Any Chicago Halforumites Wanna Hang Out??

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomdragon6

Staff member
I honestly have no idea where in Chicago I'm going to be. We're staying with a friend in Ohio, driving to Chicago for a Final Fantasy concert (Rosemont Theatre I believe?), then staying at this hotel:

5460 North River Road
Rosemont, IL
United States, 60018

Sunday is our "explore Chicago" day and I'm meeting up with another 'net friend, which is already convoluted enough BECAUSE I'M A COUNTRY BOY IN FUCKING CHICAGO but it might be neat to see a Halforumite for a bit if time allowed. :D
Are you staying in that hotel on Sunday night as well? That's actually a lot closer to where I live than is downtown Chicago. Even if I am closing at work, I doubt it would be past 8:15 or so... if you wanted to grab a late dinner, let me know. I'll check my schedule tonight.[/QUOTE]

Aww, no. We're leaving before that I'm pretty sure. =[

But hey, where do you work? I could swing by for a few minutes and buy whatever the hell it is you're selling.

And if that doesn't work out, then damnz. Missed a chance to hang out with a Halforumite. =P

C

Chazwozel

I've never been to the States. Partly because international flights cost an arm and a leg, partly because I fear I would end up in argument and get beaten up for being "leftist" or "Euro trash".
Dude, grow up and stop living in stereotypes. No one would give a flying fuck about your political views unless you purposefully went out of your way to be a dick.

D

Deschain

Even then, we have an intolerable amount of tolerance for dicks. Look up Fred Phelps and his gang of communist cronies and wonder why we haven't lynched him yet. Or anyone who shares his views.

C

Chronos[Ha-G]

Damn, wish I wasn't as transient in looking at these forums as I am...

I wouldn't mind, assuming I can get out there (Spare the time and all). I live pretty much straight west of Rosemont, wouldn't be that difficult for me to get out there. Do you have any idea what your itinerary for the day will be?

I've never been to the States. Partly because international flights cost an arm and a leg, partly because I fear I would end up in argument and get beaten up for being "leftist" or "Euro trash".
Hey! Just poppin' in to say this is stupid!

Mkay, you kids have fun!

You should re-watch Borat and Bruno, but this time, as an examination for patience.
You're not being serious right? You realize those movies are specifically designed to only show the worst reactions he got? He probably got months of footage for a 1 hour and 20 minute movie.

C

Chazwozel

You should re-watch Borat and Bruno, but this time, as an examination for patience.
You're not being serious right? You realize those movies are specifically designed to only show the worst reactions he got? He probably got months of footage for a 1 hour and 20 minute movie.[/QUOTE]

I think he meant that it took a lot on Sasha Cohen's part to get a violent reaction out of people.

ElJuski

Staff member
You're not being serious right? You realize those movies are specifically designed to only show the worst reactions he got? He probably got months of footage for a 1 hour and 20 minute movie.[/QUOTE]

I think he meant that it took a lot on Sasha Cohen's part to get a violent reaction out of people.[/QUOTE]

Yessir. Really, if you look at it, it's almost as much about trying people's patience as it is getting that final HAHA reaction. Of course, there are plain and simple fuckheads in those movies...but there's a lot to be said about how much those people keep a straight face for the weird creepy idiot whittling them down, too.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Sorry for no response before, I barely had internet and all I had was a friend's iPhone to check and see if you'd responded with something.

Anyway, Chicago was fun, got to meet up with some other internet friends from like 12 years ago, and too bad I didn't get to see you Chicago peeps.

BUT!!

There's a SEQUEL!

My gf and I are going back to Chicago for a concert on February 2nd, so we'd probably be there the 1st-3rd if we wanna try to plan for something.

I can't guarantee meeting up won't be awkward though, what with the whole nothing-to-talk about thing. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.