Amazing snack/junk food you miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you remember O'Ryan's chips?

Hostess' brand of rippled sour cream and onion and sour cream and bacon chips that existed until Lays complete takeover of Hostess and the phasing out of the Hostess brands for the similar (BUT VASTLY INFERIOR) Lays brands like Ruffles.

Ruffles are shit compared to the once great ultimately crunchy O'Ryan's. I was pondering today how a sack of O'Ryan's got me through the chicken pox. My throat was so itchy from the sores lining it that I was swallowing huge chunks of the immensely thick chips to scratch it. Good times.

You are the snack food I miss the most.

That little picture is all I could find.

I remember them, they were not that big in my area, mostly because we had a fantastic local cheezee maker that dominated the snack foods.

Little research shows that the North American brand got absorbed by Hostess-Frito Lays and discontinued, but the foreign rights eventually passed to ETA. ETA still makes them, but they have been rebranded as Spuds Thick Cut.
Added at: 00:07
Mmmmmmmaybe. I may be a touch too young.
You would have been a toddler when they disappeared.

Hawkin's?

Yeah, that's the only cheezee I'd touch. It actually makes me mad when I see Canadians eating Cheetos.

Damn you all... I'm not even Canadian... why am I in here?

And now I have a bag of Cheetos, which is apparently an inferior product... :(

My dad used to play in a folk band. One of their songs was about working different jobs in their hometown of Belleville, Ontario. During the chorus they mention the orange hands of a Hawkins factory worker.
Added at: 18:17
I don't know how to, if I even can, edit thread titles. This thread should now be about awesome snackfoods.

My dad used to play in a folk band. One of their songs was about working different jobs in their hometown of Belleville, Ontario. During the chorus they mention the orange hands of a Hawkins factory worker.
Added at: 18:17
I don't know how to, if I even can, edit thread titles. This thread should now be about awesome snackfoods.
What was the band called?

I remember little hard candies with sesame seeds inside them. I've seen them elsewhere, and nothing seems to compare to the ones I ate as a kid.

I don't know if I miss them because they're gone, or because I've changed.

:(

Cajungal

Staff member
There was a "backwards" 7Up drink called DNL out there for a while. I really enjoyed it and sometimes wish I could drink one. Realistically, though, I haven't been able to finish a soda in 2 years, so I'd probably just have a sip. But I bet it'd be a good sip. It's hard to get nostalgic about junk food when it was never in the house, but I'm sure there is something else... I'll think some more.

M

makare

Black cow candy. At least I think that was what they were called. I loved those.

Hell... write the company a letter and see if they'll bite.

The worst? You get no chips.

The best? The sky's the limit, my Crimson-Coated Comrade

North_Ranger

Staff member
I remember there used to be a soda with guarana flavour. It tasted wonderful to me, and gave a nice jolt of energy. I miss that...

Also, I've noticed how bloody difficult it is to get a milkshake nowadays. The ice cream stands used to have them, but now they have things like coffee or hot chocolate topped off with ice cream, or sundaes or whatnot. But not your every-day, delicious milkshake. It took me about two hours to find a place that serves milkshakes on a hot day.

That sucks... there's a veritable PLETHORA of them here... about five places I can think of off the top of my head do it properly old school-style, too...

W

Wasabi Poptart

Back in the early 90's Mistic had a wildberry soda that I loved. Of course it was discontinued. I can't even find a picture of it. Also, Snapple strawberry tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.