And down goes Dallas! Giants win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shannow

Staff member
Go G-MEN!!! :rouckout:

An ugly win, but fun as hell to watch! Giants win, starting the season 2-0. They gave those 100,000 plus folks in Texas a show! Wooooooo! On that note, time for bed, back to the grind of the work week tomorrow! :clap:

The only ugly thing about that game was having to listen to Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth constantly apologize for Dallas. If Dallas was really as great a team as they and most other sportscasters try and make them out to be, there would be no reason to play the regular season in the NFC east since we all know that Tony Romo's team is going to clinch the division and God's little gift to football will get the MVP. Sportscasters here's a little tip for you. IF A TEAM IS GOOD THEY WOULD HAVE ACTUALLY WON A PLAYOFF GAME IN THE PAST 10 YEARS!

Go G-MEN!

Dave

Staff member
GRAAAH! Damn you, Romo! Everything went the Giant's way last night and they still had to kick a last minute field goal. That ball that got kicked up off of Witten's foot was both a lucky break and a very heads-up play by the Giants.

Very fun game to watch.

Shannow

Staff member
Giants ground game was sloppy though. I will admit that.

Also, Fuck you Wade Phillips. that timeout shit may work against the Bills, but not against the Giants! 2-0, hell of a start. Hopefully, I will make a trip to the meadowlands sometime this season with my younger brother (looks like the raiders game) to watch a game.

We'll give you that one. NO, we GAVE you that one. That is the problem of Romo. He can be Hot or Cold, hell, he can be Hot AND Cold at the same time. If he could ever settle down and play to his talent, he will be great. But he spotted you 24 points and still nearly carried the day.

Dave

Staff member

Also, Fuck you Wade Phillips. that timeout shit may work against the Bills, but not against the Giants! 2-0, hell of a start. Hopefully, I will make a trip to the meadowlands sometime this season with my younger brother (looks like the raiders game) to watch a game.
I'm not going to fault Wade for that because every team does it, but I HATE that rule! I wish they'd stop that from happening. But it won't until someone gets hurt during a play.

I'm not going to fault Wade for that because every team does it, but I HATE that rule! I wish they'd stop that from happening. But it won't until someone gets hurt during a play.[/QUOTE]

there was no reason he had to wait so damn late to make the timeout. Everyone including Tynes knew it was coming.

The Giants running game had some trouble getting past the Dallas D-Line, but it looks like we're doing quite nicely on the Passing game.

[edit] that toe pass was amazing. Really good play by the D paying attention like that, shame the refs weren't as on the ball.

Beating the Cowboys is like beating a dead dog. You can cheer all you want after the fact, but the dog was dead to begin with. :rofl:

Beating the Cowboys is like beating a dead dog. You can cheer all you want after the fact, but the dog was dead to begin with. :rofl:
yea but much like the case with Phillip Rivers I wish sports writers would take their mouths off Jerry Jones cock to admit that maybe the Cowboys aren't the greatest team in the league.

Also can you really set an attendance record if a large chunk of your tickets were for people to stand around outside the stadium to watch the game on projectors?

Shannow

Staff member
The Giants running game had some trouble getting past the Dallas D-Line, but it looks like we're doing quite nicely on the Passing game.

Agreed. Especially that last drive, Dallas could not stop them from getting into field goal range when it counted.

What would have been hilarious would be if Tynes first kicked missed (which it almost did), and then he got it in after that. Wade would have been lynched :D

perhaps, but I you really do not unerstand how much I hate Dallas...ooooh, how I hate the Cowboys. My hatred of them is only superceded by my love of the Giants. (Side note, other much hated teams, though not on the level of Dallas, are Buffalo and New England).

Also, As for Dead dog, they have had winning records (9-7, 9-7, 13-3, 9-7) the last 4 years running, 2 years ago even being one of the best in the NFC. I may hate them, and take a perverse delight in the fact that they haven't won a playoff game in almost a decade, but they are not a simple pushover team.

I never understood icing the kicker. Has it ever worked? It just seems to give the other team the time to have the right personnel on the field and let the kicker get his head straight.

Shannow

Staff member
I never understood icing the kicker. Has it ever worked? It just seems to give the other team the time to have the right personnel on the field and let the kicker get his head straight.

Dallas - Buffalo MNF last year.

Edit, sorry, 2 years ago.

Double edit, sorry, I meant it didnt work there. just a classic example of it.

It worked once. I think Shanahan did it, and then everyone immediately copied it. I don't begrudge them none, you can't take those timeouts with ya. If it makes it 0.5% more likely to miss, then you gotta take that.

No.... :rofl: wait.... :D seriously? :rofl:

People still think Dallas is a "good team/greatest team" :rofl:
When you roll down their roster, they should be amongst the top 4-6 teams in the league. But when you see all the mistakes and bad plays, they are lucky to make the playoffs. They are Football's Yankees.

Oh trust me, I love living in South Texas if not just to make fun of the Cowboys fans who blindly rally behind their team every year.

And it's not the "smart" kind of fan who knows his team sucks, but supports them anyway. These people actually believe "this will be the Boys year!" EVERY FREAKIN YEAR. :rofl:

Shannow

Staff member
Oh trust me, I love living in South Texas if not just to make fun of the Cowboys fans who blindly rally behind their team every year.

And it's not the "smart" kind of fan who knows his team sucks, but supports them anyway. These people actually believe "this will be the Boys year!" EVERY FREAKIN YEAR. :rofl:

Well, they do have the actual talent for it. And in the NFL, every year any team can actually win (well most). Thats what is great about the league. You can be a mid level team and still have a good shot at taking it all that year. it is great.

And watching Dallas fail every year, even with the talent that they have, is one of my joys.

2-0 is worth celebrating? Let's see who else shares that record: Minnesota, Atlanta, New Orleans, San Francisco, NY Jets, Baltimore, Denver.

Shannow

Staff member
2-0 is worth celebrating? Let's see who else shares that record: Minnesota, Atlanta, New Orleans, San Francisco, NY Jets, Baltimore, Denver.

Any win for your team is worth celebrating. What is your point?

edit: Especially when it is against a division rival.

Man I was on pins and needles about this game. The office picks around here are so similar that the Giants pulling it out meant I shot up form 6th to a tie for 1st.

So did the low jumbotron get hit again this game? Or was it only a target during the pre-season?

2-0 is worth celebrating? Let's see who else shares that record: .... San Francisco,....
I don't want to hear anything about that from you!

I feel confident that if it wasn't for injuries and who we have out because of that (including loosing Hasselbeck in what was a great drive and final play for him) that game would have turned out much different.

As for the Giants game, fun game to watch, loved it even though I'm not a huge fan of the Giants but will root for anyone playing against the Cowboys.

... unless it's the raiders. Or the patriots. Then I can only hope to get extra shots of the cheerleaders.

Q

Qonas

I really, really dislike the Cowboys because of all the "America's Team" nonsense and Jerry Jones' megalomaniacal blowhardedness.

But I hate Eli "Down Syndrome" Manning and the Giants/Giants fans, the Redskins and Daniel "Mr. Moneybucks" Snyder, and Eagles' fans way way worse. So really the Cowboys are the lesser of a whole number of evils. Needless to say, I was not a fan of this game. Ugh, more Giants fans' boasting and acting exactly like Jerry Jones only without the money. Fantastic.

And while I also dislike the "timeout at the last second" bit, you have to admit Wade Phillips called that one perfectly. It was pretty hilarious seeing the Giants celebrate only whoops, gotta do it again. :p

and my slumping Pathers play Dallas next week on Monday Night.

I'm not looking forward to that game. However, there's been something about the Panthers, all through preseason and during the first two games this year... I just don't think we're going to have a good season. It'll probably be Jake Delhomme's last season as starter unless he starts playing at a high level, possibly Musin Muhammed's last season, Peppers already doesn't want to play here, and I wouldn't be surprised if Coach Fox was ousted as well. Next couple seasons don't look like a fun time.

Shannow

Staff member
I really, really dislike the Cowboys because of all the "America's Team" nonsense and Jerry Jones' megalomaniacal blowhardedness.

But I hate Eli "Down Syndrome" Manning and the Giants/Giants fans, the Redskins and Daniel "Mr. Moneybucks" Snyder, and Eagles' fans way way worse. So really the Cowboys are the lesser of a whole number of evils. Needless to say, I was not a fan of this game. Ugh, more Giants fans' boasting and acting exactly like Jerry Jones only without the money. Fantastic.

And while I also dislike the "timeout at the last second" bit, you have to admit Wade Phillips called that one perfectly. It was pretty hilarious seeing the Giants celebrate only whoops, gotta do it again. :p
Ah yes, the "i hate those fans" comment. Always good. Right there in the middle of the insults of the teams while trying to feel superior. Come on down off that high horse buddy, you are already covered in the mud like the rest of us.

in summation:

Good for you!!!

E

EsteBeatDown

Well, just goes to show that anything can happen on any given day in the NFL. Both the Steelers and Pats lost in games they should have won yesterday.

The 'Boys SHOULD have won that game, but Romo gave them 3 nicely wrapped gifts (and don't forget Felix's fumble as well). He just had a terrible game. I thought it was a testiment to the Cowboys skills (minus Romo) though that they were still in the game during the last remaining minutes DESPITE everything that happened to them. Of course, it's also a testiment to the Giants that they capitalized on the 'Boys mistakes.

No matter how you feel about the Cowboys, you have to admit that their run defense showed us alot yesterday. That was the real glaring problem that they showed at Tampa last week, and they showed alot of improvement. Sure, they whiffed on the last drive, but you could tell they were spent by that time. I think they will be fine. It's only week 2, and I think Romo will learn from this and not be so liberal with the ball next time, and the running trio of Barber, Felix and Choice will only get better. Congrats to New York on the win.

Shannow

Staff member
Yeah, the run defense by the Cowboys was insanely impressive. They squashed the Giants run throughout the entire game.

Q

Qonas

Ah yes, the "i hate those fans" comment. Always good. Right there in the middle of the insults of the teams while trying to feel superior. Come on down off that high horse buddy, you are already covered in the mud like the rest of us.

in summation:

Good for you!!!
Thaaaanks! :thumbsup:

Seriously though, it's the truth. Some banter and trash talk is to be expected. That's the nature of sports. But give New York Giants or Yankees fans, or Boston Red Sox/Pats fans, any whiff of winning and they instantly become the most insufferable arrogant jerkwads this side of France. The two worst things to happen in sports recently have been the Red Sox winning that second World Series this decade and the Giants besting the Pats in the Super Bowl. Now both fanbases, which were already barely tolerable, are now basically loudmouthed caricatures of the bad fan stereotype.

But given a choice, I'll take the Boston fans over the New York fans any day.

Shannow

Staff member

in summation:

Good for you!!!
Thaaaanks! :thumbsup:

Seriously though, it's the truth. Some banter and trash talk is to be expected. That's the nature of sports. But give New York Giants or Yankees fans, or Boston Red Sox/Pats fans, any whiff of winning and they instantly become the most insufferable arrogant jerkwads this side of France. The two worst things to happen in sports recently have been the Red Sox winning that second World Series this decade and the Giants besting the Pats in the Super Bowl. Now both fanbases, which were already barely tolerable, are now basically loudmouthed caricatures of the bad fan stereotype.

But given a choice, I'll take the Boston fans over the New York fans any day.[/quote]

See, i hate those that completely trash on a fanbase and lump everyone that is a fan of a team into said base, while also still throwing out insults themselves and participating in the same thing they hate, while maintaining a smug attitude.

Damn them for team pride!! DAMN THEM!!!

I hate the red sox, I really do, but I do not instantly just say "Fucking red sox fans, what a bunch of assholes, the lot of em! They are all douches since they won those series!" it just is not true.

Dave

Staff member
Any word on how Barber is? He pulled up lame in that play that broke my fantasy football heart. I had him and the guy I was playing had Felix Jones. Barber goes down instead of scoring the touchdown and then Felix runs it in. I lose by 3 points.

L

Lally

Being a Redskins fan, I have given up hope on actually doing anything, so when you hear that joke "I am a fan of two teams: [my team] and whoever's playing [my team's rival]" ... it's actually true with me. I think this year I would be just as happy if Dallas DIDN'T make the playoffs as I would be if the Redskins DID. (that's probably just because the Redskins look like garbage this year, again, as usual, and I'm really irritated at the whole organization right now)

I'm not a Dallas fan, but what's wrong with them supporting their team? Fair-weather fans are the ones that make me sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.