All your guns are belong in this thread.

Calico 9mm SMG: Fiddly gun, can't get past 400 rounds without an issue.

AK-47: You can force this this to fire more than 600 rounds in a row, WHILE it's on fire, if you're willing to slam it into a table.

You can force this this to fire more than 600 rounds in a row, WHILE it's on fire, if you're willing to slam it into a table.
I think after putting > 1k rounds through it, slamming it into a table would be little more than a welcome diversion for it. Also if you haven’t destroyed the table after the first dozen or so magazines, I doubt hitting it will be any more effective.

—-Patrick

Picked up a couple of entry-level crossbows for home defense/playing around with. They're not legal to hunt with in Oregon and it looks like the state has no intention of ever changing that, but I didn't buy them for hunting, so that's not an issue. Really wish there were better resources for knowing the local open-carry laws aside from hunting guides, though. Can I open carry my crossbow? I don't know! Can I open carry my SAW through town? 100% yes!

But on the subject of rifles, I know Barrett is good for large caliber rifles, but they're mostly sold out. The problem of coming back to guns after so long. Who are Barrett's competitors?

Who are Barrett's competitors?
Assuming you mean for hunting prey (and not for, say, disabling a vehicle), then you are probably looking for something chambered in 7.62x54, .30-06, 7mm Mag, or .300 WMR. There are many more, but these are commonly available.
A quick search shows manufacturers of such bolt-action rifles include Weatherby, Remington, Savage, Mauser, Franchi, Bergara, Winchester, Browning, and more I don’t recognize (Howa, CZ, Christensen, etc).
Remington Arms apparently went out of business a few months ago, which came as a bit of a surprise to me, but there are still plenty of rifles in the channel.

EDIT: I left off .308 as another caliber to look for. Its performance is similar to that of the 7.62x54 but with slightly longer reach.

—Patrick

Last edited:
Remington Arms apparently went out of business a few months ago, which came as a bit of a surprise to me, but there are still plenty of rifles in the channel.

—Patrick
Remington, aside from having a bazillion creditors, was about to be sued out of existence by the Sandy Hooks families... and that was after a previous restructuring. I personally believe they are breaking up the business to prevent the lawsuit from going forward, while protecting the assets by dividing them up into entities that can't be held liable for the event.

Assuming you mean for hunting prey (and not for, say, disabling a vehicle), then you are probably looking for something chambered in 7.62x54, .30-06, 7mm Mag, or .300 WMR. There are many more, but these are commonly available.
A quick search shows manufacturers of such bolt-action rifles include Weatherby, Remington, Savage, Mauser, Franchi, Bergara, Winchester, Browning, and more I don’t recognize (Howa, CZ, Christensen, etc).

EDIT: I left off .308 as another caliber to look for. Its performance is similar to that of the 7.62x54 but with slightly longer reach.

—Patrick
What if I'm hunting Blue Birds and Greyhounds? 50 BMG is pretty much it, right? I mean, aside from 37mm or 40mm grenades? Also, I should point out, Oregon has very lax limitations on weapons ownership.

Remington, aside from having a bazillion creditors, was about to be sued out of existence by the Sandy Hooks families... and that was after a previous restructuring. I personally believe they are breaking up the business to prevent the lawsuit from going forward, while protecting the assets by dividing them up into entities that can't be held liable for the event.
That's utter bullshit, btw, because everybody knows the brand name on the receiver did not cause those deaths, it was the finger on the trigger that did, but GUNZ BAD*. But I realize that sometimes even being right is not enough to prevent being SLAPPed out of existence if your opponents are sufficiently motivated and/or numerous.
What if I'm hunting Blue Birds and Greyhounds? 50 BMG is pretty much it, right?
The phrase you're probably looking for is "anti-materiel."
Oregon has very lax limitations on weapons ownership.
Wikipedia said:
In the United States, Washington, D.C. disallows registration of .50 BMG rifles, thus rendering civilian possession unlawful. California prohibits the private purchase of a rifle capable of firing the .50 BMG through the .50 Caliber BMG Regulation Act of 2004. Connecticut specifically bans the Barrett 82A1 .50 BMG rifle. However, .50 BMG rifles registered prior to the enacted bans remain lawful to possess in California and Connecticut. Maryland imposes additional regulations on the sale and transfer of .50 BMG rifles and other "regulated firearms", and limits purchases of any firearm within this class to one per month, but does not impose registration requirements or any form of categorical ban.
If you want to limit yourself to 50 BMG, the only other names I saw in a "for sale" search were Armalite's AR-50A1 and the Remington R2MI, though there are apparently plenty of other models. They're all ridiculously heavy 20-40lb and ridiculously expensive (to buy AND to feed), though.

--Patrick
*Except in cases where GUNZ MA FUNDAM3NTAL RIGHT of course.

That's utter bullshit, btw, because everybody knows the brand name on the receiver did not cause those deaths, it was the finger on the trigger that did, but GUNZ BAD*. But I realize that sometimes even being right is not enough to prevent being SLAPPed out of existence if your opponents are sufficiently motivated and/or numerous.
They repeatedly, intentionally advertised the Bushmaster in a fashion that was not only irresponsible, but was designed to highlight it's effectiveness in a use that, as a civilian firearm, it should not and would not be used. It's the equivalent of making pesticides and highlighting it's effectiveness at killing humans if you make them drink it... except you actually designed the chemicals to do that the entire time and profited off of people's fantasies of poisoning their neighbors... and that's a position coming from someone who is generally pro-gun rights!

To be frank, they deserved some punishment for that amount of sheer irresponsiblity and yes, it's about god damn time that the families of victims had SOME means of being compensated for the tragedies they and their families had to endure. You can argue this isn't the right way to go about it (I might agree; I think instead that all gun companies that produce such weaponery should be forced to pay into a fund to compensate the victims of such tragedies, funded by the sale of such weapons, if we're just not going to do anything about such events) but legally the victims and their families have been left with few options for redress.

They repeatedly, intentionally advertised the Bushmaster in a fashion that was not only irresponsible, but was designed to highlight it's effectiveness...
This tells me that I do not know as much about the case as I thought I did.

EDIT: To clarify, @AshburnerX , I did not know the currently pending case hinges on the manufacturer-endorsed marketing of the weapon, which appears crafted so as to entice buyers by emotionally appealing to their power fantasies rather than matter-of-factly stating its specs or capabilities, and I definitely agree that the marketing materials for weapons are not an appropriate place for romanticizing how they should be employed.

--Patrick

Last edited:
Ammo shortage? Not if you know where to troll on the internet ;)
Unfortunately, prices are still high..ended up paying 82 cpr for these

1607369733091.png

Nerf guns count?
I’m getting my 4, almost 5, year old some nerf guns for Christmas and thought I should get a desk gun in case he decides to ambush me.

846D91E3-50C7-4CF4-9F3C-7B4C0E3EBC1D.jpeg

I think this may be more gun than I needed. :rofl: