Anyone here from Ireland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Heavan

I can't keep up with the drama around here. It's like a damned soap opera.
Good, if you aren't keeping up with the drama that means you have time to help me with this dilemma I'm in the midst of. Which sexy doctor should I marry, the father of my unborn child... OR THE ONE I LOVE?

Oh, right, not getting off topic... uh... the doctors are Irish! Yeah.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Back to the OP: Dave, I don't live in Ireland but I can give pointers and advice should you need any.

#1: Have money along for the ride. Ireland's a pretty expensive country.

#2: Waiters need not be tipped.

#3: Places to visit... hmm... What kinda things interest you and the missus? History? Arts? Mythology? Sights? Outdoorsy things?

#4: If you drive a car, be careful. Left-side traffic, and the Irish drive like frickin' insane in narrow, winding roads.

And here I thought this thread was going to be about "HA HA HA YOU'RE NOT GOING TO THE WORLD CUP!!!"

... Sorry, that'd be quite cruel to Ireland fans, actually. Stupid Thierry Henry.

North_Ranger

Staff member
If my perceptions of Ireland are correct, I think the Irish would be more ticked off about not doing well in rugby.

They were fucking nuts about rugby...

When I originally saw this picture, it was captioned as being Irishmen, their drinking unfazed by the rising floodwaters. Thus proving the stereotype of the Irishman's legendary love for the drink. One of the irish guys in my old band thinks that the guys are Czech, though. What a let down.

T

Twitch

I wouldn't say Czech with any confidence but I would say somewhere in that neck of the woods.

When I originally saw this picture, it was captioned as being Irishmen, their drinking unfazed by the rising floodwaters. Thus proving the stereotype of the Irishman's legendary love for the drink. One of the irish guys in my old band thinks that the guys are Czech, though. What a let down.

The clothes certainly seem eastern european...

W

WolfOfOdin

Got family in Ireland, Dave...the bulk of them too. I'm going over part-way through winter, so I'll pick up some tips for you.

Also, if you go to Glasgow in Scottland, I will give you this message and pray you listen; DO NOT FUCKING GO OUT AT NIGHT

North_Ranger

Staff member
Because the place is full of Glaswegians!! They're like Scotsmen, but... worse! They're, like, SUPER-Scots! No pub or sheep will be safe!

W

WolfOfOdin

Because the place is full of Glaswegians!! They're like Scotsmen, but... worse! They're, like, SUPER-Scots! No pub or sheep will be safe!
Well, last time I visited the city of brotherly violence, I was told this fact by my cousins. More or less it's not safe for tourists at certain times due to the razorboys that tend to roam.

I

Iaculus

Yeah - you know those scars the Joker had in the Dark Knight? They're known as a 'Glasgow Smile' around here. There are reasons for that.

Suffice it to say that whilst the average life expectancy in the rest of the UK is about 80, the one in certain parts of Glasgow is 54. To put that further into perspective, that's slightly lower than that in the Republic of the Congo.

Status
Not open for further replies.