2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible defense, couldn't buy a call, no offense from the Toews-Kane-Byfuglien line, and they won? Thank goodness they didn't pull this against the Sharks or Canucks (more than twice, at least).

Niemi stole one tonight, although the Hawks were controlling play the first 40.

Not over yet by any means, but feel a lot better up 2-0 than anything else at this point.

Both teams played better than in game 1, and both goalies were solid walls last night. Amazing performances from both Leighton and Niemi. Niemi, in that last minute and a half when the Flyers decided to go 6 on 5, was incredible. The Flyers were just not giving him a break and he kept turning them away. It was awesome.

Man, I was really hoping this wouldn't go to overtime. I've got work in the morning.

Also, I just feel it needs to be said, Bettman's an ass.

Philly is on the ropes, go for the knockout Chicago!!! Can't see the damn games though, television is partly broken so no picture but I've got sound at least.

That Chicago celebration song is kinda addicting too.

Best part about if the Blackhawks take the cup? IT MAKES TORONTO THE TEAM WITH THE LONGEST CUP DROUGHT! FUCK YOU LEAFS!

In th elast series, I saw Byuflien make some rather nasty plays, and he was the sole reason I was initially hoping it wouldn't be Chicago in the finals.

But last night, I saw why Chicago fans like the guy. Good lord! He's a beast! Some massive hits, getting under Pronger's skin, and checking in with two goals and two assists. Geez.

Blackhawks started to let things get away from them a bit there in the third, but if they can keep up the momentum like that first period, Wednesday night will definitely be the Stanley Cup game.

On the other hand, Philly's so good at these desperate comebacks its scary. were Chicago playing any other team last night, I'd have been comfortable going to bed when it was 5-2. They're going to come out in full force Wednesday night. It is going to be an interesting game, for sure.

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Best part about if the Blackhawks take the cup? IT MAKES TORONTO THE TEAM WITH THE LONGEST CUP DROUGHT! FUCK YOU LEAFS!
This is why my brother-in-law and dad are cheering for Philly.

C

Chazwozel

Philly is on the ropes, go for the knockout Chicago!!! Can't see the damn games though, television is partly broken so no picture but I've got sound at least.

Really? It's like the gayest goal horn song in the NHL.

C

Chazwozel

Really? It's like the gayest goal horn song in the NHL.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen the vid?
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's still a pretty gay goal horn song. The Flyers (as much as I hate them) have a pretty badass one. I actually think the Pens one is really lame.

And yes, I'm aware of the irony that the Flyer's song title is the Bro Hymn by Pennywise. ;)

More than anything, it's because every time it's played the Philly fans get sad.

Have you seen the vid?
[/QUOTE]

So many people seem to hate on this song, and on the band. I think its because all anyone ever plays is the "Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo da doo doo doo..." part, and those people aren't aware that this band actually writes and performs music. Because the Fratellis are friggin' awesome.

...Or were, apparently they broke up.

What I sincerely don't get, is why they always play "I'm Shippin' Up To Boston" by the Dropkick Murphys. They are aware they are not in Boston, right?

Chicago wins, thank GOD!

Shitty goal though. Where the fuck was "red light" Leighton during the Habs series?

C

Chazwozel

As predicted: Flyer's fans boo Toews as he wins the Conn Smithe and hoists the Stanley Cup. No class to the end. Congrats to the Blackhawks. All is right with the world.

As predicted: Flyer's fans boo Toews as he wins the Conn Smithe and hoists the Stanley Cup. No class to the end. Congrats to the Blackhawks. All is right with the world.
Yeah, that pissed me off. Bbut to be honest I'm impressed with the number of them who are actually bothering to stay and watch as Chicago skates the Cup around. Shows some respect.

C

Chazwozel

Yeah, that pissed me off. Bbut to be honest I'm impressed with the number of them who are actually bothering to stay and watch as Chicago skates the Cup around. Shows some respect.[/QUOTE]

I knew they were going to boo Buttman, but there's a fine line when you do it to the winners. You don't have to cheer wildly but a nice golf clap is expected. Sore losers. I hate Philly fans so much.

No, it's pretty gay. The word has more than one definition to it. It applies here. Flamboyant! Gay! Fruity! Harden up boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.