[TV] Better Call Saul (Spoilers!)

If they make another spinoff series, I'd love to see something on Gus Fring or Gale Boetticher.

By the way, do you think Gale was a homosexual? I just figured he was cultured (fluent in Italian, interest in 19th century poetry, etc.). My roommate insists he was totally gay.

If they make another spinoff series, I'd love to see something on Gus Fring or Gale Boetticher.

By the way, do you think Gale was a homosexual? I just figured he was cultured (fluent in Italian, interest in 19th century poetry, etc.). My roommate insists he was totally gay.
There is still hope that those characters could show up in BCS, after all, Mike does end up working for Gus so we need to know how that happens.

In the middle of watching right now.
Man, I was hoping Trevor Philips would be a regular. But seeing Mike drop him so quickly was pretty great.

Last edited:
Same thing.

I was like... you fucking asshole.
How dare you say this shit while you're at home wasting your life and your brother is fucking taking care of you while still attempting to have a fucking life of his own.
It was like someone punched me in the balls.

Same thing.

I was like... you fucking asshole.
How dare you say this shit while you're at home wasting your life and your brother is fucking taking care of you while still attempting to have a fucking life of his own.
It was like someone punched me in the balls.
Brilliant, went right along with Mike's talk with the newly minted criminal about bad cops and honorable thieves.

Jimmy turned his life around because of Chuck. He's trying so hard to go legit just to make his brother proud, and to find out that all of his work has done nothing to change Chuck's opinion of him, that he still looks down on him as just a con man... that hurts.

I kinda saw that coming pretty early on regarding Hamelin. Chuck has seemed a little distant and a little suspicious of Jimmy right from the start. And no one in the Breaking Bad universe is straiht up good or straight up evil, or even completely the bad guy or completely the good guy, if you want to look at it that way. Except Gomie.

Even Tuco was a loving grandson and nephew who loved to cook for his family.
So when Hamelin comes off so douchey, and the protagonist tells us we're supposed to hate him, but we never actually see him treated anything less than fair by Hamelin, you know something's up.

Hamelindigo is enough to know that despite everything, still a douche.

Also, haven't mentioned it but fuck I love when Bob Odenkirk swears. He is the greatest user of colourful language on the planet. Been such a fan of his since watching my first episode of Mr. Show like 20 years ago.

Hamelindigo is enough to know that despite everything, still a douche.

Also, haven't mentioned it but fuck I love when Bob Odenkirk swears. He is the greatest user of colourful language on the planet. Been such a fan of his since watching my first episode of Mr. Show like 20 years ago.

I was disappointed, I bought the episode off the Sony Store and they censored it.

Well, that's it for a year. Hopefully we get more Nacho next season.
Like Breaking Bad tended to do, i felt like the penultimate was a better episode than the finale. But the finale definitely worked really well. It gave us a lot of closure on Jimmy as a character while leaving virtually every plot thread hanging.

Well, that's it for a year. Hopefully we get more Nacho next season.
Like Breaking Bad tended to do, i felt like the penultimate was a better episode than the finale. But the finale definitely worked really well. It gave us a lot of closure on Jimmy as a character while leaving virtually every plot thread hanging.
Wait, what, that was the season finale? Damn

And when he's in the interrogation room with the baseball card collector. The guy's going on and on about preservation techniques while Jimmy's eyes glaze over.

You know what I just realized? We've seen that douchey stock broker before. The one that Saul and his girlfriend stick with an outrageous bar tab. He was in one of the early Breaking Bad episodes. He pulled up to a gas station and generally behaved in an obnoxious manner. His license plate read "KENWINS." Walt messed with his engine and set the car on fire while Ken freaked out.

Reactions: Jay
So, any idea when this show takes place? It has to be sometime in the early 2000s. Smart phones aren't a thing yet, but Fight Club has already been released. What do you think? Pre or post-9/11?

Another thing I've noticed is the use of color in this show, just like in Breaking Bad. Saul tends to wear gray, symbolizing his ambiguous morality. Kim usually wears blue. And when Hamlin pulls the carpet out from under her, she's suddenly wearing black.

HAH, THE OPENING

Fuck you Chuck, your dad was a sucker, stop blaming Jimmy so much, and start blaming your dad more.

I've learned to steer clear of people pulling that "my son's really sick and I need gas money to drive to the hospital" scam. They usually claim to live in my apartment complex. I tell them that since it's an emergency, I can drive them to the hospital myself. Better yet, I know nurses who work in the nearby hospitals and they can give us a status update. Then they suddenly decide they shouldn't be a bother.

It also turns out that men fall for that scam a lot more often than women do. Men aren't more gullible. It's just that they're more willing to open the door to a stranger at night.

HAH, THE OPENING

Fuck you Chuck, your dad was a sucker, stop blaming Jimmy so much, and start blaming your dad more.
I mean, Chuck basically said his dad was too trusting. And its not like we didn't see Jimmy steal money from him at the end of that scene.

I mean, Chuck basically said his dad was too trusting. And its not like we didn't see Jimmy steal money from him at the end of that scene.
True, but unlike Chuck, Jimmy was there to watch his dad get ripped off over and over again, with nothing he could do about it.

I don't think it was the people conning him out of a couple bucks that did him in. Watching your dad get ripped off doesn't make stealing from him until his business goes under ok.

But I guess we'll see. We've only really heard Chucks side of the story.

If people are doing it on a consistent basis every day, it most certainly can. Especially when it's obviously a fake sob story, and your dad not only buys it, he gives the guy more to keep him from leaving when he thinks he's been caught.

My point is that guess where Jimmy got his attitude from? Not wanting to BE his dad.

My point is that guess where Jimmy got his attitude from? Not wanting to BE his dad.
That's understandable, but that doesn't mean Chuck doesn't have a reason to be angry at him for stealing from his dad.

In the end, Chuck was right. Jimmy would have never fit in with them, and the same thing would have happened at his firm. The way he went about it makes him an ass, but Jimmy is better off on his own.