Batman : Possible Batgirl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aisaku said:
Hmm I don't see them putting Batgirl before Catwoman.... and now that katie holmes/maggie gwenhall's character is out of the picture... I'm think it's very likely we'll see Selina Kyle on screen next time.
I'd pay good money to see Charlize Theron as Selina Kyle. :heart:

C

cvgurau

Iaculus said:
I hope it's the Riddler simply because that fake movie poster was so freakin' awesome.
My first thought: "Fake movie poster? WHAT movie poster? TELL ME WHAT FEKKING MOVIE POS--"

Second thought: "Google it yourself, you lazy fekking bastard."

Third thought: "OMG-FEKKING-G, Kristen Bell and DAVID TENNANT AS THE RIDDLER???!! :Leyla: :aaahhh: :Leyla: :aaahhh: :Leyla: SO AWESOME!!!"

Fourth thought: " 'fekking'?" :bush:

Also:

SeriousJay said:
Aisaku said:
Hmm I don't see them putting Batgirl before Catwoman.... and now that katie holmes/maggie gwenhall's character is out of the picture... I'm think it's very likely we'll see Selina Kyle on screen next time.
I'd pay good money to see Charlize Theron as Selina Kyle. :heart:

Yes, please. :eek:

Or Keira Knightley. Rowr. :unibrow:

Cajungal

Staff member
cvgurau said:

Really? REALLY?!? She's not ugly or anything, but does that weird and CONSTANT thrusting forward of her bottom jaw not drive ANYONE else COMPLETELY MAD?!

Cajungal said:
cvgurau said:

Really? REALLY?!? She's not ugly or anything, but does that weird and CONSTANT thrusting forward of her bottom jaw not drive ANYONE else COMPLETELY MAD?!
Um...I have never noticed that before, really.

C

cvgurau

Cajungal said:
cvgurau said:

No, it totally does. But in a GOOD way. :unibrow: :heythere:

Cajungal said:
cvgurau said:

I think she has one of the most beautiful faces in the world. But she just does not do 'it' for me. She just has the physique of a rather tall 12 year old boy.

And the thrusting the jaw forward is a model's trick to define the jawline better. I've not noticed it, but it may be a habit she needs to break.

Aisaku said:
What Aisaku said. Catwoman is almost as big as the Joker in Batman's rogues gallery. She's gotta appear at least once, sometime.

There might be some problems due to the Halle Berry Catwoman film, like character rights or the new Catwoman being associated with the Berry one, but if it can be done then I'd trust Nolan to do it well.

I don't want Bane to appear unless he breaks Batman's back at some point. Bane's special because he managed to thoroughly out-think and out-fight Batman, and there aren't many guys who can do that. There are lots of other thuggish villains if the studio just want a big brawler type bad guy, use one of them. Don't waste Bane.

bhamv3 said:
[What Aisaku said. Catwoman is almost as big as the Joker in Batman's rogues gallery. She's gotta appear at least once, sometime.

There might be some problems due to the Halle Berry Catwoman film, like character rights or the new Catwoman being associated with the Berry one, but if it can be done then I'd trust Nolan to do it well.

I don't want Bane to appear unless he breaks Batman's back at some point. Bane's special because he managed to thoroughly out-think and out-fight Batman, and there aren't many guys who can do that. There are lots of other thuggish villains if the studio just want a big brawler type bad guy, use one of them. Don't waste Bane.
I have to agree with that. When I suggested Bane, I wasn't picturing him as some stupid brute like Schumacher made him. I'm picturing him as being the smart and strong presence that broke the Bat. In essence, I might even say a darker version of what Batman could have become if he had joined the League and was willing to do whatever it took.

bhamv3 said:
Aisaku said:
What Aisaku said. Catwoman is almost as big as the Joker in Batman's rogues gallery. She's gotta appear at least once, sometime.

Except Nolan's Batman is no detective. He's James Bond in a batsuit. His whole schtick is to serve as a terrifying image to criminals, not to be a brilliant crime solver. I would be pretty happy if the Riddler was the next villain to change that, though. I'm thinking a clue-dropping serial killer.

C

Chibibar

I hope they bring back Catwoman. Michelle Pfeiffer was a GREAT catwoman. Berry was a HORRIBLE catwoman.

I use to think that changing actor for Batman in different movie was bad, but I do like Bale as the new batman. I hope they can cast a good person for catwoman (I don't have any suggestion)

While I have no great stake in the Batman franchise (good movies and all, but like most superhero fare the villains get sillier as time goes on and after The Dark Knight, I don't know how they could go anywhere but down), I am assured by the fact that these are not reputable sources, as I don't want to see Hannah Montana in a bat suit.

The whole mess does bring back the temptation of occasionally using my blog to start completely unsubstantiated rumors just to see how far I could get them. The catch is while I'm a smart ass, I tend to be honest, so I would always feel the need to add at the end "Yes, it's an entertaining idea and all, but the next Batman movie won't actually have Niel Patrick Harris as the Riddler and Felicia Day as Selena Kyle. I made it all up.". (I chose that one because of the tremendous nerd traction it would get.)

Cajungal

Staff member
sixpackshaker said:
Cajungal said:
cvgurau said:

I think she has one of the most beautiful faces in the world. But she just does not do 'it' for me. She just has the physique of a rather tall 12 year old boy.

And the thrusting the jaw forward is a model's trick to define the jawline better. I've not noticed it, but it may be a habit she needs to break.
It's creepy and fake-looking, like when women suck on their cheeks to make their faces look thinner. And she should definitely break it. A lot of times she looks like she's posing--like she's putting that before actually emoting. It's not as if there's any fat on her jaw/neck she needs to hide anyway!

If I shut off the main thinking unit in my body for a minute and allow my secondary thinking unit to take over, I have to hope for Harley Quinn and Catwoman (and maybe Poison Ivy) as villains. They'll never put Batman against 2 female evils in the same movie, though.
And I do sincerely hope they don't have either Robin or Batgirl in this generation. No sidekick ever made their hero better in any way, with the possible exception of Shaggy for Scooby Doo.

Bubble181 said:
And I do sincerely hope they don't have either Robin or Batgirl in this generation. No sidekick ever made their hero better in any way, with the possible exception of Shaggy for Scooby Doo.
Batman sales disagree with you.

J

JCM

What she said.
Covar said:
Bubble181 said:
Batman sales disagree with you.
Heh, the paltry comic sales that have the american Shounen jump run laps around it, and are dwarved by sales of every other comic industry?

I think the producers will try and please the millions who saw the Dark Knight Returns, not a few paltry comic fans who havent watched it.

Guys... both Nolan and Bale have gone ON RECORD saying they will NEVER bring Robin into this movie universe. Bale even said he'd quit before being in a movie with Robin.

How would they bring in Batgirl if they're so vehemently against Robin?

figmentPez

Staff member
Calleja said:
How would they bring in Batgirl if they're so vehemently against Robin?
Well, Batgirl doesn't have to be Batman's kid partner. They could do more of a Cassandra Cain Batgirl than a Barbara Gordon version. Or she could be done as a pre-cursor to the Huntress. Helena Betinelli starts out dressing as Batgirl (as she did for a time in the No Man's Land story-arc) before deciding to make her own identity.

fade

Staff member
I think Robin could be well done. It would be tough, but possible. Maybe some gangland style origin?

figmentPez

Staff member
Calleja said:
Yeah... I don't think so... they seemed pretty much against the whole "bat-family" concept to me.
Which is why I suggested the Huntress. She starts off just trying to copy Batman, with Bruce having to figure out what the second Bat is up to, especially if it's a "batman" who kills. Then it's outed that she's just a girl, she gets sick of being in the shadow of the Bat and decides to become the Huntress instead. No happy Bat-Family, no letting Helena in on the Bat-Cave, just conflict between Bats and a more brutal vigilante.

Status
Not open for further replies.