Blackest Night hit today

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm calling it now:

The conclusion to the ring war will include Hal wearing one of every ring, which will include yet ANOTHER homage to that GL cover where he went crazy and started collecting dead GL rings. Well, okay, they only did the homage once (during the Sinestro Corps War), but yeah, I see that coming a mile away.

Shannow

Staff member
ThatNickGuy said:
I'm calling it now:

The conclusion to the ring war will include Hal wearing one of every ring, which will include yet ANOTHER homage to that GL cover where he went crazy and started collecting dead GL rings. Well, okay, they only did the homage once (during the Sinestro Corps War), but yeah, I see that coming a mile away.
Considering he has worn 4 already,t hats an easy call to make. You and most others I know predicted that. You are really going waaaaay out on a limb with that one.

Heh, yeah. But I actually called it before any other of the rings were introduced. :)

Shannow

Staff member
When the story line was announced, most people I know pretty much called the same thing. its a pretty obvious way to go. Combining the colors to white against the black.

So...um....did they bring the original Question back? I heard that they might and the preview pages they released mentioned him.

Please say yes. I don't want a female Question.

A

Aisaku

Don't you hate it when they introduce new characters only for them to become clay pigeons for the new big bad?

Green_Lantern

Staff member
Shannow said:
When the story line was announced, most people I know pretty much called the same thing. its a pretty obvious way to go. Combining the colors to white against the black.
It is so obvious that I actually thinking that he might end up as a black lantern rather than a white/rainbow lantern.

LittleSin said:
So...um....did they bring the original Question back? I heard that they might and the preview pages they released mentioned him.

Please say yes. I don't want a female Question.
I don't know if I want to see the previous version of the Question back either. I liked the original from Carlton and the first run in DC on the Mature Readers imprint. Where in the DC version he was an overwhelmed martial artist. Trying to save a city that did not want to be saved. When I researched the 3rd version and read about 'talking' to the city... :blue: and being a conspiracy nutjob... :slap:

A

Aisaku

Where in the DC version he was an overwhelmed martial artist. Trying to save a city that did not want to be saved. When I researched the 3rd version and read about 'talking' to the city... and being a conspiracy nutjob...
Hmm is that you, Rorschach?

And yes, toned down like it was in JLU it's fun to watch.

Chummer said:
The conspiracy nutjob thing made him so awesome on the JLU cartoon.
JLU Question was easily, EASILY the best character on the show. And it really showed how much Timm and the writers loved him considering he was probably the most featured secondary player next to Green Arrow.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDBxlOfJnoQ:1x7213b8][/youtube:1x7213b8]

AWESOME.

Ok, so The Question's voice there was bugging the crap out of me. I'd heard it somewhere before. Then, I realized it was from Star Trek. From there, I found that it is one Jeffery Combs, who played Weyoun on DS9.

General Specific said:
Ok, so The Question's voice there was bugging the crap out of me. I'd heard it somewhere before. Then, I realized it was from Star Trek. From there, I found that it is one Jeffery Combs, who played Weyoun on DS9.
He's also a horror movie staple. He is liquid awsome in every single thing he is in.

figmentPez

Staff member
General Specific said:
Then, I realized it was from Star Trek. From there, I found that it is one Jeffery Combs, who played Weyoun on DS9.
He also played a Ferengi named Brunt, and another alien called Tiron. Not many other actors have played 3 different named characters in a single Trek series. He's also appeared on Voyager and Enterprise.

figmentPez said:
General Specific said:
Then, I realized it was from Star Trek. From there, I found that it is one Jeffery Combs, who played Weyoun on DS9.
He also played a Ferengi named Brunt, and another alien called Tiron. Not many other actors have played 3 different named characters in a single Trek series. He's also appeared on Voyager and Enterprise.
His role as Shran was the best thing going on Enterprise. Too bad it did not make the final season, he was going to be added to the crew.

F

Foxfiree

Did you get your free black ring when you picked up Blackest Night? My customers ranged from excited to meh. I made most of them promise not to raise any dead in the store because I didn't want to clean the carpets.

C

Chummer

Look what I got!

Sorry for the bad quality of the pic but its a Black Lantern Ring!

Now to raise the dead, lets see... I'll bring back Michael Jackson! Onward my Black Lantern Corp!

R

Rubicon

Bowielee said:
General Specific said:
He's also a horror movie staple. He is liquid awsome in every single thing he is in.
This!.

He rocked as Weyoun and totally kicked ass as Shran. His Brunt was good but not one of the better Ferengi characters.

Dude is awesome in whatever role he has.

What a gyp! Back To The Past didn't have those! Usually they rock at stuff like that.

In any case, I really like it. I can predict what a major plot point will be (we have a lot of super-zombies who were once heroes as mindless minions of death...but they're still heroes) but it will still rock.

got it today :D

very awesome start. hal explaining to barry all the nasty shit thats gone down since he died was a nice touch, and they didnt waste any time introducing the black lanterns.

speaking of which [spoiler:19i7k9l1]good GOD are undead dibneys freaky as hell[/spoiler:19i7k9l1]

EDIT: just noticed [spoiler:19i7k9l1]zombie ch'p[/spoiler:19i7k9l1] in the black lantern crowd. this bumps this issue into 'very very awesome indeed' territory.

A

Aisaku

Can we have some names please, for those who won't buy the books but love spoliers?

Edit: Found em, I didn't think wikipedia updated this quickly.

[spoiler:q5ey7owd]Clearly identified

Black Hand (William Hand)[15]
Elongated Man (Ralph Dibny)[32]
Katma Tui (Green Lantern)[33]
Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onzz)[33]
Sue Dibny[32]

[edit]Implied

Aquaman (Arthur Curry/Orin)[34]
Atom (Al Pratt)[34]
Black Condor (Ryan Kendall)[34]
Captain Boomerang (Digger Harkness)[34]
Firestorm (Ronald Raymond)[33]