[Gaming] Battlefield 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not impressed by MP, why? Because I can't even fucken bind my controls properly. Once again EA comes short in that regard. Uninstalled.

So, torrent and play SP campaign and move on, got it.

Shouldn't be advertising old builds if you ain't gonna provide proper key mapping functions. BF3 requires awesome reflexes to survive since one bullet is usually all you neeed, perfect controls are therefor mandatory.

Really enjoying this game thus far on PS3. (Although this Mathias_2011 prick keeps killing me...)

The graphics just blow my mind in some places, especially in the campaign. Multiplayer feels a little off to me for some reason, but the sniping sure is satisfying.

Graphic and sound-wise, the campaign is brilliant; game play wise I've found some frustrating spots. Only got it yesterday so I haven't dove into the multiplayer too much. I basically play a taxi driver every round :(. I also crash jets consistently.

Well, I don't play multiplayer so I figured I would avoid B3 since I heard the campaign is terrible. I'll save my cash for MW3 I guess.

GasBandit

Staff member
When it comes to battlefield games, my rule is simple - no (multiplayer) bots = no buy.

I don't want to play with 30 random snotmonsters and bros. I want to play with 1, maybe 2 other specific people and have bots fill in the rest. That's why we STILL play battlefield 1942, and Battlefield 2.

This weekend for me. I suppose I have to go to Target to get it, since I can't just download it on Steam.

Stupid.

You can download it off Origin (and from what I hear, even if you buy a boxed set you still have to download it off Origin, but I'm not sure)

Origin feels like a virus but sadly I have to use it for TOR.

As far as BF3 goes, the SP campaign seriously feels half-assed (according to many opinions and reviews of the game) and you require to be online if you want some MP with no bot support.

GasBandit

Staff member
Accusations of spyware-like activity are cropping up for Origin. Apparently it goes nosing around in your Programs folder to see what all is there.

I will not install Origin.

If Mass Effect 3 requires Origin, well, the series ended at 2 then for me.

EA can screw themselves... and I swear if I have to install Origin to play Mass Effect 3 I will just wait for someone to hack it and use that version (I can't believe I just said that).

Not to mention that EA is now sullying one of my favorite old developers names... Origin... you will be missed.

Just want to bump this and say if you have a PS3, don't buy this game. DICE can suck my horsecock for the lack of quality control that went into the development of this fucking piece of shit game. Adam would like to play through an online game for an hour interrupted, if possible. That means, don't hard freeze my PS3. Don't crash hard every couple of matches.

Also, if you could add some standard features like "Being able to leave between matches" or "Being able to mute other players individually", that would fucking nice, you bunch of fucking halfwits.

INSTEAD, you had to get the game out before MW3. Well, congratulations, I'm sending you my disc back with a nice copy of the receipt for MW3 inside with a note that says "This is how a game should be designed."

Fuckers.

Both games are shitty. I was just shocked... SHOCKED on how bad BF3 was. I played it the first night of beta it came out. After 45 minutes I left raging.

Status
Not open for further replies.