone!

You didn't get kicked from the IRC. You quit.[/QUOTE]

Hear that whooshing sound? That's the sound of shit you weren't around for flying over your head. This is like 2 years ago, dumbass.

figmentPez

figmentPez

What part doesn't make sense to you? Moderating, even just posting, takes time and energy. ZenMonkey, more-so than most people, has limited time and energy. More time and energy spent on other pursuits leaves inadequate time to be a mod.

Krisken

Krisken

Good news, everyone!

You didn't get kicked from the IRC. You quit.[/quote]

Hear that whooshing sound? That's the sound of shit you weren't around for flying over your head. This is like 2 years ago, dumbass.[/QUOTE]
There's that level headed attitude we need!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

If anyone here, thought for a second, that Chaz was being serious about wanting to be a mod? :laugh:

Twitch

Well hopefully she'll still be around in some capacity.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I miss Zen already. :(

Cajungal

Cajungal

Well, didn't come completely unexpected, but still very sad to see it happen :-(
Good luck with NN, and hopefully you'll visit occasionally :)

Also, if we're really going for public voting; for heaven's sake, don't take one of the drama queens. I nominate either Cajun or Northy, with Allen, hylian or Gusto taking over as mod.
I don't know about that. It's nice of you to say, but I think there must be someone here who's much better suited.

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

:hug: I'm still going to bug you on AIM, Zen. Your blog rules, and I love you.

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

The THUNDERSHOWER.

ONE ENTERS. ONE LEAVES. NAKED AND MOIST.

GeneralOrder24

Agreed. Not to stir up a shitstorm or anything, but I remember a few years back when she posted a goodbye thread and there were a few who jumped on her back for being an attention whore (I was one of them, please forgive me.) It almost seems like she's trying to leave without replicating the old thread, but this thread kinda does that by proxy, and could have been avoided by her posting that she was backing off a bit due to having less time, and leaving it at that.

This leaves me sitting on the proverbial fence, because half of me knows she's a great person, and the other half just thinks this thread is one big cymbal crash for dramatic effect.

I'm so torn.

Twitch

Agreed. Not to stir up a shitstorm or anything, but I remember a few years back when she posted a goodbye thread and there were a few who jumped on her back for being an attention whore (I was one of them, please forgive me.) It almost seems like she's trying to leave without replicating the old thread, but this thread kinda does that by proxy, and could have been avoided by her posting that she was backing off a bit due to having less time, and leaving it at that.

This leaves me sitting on the proverbial fence, because half of me knows she's a great person, and the other half just thinks this thread is one big cymbal crash for dramatic effect.

I'm so torn.[/QUOTE]
So it's an attention whore if she makes the post and it's a whore for attention if she doesn't? Not everyone gives a shit about people caring about everything they do.

Chippy

Chippy

I'm so torn.[/QUOTE]

This is a retarded post.

GeneralOrder24

I'm so torn.[/quote]
So it's an attention whore if she makes the post and it's a whore for attention if she doesn't? Not everyone gives a shit about people caring about everything they do.[/QUOTE]

She could easily just stop posting, or post that she can't post here because she's to busy. Instead we have this.

Chippy

Chippy

I'm so torn.[/quote]
So it's an attention whore if she makes the post and it's a whore for attention if she doesn't? Not everyone gives a shit about people caring about everything they do.[/QUOTE]

She could easily just stop posting, or post that she can't post here because she's to busy. Instead we have this.[/QUOTE]

She did stop posting. Check who made the thread. If she posted that she was too busy, you'd still be calling her an attention whore.

Silvanesti

I miss Zen already. :(
This.

Its sucks, I hope zen still posts some. Wish her all the best.

GeneralOrder24

I'm so torn.[/quote]
So it's an attention whore if she makes the post and it's a whore for attention if she doesn't? Not everyone gives a shit about people caring about everything they do.[/quote]

She could easily just stop posting, or post that she can't post here because she's to busy. Instead we have this.[/quote]

She did stop posting. Check who made the thread. If she posted that she was too busy, you'd still be calling her an attention whore.[/QUOTE]

Please, don't make presumptions. Also, I see who made the thread.

Silvanesti

Oh my God, really... Some of you guys are creating drama where there is none. DAVE created the thread after ZEN posted us in the mod forum. There is no drama. Stop over analyzing things.
Some people have to create drama where there is none.

Chippy

Chippy

the other half just thinks this thread is one big cymbal crash for dramatic effect.

Please, don't make presumptions.
Irony is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

GeneralOrder24

Oh my God, really... Some of you guys are creating drama where there is none. DAVE created the thread after ZEN posted us in the mod forum. There is no drama. Stop over analyzing things.
Some people have to create drama where there is none.[/quote]

What the hell else is there to to at 3am?

Seriously though, I'm not trying to stir up shit, just saying what it looks like. Feel free to disregard me.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Something tells me that Zen didn't post a goodbye thread to try and avoid this sort of thing.

Silvanesti

Feel free to disregard me.
can do!

:notes:

Krisken

Krisken

Something tells me that Zen didn't post a goodbye thread to try and avoid this sort of thing.
Which after a year of listening to us bitch and moan about each other not just in the forum but through personal messages and reports, I understand completely.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I'm not saying she wanted attention.

I'm saying I don't get the reasoning behind "leaving cause I got more important things to do".

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Sometimes, you people.

Pojodan

May the winds be in your sails, Zen.

Silvanesti

Sometimes, you people.
What?! why do you say that? What do you mean 'you people' and where do you get off using proper punctuation? What are you trying to say? huh?! out with it. JERK!

Chazwozel

If anyone here, thought for a second, that Chaz was being serious about wanting to be a mod? :laugh:
I'd ban you all until it was just myself. I'd be sitting in a white field meditating in the peace that is nirvana.

---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

Yeah seriously, some of you need to pull your heads out of your asses.

---------- Post added at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

I'm saying I don't get the reasoning behind "leaving cause I got more important things to do".
You gotta admit, this place can be a goddamn time sink.

I can't wait till the topic gets twisted enough that we get our torches and pitchforks. "TO THE LITTLE GIRL'S ROOM!"

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I am so disappointed at some of you now. Hope you have the decency to understand if I mean you.

Laurelai

AHHHHHHHH ZEN! IF YOU DON'T MAKE DRAMA, WE'LL MAKE IT FOR YOUUUUUUUU!

..... wargarble!
/hugs and enjoy your vacation :D

Dusty668

ThatNickGuy

I won't add to the drama and just do the classy thing by going the WWE route when they release someone: I wish Zen all the best in her future endevours.

I'd volunteer to be a mod, but that would eliminate me from the competition...and I wouldn't have the time needed for something like this.

Honestly? If Chaz was able to keep his arguing duties separate from his mod duties, he might be an okay mod.

Kitty Sinatra

:confused:

I thought relinquishing a responsibility is exactly what one does when other responsibilities take precedence.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

dude, Zen was a mod. I think it'd have been kind of impossible for her to 'quietly fade away'. Not to mention, she was one of the forum's more prolific posters.

Geeze, you people stirring up drama are being the attention whores. :eyeroll:

I hope she does well in her endeavors.

GeneralOrder24

I am so disappointed at some of you now. Hope you have the decency to understand if I mean you.
I'm fairly sure it's just me, but thanks for not singling me out! I'm sorry again guys. I didn't mean to be an ass.

Kitty Sinatra

-ass

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

How, how, how did this thread manage to get drama injected into it?

:frusty:

ThatNickGuy

How, how, how did this thread manage to get drama injected into it?

:frusty:
THIS! IS! HALFORUM!!

*insert .gif of whatshisname kicking ZenMonkey into the pit*

LittleSin

LittleSin

See ya Zen!

Take care!

Hylian

Hylian

I hope you come back eventually Zen :(

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

See ya later, purty cat lady!

David

David

Zen... you've inspired me to start getting my own website going immediately.

Good luck to you, please don't forget to post here once in a while.

Ross

Ross

Despite some of my disagreements with Zen, she was still a pretty damn good and respectable person, and I'm sad to see her go. She has been fortunate enough to see something she really cares about have a positive and increasing impact on the world, and I'm glad she has decided to dedicate more time to making what she's got even better.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Darned if you do and dratted if you don't, I guess. :rofl:

Thank you for all the well wishes. I really wanted to reiterate that there is no drama here. I promise nothing happened to force me out. Speculation about my not posting in General in order to avoid drama was exactly right. :)

My email address is iWife07, at the gmail domain followed by dot-com. (Yeah, that'll fool the spammers.) Please keep in touch if you're so inclined.

Love you guys, and I'll miss you. :waves:

strawman

strawman

aw, no more zenmonkey around hf.

-Adam

Espy

Espy

Thank you for all the well wishes. I really wanted to reiterate that there is no drama here. I promise nothing happened to force me out. Speculation about my not posting in General in order to avoid drama was exactly right. :)

My email address is iWife07, at the gmail domain followed by dot-com. (Yeah, that'll fool the spammers.) Please keep in touch if you're so inclined.

OMG. You guys were right. There is a code in there.

MindDetective

MindDetective

Someone call Dan Brown!

Espy

Espy

Someone call Dan Brown!

So we take those letters then, according to the ancient hidden scroll, and they say: i u t h e m p p o e d r r d e

Which, when run through my codex from ancient greece says:

I murdered the pope

Whoa.

Hylian

Hylian

OMG. You guys were right. There is a code in there.[/QUOTE]

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Everybody call Dan Brown! We have his next best seller right here!

EDIT:

DAMN, MIND DETECTIVE JUST DID THIS JOKE.:mad:

strawman

strawman

Huh. If you're right, Espy, then I decrypted her message completely wrong.

Maybe she's doing a message in a message in a message...

-Adam

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Someone call Dan Brown!

So we take those letters then, according to the ancient hidden scroll, and they say: i u t h e m p p o e d r r d e

Which, when run through my codex from ancient greece says:

I murdered the pope

Whoa.[/QUOTE]

Impossible. The pope was exposed to a blast of mutagenic substance from his chamber pot that no one had emptied. He faked his own death and now fights crime as a muscle-bound old guy in tights and pumps...

Oh shit, did I just say that?

Hold still.

Espy

Espy

I'm happy to provide even the darkest of reasons to anyone who needs one.

for five dolla.

Calleja

Calleja

The truth is Zen and I have decided to start our own forum, taking only the cool people from Halforum.

If you didn't get a PM inviting you to the new forum, it's cause you're not one of the cool ones.

Dave

Dave

Thanks for those of you who injected some intelligence to the discussion. My first post said there was no drama and I meant it.

She did not provide reasons and she doesn't have to. It's her business and if she wants to divulge she will.

As Tin said, as an Administrator she couldn't just fade away, so I posted this link to explain why she was no longer to be bothered by reports or complaints.

And GO24, there's nothing wrong with speculation, but everything is cool. Well, other than Zen leaving everything is cool. Zen's leaving sucks. But everything else is cool.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

And apparently I'm not one of the cool ones according to Calleja.

Calleja

Calleja

Oh man, Zen just made the most hilarious post over at the new forum making fun of this thread.

Chippy

Chippy

I dunno. I thought the part with Ronald McDonald and the tire iron was a bit much.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

That was Ronald McDonald? To me it looked like Ronald Reagan in drag...

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

the difference is reagan doesn't wear nearly that much make up. he's a lady, not a whore.

makare

The truth is Zen and I have decided to start our own forum, taking only the cool people from Halforum.

If you didn't get a PM inviting you to the new forum, it's cause you're not one of the cool ones.
Oh I see... yeah well I'm way cooler than you anyway new forum or no new forum. :toocool:

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm starting my own forum.. with blackjack! And hookers!

Iaculus

Yay! I'm cool!

(looks around the near-empty forum).

So... umm... what do we do now?

Krisken

Krisken

Uh oh...

Baerdog

Baerdog

On second thought, forget the blackjack!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I'll have full frontal nudity, sauna, booze at minimum age 18 and great views.

Calleja

Calleja

Yay! I'm cool!

(looks around the near-empty forum).

So... umm... what do we do now?[/QUOTE]

You're not cool! You like 14 year old girls!

Wasabi Poptart

I'm happy to provide even the darkest of reasons to anyone who needs one.

for five dolla.
I'll give ya two fiddy.

Espy

Espy

TWO FIDDY??? NO!

makare

Hmm I think someone here might be related to that damn Loch Ness Monster!

you ain't gettin my tree fiddy.

Kitty Sinatra

2.50 for a highball, and a buck and a half for a beer - Happy Hour is here.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'll be with this guy, presuming the full frontal nudity isn't just him and me.

makare

I'll be with this guy, presuming the full frontal nudity isn't just him and me.[/QUOTE]

hot sausage festival! free beer!

Bubble181

Bubble181

sausages are only good in a wrap. Care to help out?

(wrong thread for this, isn't it?)

Jay

Jay

I'm calling bullshit!

:p

Good luck to your endeavors.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

best of luck, zen. hope to see you around here sooner than later.

HoboNinja

HoboNinja

Uh oh...[/QUOTE]

OMFG that is hilarious. I had to google it and found the OP http://www.realpics.net/forums/topic/My-dad-saw-me-on-the-RP-forums-and?t=199877&p=2

and yeah Zen I will miss you :( Please still stop by and post from time to time.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Good luck with the site!

Math242

Math242

Zen, i hope you'll still post here from time to time. I like your posts especially when you're grumpy !

rabbitgod

Aww, I leave town for 3 days and Zen leaves.

I'll be watching the blog!

Kitty Sinatra

Aww, first Chaz. Now Zen. :(

Dave

Dave

Oh the Chaz came back, the very next day! The Chaz came back he just couldn't stay away....

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Ed: :thumbsup:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Shannow

Shannow

Zen, good luck to you and with your future endeavors.

Banhammer sounds like an appropriate position for an alpha member of the forum.
Nay, that role should go to the Omega.

I'd ban you all until it was just myself. I'd be sitting in a white field meditating in the peace that is nirvana.
Oh...I see. :doom:

fade

fade

Uh oh...[/QUOTE]

OMFG that is hilarious. I had to google it and found the OP http://www.realpics.net/forums/topic/My-dad-saw-me-on-the-RP-forums-and?t=199877&p=2

and yeah Zen I will miss you :( Please still stop by and post from time to time.[/QUOTE]

Man, I'm so much less impressed now that I read the OP, and it seems to be an intentional joke.

LordRavage

Good luck with everything Zen. Somethings in life are seasonal and somethings are for a life time. Being a Mod or anyone in charge....should be seasonal. It helps keep the sanity. :)

lafftaff

Awww, I'll miss you Zen. You can still pop in once a day, right? Right? I always lurked a bunch & I always enjoyed what you had to say.

Whose our official cat lady now?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

none. the cat lady number has been retired.

makare

Well what does the cat lady position require... I have three cats.

Espy

Espy

Are you crazy about them and can you commit to posting adorable pictures of them?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Are you crazy about them and can you commit to posting adorable pictures of them?[/QUOTE]

Can you be cool and awesome at all times, even when slightly cranky?

Bubble181

Bubble181

I thin Ame's got you beat by about 300% :-P

makare

They all have catster pages... and while they are often cute they are more often evil and diabolical.

Are you crazy about them and can you commit to posting adorable pictures of them?[/QUOTE]

Can you be cool and awesome at all times, even when slightly cranky?[/QUOTE]

that seems like a trick question but i like to think so.

Kitty Sinatra

They wouldn't be cats if they weren't cute, evil and diabolical.

MindDetective

MindDetective

The real question is, can you rock a cat avatar? It has to be so tied to your every post that your name is forever linked to cats.

makare

No I cant do that. I love a variety of avs. But I can put a cat blinkie in my sig. That would be seen for every post.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I always hated that rabbit from Bambi. She looked like a whore.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

But I think you're swell. Sorry, I've just been thinking that since you changed it. I still think of you as that happy Japanese woman avatar from back on halfpixel.

makare

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

But I think you're swell. Sorry, I've just been thinking that since you changed it. I still think of you as that happy Japanese woman avatar from back on halfpixel.
That's ok. She is a whorish rabbit but she's a rabbit, I mean what do you expect.

Happy Japanese woman... I dont know which one that is.

this one?

Cajungal

Cajungal

No, she looked more like a flight attendant.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

And yeah, I guess you're right. She might even be one of the more prudish rabbits.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

That's ok. She is a whorish rabbit but she's a rabbit, I mean what do you expect.

Happy Japanese woman... I dont know which one that is.

this one?
[/QUOTE]

That picture unnerves me.

Espy

Espy

Guess that's settled!

makare

hey hey hey ame had more cats than zen.

That cannot be the only criteria. I demand a re-judgment.

Espy

Espy

PROVE YOUR CRAZY THEN. PROVE IT GOOD.:angry:

makare

I think my post history speaks for itself.

Chazwozel

Dave when do I get my flaming banhammer?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Oh that's "flaming" alright....

fade

fade

Heh heh.

Chazwozel

It's a spot on likeness in every way. In fact, I posed for this painting.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

You know Chaz, for some reason, I'm not doubting that, like, at all. :slywink:

It's very brave of you to admit that I might add.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Yeah. I mean, I would imagine it takes a certain level of chutzpah to go around in nothing but a leather thong.

Chazwozel

I'm not gay! Bah! I'm going to Starbucks for an ORANGE MOCHA FRAPPUCCINO!!!!!!!!!!!!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I always thought that the Watchmen gif was from a McDonald's ad... that makes this slightly funnier.

SeraRelm

I'm not gay! Bah! I'm going to Starbucks for an ORANGE MOCHA FRAPPUCCINO!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

:paranoid:

Piotyr

Piotyr

It's a spot on likeness in every way. In fact, I posed for this painting.[/QUOTE]

I had no idea you were so hammer-shaped.

makare

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

And yeah, I guess you're right. She might even be one of the more prudish rabbits.
was it this one

Dave

Dave

was it this one

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the chick from the "Fifth Element".

makare

I am both excited for finding it and ashamed that I spent time finding it.

Such is the duality of existence.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I don't know why I remembered her as Japanese. :confused:

Dave

Dave

I don't know why I remembered her as Japanese. :confused:
One of them had eye makeup that was angled up. Maybe it was that girl from the shuttle in the movie.

Iaculus

It's a spot on likeness in every way. In fact, I posed for this painting.[/quote]

I had no idea you were so hammer-shaped.[/quote]

Those... are not the hammer.

What? Someone had to.

Simfers

Simfers

It's a spot on likeness in every way. In fact, I posed for this painting.[/QUOTE]

I had no idea you were so hammer-shaped.[/QUOTE]

No no no, he was the loincloth.

Bowielee

Bowielee

[/QUOTE]

Y'know, I think that Zoolander is an entirely underrated movie.

Overflight

Yes it is.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Yes it is.[/QUOTE]

It has David Bowie, therefore it is both AWESOME and massively underrated at the same time. :eek:rly:

SeraRelm

And it has Will Farrell!

Oh...

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I wish i could slap will farrell in the face with a cold, raw fillet of salmon.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

http://tinyurl.com/cy6lcq

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

clearly I need to watch more Family Guy

makare

I loved Zoolander mostly because I have a serious love for Owen Wilson.

Mmmm Owen Wilson.

fade

fade

http://tinyurl.com/cy6lcq[/QUOTE]

That clip is dripping with the irony that the Family Guy joke itself is fairly lame.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

You're completely entitled to your wrong opinion. :slywink:

ElJuski

ElJuski

A few notes.

1. How is Zoolander underrated? I hardly hear anyone who thinks that movie isn't pretty genius. Of course Ben Stiller has had a lot of misses since then, but Zoolander is such a bright spot on his resumé!

2. Family Guy is miserable television. It aims for the lowest common denominator and even then misses sometimes. It's irreverent and wacky...which is always welcome. But it's irreverent and wacky in an extremely obnoxious, tired way. Every once in a while they hit it all right.

3. Will Ferrel has gotten WAY too much screen time based on the fact that highschoolers and frat boys are paying to see him talk in a funny voice. Step Brothers was surprisingly good, however. Ferrel + Reilly = win.

fade

fade

Family Guy was good when it first hit the scene. But like you said, it's tired. Its schtick is played out, and it's gotten really repetitive.

Bowielee

Bowielee

A few notes.

1. How is Zoolander underrated? I hardly hear anyone who thinks that movie isn't pretty genius. Of course Ben Stiller has had a lot of misses since then, but Zoolander is such a bright spot on his resumé!
I don't know many people who DID like Zoolander. It had a very poor reception at the box office, and the reviews tend to rate on the low end of the scale, so yeah, underrated.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I love Old School, Elf, Ricky Bobby, Anchorman, and Step Brothers but I detest Will Ferrel.

That make any sense?

Wasn't a big Reily fan till "Walk Hard".

@Li3n

@Li3n

I love Old School, Elf, Ricky Bobby, Anchorman, and Step Brothers but I detest Will Ferrel.

That make any sense?
It's will farrel... makes perfect sense.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I always figured Ferrel blew his movie load too early. Anchorman is still his funniest movie to me, and for the most part it was the exact same character over and over (loud, obnoxious, stupid) for years. Ricky Bobby was at least the first sports-based, but then he went and tried THAT again.

Personally I think he needs more things like Stranger Than Fiction if he wants to prove he's more than a guy with a penchant for taking his shirt off and screaming a lot.

fade

fade

Anchorman was his only funny movie. I think that's because it was tailor made for his humor style and his physical appearance. Part of his problem is that the two just don't mesh. He's doesn't look right for childlike humor.

ElJuski

ElJuski

also the guy was pretty brilliant in that episode of Undeclared.

makare

I hated anchorman so very very much.

And Talladega Nights was stupid as well but my god did i laugh. I laughed so damn hard at that movie and I kept asking myself why why are you laughing.

"There's nothing more frightening then driving with a live goddamn cougar next to you. "

HAHAHA still gets me... sigh.:(

* I also loved Elf except for that chick.. so annoying.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Zooey? Yeah, ya know, I love her voice but I could take or leave her acting. Then again I haven't seen her in much.

Calleja

Calleja

ZOOEY DESCHANEL IS AWESOME SHUT UP I LOVE HER I WANT TO HAVE HER BABIES!

makare

ZOOEY DESCHANEL IS AWESOME SHUT UP I LOVE HER I WANT TO HAVE HER BABIES!
well you can have her as long as you keep her away from where i can see or hear her.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Wait... I thought Katy Perry played that part in Elf.....

:heh: