Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SeraRelm

DA, that reminds me of Peter Vincent from Fright Night.

Speaking of which, Roddy McDowall was in some pretty badmovies (guy who played Peter Vincent). I'm sure someone could use one of his shots in an avatar.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Yep!

S

SeraRelm

The term was "nards". Likely taken from"nads", a shortened term for "gonads".

This fun fact was brought to you by the Fun Fact Thread Committee.

:plane:---Fun fact! In suburbian New Jersey in the early 80's we ran around threatening to kick eat other in the gonards.

fade

Staff member

Really? I must've seen that move 20 times when I was a kid, and I could've sworn like they said narts with a "t". Neither one makes sense. They're both pretty far from nads, and I never heard either before or after that movie.

ElJuski

Staff member
Anybody got a good avatar change suggestion for me? I lack Photoshop skills or time, really.

*sad puppy dog face*

fade

Staff member
Everything I said should've been prefaced with "I believe you but..."

In my defense, we had a crappy tv that only got VHF (which was like 2 channels), and the reception was terrible. And that's the honest truth. Most of my 80s pop culture knowledge surprisingly comes from the 90s because of that.

J

JCM

Err... may I ask you all who are wiser in the ways of the new forum, how does one go about uploading a gif image, and have the animation function?

The last two gif avatars I uploaded simply didnt animate.

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 AM ----------

It was scary at the time.
That it was, and when one studies the social and political commentary of the original, it still is.

J

JCM

Err... may I ask you all who are wiser in the ways of the new forum, how does one go about uploading a gif image, and have the animation function?

The last two gif avatars I uploaded simply didnt animate.
Mine have always worked fine. You sure you're doing it right?[/QUOTE]I tested out this image

First uploading it from the original link, then from my pc itself. Then using imageshack I made it smaller, but still no go.

J

JCM

Code:
http://i20.tinypic.com/2mhidxc.jpg
try renaming it to .gif lol

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

That it was, and when one studies the social and political commentary of the original, it still is.
Haven't seen the new one, not really planning on it either, I heard they kinda screwed up the whole point of the movie. But the old one? Awesome, a true classic![/QUOTE]Renamed it, it was a no-go.

Anyway, zombie JCM attacking someone it will be for now, on the remake, its worth it if you watch it in Blue-Ray for the SFX and rather creative alien doomsday.

It wasnt a bad movie, it was an okay movie with Keanu Reeve's best lifeless performance (best casting of Reeves ever) with the name of one of the greatest sci-fi movies.

Code:
http://i20.tinypic.com/2mhidxc.jpg
try renaming it to .gif lol

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

Haven't seen the new one, not really planning on it either, I heard they kinda screwed up the whole point of the movie. But the old one? Awesome, a true classic![/quote]Renamed it, it was a no-go.

Anyway, zombie JCM attacking someone it will be for now, on the remake, its worth it if you watch it in Blue-Ray for the SFX and rather creative alien doomsday.

It wasnt a bad movie, it was an okay movie with Keanu Reeve's best lifeless performance (best casting of Reeves ever) with the name of one of the greatest sci-fi movies.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you're updating your avatar and not your user profile picture. They are two different images. I had a wonderful time learning about that bit of vbulliten weirdness changing to igor...

-Adam

ElJuski

Staff member
I always wanted to see both versions, actually. Keanu Reeves seems perfectly cast as a deadpan, practically monotone alien. But that's just from what I gleamed off of the trailer, and what little I know about the plot.

Also, I'm a fickle mistress. Had to go beyond Achewood :)

I always wanted to see both versions, actually. Keanu Reeves seems perfectly cast as a deadpan, practically monotone alien. But that's just from what I gleamed off of the trailer, and what little I know about the plot.

Achewood's got plenty of black and white macabre. Just look to the Philippe Murder arc.

Or just take the Death Sound panel.

J

JCM

Exactly the reason why I say its his best performance.

The only other expressionless choice would´ve been Nicholas Cage, but then he´d have a flashlight.

S

SeraRelm

The remake made me sad...
"lawls u r teh litering, we kil u nao!"

Status
Not open for further replies.