All your guns are belong in this thread.

Took the rifle, and my pistol (which i haven't shot since changing the trigger mechanism and springs to a lighter pull) to the range today.

1598136873690.png

At 10 yards with the 9mm pistol. I'm way out of practice :(

It's kinda useless to post pics of the AR-15 targets, because I was sighting in a red dot optic the whole time on them, so out of 40 rounds, a lot of them are way off, and only the last 5-10 or so were properly sighted in.

Dave

Staff member
So I'm looking to buy a weapon. But when I looked they were all over the place for price. What sucks is if I do this I won't be able to afford my computer upgrade. Mother fucker.

Dave

Staff member
Well, I'm really, REALLY good with a rifle, but that's kind of unwieldy. So probably just a 9 mm of some sort. I'll check out the link.

It really sucks I have to be doing this. I got rid of all my weapons when I left the Corps and got married to a woman who had a kid. I don't WANT to have to get a weapon. It's fucking stupid.

You can still get Mossberg Maverick 88s (a very decent 12 ga shotgun) for under $200 brand new.
This is my advice too. If you want it for home defense, you can't beat the price, reliability, and ease of use of your basic 12-gauge shotgun. It's got other advantages too:

- Simply cocking a shotgun is a field tested and researched deterrent. Everybody knows what that sound is and what it means. People have lost their nerve and surrendered just hearing it.
- Buckshot is much less likely to tear through your walls and hit someone on the other side (though it might, so still be careful).

Seconded. If you're buying specifically for home defense, shotgun should be your first acquisition.
Make sure to get one with a fully open cylinder (i.e., with no choke whatsoever).

--Patrick

So I'm looking to buy a weapon. But when I looked they were all over the place for price. What sucks is if I do this I won't be able to afford my computer upgrade. Mother fucker.
This 'cause of your dumbass brother? If you want something cheap there's always the Yeet Cannon, assuming you can find one.

- Simply cocking a shotgun is a field tested and researched deterrent. Everybody knows what that sound is and what it means. People have lost their nerve and surrendered just hearing it.
I wonder if anybody has ever tried to Kevin McCallister it and use a recording of that sound to ward someone off.

GasBandit

Staff member
RE: Yeet Cannons, they're Hi-Point. I looked into Hi-Points a while back (because they are so cheap), and found that they have a reputation for unreliability. I would not trust a Hi-Point in any situation where a life is at stake.

I mostly just wanted an excuse to point out there's a gun called the Yeet Cannon. Though I've heard they're actually fairly reliable, just ugly as shit.

GasBandit

Staff member
I mostly just wanted an excuse to point out there's a gun called the Yeet Cannon. Though I've heard they're actually fairly reliable, just ugly as shit.
The guys I talked to about them said basically, "look, you couldn't get me to stand down range of a guy using one, but it definitely wouldn't set my mind at ease to have one as my only defense option, either."

You're all ignoring the best part about that product page.
It's an info page for a handgun, but of course because CA, it has to run a disclaimer about how some components may contain materials which are known to the state of CA to cause cancer and/or reproductive harm.

--Patrick

If you get the SD9VE, though, I totally recommend the Apex Tactical spring kit replacement.
The guy in the video makes it look easy. This isn't the same video they had before--that guy also made it look easy. They both did it in about 15 minutes. Took me closer to an hour--and I nearly lost a spring when I shot it across the room.

But, it took my trigger pull down to like 6lbs, and made the gun much nicer to fire. It was a gun show purchase and had the Massachusetts compliant 10.5lb trigger pull, because it lacks a safety.

Last edited:
$300....hard to beat. (and, of course, like most /r/GunDeals sales, it went out of stock minutes after being posted)
I looked around at M9A1 and 92X Compact pricing for something he might be more used to, but those seem to be hovering right around $650.

--Patrick

IMHO anyone who buys a limited-edition TALO Colt Defender and straps it to his face in such a manner as to make it near-impossible to draw effectively while simultaneously pointing it at very important parts of one's anatomy deserves to be ridiculed for it...especially since he is so dumb that he bought the Democrat-colored one.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
I'm not looking. My cousin who works for the DHS is going to be there packing and he's aware of the situation.

Went out shooting with my wife again today. The rust is coming off my skill set nicely.

The range guys told us about a 'competition mode' on the range target system, since we were shooting side-by-side. She jokingly asked if we wanted to do it when we hit the lanes, but I declined.

About halfway through this target, I feel her looking at me through the plexiglass, so I look over, and she flips me off

1599939596859.png

(her target didn't look nearly as nice, and she was shooting 5 yards closer lol).

This time around, I was practicing my more rapid shooting, trying to reacquire the target as fast as I could and just squeeze the rounds off. I'd guess about 0.5-1 second, give or take, between shots.