Because I felt like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Wow... Tin, I think I'm now morally obliged to find myself some Lunasa. That was three flavours of awesome. I must've missed this because I mostly look for songs with lyrics; I can't play an instrument even if my life depended on it, but I've been told I have a passable singing voice at times. So I like to sing and hum songs to myself - or in suitably jovial company. Fields of Athenry has bought me a drink more than once.

That's probably the reason why I like bands that perform Irish 'classics' or otherwise emotionally powerfully songs. I've a soft spot especially for the High Kings.

...admittedly, mostly because their style is quite easy to study. For a non-native speaker their versions are pretty easy to decipher before going into some more proper Irish trad songs. I still have to master the fast tongue-play that's necessary for songs like the Beggarman or Phil the Fluter's Ball.

North_Ranger

Staff member
I'll have to see if I can't get some through my local music store. They've a pretty good selection of Irish trad...

Status
Not open for further replies.