Brag About Yourself WoW-Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, it might be very worth it for tanks to gear up now. Traditionally, Blizz doesn't have tank gear as rewards during the questing/leveling portion of new content. You might have to wait until 85 to get gear with suitable avoidance/mitigation.
Not exactly, WOTLK had plenty of tanking gear through the lower levels. I could list them off but it would take me awhile so I will just mention that I got three tanking upgrades just running a single Nexus, then got further upgrades later on in Grizzly Hills, including a blue shield from the Ursoc chain. I actually tank leveled on my Blood Elf Paladin and never found myself short on upgrades from 70-80. There is also gear from Wrathgate, Ragemane, the Earthen Chain, etc...

The tank gear "shortage" during the leveling was only an issue in vanilla and burning crusade.

Let us not forget though, that even taking that into account, the changes in 4.0 have made it perfectly viable to tank in DPS gear. Health normalization means all DPS gear will have the same stamina as tank gear, defense was baked into talents so we automatically have critical immunity, and reforging means even if I do get a blue bracer with strength, stamina, and haste, I can convert half of that haste into parry, dodge, or mastery instead for extra avoidance/mitigation.

Right now, if you gem purely into stamina, your T10 will have almost the amount of stamina you would find in a "Hyjal" blue, and remember that Hyjal is one of the Cataclysm starter zones. Once you hit Deepholme (83-84) most green chests and legs, even healing ones, will have over 300 base stamina.

D

Disconnected

I definitely did it on my windrider the other day in Sholazar. Now I may have to doublecheck.
you can mount in the water.

done with wind rider and celestial steed in northrend yesterday.

Thanks to the help of some of our guildies here, I now have the Title Jenkins which in honor of my shirt, I will use as my only title. :)

D

Disconnected

last night i made a troll druid and got him to 17. fuck yeah. i was really looking forward to the world change and I'm liking it, it's fun to level again. 'end game' can suck dead monkey nuts for a while.

I keep coming within the top 5 healers in my battlegrounds. Usually top 3. It's been a lot of fun getting back into them. No real negativity yet. We won our last game by 10 points, so I was really excited that we all came together to hammer out a win. I'm sad though that I'm nearing lvl 30 and so I'll be in a new bracket for a while and not nearly as useful. those lvl 39 rogues are going to shred me.

Or die trying at least.

I leveled from 81 & 1/2 to 84 doing little else than Archaeology. Have 2 pets, a fountain, and a raptor mount.
I am actually considering just doing that tonight. I hit 84, but think that doing Archaeology may take me all the way to 85 considering how much experience people are telling me it gives. I can then always go back for quests (for more money too)

Level 85!

Also, got Stood in the Fire during an Uldum cinematic, and everyone in the cinematic instantly died. For a few seconds, I just thought that was part of the cinematic.

I leveled from 81 & 1/2 to 84 doing little else than Archaeology. Have 2 pets, a fountain, and a raptor mount.
I am actually considering just doing that tonight. I hit 84, but think that doing Archaeology may take me all the way to 85 considering how much experience people are telling me it gives. I can then always go back for quests (for more money too)[/QUOTE]

The downside of doing Archy to level is that you hit 85 with out gear. And there is just not enough blues on the AH of the right level to get me into heroics.

J

Jiarn

Hit 85 two days ago and have been random BGing my head off. Hoping to get my set of reslience for this season and begin participating in Rated BGs.

My Shaman is a Field Marshal, I'd like my druid to be at least that, if not, Grand Marshal.

So I rolled my first alt a few days ago. Redcloak...the goblin priest. On jubeithos if anybody else plays on there. Awesome name right?

Status
Not open for further replies.