Export thread

2010 Vancouver Olympics Thread

Chazwozel

Since it's less than a week away, discuss all your Olympic glories here.

USA USA USA

btw, I haven't heard. Is Alex Ovechkin going to be able to play for Russia's ice hockey team?

Odie

Ovie will b there, leading the Russians. Which also include your Malkin and Atlanta's Kovalchuk.

Adam

Adammon

Considering the inconvenience and grief it has caused my province to have the Olympics here, I think it's only fitting that I 'Not Give a Shit' (tm) at this point.

The only thing I care about is the Olympic gold medal game between Canada and the Russians.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

This is going to be some amazing hockey.

Do they play any other sports at the Olympics?

Jake

Jake

Do they play any other sports at the Olympics?
View attachment 295.

Attachments

Chazwozel

I love how for serious curling is too!

Jake

Jake

I love how for serious curling is too!
CLEAN THAT MOTHERFUCKING ICE!!!!!

Shakey

Shakey

I love curling. I even took a class for it in college.

Kitty Sinatra

Curling is a fun sport. It should also be 2 gold medals for Canada. Woot!

(I'm still amazed that those in charge of our Olympic team keep saying we're gonna win the medal count.)

bhamv3

bhamv3

I will be rooting for the Jamaican bobsled team.

Shadazz

Australia will win everything, sorry folks.

TommiR

TommiR

These are the winter olympics, you know. Australia might be slightly challenged climate-wise.

Covar

Covar

USA! USA! USA!

I'll be watching the hockey. Hurricanes may yet get the chance to field Tim Gleason on the US Olympic team. I never thought I would be so glad for all the injuries going around the NHL this year.

Chippy

Chippy

USA! USA!

I'll mostly be watching hockey and speed skating, since Colbert's made such a big deal about it.

Chazwozel

Australia will win everything, sorry folks.
And the silver to the Jamaican bobsled team?

Adam

Adammon

These are the winter olympics, you know. Australia might be slightly challenged climate-wise.
Are you kidding? Every bloody Australian on the planet is at my ski hill right now....fuckers :(

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I'm getting pretty pumped for them. I like Canada's chances at winning the medal count too. We've got the greatest Olympic athlete alive leading us into the starting ceremony and we're heavily favoured in many events. I don't know why everyone is so keen on the Russian hockey team, yes they have offence, but next to no defence. And also there is Hockey Canada's secret plan for victory to overcome.

Kitty Sinatra

And also there is Hockey Canada's secret plan for victory to overcome.
A toonie at centre ice?

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Curling is a fun sport. It should also be 2 gold medals for Canada. Woot!

(I'm still amazed that those in charge of our Olympic team keep saying we're gonna win the medal count.)
HA HA HA HA!

Piotyr

Piotyr

It'll be a little strange to see Kane, Toews and Hossa all on different teams instead of the same line.

I like Kane, but if he's the best the USA has, I don't see them medaling. Unless Miller just doesn't let up a single goal.

Adam

Adammon

I'm getting pretty pumped for them. I like Canada's chances at winning the medal count too. We've got the greatest Olympic athlete alive leading us into the starting ceremony and we're heavily favoured in many events. I don't know why everyone is so keen on the Russian hockey team, yes they have offence, but next to no defence. And also there is Hockey Canada's secret plan for victory to overcome.
Canada will come in 4th or 5th behind Norway, Germany, Russia and the US, like every other Winter Games since the beginning of time.

Jake

Jake

We've got the greatest Olympic athlete alive leading us into the starting ceremony
Michael Phelps is American.

Kitty Sinatra

We've got the greatest Olympic athlete alive leading us into the starting ceremony
Michael Phelps is American.[/QUOTE]
That's one strike against him :p
2) he's a fish
3) he's male.

That's 3 strikes. He's out.

Our gal is the greatest.

Chazwozel

Ovie will b there, leading the Russians. Which also include your Malkin and Atlanta's Kovalchuk.

So what's all the hub-bub about him quitting the NHL if they don't let him compete in the 2014 Moscow Olympics?

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Canada will come in 4th or 5th behind Norway, Germany, Russia and the US, like every other Winter Games since the beginning of time.[/QUOTE]

I'm at a toss up between Canada and Russia for gold in hockey. Both teams are pretty much clones of the NHL All Star game.

Kitty Sinatra

He means medal count. I think we were 3rd last time in straight up medals, but lower than that if you weight gold silver and bronze differently.

Canada will win nothing less than silver in hockey, and probably gold in both. The same thing for curling.

Covar

Covar

He means medal count. I think we were 3rd last time in straight up medals, but lower than that if you weight gold silver and bronze differently.

Canada will win nothing less than silver in hockey, and probably gold in both. The same thing for curling.
That's only because only people in Canada know what the hell curling is about.

Kitty Sinatra

Aye, and the same thing with hockey way back when.

I'm still pissed at y'all for stealing our scheme with Basketball.

Chazwozel

That's only because only people in Canada know what the hell curling is about.[/QUOTE]

Oh that's easy. You take a big industrial iron. Give it a shove down the ice and sweep the ice in front of it like a madman and.... profit?

Seriously, this sport was invented by two hosers, drunk on Molson, wasn't it?

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Aye, and the same thing with hockey way back when.

I'm still pissed at y'all for stealing our scheme with Basketball.

Hockey was invented in Russia.

Kitty Sinatra

Seriously, this sport was invented by two hosers, drunk on Molson, wasn't it?
Not at all, Chaz.

It was Labatts.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

A toonie at centre ice?[/QUOTE]

No that was 2002 secret plan, and it was tried again in 2006 to disastrous results. This year we are returning to the Flin Flon Handshake plan.

So what's all the hub-bub about him quitting the NHL if they don't let him compete in the 2014 Moscow Olympics?
The NHL as a whole has not yet agreed to allow it's players to attend the Olympics past 2010.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I'm feeling Miller pulling off what Hasek did in Nagano, though I might be biased.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

This animation managed to make curling seem badass:

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Curling..wait..that's that sport where your score depends a lot on how well your teammates sweep, right?

No wonder my ex-wife never made the US olympic team.

:rimshot:

Chazwozel

A toonie at centre ice?[/QUOTE]

No that was 2002 secret plan, and it was tried again in 2006 to disastrous results. This year we are returning to the Flin Flon Handshake plan.

The NHL as a whole has not yet agreed to allow it's players to attend the Olympics past 2010.[/QUOTE]

Good! Personally, I'm sick of seeing pro athletes in Olympics. The Olympics hockey teams should be college/ world juniors players.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

This animation managed to make curling seem badass:
Heh, the winter olympics are taking place about 1000 miles south of any Inuit.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Sorry Chaz, but there are gonna be NHL players at the next olympics. Bettman is just saying that he doesn't want it so it can be a concession for him to make in the labor talks.

Chazwozel

Sorry Chaz, but there are gonna be NHL players at the next olympics. Bettman is just saying that he doesn't want it so it can be a concession for him to make in the labor talks.

Oh I know.

I'm more miffed that they're using NHL regulation rinks for the Olympics this year.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Yeah, you'd think with the 8 years of notice, they would've figured out a way to make the rink bigger.

Chazwozel

Yeah, you'd think with the 8 years of notice, they would've figured out a way to make the rink bigger.
It's going to be strange. I like NHL hockey and all, but I always enjoy the IIHF style of play during the Olympics.

Kitty Sinatra

I believe I am tired of hearing this song

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I believe I am tired of hearing this song

"This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request."

Weird, cause it shows up on the youtube homepage in the Spotlight section too, but the link won't work from there either. You think someone at CTV put the wrong privacy setting on it?

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Yay, Olympics! Half of our staff are now gone to Vancouver and the rest of us get to work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week until they get back.

I have Olympic fever!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Yay, Olympics! Half of our staff are now gone to Vancouver and the rest of us get to work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week until they get back.

I have Olympic fever!
WOOOOOOOOOO!

Kitty Sinatra

"This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request."
Weird, indeed. But I'm sure all of us Canadians know which song it is, and any of us who watched the Superbowl know why I'm so tired of it already. Mostly because I can't get it out of my head :(

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Weird, indeed. But I'm sure all of us Canadians know which song it is, and any of us who watched the Superbowl know why I'm so tired of it already. Mostly because I can't get it out of my head :([/QUOTE]

I actually have no television, as internet is expensive enough. So I haven't heard it yet.

crono1224

Good! Personally, I'm sick of seeing pro athletes in Olympics. The Olympics hockey teams should be college/ world juniors players.
I never really understood the thought process behind this, Olympics are suppose to be about the best people of every country competing. Now if you exclude every pro person from every single sport I think the quality would drop dramatically.

Covar

Covar

except for the Russians.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

klew

klew

I never really understood the thought process behind this, Olympics are suppose to be about the best people of every country competing. Now if you exclude every pro person from every single sport I think the quality would drop dramatically.[/QUOTE]

It's meant to be about the purity of sport and competition, a way for countries to "fight" each other outside of warfare. If you are already getting paid, your motivations are different. Even though athletes, pro or amateur, can receive prize money or other gifts from their government for bringing home medals, I think offering post-game prizes is a different situation from allowing pro athlete to participate in the Olympics.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

My Polish friend actually printed that out from the original paper's site and showed it to me the other day, and I didn't even notice pedobear right away.
"(laughing) Look!"
"Yeah, its the Canadian Olympic mascots. They're cute."
"Are they?"
".......except that one. That one's pedobear."

Dave

Dave

Introducing the sponsor for the US Curling Team:

Hurry Hard condoms.

Dave

Dave

Georgian luger dies in practice run.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news?slug=txluglugerdies&prov=st&type=lgns

The thing that sucks about this is it's international news and as of the writing of the article nobody had contacted his family.

Zappit

Zappit

And now there's an Olympics death...

Poor guy basically cannonballed into a steel pole going down the luge run. It looks like he didn't last long at all after taking the hit.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Came to post the same story. Holy crap.

That is so terrible.

Looks like there have been several crashes and minor injuries at this track.

klew

klew

Introducing the sponsor for the US Curling Team:

Hurry Hard condoms.
Citius, altius, fortius.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Jesus Christ!

That is insane.

Chazwozel

Poor guy basically cannonballed into a steel pole going down the luge run. It looks like he didn't last long at all after taking the hit.
What I don't get is what idiot engineer designed there to be steel poles right at the exit point on the fastest turn on the track! At the least they could have tunneled off that last stretch with glass boards so instead of, you know, plowing into a steel pillar, he would have just skidded along the boards and slowed down.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

What I don't get is what idiot engineer designed there to be steel poles right at the exit point on the fastest turn on the track! At the least they could have tunneled off that last stretch with glass boards so instead of, you know, plowing into a steel pillar, he would have just skidded along the boards and slowed down.[/QUOTE]

Forethought? That's crazy talk, you crazed crazy person!

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I like that they had a technical malfunction with the cauldron there. Silly America's hat

Dei

Dei

I really liked the *idea* for the torch lighting ceremony, too bad it had mechanical problems. Still looked neat though!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

That speed skating final was hilariously unexpected. I'll bet those Koreans are kicking themselves.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I like hockey, and the x-games sports. Other than that, meh. I don't get pumped for the Olympics anymore. I liked it better when the summer and winter were in the same year, and we had to wait four years. It made it more of a big deal for me.

Philosopher B.

So much damn touching all up in short track speed skating. I swear, after one semifinal, I saw a guy pat another guy on the ass for no good reason.

Also, fuck yeah Bob-Costas fist-bump.

I liked it better when the summer and winter were in the same year, and we had to wait four years. It made it more of a big deal for me.
They were held in the same year?

Edit: Oh, okay. I was apparently 4 the last time that happened.

Chazwozel

I like hockey, and the x-games sports. Other than that, meh. I don't get pumped for the Olympics anymore. I liked it better when the summer and winter were in the same year, and we had to wait four years. It made it more of a big deal for me.
There are just too many things to cover if you do both at the same time.

General Specific

General Specific

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Can we just hurry up and have the USA vs Canada Women's Hockey gold medal game already?
18-0 Canada vs Slovakia, and right now its 8-0 USA vs China, and what's more, this is not exciting hockey to watch either.

OOOOO, the Zambonis are on!

Kitty Sinatra

I was watching that US/China match and thinking that China vs Sweden mght make for a good bronze medal game. Well, not good, but decent. sorta decent anyway. The Chinese looked like they knew what they should be doing even if they couldn't execute at all.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Oh they are for sure playing well. Their goalie is doing a phenomenal job, I'd say. I unfortunately missed the Canada vs Slovakia match but from what I've read the Slovak goalie was really impressive too.

Just at this point, no other country is coming CLOSE to the level of play we see from the Canadian and American women. Women's hockey has not caught on outside of North America with as much intensity as it has within it.

In say, three more winter Olympic games, I predict/hope the playing field will be a little more even, and we'll see some great games thanks to the Swiss, Chinese, and of course the Russians. But at least until 2018, its going to be us and the Yanks battling it out, sez I.

AAAAAND while typing this, score's gone up to 10-0 for the USA.

Men's hockey begins on Tuesday! Can't wait!

*EDIT* YES! China finally scored one!

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Okay, that one China's goalie pretty much just let in.

Kitty Sinatra

I found myself cheering for Slovakia's goalie. Her only problem was that the entire game was played in front of her. No goalie can hold out against that. I was cheering for China, too, but it's just not fun to watch these games.

A lot of the men's are gonna be just as bad, too. Well, they certainly are at the juniors championships.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Finally a gold medal for Canada!

Kitty Sinatra

checkeredhat, have you seen the checkered pants Norway's men's curling team is wearing? Ugly.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I hope no one is drinking budweiser, because ITS MILLER TIME!!!

Dave

Dave

You know what I love about these Olympics? Canadians!!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

You know what I love about these Olympics? Canadians!!

I don't get it. Are we supposed to be hairy? Is that a Canadian stereotype? I've never heard that one. And it makes no sense. We predominantly have the same ancestry as Americans. English, Scottish, Irish and French.

I'm not hairy at all. Now you have me worried. :hmmm:

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------
I hope no one is drinking budweiser, because ITS MILLER TIME!!!

Molson Canadian for me. Normally I drink a classier beer and go with Sleeman's. But Molson's got 28 for 24, plus free Team Canada swag!

Dave

Dave

I saw this while looking through the "Scandinavia and the World" comic. Her post comment reads:

Cue a million \"Canadian women are not hairy!\" comments.

But really, if it surprises you that this is what Sister Canada looks like, then you obviously haven’t been paying attention when reading my comics.

Besides, how else did you think they could keep warm during those icy summers that everybody knows Canada has? (Cue a million \"Canada does not have icy summers!\" comments)

And if nothing else, you know Denmark and Sister Sweden would still do them both.

EDIT: I'm very amused by how scared people are of body hair. Come on people, it's just hair. As in the stuff that grows on your head. How old are you? You act like I drew them vomiting down each other's throats or something.
I wondered who would answer first! (tee hee)

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I saw this while looking through the \\"Scandinavia and the World\\" comic. Her post comment reads:

Cue a million \\\"Canadian women are not hairy!\\\" comments.

But really, if it surprises you that this is what Sister Canada looks like, then you obviously haven’t been paying attention when reading my comics.

Besides, how else did you think they could keep warm during those icy summers that everybody knows Canada has? (Cue a million \\\"Canada does not have icy summers!\\\" comments)

And if nothing else, you know Denmark and Sister Sweden would still do them both.

EDIT: I'm very amused by how scared people are of body hair. Come on people, it's just hair. As in the stuff that grows on your head. How old are you? You act like I drew them vomiting down each other's throats or something.
I wondered who would answer first! (tee hee)
Also your link is broken. it has two https so it wasn't hard to figure out.

I'm merely asking if this is a stereotype I wasn't aware of. And my question remains unanswered. :p

Dave

Dave

I had not heard of it. But it was funny.

Chazwozel

That's a terrible attempt at a stereotype. Here it is properly done:

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Another gold and an 8-0 win in Men's hockey. Good day.

Kitty Sinatra

yeah, we dominated Norway in hockey, but we only just eked out a victory over them in curling. Came down to a damn tough shot with the last rock in an extra end.

Kitty Sinatra

Blech. I just watched the replay of the Women's Snowboard Cross Final. Our Canadian broadcast was just lousy. Halfway down the course, one of the snowboarders falls and that's the moment the camera switches to the next, but shows nothing of consequence to the race . . . until just as their switching off that camera, a second snowboarder goes off course and into a fence. And all the time, the commenters are talking up the Canadian - who happened to have a large lead - and ignoring what's going on in.

I expect better, less jingoistic coverage than this.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Oh Dave, Canadians are as hairy as you are young. You have misread that picture, that isn't excess hair, those are swarms of blackflies. And I'd like to take this opportunity to invite all the women alpine skiers over to my house, got 20 inches of fresh powder last night.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Blech. I just watched the replay of the Women's Snowboard Cross Final. Our Canadian broadcast was just lousy. Halfway down the course, one of the snowboarders falls and that's the moment the camera switches to the next, but shows nothing of consequence to the race . . . until just as their switching off that camera, a second snowboarder goes off course and into a fence. And all the time, the commenters are talking up the Canadian - who happened to have a large lead - and ignoring what's going on in.

I expect better, less jingoistic coverage than this.
No shit, CTV is really hard to watch sometimes. NBC isn't much better though. Kind of SOL when it comes to Olympic coverage.

Dave

Dave

My wife is upset with me because I'm not watching TV with her. My choices last night were American Idol or Figure Skating.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I hope the Chinese lose as well, they are the only professional womens curlers playing at the Olympics, huge advantage in that.

Chazwozel

My wife is upset with me because I'm not watching TV with her. My choices last night were American Idol or Figure Skating.
Holy shit, mine too! I was upstairs playing Dragon Age.

Kitty Sinatra

No shit, CTV is really hard to watch sometimes. NBC isn't much better though. Kind of SOL when it comes to Olympic coverage.
Oh, please don't tell me that NBC is actually better. It wouldn't surprise me, but I remember their previous Olympic coverage being more atrocious than this.

I want CBC to get the Olympics back.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Really should've started this Olympics with a drinking game: take a shot every time a competitor falls. I'd be gloriously drunk for the whole 2 weeks.

Faster, higher, stronger, drunker.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Or for the Winter Olympic coverage from the 90's, drink every time Jim McKay said "up close and personal."

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Oh, please don't tell me that NBC is actually better. It wouldn't surprise me, but I remember their previous Olympic coverage being more atrocious than this.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Really should've started this Olympics with a drinking game: take a shot every time a competitor falls. I'd be gloriously drunk for the whole 2 weeks.

Faster, higher, stronger, drunker.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Nagano was glorious. I loved falling asleep at 4 am to some winter event. That was a fantastic time to watch winter olympics.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I agree. Nagano was glorious. I loved falling asleep at 4 am to some winter event. That was a fantastic time to watch winter olympics.[/QUOTE]

I'm never quite sure if you're being sarcastic.

Oh no! Sweden's making a comeback! Its only 13-1 now!

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I agree. Nagano was glorious. I loved falling asleep at 4 am to some winter event. That was a fantastic time to watch winter olympics.[/QUOTE]

I'm never quite sure if you're being sarcastic.

Oh no! Sweden's making a comeback! Its only 13-1 now![/QUOTE]

There was actually 0 sarcasm there. I fucking loved the Nagano Olympics. I was in Grade 10 at the time and was a rampant insomniac. Watching Olympics all night kept me psuedo-sane.

Kitty Sinatra

Yeah, I watched the shit out of the Nagano Olympics. Especially the curling. And saw it all live.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Canada's goldenboy scores his first Olympic goal in a shootout to reclaim our stake over our game against the team that defeated us and embarassed us 4 years ago? Not the night of bloodthirsty revenge I wanted, but kind of poetic.

Team Canada better pick up their game for Sunday though.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Getting real tired if seeing a goaltender with 50 or more horseshoes up his butt steal games and points from Team Canada.

And god damn Cheryl Bernard is fun to watch!

And Yay Christine Nesbitt!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Getting real tired if seeing a goaltender with 50 or more horseshoes up his butt steal games and points from Team Canada.

And god damn Cheryl Bernard is fun to watch!

And Yay Christine Nesbitt!
Hiller was on fire tonight and Canada was sloppy. Too much ego on our team. Hopefully this will be the wakeup call we need to go into Sunday's game playing like Canada's Olympic team should.

Our men could learn something from our women. Every game they go into is against an opponent they could skate circles around, and so rather than take it easy, THEY SKATE CIRCLES AROUND THEM. A friend of mine compared watching Team Canada tonight to watching the Toronto Maple Leafs. And I'd have to agree. It took until the third period for them to start playing like they should have been all along.

Dei

Dei

WOOT! Go Evan Lysacek!

figmentPez

figmentPez

I like the Chinese curling team

but Canada better kick their ass
Anna Sidorova from the Russian women's curling team:

Best pic I could find, but I'm watching the Russian team play the US team on TV right now, and wow.

Kitty Sinatra

Maybe you can get her to defect while she's here. Though you could probably also just order her in the mail, too.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Hey Chaz,

Good luck!

(Actually I'm predicting a very close match. I'm calling 3-2 for Canada, and also I have a hunch Babcock will replace Brodeur tonight)

Chazwozel

Hey Chaz,

Good luck!

(Actually I'm predicting a very close match. I'm calling 3-2 for Canada, and also I have a hunch Babcock will replace Brodeur tonight)

USA USA USA

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Man I think this game is giving CTV's website a helluva time. the videostream is just barely chugging along.

Chazwozel

Man I think this game is giving CTV's website a helluva time. the videostream is just barely chugging along.
Im watching some Russian stream

blotsfan

blotsfan

You might just not get it, but it is on MSNBC.

Dei

Dei

I'm trying to watch the stream on NBColympics.com but it's breaking up pretty bad. Tied game! Gooooo USA!

General Specific

General Specific

Go Zambonis! Wooo!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

USA scored to bring it up to 3-2, in a very strange clusterf*** in the crease.

Last 3 minutes of this period were insane!

And what does Staal mean "For what?!" (As you could clearly see him yelling at the ref)? You jumped on the American's back. That's holding. Anybody tries to argue that call, they're an idiot.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/video/CTV/index.html#

General Specific

General Specific

Wow, this is getting pretty intense, 4-2 USA now. :D

BErt

DAMN Rafalski, where was this in game 7 last year! :shakes fist at chazwozel:

GO USA, this is crazy...

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Virtually every part of my prediction has already been proven wrong.

Canada's starting to look real tired. They better pull something magnificent here.

BErt

Canada's starting to look real tired. They better pull something magnificent here.
There is the start of it...4-3 now.

if the score holds -- or gets worse -- do you expect luongo in next game?

General Specific

General Specific

Wow, that was a hell of a game.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I was kinda right about Brodeur.

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

There is the start of it...4-3 now.

if the score holds -- or gets worse -- do you expect luongo in next game?[/QUOTE]

I was surprised when Babcock named Brodeur in net for THIS game. If he puts him in against Germany too I'll be shocked.

I love Brodeur, but he's not the shining representatin of Goaltending he once was.

blotsfan

blotsfan

USA! USA! USA!

BErt

This is just one more thing that NBC fucked up though...they have the NHL contract, lets show tape delayed skiing and shove usa/canada hockey to MSNBC. Absolutely terrible on NBC's part. Fantastic showing by USA hockey. Great game all around.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Cheers. Good game.

Chippy

Chippy

USA! USA! USA!

Adam

Adammon

Everything about Brodeur I've already screamed at the TV. All I can is that was a bloody awesome game and some awesome hockey to watch.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Tremendously tremendous.

Shannow

Shannow

Suck it, Canada.

wana10

This is just one more thing that NBC fucked up though...they have the NHL contract, lets show tape delayed skiing and shove usa/canada hockey to MSNBC. Absolutely terrible on NBC's part. Fantastic showing by USA hockey. Great game all around.
completely agree...those idiots. and then they cut away from ice dancing to show a tape of german bobsledding, and then interrupt the bobsled run to go to breaking coverage of the end of the us/canada match...3 hours after the damn thing ended! fuck nbc, no wonder you assholes are losing so much money on these olympics

Covar

Covar

That was a fantastic game. An absolute wonderful display of hockey. Everybody played great.

Now if you excuse me the gloating must start.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

completely agree...those idiots. and then they cut away from ice dancing to show a tape of german bobsledding, and then interrupt the bobsled run to go to breaking coverage of the end of the us/canada match...3 hours after the damn thing ended! fuck nbc, no wonder you assholes are losing so much money on these olympics[/QUOTE]

Now that's just lazy.They broke in live on the east coast, but didn't bother to fix the tape for the west coast? Just more proof that Dick Ebersol is a smurfing idiot.

Dave

Dave

Why not just make all events On Demand? And I don't mean Pay per View but On Demand. Want to watch Sweden/Finland in curling? *click* 12.5K women's biatholon? *click*

We have the technology to do this. You'd think they'd stop trying to please everyone by airing a part here and a part there and just start PLEASING EVERYONE by letting them watch what they wanted.

Chazwozel

Why not just make all events On Demand? And I don't mean Pay per View but On Demand. Want to watch Sweden/Finland in curling? *click* 12.5K women's biatholon? *click*

We have the technology to do this. You'd think they'd stop trying to please everyone by airing a part here and a part there and just start PLEASING EVERYONE by letting them watch what they wanted.
They should have had the US/Canada game live on the HD NBC channel instead of MSNBC.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I totally missed that game! Damn NBC. I just saw some people prancing on ice, and just started watching the last half of the last season of BSG instead.

General Specific

General Specific

It was on MSNBC, which we all agree was dumb, but I guess NBC thought the ice skating would draw a bigger crowd than hockey.

Piotyr

Piotyr

The medal round bracket worked out really nice for team USA also. As the 1 seed, they'll play the Belarus/Switzerland winner, followed by likely the Czech Republic/Finland winner in the semis.

Canada, though? Likely a Germany-Russia-Sweden path to the finals.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

It was on MSNBC, which we all agree was dumb, but I guess NBC thought the ice skating would draw a bigger crowd than hockey.
Figure Skating is the reason the networks pay the millions of dollars for the Winter Games. I doubt that Hockey even came close to the ratings of skating.

darkangel6988

awwww figure skating my favorite....Prolly because I figured skated for about 18 years of my life......Did anyone hear about the poor canadian figure skater Joannie Rochette.....My friend used to skate with her she's from around where I live and her mother landed in Vancouver saturday and died suddenly on Sunday morning.......So tragic......She's still gonna skate I sure hope she does well :( Just had to share that !

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

AND BAHHHHHHHHHHH TO YOU AMERICANS WINNING THE HOCKEY......canada is coming back I swear they have to its what us canadians do lol!

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I was disappointed by the outcome but it's understandable, Canada's weak point is it's goal tending....and coaching.

Dei

Dei

I think it would be amazing if the gold medal game was a US/Canada rematch.

darkangel6988

I agree with that 100%

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I agree with that 100%[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't want to see Canada/Russia in the gold medal game anymore. We'll see them on Wednesday. I want a rematch.

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

Figure Skating is the reason the networks pay the millions of dollars for the Winter Games. I doubt that Hockey even came close to the ratings of skating.[/QUOTE]

Not in Canada.
http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/news/newsid=50024.html#record+audience+canada+u+s+hockey+tilt
VANCOUVER - Canadian fans may not have liked the outcome of Sunday's Canada-U.S. hockey game, but the Olympic broadcaster has something to celebrate: The game has become the most-watched sports program in Canadian history.

Canada's Olympic Broadcast Media Consortium reported an average audience of 10.6 million viewers, surpassing the 2002 Salt Lake City Canada-U.S. gold-medal game's 10.3 million viewers.

In total, 21.5 million people, or nearly two in three Canadians, tuned in for at least part of the match.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

But we are talking about NBC, Americans as a whole don't watch that much hockey. Hence, what was supposed to be one of the greatest games ever, got put on a channel that hardly anyone knows about.

Alex B.

This is the first time I've really watched the Winter Olympics since I was a kid. I recall really enjoying them back when I had a big crush on Kristi Yamaguchi. I'm liking it, but I've noticed a few things:

• Skeleton sounds like something someone suggested as a joke, but they were taken seriously. "Hey guys, luge is for wimps, amiright? You should turn it around! No, wait, I was kidding!"
  • The ski jump appears to be less a jump so much as a fall off the edge of a ramp.
  • It is hilarious that people consider Johnny Weir's costumes to be more ridiculous than the other skaters'.
  • Snowboarding is more fun to watch than it has any right to be, and the boarders are surprisingly popular for people whose fashion is stuck in the mid-'90s.
  • I'm not sure if ice dancing is a real thing or is someone is playing an elaborate hoax on me. It is silly.

Dave

Dave

Also:

• Curling is surprisingly hypnotic, even if I have no idea really what's going on.
  • I still don't like women's hockey.
  • Style points for ski jumping? Really? Not just who can fly the farthest? That's dumb!
  • Short track speed skating rocks all kinds of ass.
  • I hate ANY sport where opinionated judging determines the outcomes.
  • NBC, for all its history and money, can't broadcast their way out of a paper sack.
I'm actually watching a lot more Olympics than I thought I would. They are actually showing sports they normally don't. It used to be nothing more than hockey & figure skating. Too bad they keep breaking away and showing other things in the middle of events you were watching.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I hate ANY sport where opinionated judging determines the outcomes.
I could not agree more. I hate how much of the winter olympics is determined by a judges score card.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

They need to rename figure skating, since they no longer skate figures onto the ice. (figure 8's etc.)

Call it prancing on blades...

Dei

Dei

But it's fun to watch Russians named Plushenko cry and cry and cry. :p
http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-features/news/newsid=441532.html?__source=msnhomepage&cid=

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Yeah, I actually had a bit of boredom and saw him skate. Plushenko may have attempted a 4 spin jump, but he did not land any jumps well after that. And he just can't comprehend that he had a bad night of it.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Plushenko is aware he puts on boots that have thin strips of metal attached, goes onto frozen water, and spins around to music, right? It's not that big of a deal.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Curling is the greatest bar game turned into an Olympic sport.

Kitty Sinatra

* Curling is surprisingly hypnotic, even if I have no idea really what's going on.
It's my favorite [strike]sport[/strike] game in the Olympics. It helps that I play(ed) it, I suppose.

Plus, Canada is rocking and the US is sucking at it, so Wewt! :p

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

And if you really don't know the absolute basics:

At the end of each End, the team closest to the center scores one point for each stone in the rings that is closer to the center than any of the other team's stones.

The different color rings mean absolutely nothing. They are just visual guides to help determine distance to the center (which is called the "button").

Also, sweeping actually does make a difference. And it's enough of a difference that, at the elite level, women can't compete with men simply because they can't put the same force into the sweeping. You see this in the tendency for men's curling to have more stones in play because the harder sweeping allows them to play more finesse shots that can take advantage of the crowded rings.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Curling is also the only sport where every athlete has a microphone. And it's awesome that the Canadian womens team has an extra player over the other countries.

Kitty Sinatra

Oh yeah. That was perhaps what really hooked me on the sport way back when - hearing the players discussing the shots.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

8-2 win over Germany. Crowd was chanting "We want Russia! We want Russia!" during the third period.

I have tonnes of work to do at the studio tomorrow night, but just as I did tonight, I'm going to take many many breaks to go and catch Canada-vs Russia on the TV in the hallway outside.

Kitty Sinatra

8-2 Germany
You make that sound like Germany won.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

8-2 Germany
You make that sound like Germany won.[/QUOTE]

Huh. I definitely wrote "8-2 OVER Germany. Must have been a hiccup with Firefox while I was typing. Kinda funny.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Man, Weber and his fucking cannon. I'm sure the German goalie got out of the way just in time to not have a hole in his glove.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Man, Weber and his fucking cannon. I'm sure the German goalie got out of the way just in time to not have a hole in his [STRIKE]glove[/STRIKE] head.
FTFY ;)

Dei

Dei

Curse having to use the internet to watch hockey.

Dave

Dave

Weber has a cannon all right. Too bad the US team is CANNON-PROOF!

Chazwozel

Weber has a cannon all right. Too bad the US team is CANNON-PROOF!

Ryan Miller definitely is credited for the US win over Canada. I gotta laugh at Babcock's decision not to play Fleury yet. He's the only 'playoffs' successful goalie they have. That's what they need.

Dei

Dei

Intense ending to the 2nd period of the U.S. Swiss game. Still 0-0 going into the 3rd since the U.S. got the puck in the net .1 seconds too late.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Man, was watching some replays of the 2 man women's bobsled from last night and USA 1 had just taken the lead before Canada 1 took it back from them. The camera pans to the USA 1's reaction and like a split second before they realized they were on camera, they had the most intense looks of disappointment on their faces before beaming happily at the camera. I lost my shit, that was hilarious.

On hockey, man, if Canada gets past Russia, it's likely the Swedes then probably the US again.

If we go all the way, then that is one earned God damn medal.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Clara Hughes!

Kitty Sinatra

I gotta laugh at Babcock's decision not to play Fleury yet. He's the only 'playoffs' successful goalie they have.
He's won 3 Stanley Cups and an Olympic gold medal?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Well that was entertaining. :) Who's next for Canada?

Jay

Jay

That was a great game. I wanted them to beat Russia soundly... but damn. What a performance!

darkangel6988

GO CANADA GO !

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

That was just.... amazing. Holy shit. Oh god. Keep playing like that, and we're in the Gold Medal game for sure. We may get our USA rematch afterall. :D

Two of my friends and I set up shop in the hallway, sitting on the chairs the school has there watching the school's flatscreen TV while "doing our layouts" (Re: I drew 4 rocks and two character poses) while watching the game. Crowds formed and dispersed and reformed as other students periodically came to catch 5 minutes here and there.

GO CANADA GO!

oh, and NHL>KHL. Sorry Russia, but its true.

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

Also Should celebrate the Gold and two silvers we also won today!

It is a good day.

Jay

Jay

Those KHL players were definitely 2nd rate compared to the NHL players. At some moments, geez, I was scared for them.

klew

klew

I'll be there on Friday watching the US and Finland play together.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I feel for Malkin and Gonchar, but last night showed once again why Ovechkin is still a punk. Quitting when the chips are down.

Chazwozel

I feel for Malkin and Gonchar, but last night showed once again why Ovechkin is still a punk. Quitting when the chips are down.
I didn't see the game, but I heard Gonch rocketed a good sniper shot in.

Wahad

Wahad

/meh at Sven Kramer's coach.

For those who don't know, Sven Kramer is the best male long-distance skater for the Dutch. He was going on a good time and definitely woulda won the gold medal on the somethingsomething distance /but/ his coach steered him into the wrong lane, thereby disqualifying him.

Oh well.

Chazwozel

Tomorrow Finland is going DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You hot tubbing, no pants wearing, mint munchers!!!!!!!!!!!

USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!

Dave

Dave

Mint munchers?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

us us us?

I am using the standard view, and the "A's" disappear.

Dave

Dave

US! US! US!

Never - EVER - shall it be YOU! YOU! YOU!

Chazwozel

Mint munchers?

I couldn't come up with a third insult so I used Willie's toward Principal Skinner's. "Ya croquet playing, mint muncher!" "Grease yourself up and go in. You guff speaking, work slacker!"

redthirtyone

redthirtyone

So - finally getting around to watching some curling. 2002 was so great b/c curling wasn't as popular, thus got relegated to the wee hours when I was better able to watch. Now I've caught bits & pieces.

I must say that the Swiss third here (Carmen Schafer) is doing wonders for my attention span. The Canadian skip ain't too bad either. But they both have my weakness - non-brown eyes w/ non-blonde hair.

Now that I've got my sexist comments outta the way :p - the curling hasn't been terribly clean. Don't think I remember Mirjam making this many errors for the entire time in Torino as she's made in the last couple of ends here. But whatta I know - I watch this stuff once every four years.

Caught the last 10 mins of the US-Canada game the other night too. Was exciting stuff. Still doesn't beat Stanley Cup hockey though.

Edit: a'ight - take it back. That was a pretty awesome shot by Ott threading the needle like that.

Edit 2: Bah - nm :)

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Whoot Canada into the Womens Curling Finals! More Cheryl Bernard, moar I say!

Also Finland won the bronze in womens hockey! Sweden has gone from best result possible four years ago to nothing in Olympic Hockey.

Looking for Finland to continue the trend on Friday against the US. Canada gold, Finland silver, Slovakia bronze.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Also Finland won the bronze in womens hockey! Sweden has gone from best result possible four years ago to nothing in Olympic Hockey.

Looking for Finland to continue the trend on Friday against the US. Canada gold, Finland silver, Slovakia bronze.
No no! I don't want to hear that prediction! I want a rematch for Gold, in which we dominate the USA like we should have in the first place anyway.

Dei

Dei

No no! I don't want to hear that prediction! I want a rematch for Gold, in which we will be dominated by the USA like we were in the first place.[/QUOTE]

FTFY >.>

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

No no! I don't want to hear that prediction! I want a rematch for Gold, in which we will be dominated by the USA like we were in the first place.[/QUOTE]

FTFY >.>[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of the Russians crying.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

How do you dominate a team by getting outshot 2 to 1? Miller won that game, Brodeur lost it, snip snap snout.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

How do you dominate a team by getting outshot 2 to 1? Miller won that game, Brodeur lost it, snip snap snout.
Yeah, I'd hardly call that dominating. Outshot 44-18 and winning by 2 (one because of a pulled goalie) is not dominating, its being incredibly lucky.

However, 7-3? How's that feel Russia? You faired only MILDLY better than the Germans.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Thought folks might like this.

Nate Silver, known better for calculating ridiculously accurate election results and tearing apart politically-shaped statistics, has been running a medal count projection using consensus projections across the media and 3rd-party betting odds.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/search/label/sports

Currently projecting the US to win the final medal count by 4, but for Canada to win the gold medal count by 4 or 5.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Well Canada will play for gold in both men and womens curling, is currently winning the gold medal game in womens hockey and based on last night, looks to be playing for gold in mens hockey. 3/4 guaranteed medals for Canada, most likely gold in all 4.

Dei

Dei

Now Now, I was just altering text in an amusing way, no need to go all Canadian Hockey Rage on me!

darkangel6988

I'm watching the figure skating.......I hope Joannie Rochette comes in 3rd........So sad that her mom died. I'll be glued to my tv all night.......I don't get curling at all !

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

AAAAaaaaaaaand Shutout victory!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

That was good hockey messed up by weird refs. Half the time they were whistling like a construction site, the other half couldn't call a cab.

Still one more Gold for Canada!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Gold in Women's Hockey and a Bronze for Rochette. Figure Skating may not be a real sport, but thats still a real medal added to our growing collection. And, seriously, now she can finally rest a bit and grieve. I can't imagine how hard this has been for her.
Currently projecting the US to win the final medal count by 4, but for Canada to win the gold medal count by 4 or 5.
I'll take that.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/va...-Canadian-women-s-hockey-team-?urn=oly,224338

wait, what? a couple of hockey players might get their team in trouble by celebrating the GOLD MEDAL VICTORY with beer and cigars. /facepalm

Chazwozel

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/va...-Canadian-women-s-hockey-team-?urn=oly,224338

wait, what? a couple of hockey players might get their team in trouble by celebrating the GOLD MEDAL VICTORY with beer and cigars. /facepalm

IOC is run by a bunch of dinosaurs, what do you expect?

Frank

Frankie Williamson

IOC is run by a bunch of dinosaurs, what do you expect?[/QUOTE]

Women are allowed to smoke in Canada!? THIS ISN'T PROPER, RANDOLPH!

General Specific

General Specific

I heard that it was because one of the players was underage.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

well crap, guess she can not drive any longer.

Chazwozel

well crap, guess she can not drive any longer.
HA!

Dave

Dave

And it's a non-smoking facility. BURN THEM!

Philosopher B.

One year off the drinking age, big whoop. Also, it's a shame Scotty Lago had to leave Vancouver over the medal-biting thing. Damn, whaddaya expect people in their teens and twenties to do when they win fricking Olympic medals.

Though granted, it might have been a better idea for the Canadian team to celebrate off the ice.

TommiR

TommiR

Vitulla päähän...

Icehockey USA-FIN. Less than 10 minutes into the game.

Score: 3-0

Ei tätä selvinpäin voi kattoo...

Dei

Dei

9 minutes into the U.S./Finland game and U.S. is already up 3. Not looking good for Finland.

Damn sniped!

Chazwozel

I'm willing to bet that it's gonna be US-Canada in the Gold medal game while Finland and Slovakia for the Bronze.

Dei

Dei

4 goals in 7 shots for the U.S. Finland goalie = replaced.

Chazwozel

4 goals in 7 shots for the U.S. Finland goalie = replaced.

Jesus, they should call me up. I'd have only 3 in thus far. ;)

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I'm willing to bet that it's gonna be US-Canada in the Gold medal game while Finland and Slovakia for the Bronze.
Looks that way, I'm gonna spend my first free night since these God damn Olympics started getting blitzed at the bar watching Canada Slovakia tonight.

Dei

Dei

Wow, 6-0. This isn't even worth giving more than a cursory glance at now.

TommiR

TommiR

TommiR, logging off and hitting the bottle.

Chazwozel

Wow, 6-0. This isn't even worth giving more than a cursory glance at now.

I can't watch since I'm at work. Are we still in the 1st period?!?!?

Dei

Dei

Yep.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Eggs eggs eggs eggs eggs eggs eggs eggs eggs!

:cry:

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

We're coming for you.

And Csnada is now in the lead for gold medals!

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

I heard that it was because one of the players was underage.
She is of age in her home province and in the province tthe team trains in. Just not in BC.

klew

klew

I was at the US-Finland game, got tired fast when nothing happened in the second period, and everyone loved it when Finland scored in the 3rd period.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Marian Hossa defected and un-defected three times during the CAN-SVK game last night.

blotsfan

blotsfan

She is of age in her home province and in the province tthe team trains in. Just not in BC.
So she's underage.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

So she's underage.[/QUOTE]

Yes. But I do feel like it makes it less of a big deal. I know that LEGALLY, it changes nothing, but my own personal perception is that its not as bad as the press is making it out to be.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

The big problem is how it hurts womens hockey at the Olympics. It is on shakey ground as it stands and cannot afford this negative image.

Espy

Espy

http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/blogs/po...nt-of-condoms-headed-to-olympic-athletes.html

Sounds like there is some gold metal humping going on .

Jay

Jay

Our Father, who art in GM Place, hockey be thy name. Thy will be done, GOLD to be WON on ICE as well as IN THE STANDS. Give us this day, our hockey sticks, and forgive us our penalties, as we forgive those who crosscheck against us. Lead us not into elimination, but deliver us to victory ...in the name of the FANS, CANADA, and the HOLY PUCK. AMEN!!!!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

They're slacking off. In Beijing they ran out midway through the *first* week. :wub:

figmentPez

figmentPez

Are they U.S. Curling Association "Hurry Hard Condoms"?

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

And Martin did it! A gold in curling brings us to 13, tying the Winter Olympic record!

Kitty Sinatra

With hockey tomorrow, we'll own the record.

And I suppose that means we'll have owned the podium, too. Blech.

crono1224

I suppose what is better total # of medals vs # of gold, I can see it both ways.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Damn Straight!
Not necessarily, the COC did say that the Own The Podium program's goal was to win the most total medals, and that it has failed.

But personally, I think this is a more accurate definition of the term, and I read that the COC wants to shift their focus to more gold medals, and that might be the smart move too.

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

I suppose what is better total # of medals vs # of gold, I can see it both ways.
I disagree. I think total golds is a much better indicator.

second and third place are arbitrary positions. Why'd we stop at three? We could have kept going. But one person/ team indisputably wins the event.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Bah, we'll win the 50k mass start as well!

crono1224

Because even though you have won several events, its possible that we had several 1-2 finish's which i would rate higher than having one person finish first than your next country man be in last.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Because even though you have won several events, its possible that we had several 1-2 finish's which i would rate higher than having one person finish first than your next country man be in last.
And how do you rate the events where countries are limited to a single entrant?

Also, yay Kwame Nkrumah-Acheampong! You kicked Bode Millers ass!

crono1224

I dunno how do you rate the fact that there are a fair amount of the world athletes that train in the USA but aren't american citizens :D

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I dunno how do you rate the fact that there are a fair amount of the world athletes that train in the USA but aren't american citizens :D
I dunno, but a lot of their coaches seem to be Canadian. :p

(Just to keep this completely ridiculous discussion we've found ourselve in going)

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Finland leading Slovakia!

Best part of curling today? All the women in the crowd chanting for the Canadians to take off their shirts and Norwegians to take off their pants.

TommiR

TommiR

Damn. In the Finland-Slovakia ice hockey bronze medal game, Slovakia just equalized 1-1. Half-way in the second period.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

And Slovakia with a 2 goal lead now.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Bring it, we're waiting for you.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Finland just tied it back up at 3-3. Crazy.

TommiR

TommiR

Bronze medal for Finland, score 5-3.

Me is content. For a little while there, I was worried if the team could pull itself together after the disaster of the USA game.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Go Finland! What a turnaround! from 3-1 against at the beginning of the third to 5-3 for at the end of it!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Wow, Russia is kicking some major butt! 10 medals in the first 2 days!

Troll

Troll

Wow, Russia is kicking some major butt! 10 medals in the first 2 days!
??

Rob King

Rob King

He's from the future. He's telling us about the 2014 olympics ahead of time, so we each get a chance to place some outrageous bets with our friends.

Kitty Sinatra

Or, y'know, the Paralympics

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Step away from the Gruebeard everyone, he's exhibiting high levels of awesome today!

No gold yet for Canada but we got a silver, and man does the goalie for Italy have a quick glove hand.

Rob King

Rob King

Or, y'know, the Paralympics
Pfft. I thought the future Olympics was a much cooler explanation.