Export thread

Bugs/Issues after upgrade to XF2.1

Dave

Dave

If you find a bug or issue in the system after the upgrade, please post the issue here. Thanks!

evilmike

evilmike

Is it possible to switch the positions of the 'New Posts' and 'Donate' on the menu?

Dave

Dave

Working on that now. It's been so long since I've moved tabs I've forgotten how. I even said as much in the Donation announcement. It bugs the shit out of me, too.

Dave

Dave

Found it!!

Bubble181

Bubble181

All reactions are gone. Now how am I supposed to interact with you folks? Post things, like a simple peasant?!

PatrThom

PatrThom

All reactions are gone. Now how am I supposed to interact with you folks? Post things, like a simple peasant?!
Gone on mobile as well.

—Patrick

Dave

Dave

Shit. Didn't even see that. Guess I have to update that mod as well.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Now sometimes seeing that a post has a reaction, but it’s just a square with a number in it instead of icons.

—Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Shit. Didn't even see that. Guess I have to update that mod as well.
It looks like the mod is still in place, but that is has lost all the reactions we'd set up in the previous version.

I don't want to get in the way/undo whatever you're doing, so I won't fiddle with anything unless otherwise told.

Dave

Dave

Oh ffs. Yeah, the old version wouldn't update so I had to get the newest version. I'm going to have to add all of the old ones back. And I'm not sure if it'll keep history or stats.

Dave

Dave

And when I go to the forum list I'm seeing double!

Bubble181

Bubble181

And when I go to the forum list I'm seeing double!
That's just because of the alcohol. Slow down, dude, it's like, what, 8am over there?

Also, the smiley button doesn't seem to be working on mobile.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Just checking, I think double post merging is out, too.

Dave

Dave

Smilies addon broken. Got it.

Dave

Dave

Merge double post addon broken. Got it.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Krisken and Wahad say the forum looks like this for them, on chrome and mobile

1580571037168.png

I had them flush cache and change DNS, didn't seem to help.

Dave

Dave

THIS UPDATE WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BREAK EVERYTHING!

Dave

Dave

I am updating the styles right now.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Also, the lightning button on mobile (can't check the button on desktop version right now) links to "what's new" instead of "new posts" again. I remember that happened last upgrade, too, but I don't remember if that was a setting you changed globally or something we changed in our user settings?

GasBandit

GasBandit

THIS UPDATE WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BREAK EVERYTHING!
It wouldn't be Xenforo if it didn't ;)

GasBandit

GasBandit

Also, the lightning button on mobile (can't check the button on desktop version right now) links to "what's new" instead of "new posts" again. I remember that happened last upgrade, too, but I don't remember if that was a setting you changed globally or something we changed in our user settings?
It's completely missing from the desktop, so it's probably something global.

Dave

Dave

I need to get the updated FTP information since we moved. Ugh.

Dave

Dave

IIRC, I added the lightning thing myself. Or something.

Guess I might NOT be doing an Ark raid in a couple hours. *sigh*

Bubble181

Bubble181

*hug*

GasBandit

GasBandit

It shows up when the size of the window displaying the forum is made smaller, so I think it might be something that has to be enabled on a theme by theme basis.

Dave

Dave

Yeah. I got the information to the ftp servers (finally), but can't seem to get the update script to run from the admin panel.

Dave

Dave

While I'm struggling with that, if you could look at the reactions, I'd sure be appreciative.

I still have both versions loaded but will probably need to remove the old one.

Wahad

Wahad

UI.X Dark (child) doesn't work anymore with the new upgrade. The forums are still there but the layout is borked.

Had to nagivate to the style changer (halforums.com/misc/style) manually and pick a different theme.

EDIT: Helps if I check the thread before posting. But temporary solution anyway since I don't think that got posted yet.

Dave

Dave

Disabled the UI.X styles until I can get them upgraded right. Super huge pain in the ass.

GasBandit

GasBandit

While I'm struggling with that, if you could look at the reactions, I'd sure be appreciative.
Oh man, I'm having quite the time trying to track down the reaction icons in this rats nest >_< I can't remember where they got put, and I remember it was somewhere NOT very intuitive.

Dave

Dave

Aye. That's been my morning. (Insert laughing smilie because FUCK YOU, THAT'S WHY!)

Dave

Dave

Oh, and anonymous posting. God damn it. That was the custom one that cost me an arm and a leg. Fuck fuck fuck!

GasBandit

GasBandit

And not to twist the knife, but forum performance is noticeably worse than it was even before the move to the new server :/

Dave

Dave

Yeah, that's because we're getting a metric fuckton of error messages. Once we get the styles updated those should subside. If I could get the fucking FTP to work from the admin panel.

GasBandit

GasBandit

If I could get the fucking FTP to work from the admin panel.
To get in, I had to stop using TLS in my FTP client.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I just merged the outdated templates and that seems to have sped things up a little. Didn't fix reactions, though.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Oh shoot, the bolt-to-new-posts was an addon we specifically commissioned and then had a falling out with the author, didn't we?

Bubble181

Bubble181

It shows up when the size of the window displaying the forum is made smaller, so I think it might be something that has to be enabled on a theme by theme basis.
It never did, it's just the "new posts" button on desktop-sized, I thought.

And not to twist the knife, but forum performance is noticeably worse than it was even before the move to the new server :/
Anecdotally, my performance is actually up (though still nothing to write home about)

GasBandit

GasBandit

Anecdotally, my performance is actually up (though still nothing to write home about)
It went up for me too, when I took care of a lot of outdated templates. But now it's back to chugging while Dave runs a rebuild. Should clear up in a bit.

Dave

Dave

Not exactly what I wanted to be doing today, that's for sure. I had plans.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Not exactly what I wanted to be doing today, that's for sure. I had plans.
Well, I mean, you could still do what you planned and work on this ancillary stuff as time allows. It's not like the forum is DOWN.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Well, I mean, you could still do what you planned and work on this ancillary stuff as time allows. It's not like the forum is DOWN.
Yeah, some things (like anon posting) are a important to get up relatively quickly, but a lot of stuff (double posting, new posts button,...) are really just QOL things. It'd be nice to have them back, but I don't think anyone'll be leaving over them being gone for a week or so. Please don't sacrifice your entire weekend just for this, the forum is theoretically still meant as a hobby/social thing, even for you.
Post automatically merged:

Also, both you guys' work is much appreciated.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Hey, merging works again.
Post automatically merged:

Well, sometimes, apparently

jwhouk

jwhouk

Still not seeing anything for likes/dislikes for new posts. Also, only two options for forum skin, apparently.

Dei

Dei

Still not seeing anything for likes/dislikes for new posts. Also, only two options for forum skin, apparently.
If you scrolled up and read the actual thread, you'd see why. :p

PatrThom

PatrThom

GasBandit said:
Ok, the media addon still works after the update.
Well, it works as well as it did before the update, at least.
imgur stuff is still displayed centered horizontally in a window that’s 1000px wide by 10px tall* on mobile, putting it waaaaay over to the right and half cut off. I don’t know whether to blame the add-on or imgur for that, though.

—Patrick
*(numbers are for representative purposes only and not actual)

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Well, it works as well as it did before the update, at least.
imgur stuff is still displayed centered horizontally in a window that’s 1000px wide by 10px tall* on mobile, putting it waaaaay over to the right and half cut off. I don’t know whether to blame the add-on or imgur for that, though.

—Patrick
*(numbers are for representative purposes only and not actual)
Maybe blame imgur. The Reddit Enahncement Suite does the same thing to me when loading inline imgur documents on desktop. But only if the base url is used, and not the image-specific (ending in .jpg, .png, etc) url is used.

Dave

Dave

Working with ThemeHouse to get their styles fixed. Right now XenBlue, XenMinimal, & Shades of Grey are the only ones that work.

Dave

Dave

Reactions are back, but I had to wipe the old ones and history so we're starting fresh. I'm going to need to rebuild ALL of them. Yay me! Thankfully, Gas loaded them all as icons in Discord so I think I can get them there.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Smilies are not working for me.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Just a heads up, I tried rebuilding a reaction already and even though I fed it the right image file URL, all the reactions were coming up blank.

And yeah, smilies tab stopped working for me too. But the BBcodes for them ;) still work :eek:

Dave

Dave

Working on it. It's on the pile. Funny thing is, they still work, you just have to put in the text or characters. :)

:tina:

Bubble181

Bubble181

All of the previous "likes" should be read as sad, angry, agreement, and/or hugs.

Dave

Dave

Just a heads up, I tried rebuilding a reaction already and even though I fed it the right image file URL, all the reactions were coming up blank.

And yeah, smilies tab stopped working for me too. But the BBcodes for them ;) still work :eek:
Yeah. I'm working in the DB right now. I'm getting an error that there's a table missing in the rebuild. I may have to remove everything and just reinstall.

Dave

Dave

All of the previous "likes" should be read as sad, angry, agreement, and/or hugs.
Can't. History has been wiped.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Can't. History has been wiped.
I mean that all the likes I just did in this thread, should be interpreted as (one of the above).

Also, boooooohhhhh for wiping the history. Boooooooooooohhhh

GasBandit

GasBandit

I mean that all the likes I just did in this thread, should be interpreted as (one of the above).
Those are already gone too, because they used a the old "like" system instead of the new reaction addon.

Dave

Dave

I can get the old version to work again, but not the new one. And the rebuild still gives error messages. And speaking of error messages, we're getting like a million errors right now.
  • ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: active
  • src/XF/App.php:1879
My brain hurts.

Bubble181

Bubble181

And something tells me this isn't intended behaviour eitherScreenshot_20200203-191404.png

Dave

Dave

That's because of the many uninstalls/reinstalls I've been doing to try and fix the DB issues. We were getting an error that there was a table that wasn't present after I removed the old version.

We'll see wonky shit like this until I finally get things fixed. We'll probably stay with the old reactions version, which is stupid because it wasn't supposed to work with XF2.1 but looks like it is. Which means I "upgraded" that addon for nothing.

Dave

Dave

Getting there. Fixed the DB errors and the MASSIVE amounts of error in the app.php file.

But now the reactions aren't showing again. Oy vey.

Dave

Dave

Fuck it. I'm going to open a ticket and have them install it.

PatrThom

PatrThom

FWIW, I know it’s been a headache, but I think Frank’s worth it.

—Patrick

Dave

Dave

By the way, the reactions added back are the only ones I have saved. Gas has the rest. They are in Discord, but I don't think they will work due to the way that they download. I suppose I could try it, but can't guarantee whether they will be super ugly or not.

Dave

Dave

Now on to the bbcode bar.

Dave

Dave

Never mind. The MASSIVE amount of error messages is back. Right now we are up to 1200+ pages of the same error code.

Dave

Dave

The biggest problem is that the old version of the reactions and the new are not utilizing the same code. In other words, most XF mods update once you upload the new code. In this case it installed it as a separate addon. Which means we had two addons doing the same thing at the same time and it's caused nothing but issues.

Right now I can keep #1 and get a shitload of error messages which HAS to be slowing us down. Or I can reload #2 and see if I can get it to work, but that gives an error message as well. It's frustrating. And this thread has now become my personal blog.

Dave

Dave

Smilies fixed.

Dave

Dave

Fixed the error message. In /src/XF/App.php I commented out line 1879. You know, in case I needed to revert what I'd done...

Dave

Dave

Nestled in those thousands of error messages were some TapaTalk errors. Is anyone still using TapaTalk?

GasBandit

GasBandit

I think I found all the old files still on the server in /styles/dark/ratings (and a couple in just /styles). I can't work on it right now though.

Dave

Dave

I'll look at them.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Can i just point out that, since the reactions are gone, the forum is lightning fast for me?
I mean, maybe not "lightning" but, not "have to open 10 tabs at once, go do something else, come back to read them"anymore, but just "click, open the thread, read, go back, read another".
Perhaps my massive amount of reactions was what was slowing everything down for me?

Dave

Dave

Okay so they aren't working like I thought they were. They show up but give an error if you try and use one.

InvalidArgumentException: No reaction handler for 'post' in src/XF/Repository/Reaction.php at line 314
  1. XF\Repository\Reaction->getReactionHandler() in src/XF/Repository/Reaction.php at line 165
  2. XF\Repository\Reaction->insertReaction() in src/XF/Repository/LikedContent.php at line 69
  3. XF\Repository\LikedContent->insertLike() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Reactions/Entity/ReactedContent.php at line 143
  4. ThemeHouse\Reactions\Entity\ReactedContent->toggleLike() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Reactions/Entity/ReactedContent.php at line 93
  5. ThemeHouse\Reactions\Entity\ReactedContent->_postSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1208
  6. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Reactions/Repository/ReactedContent.php at line 101
  7. ThemeHouse\Reactions\Repository\ReactedContent->insertReact() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Reactions/ControllerPlugin/React.php at line 29
  8. ThemeHouse\Reactions\ControllerPlugin\React->actionToggleReact() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/Reactions/Pub/Controller/React.php at line 27
  9. ThemeHouse\Reactions\Pub\Controller\React->actionReact() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
  10. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 262
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2184
  14. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 391
  15. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

GasBandit

GasBandit

And something tells me this isn't intended behaviour eitherView attachment 32774
Fixed this.

Dave

Dave

Dave

Dave

removed #1 as it SHOWED but was giving errors if you tried to USE it. Loaded #2 and it looks like it'll work, but the Admin panel that allows you to add new reactions is missing. Ugh.

Dave

Dave

Fuck it. Removed them both until I get a dev on the line.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Wait, the one we had 5 minutes ago that was giving 5-6 different emojis was working fine (from a user standpoint). You turned this one on and everything's already slowing down again :aaah:

GasBandit

GasBandit

It miiiiight have been something I broke the day before yesterday -_-... changed it back, and it went back to how it was supposed to be.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Nestled in those thousands of error messages were some TapaTalk errors. Is anyone still using TapaTalk?
Yes, I use it, but switch between desktop and TT depending on where I'm at.

Dave

Dave

Okay. We are getting TapaTalk errors. I was going to just get rid of it, but I guess I'll try and fix it.

Dei

Dei

Okay. We are getting TapaTalk errors. I was going to just get rid of it, but I guess I'll try and fix it.
In almost all cases, as someone who used Tapatalk for a little bit, I think your mobile internet browser does a better job than Tapatalk.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

In almost all cases, as someone who used Tapatalk for a little bit, I think your mobile internet browser does a better job than Tapatalk.
This. The only reason I keep tapatalk around is the notifications when someone quotes a post.

PatrThom

PatrThom

This. The only reason I keep tapatalk around is the notifications when someone quotes a post.
Don't the alerts already do that? And @mentions , too?

--Patrick

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Don't the alerts already do that? And @mentions , too?

--Patrick
Not on the notification screen, AFAIK.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I mean, when I log into the forum, the bell icon in the forum's menu bar will show how many notifications I have--quotes, mentions, likes*, etc.

--Patrick
*well, not exactly as before for likes.

Dei

Dei

I mean, when I log into the forum, the bell icon in the forum's menu bar will show how many notifications I have--quotes, mentions, likes*, etc.

--Patrick
I think he means push notifications.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

--Patrick
We're talking about two different things. Tapatalk gives me alerts on my phone's notification screen without ever opening the phone itself.

Dei

Dei

Some of us turn every notification our phone wants to give us off because they are annoying, so don't always remember that some people like having them. ;)

PatrThom

PatrThom

We're talking about two different things. Tapatalk gives me alerts on my phone's notification screen without ever opening the phone itself.
Yeah, that’s “push notifications.”

—Patrick

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Some of us turn every notification our phone wants to give us off because they are annoying, so don't always remember that some people like having them. ;)
I'm in that unique situation where most of those notifications are when I'm asleep with the ringer off. So I just have to scroll through them later that night.

Dave

Dave

Styles are fixed. The first time it will load slowly as it caches, but after that it'll be smooth.

Dei

Dei

I'm in that unique situation where most of those notifications are when I'm asleep with the ringer off. So I just have to scroll through them later that night.
I don't know if it's worth keeping Tapatalk just for push notifications. If you leave HF open in your browser before you go to bed, you can just click the bell when you wake up. :p

Dave

Dave

I think XF2.x HAS push notifications.

Dave

Dave

Okay, so XF2.X DOES have push notifications, but that requires PHP 7.1.0 or above. We are currently using PHP 5.6.40.

So I would need to update the PHP version. Which I can do from the WHM, but I've never done it before and I don't know what effect it would have.

Anyone familiar with PHP know what would happen?

evilmike

evilmike

It looks like when the site shifts from desktop to mobile resolution, the link that gets retained on the menu is 'what's new' and not 'new posts'. Is it possible to change this?

Dave

Dave

And, of course, while researching I get this:

: Your system’s PHP version has reached EOL. We recommend that you update to a supported version of PHP.

So I guess I HAVE to upgrade.

Dave

Dave

It looks like when the site shifts from desktop to mobile resolution, the link that gets retained on the menu is 'what's new' and not 'new posts'. Is it possible to change this?
I'll work on that.

evilmike

evilmike

And, of course, while researching I get this:

So I guess I HAVE to upgrade.
The only experience I have with upgrading PHP is with a WordPress site. When it happened on there, it seemed painless.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Was the very first thing I mentioned ;)

Dave

Dave

The PHP version is already loaded on our server, I just have to change it to that. The problem is it requires a reboot.

Dave

Dave

And it still says we are on the old version of PHP. Even after the reboot. So fuck.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Ok, so for whatever reason, when I sit on the "Streams" page, my browser's memory usage goes up to anywhere between 2.5GB and 4.5GB YES REALLY.

It seems to cycle, that is it starts at about 2.5GB, and then climbs until it hits around 4.5GB, then it falls back down to 2.5GB, repeat.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

Hmmm. Maybe there's an update for the addon. But I think I'm at the latest & greatest.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Dump it, I can change. No need to keep something for just one person.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I think @Jay uses it, too.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

Dump it, I can change. No need to keep something for just one person.
Not until I can get the PHP updated. That way I can enable push notifications natively and Tapatalk can go bye bye.

Dave

Dave

PHP updated. Push notifications have been enabled. Tapatalk is going bye bye.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

So it goes. I don't do browser notifications from anyone.

Dave

Dave

So it goes. I don't do browser notifications from anyone.
But isn't push notifications the reason I was keeping it around? Did I just fuck you over?

blotsfan

blotsfan

Are custom reactions gone forever?

Bubble181

Bubble181

On the one hand, obviously, I want my reactions back. On the other hand, those very very very clearly were what was slowing down the forum for me. Maybe another reaction mod?

GasBandit

GasBandit

I don't think so, Dave said he just needs to get a dev involved because turning them on causes cascading errors.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I don't think so, Dave said he just needs to get a dev involved because turning them on causes cascading errors.
Have you considered unchecking the "cause cascading errors" checkbox?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

But isn't push notifications the reason I was keeping it around? Did I just fuck you over?
Not really, no. Phone notifications was the only reason I kept tapatalk for as long as I have. But on the PC, they're annoying as hell. I'll get by. :)

GasBandit

GasBandit

Not really, no. Phone notifications was the only reason I kept tapatalk for as long as I have. But on the PC, they're annoying as hell. I'll get by. :)
I've enabled them on my phone but not on PC....

@Li3n

@Li3n

Can't see any embedded tweets, only the twitter symbol.

A link to them does show up while the page is loading, but disappear once it's done.

Dave

Dave

Look for ad or tracker blocking. I use DuckDuckGo and it was blocking them. I whitelisted the site and they show back up.

@Li3n

@Li3n

As i recall the last time i had this issue, none of that worked, and it just fixed itself after you guys did an update.

Too bad i don't remember how long ago that was... some time last year for sure.

Dave

Dave

I had to disable Ghostery, uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger, & DuckDuckGo's native privacy filter. But I can confirm they are working for me. Now.

GasBandit

GasBandit

They're working for me with uBlock Origin still on.

@Li3n

@Li3n

They're working for me with uBlock Origin still on.
Disabling it didn't do anything for me.

I'm on Firefox btw.

EDIT: On the plus side the NSFW Forum is finally visible to me... time to see what you pervs have been up to.

Dave

Dave

Wonder if there's something native in FireFox. I would need to test it.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Wonder if there's something native in FireFox. I would need to test it.
There is. Was going to ask if it was FF. FF does a lot just by default now.

—Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'm using firefox at home on my desktop PC, and chrome on my laptop. Both work, but maybe there is something I have turned off.

@Li3n

@Li3n

I also used FF at work, and the tweets worked.... will check again 2morrow..

Jay

Jay

I think @Jay uses it, too.

--Patrick
Thanks for the kind thought but I'm fine with whatever changes are ongoing. :)

@Li3n

@Li3n

Yup, tweets show up at work on FF.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

We need anonymous posting back. Like ASAP.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

From now on I'm assuming every anonymous post is darkaudit

Dave

Dave

I commissioned the last one that’s broken now. I paid like $100 or $150 for it. I don’t know if there’s another one out there but I’ll check.

Dave

Dave

Found one, but it’s $30 I don’t have right now. End of month kinda thing.

Bubble181

Bubble181

While I'm opted in to all forums, and I can see threads from all forums when going through New Posts, I'm not seeing the Games & More forum when going through the Forums page. Maybe it's a me issue, could someone else check?

HF1.pngHF2.png

bhamv3

bhamv3

Works fine for me.

1582103267888.png

PatrThom

PatrThom

Is it possible you accidentally ignored it?

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

...Apparently, yes. I did not even know you could ignore entire forums. Why, if there's also the opt in/opt out option? And why then does it not work with New Posts?!
Ah well. PEBKAC is real and alive and well. Sorry.

GasBandit

GasBandit

...Apparently, yes. I did not even know you could ignore entire forums. Why, if there's also the opt in/opt out option? And why then does it not work with New Posts?!
Because optional forums and ignoring forums are two separate addons and it's a wonder they even play as nice together as they do.

Dave

Dave

Reactions seem to be working again. Yay! Now all I have to do is figure out how to add new ones. The AdminCP tab for them don't show up.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Reactions seem to be working again. Yay!
Not on mobile, they aren’t. “Like” is still the only option.

Also weirdly on mobile the text editing box breaks my tablet’s automatic capital after period behavior.
And capital on newline, and capital on initial typing, and it’ll stick a capital in the middle of a word if I move the insertion point...basically I guess it breaks auto-capitalization in general.

—Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

Not on mobile, they aren’t. “Like” is still the only option.

Also weirdly on mobile the text editing box breaks my tablet’s automatic capital after period behavior.

—Patrick
Long-press "like" and you'll get the pop-up to choose a reaction.

Dave

Dave

And I can't fucking figure this out.

GasBandit

GasBandit

And I can't fucking figure this out.
Don't feel bad, I can't find the damn controls either.

Dave

Dave

Ticket time with the devs!

@Li3n

@Li3n

Tweets still not showing up, but at least now there's a text link that says "This Tweet is unavailable." that i can click on to take me to then, so that's nice.

Dave

Dave

Tweets still not showing up, but at least now there's a text link that says "This Tweet is unavailable." that i can click on to take me to then, so that's nice.
They show up for me. I wish I could help you but I can't replicate the issue.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I get the “this tweet is unavailable“ message also, but right under that (for me) it says “Disable your pop-up blocker and try again” or some such.

—Patrick

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

One minor annoyance I've found since the upgrade is that, on mobile, pressing the lightning bolt at the top takes me to What's New instead of New Posts. It's minor, but it's one more click that wasn't there before.

Dave

Dave

One minor annoyance I've found since the upgrade is that, on mobile, pressing the lightning bolt at the top takes me to What's New instead of New Posts. It's minor, but it's one more click that wasn't there before.
I KNOW! I want to change that as well. I just don't know where to change it.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I KNOW! I want to change that as well. I just don't know where to change it.
IIRC, the dude you paid to make the mod didn't give us any controls over it, and he was a dick about providing support later.

Dave

Dave

IIRC, the dude you paid to make the mod didn't give us any controls over it, and he was a dick about providing support later.
That was the anonymous posting guy.

Dave

Dave

FIXED! Holy shit! FIXED!!

(Asked over at Xenforo.com and someone linked to an addon that works!)

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'm making progress on the reactions.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I'm making progress on the reactions.
I see them all, I just can't use any without throwing a server error every other reaction.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'm seeing the errors getting thrown... working on it.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Alright, try 'er again now.

PatrThom

PatrThom

5-6 attempts on mobile, no errors.
Multiple attempts on desktop, also no errors.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

The error actually seemed to be generated when trying to invoke the default like handler from the reactions. Getting rid of that seems to make it behave.

MindDetective

MindDetective

The error actually seemed to be generated when trying to invoke the default like handler from the reactions. Getting rid of that seems to make it behave.
Did I overwrite @PatrThom 's like with my brofist?

Dave

Dave

What'd you do, man?!?

MindDetective

MindDetective

Oh, no. I misinterpreted the button for an existing like. I think we're fine.

Dave

Dave

Okay so we actually have TWO Reactions addons running. The old one that wasn't supposed to work after the change but did, and the new one that was supposed to work but didn't. I don't know why they are working together - I couldn't get either to work right on their own - but I'm not touching shit.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Did I overwrite @PatrThom 's like with my brofist?
It's also possible you reacted while I was testing. I reacted and unreacted several times in there.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

What'd you do, man?!?
I reinstalled the one that was uninstalled and decoupled the whole mess from the default like handler.

Important to note that it's still kinda broke because the reaction control panel doesn't show up on the left of the admin panel like it's spose'ta. You gotta click the reactions button below the charts on the main admin content page.

GasBandit

GasBandit

@blotsfan what theme are you using, and are you on mobile or PC, and if PC, what browser?

blotsfan

blotsfan

Xenblue, mobile, chrome. But it's working fine. My issues were me not understanding UI. The "I hate this" was because I keep having problems figuring it out with each change.

PatrThom

PatrThom

What, was there something wrong with the old "pun/sad/funny" icons?

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

What, was there something wrong with the old "pun/sad/funny" icons?

--Patrick
Would have taken more effort to restore, and these were just sitting there in the default.

@Li3n

@Li3n

I figured out what was blocking teh tweets, it was the DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials add-on, which i got who knows when...

Didn't even think to look at add-ons, i stumbled upon them by mistake this morning when pressing the wrong thing...

Dave

Dave

I told you Duck Duck Go was blocking mine before! Whenever I have to unblock a site I have to do uBlock Origin, Ghostery, DuckDuckGo, & Privacy Badger.

If an ad gets through my screen I just stand up and clap. They've earned it.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Yeah, but i didn't see DDG since it's not in any of the tool or menu bars, and i even forgot i installed it (i still don't remember, really), and uBlock is fine for me.

The second i saw it i knew that must be it.

Of course, as i've said before, last time the tweets started working without me turning it off, so it must be something more then just it blocking the links.

Oh well, at least now i know.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Did the reactions addon get borked? The reactions received by a post aren't showing correctly, and there's no longer anywhere to click to give a reaction.

1583306034790.png

Bubble181

Bubble181

Yup, seems so. And it was all working so nicely yesterday evening!

Dave

Dave

The fuck?

edit: Nothing changed so I wonder what happened. Not going to do a thing until Gas looks at it first.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sigh... looking into it.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Ok, I got the reaction thing working again, but I had to completely uninstall and reinstall it. I won't be able to add in our own custom ones til later, because I'm gonna be late for work if I don't leave now.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Aaaand then I went and did it anyway.

And @blotsfan check if the reactions now work the way you remember them before, I think I found the setting that changes that.

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

Did we lose anonymous posting? This is a bit of a hassle.

PatrThom

PatrThom

The anonymous add-on needs a rework, and apparently the guy who made it is a jerk.

--Patrick

@Li3n

@Li3n

So now the tweets show up with DDG on... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dave

Dave

The anonymous add-on needs a rework, and apparently the guy who made it is a jerk.

--Patrick
I was reached out to by someone who said they'd make me a new anonymous addon. And it would come with unlimited help so if something ever went wrong he'd fix it. All for the low, low price of $200.

I have not responded.

evilmike

evilmike

Was there ever a resolution to pages loading slowly? I haven't had a problem until recently, and it's mostly on my phone. When I click on a thread, the top of the thread page loads quickly, but it then hangs for multiple seconds before it will jump to the current new post location.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Was there ever a resolution to pages loading slowly? I haven't had a problem until recently, and it's mostly on my phone. When I click on a thread, the top of the thread page loads quickly, but it then hangs for multiple seconds before it will jump to the current new post location.
Does it happen on certain threads? I've kinda noticed that happening from time to time, but mostly in threads that are loading media embeds... which we can't really do anything about.

Dave

Dave

i thought that was fixed in upgrading to the VPS server.

GasBandit

GasBandit

In my experience, for the most part, it has. It's just on mobile, on a page with a lot of media embeds, it doesn't skip down the most recent until it's done loading all the media on the page. So if the embeds load slowly, it looks like the page has stalled. I don't think there's much we can do about that though.

But maybe Mike is experiencing something else?

evilmike

evilmike

In my experience, for the most part, it has. It's just on mobile, on a page with a lot of media embeds, it doesn't skip down the most recent until it's done loading all the media on the page. So if the embeds load slowly, it looks like the page has stalled. I don't think there's much we can do about that though.

But maybe Mike is experiencing something else?
That sounds like pretty much the problem. It's just has become more prominent in the last few weeks it taking multiple seconds to finish loading.

Dave

Dave

Probably Gas’s Coub crap.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Probably Gas’s Coub crap.
Actually, it seems to me that Twitter is the worst offender.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I will not be at all surprised to find it is somehow related to our media plug-in.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

Actually, it seems to me that Twitter is the worst offender.
But not as topical or amusing.

Bubble181

Bubble181

i thought that was fixed in upgrading to the VPS server.
Honestly, it was fixed when all our ratings got nuked. I think that's also why I suffered most, by far.
This is a separate issue, and much less troublesome in my experience - it just adds a second or so to some big threads, nothing like the minute-plus to everything.

evilmike

evilmike

It looks like I'm seeing a slowdown even on threads with no media plugins. The Post Something Bizarre About Yourself thread had a really slow load time this morning in spite of nothing more than some attached images.

GasBandit

GasBandit

It looks like I'm seeing a slowdown even on threads with no media plugins. The Post Something Bizarre About Yourself thread had a really slow load time this morning in spite of nothing more than some attached images.
Hmmm... What browser?

evilmike

evilmike

Hmmm... What browser?
Chrome

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'll see if I can investigate it.

PatrThom

PatrThom

So can someone tell me what ticking the “user_field_title.fgx_block_discussion_prv“ box in prefs would do? I assume its title would normally be something more human-friendly.

—Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

So can someone tell me what ticking the “user_field_title.fgx_block_discussion_prv“ box in prefs would do? I assume its title would normally be something more human-friendly.

—Patrick
fgx is a prefix generally associated with Xenforo mods written by a guy named Farang. So, I would make an educated guess that it's a leftover piece of code from an addon that didn't make the transition between one version of the forum and another, but we don't have the level of knowledge needed to go in and clean it out without fear of breaking something important.

PatrThom

PatrThom

we don't have the level of knowledge needed to go in and clean it out without fear of breaking something important.
Ooo, that’s so tempting.

—Patrick

Dave

Dave

So tempting....