Biden 1st term

There is a wide gulf between defending and trying to see a different point of view.
Look, the Catholic Church has had a lot of chances to be on the right side of history and morality, and frankly, it has whiffed on A LOT of them.
You won't see me try to explain or defend, say, killing 700 indigenous Canadian kids, or hiding pedophilia for decades, practically institutionalizing it.
Do I think the RCC is a horrible remnant of a different Era with backwards views on most moral and social rifts? Yes I do.
Do I think that means the RCC is automatically in the wrong and utterly indefensible on everything? No, I do not. Trying to look at an issue and understanding several different points of view (excluding the "let's just kill them all" style extremes) is a valuable learning experience and might change or shift your own points of view. Or it might at least help you understand how to better away people to your position. Considering all people on the other side of some imaginary line as automatically Evil, Wrong, and indefensible just puts you in an echo chamber and won't help anyone.

Blots: right now the only difference between you and Tucker Carlson is the names and the faces.
I misunderstood this initially so here's my new response:

I think that pedophilia is ok because if I said it would bad that would make me no different than people who say that other things are bad that might not actually be bad.

Annnnnnddddd, Just stump the stupidity when the morons show up with what they've said instead of engaging . . . .

They should have been doing this shit when Obama was in office.

Biden event has hecklers. "It's fine, let them talk. No one cares."

Trump rally has protestors. "Get those sons of bitches out of here."

Trump is the First Amendment President. :rolleyes:

This just in: there are people who believe that he won't be president next year because he'll be impeached when the "red wave" hits in November.

Just one little problem: the maths says there's no realistic way the GOP will have 67 votes in the Senate to remove him from office. And maybe someone needs to go over their civics courses they didn't have in their private/charter schools that would have told them that removal from office would mean that VP Harris would then become President.

GasBandit

Staff member
This just in: there are people who believe that he won't be president next year because he'll be impeached when the "red wave" hits in November.

Just one little problem: the maths says there's no realistic way the GOP will have 67 votes in the Senate to remove him from office. And maybe someone needs to go over their civics courses they didn't have in their private/charter schools that would have told them that removal from office would mean that VP Harris would then become President.
NUH UH WE'LL INCLUDE HER

OK even if that was how it worked, which it isn't, next in line is the Speaker of the House.... Nancy Pelosi.

(Sound of QOP head exploding)

NUH UH WE'LL INCLUDE HER

OK even if that was how it worked, which it isn't, next in line is the Speaker of the House.... Nancy Pelosi.

(Sound of QOP head exploding)
We can just keep going 'till we hit the person we want! Which will of course be... Speaker? Whip? Whatever, Trump.

I am in the process of getting some of debt taken care of due to his temporary student debt relief. It might not be enough or fast enough for you but it is literally true that I am going to benefit from Biden's student debt relief.

I am in the process of getting some of debt taken care of due to his temporary student debt relief. It might not be enough or fast enough for you but it is literally true that I am going to benefit from Biden's student debt relief.
Same here. We were at $54K for one of the wife's student loans before the interest freeze, and are now at $34K. That might not seem very big, but it's huge when you consider interest.

I am sooooo glad that I didn't have a whole lot of student loan debt, and I had already paid it off by the time I bought a house.

(two decades ago)

Dave

Staff member
I like the pick (from what I know of her which is admittedly not much) but I think Biden fucked up by saying black woman before even starting his search. Had he given a short list with a myriad of people and THEN picked her I think it would have defanged the right's belief that her only qualification is race & gender. The way Biden did this means that her race and gender were, indeed, the main reason she was looked at before qualifications.

I like the pick (from what I know of her which is admittedly not much) but I think Biden fucked up by saying black woman before even starting his search. Had he given a short list with a myriad of people and THEN picked her I think it would have defanged the right's belief that her only qualification is race & gender. The way Biden did this means that her race and gender were, indeed, the main reason she was looked at before qualifications.
Honestly, if he had given a list that included any white men on it, he would have gotten flak from the left. There is no appeasing people who hate you for the party you belong to. Let them complain because there are loads of qualifies judges of almost every gender and ethnicity.

You would have thought he would have learned after he did the exact same thing and got saddled with Harris.