All right, you knuckleheads!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I ended up working until only 12 Tuesday and then jetted out as quickly as possible to beat the weather. Going from Omaha to Colorado Springs was supposed to be an adventure. We hit the road about 1:50 CST and I drove an average of 76 MPH, which counts being in town and several construction areas. This means on the open road I was doing about 90 or so. voom.

Everything was hunky dory until I hit Brush, Colorado. Then all hell broke loose. We saw trucks going into ditches, one guy was off the side down a big fucking hill and there was a semi that I honestly couldn't tell if he was on his side or just listing lazily to the left. But they all had people already stopped to help them and if we stopped we weren't getting moving again so we continued on at a slow crawl.

It then cleared up and the next 35 miles to Denver were great.

And then we started going South to the Springs.

Oh. My. God. The snow was very, very difficult to see through and the people driving around me were acting as if nothing was going on. It was the most harrowing hour of driving I've ever spent. By the time we slipped and slid into Colorado Springs, my hands were cramping and my eyes hurt from concentration. But we made it.

Come to find out that we had a storm roll up behind us and roll in after us so we timed it incredibly good and had the absolute minimum that we'd get on the trip.

So I'm here and jacked in through someone's unsecured wifi. I may check in a couple times before Sunday. I'll see what I can do about Shego and Ame taking over in my absence.

Merry Christmas!

Glad to hear you made it in safe :)

R

Rubicon

Anyone else actually LOVE the new banner?

Like, when Dave comes back and we upgrade the forum, I think our banner should be in this style

Obviously with the Ame/Shego but I like the tid bits of our forum culture up there and of course the memes we've found hilarious, that is very original and really makes it look A LOT better than before

Status
Not open for further replies.