A Religion With No Skeletons in the Closet

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Element 117

Nixon wasn't the Quaker. It was actually Winters, but it turned out even he wasn't one.
:D well done dave[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU!!! God I thought nobody caught that!

But here's my serious answer to Nick:

No. And the reason that no is the answer to your question is because in any organization where someone has to be the leader it will eventually corrupt due to Human greed and drive for power. Each religion started fine but was bastardized by those down the road trying to solidify their own power base. Same with sports organizations, governments, PTAs, Scout troops, etc. No organization is exempt. The real question for these organizations is whether they can weather the badness and stay viable and reject the dark side. Some organizations learned how to do this and have been stable for years. But the bigger the organization the harder it is to keep the skeletons from said closets. It's just too impossible to completely oversee.[/QUOTE]

Why's everyone hating on Nick?[/QUOTE]

Because you were late as usual, so we had to make do with the stand in scape goat. Now here, take this crown of thorns and go stand over there by that cross. I'll be over to flay you in a minute, I just need to find some rope.

Nixon wasn't the Quaker. It was actually Winters, but it turned out even he wasn't one.
:D well done dave[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU!!! God I thought nobody caught that!

But here's my serious answer to Nick:

No. And the reason that no is the answer to your question is because in any organization where someone has to be the leader it will eventually corrupt due to Human greed and drive for power. Each religion started fine but was bastardized by those down the road trying to solidify their own power base. Same with sports organizations, governments, PTAs, Scout troops, etc. No organization is exempt. The real question for these organizations is whether they can weather the badness and stay viable and reject the dark side. Some organizations learned how to do this and have been stable for years. But the bigger the organization the harder it is to keep the skeletons from said closets. It's just too impossible to completely oversee.[/QUOTE]

Why's everyone hating on Nick?[/QUOTE]

Because you were late as usual, so we had to make do with the stand in scape goat. Now here, take this crown of thorns and go stand over there by that cross. I'll be over to flay you in a minute, I just need to find some rope.[/QUOTE]

It's just like high school.

Why ask that? Would you prefer people to give him an answer that there's a religion made of candy and unicorns?

I don't see any hate, just reasoned responses stating that adopting a religion based solely on it being free of "skeletons" is silly.
I never took any response so far as hating. Also, I never said that I wasn't adopting any religion due to skeletons in the closet. It was more of a curiosity than anything else.

I

Iaculus

I dunno - Scientology, for instance, has only been around since the fifties, and they got started on the up-fucking pretty early.

Beer Church - Let There Be Beer

For $20 you can be a Beer Church minister

Ministerial Vows
A Beer Church Minister must be devoted to the following:
1. Promote the goodness of Beer with the spirit of unity, peace, goodwill and charity.
2. Never damage the reputation of Beer by drinking it irresponsibly, or by letting the consumption of Beer result in harm to anyone or anything that is not yours to harm.
3. Drink beer and like it. Continually strive to prove yourself worthy of your title.
4. Make Beer Church proud of you.

Beer Church - Let There Be Beer

For $20 you can be a Beer Church minister

Ministerial Vows
A Beer Church Minister must be devoted to the following:
1. Promote the goodness of Beer with the spirit of unity, peace, goodwill and charity.
2. Never damage the reputation of Beer by drinking it irresponsibly, or by letting the consumption of Beer result in harm to anyone or anything that is not yours to harm.
3. Drink beer and like it. Continually strive to prove yourself worthy of your title.
4. Make Beer Church proud of you.
Ha, worshipping Thor is a better alcohol related religion then that one... DOWN WITH THE TREES!

Status
Not open for further replies.