Export thread

BP CAPS THE WELL!!!!

Dave

Dave

According to CNN, the well in the gulf has been 100% capped by BP! Holy shit! FINALLY!

Can we believe them?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Dunno, but if this is really happening, it's about goddamn time.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

From this link: BBC News - BP says oil has stopped leaking

But BP is stressing that even if no oil escapes for 48 hours, that will not mean the flow of oil and gas has been stopped permanently.

Seraphyn

Seraphyn

Pff, yeah right.

Knowing BP this thing will just explode for some reason and we'll be worse off then before.

Hylian

Hylian

I hope it remains capped and doesn't spring any more leaks

Soliloquy

Man, it's only been, what, three months of constantly gushing oil?

Chibibar

is this a cap cap? or just cap so BP can tap it later to start pumping oil? (heck, with the current pressure they don't even need pumps)

Espy

Espy

According to CNN, the well in the gulf has been 100% capped by BP! Holy shit! FINALLY!

Can we believe them?
SPOILER ALERT:
No.

Matt²

Can we believe them?
SPOILER ALERT:
No.
[/QUOTE]

Damn! Ninja'd!

Troll

Troll

Hey guys we totally stopped that oil geyser! You can all relax now. Oh, and please ignore how completely fucked the Gulf of Mexico is.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I just hope those relief wells do not use the same engineers and blow-out preventers.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Too little, too late. At this point, for it to be reason of celebration, the cap should be an emissions-free horn of abundance powered by the oil underneath.

Edit: A rogue robot will sabotage it sooner or later anyway, so meh.

Calleja

Calleja

Oh man, please let it just be true, I get depressed and angry every time I think about the leak

TommiR

TommiR

They are obviously hoping this will cause people to put a lid on it.

Disconnected

I wonder which one of them finally used their thinking cap

Matt²

yay, now for $15 a gallon gas to "make up" for all the lost oil! :mad:

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

The price never went up because, that well never came to market. There is no less oil coming into the refineries. If the price is to come up, it would be to pay for the clean up. But Exxon and Valero does not have to pay for the clean up, so they will not raise their prices. So since BP will need to compete with the other big dogs, they can not raise their prices. They will just have to take minor cuts to their bottom line over the next 20 years or so that it will take to clean up this spill.

Matt²

The price never went up because, that well never came to market. There is no less oil coming into the refineries. If the price is to come up, it would be to pay for the clean up. But Exxon and Valero does not have to pay for the clean up, so they will not raise their prices. So since BP will need to compete with the other big dogs, they can not raise their prices. They will just have to take minor cuts to their bottom line over the next 20 years or so that it will take to clean up this spill.
Bullshit. They'll "find a way" to make up that lost profit. Fucking greedy execs.

Chibibar

Bullshit. They'll "find a way" to make up that lost profit. Fucking greedy execs.[/QUOTE]

price fixing? ;) more like under the table style!

Matt²

Bullshit. They'll "find a way" to make up that lost profit. Fucking greedy execs.[/QUOTE]

price fixing? ;) more like under the table style![/QUOTE]

more likely, price gouging. Ala Enron.

Calleja

Calleja

...seriously? They fuck up the entire gulf and probably affect half of the entire fucking Atlantic Ocean and you're worried about GAS PRICES?

phil

phil

Because the environment is something liberals made up to get John Q Hippie's dick hard. God will make the oil go away.

Matt²

...seriously? They fuck up the entire gulf and probably affect half of the entire fucking Atlantic Ocean and you're worried about GAS PRICES?
No, that's just the cynic in me talking.

Ross

Ross

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

No, that's just the cynic in me talking.[/QUOTE]

Stop giving us a bad name. :|

Cajungal

Cajungal

Stop giving us a bad name. :|[/QUOTE]

It kills, after all. :awesome:

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Stop giving us a bad name. :|[/QUOTE]

It kills, after all. :awesome:[/QUOTE]

Jiarn

Rayne could have solved this months ago:

nfldraftman

CincyGuy

So, is this cap going to slow down or speed up the planet-killing methane bomb that is going to explode in the Gulf?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Bullshit, back atcha mister charming.

They have already profited the amount it will cost them to clean up the mess in the first two months of the disaster. This time is the most profitable that the Oil & Gas Industry has ever seen. No body drove up the price of gas to give Exxon a hand for Prince William Sound clean up.

Dave

Dave

Matt is right in that it always seems that the industry raises prices arbitrarily and almost NEVER lowers it. I realize that the US gas prices are way, WAY cheaper than most other places in the world, but it hasn't dropped in a long time even though they say reserves are high and demand is lower.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

A gallon of gas is with in $.05 of where it was the day the rig blew up. Recently the price of gas goes up 10-20% each summer. There has not been any gouging so far.

wana10

hole may be capped but we ain't done yet! senate is investigating allegations that lockerbie bomber release may be linked to bp signing a deal with libya for oil drilling rights.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

hole may be capped but we ain't done yet! senate is investigating allegations that lockerbie bomber release may be linked to bp signing a deal with libya for oil drilling rights.
Maybe they can coat the Gulf of Sidra and the Line of Death in a nice sheen of oil.

Jiarn

According to my brother, I'm still looking for the source he used. BP owns a company that was paid to clean up the mess or something to that extent. They made plenty of money back from the spill.

Matt²

Bullshit, back atcha mister charming.

They have already profited the amount it will cost them to clean up the mess in the first two months of the disaster. This time is the most profitable that the Oil & Gas Industry has ever seen. No body drove up the price of gas to give Exxon a hand for Prince William Sound clean up.[/QUOTE]

hey sorry if I came off too strong.. argument was aimed at BP, not at you personally... sorry if that came off as personal. Wasn't meant that way.

Rob King

Rob King

I wish I could propose a toast to companies that don't screw up in the first place, but instead, here's to companies finally getting their shit together after three months of hard-earned negative press!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

What I keep finding odd, is that BP kept saying it would be August before this thing is capped. And the public and the news kept harping about when this will be over...

Uh, August?

Good that this solution is looking like it may hold until the relief wells are finished and the well is permanently capped.

LordRavage

Aquaman Man is still dead. :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

Aquaman Man is still a big sissy. :p
FTFY

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Gas, you need to see if you can find Batman the Brave and the Bold episodes with Aquaman. He rocks in that form. And is one of the funnier things that I've seen on TV in a while.

GasBandit

GasBandit