Bull gets Revenge on Matador

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soliloquy

Kind of hard to feel bad for the guy.

I mean, he was trying to stab the bull to death.

---------- Post added at 03:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 AM ----------

At the same time, I don't have the same aversion to bullfighting that some people have.

My logic is: if you're going to be killed and eaten anyway, wouldn't you want a shot at the person who's going to kill you?

It makes you wonder why this is still going on. Is tradition really -that- important to people?

S

Soliloquy

Well, people are willing to take the risk, it gains them fame, and people watch it.

People get seriously injured in other sports as well. I wonder what the comparative statistics are.

M

Matt²

ouch!! Very similar to what happened to Timothy Dalton's character in Hot Fuzz. OUch!!

C

crono1224

Oh the guy lived and the bull was killed, justice was served. How dare that bull attack that man, after all the humane treatment it had leading up to the fight.

C

Chazwozel

Kind of hard to feel bad for the guy.

I mean, he was trying to stab the bull to death.

---------- Post added at 03:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 AM ----------

At the same time, I don't have the same aversion to bullfighting that some people have.

My logic is: if you're going to be killed and eaten anyway, wouldn't you want a shot at the person who's going to kill you?
Fucker got a taste of his own medicine. I don't feel bad for him.

C

Chibibar

It is fighting to the death (usually for the bull) so........ this can totally happen the other way around. I do feel kinda bad for the lost of human life, BUT at the same time he DID going in to this job knowing the risk (fame and fortune)

I mean if it was an IT guy working at his desk and a bull charges in and kill the guy (that would be scary) I would totally feel sorry for the guy.

P

Philosopher B.

I do feel kinda bad for the lost of human life
They saved the dude.

That's one helluva picture/video they got, though. I had to force myself to look away. It was like my eyes were rooted to the spot. *Shudder*

C

Chibibar

I do feel kinda bad for the lost of human life
They saved the dude.

That's one helluva picture/video they got, though. I had to force myself to look away. It was like my eyes were rooted to the spot. *Shudder*[/QUOTE]

ah.. I miss that part cause well.... there is that one horn coming out of the dude's mouth and kinda skim the reading.

I never got the point of it unless the bull can actually kill you.... otherwise is just animal cruelty.

C

Chazwozel

I never got the point of it unless the bull can actually kill you.... otherwise is just animal cruelty.

It's no different than bear baiting, dog fighting, or cockfighting. All of which are illegal in a lot of countries.

C

Chibibar

It's no different than bear baiting, dog fighting, or cockfighting. All of which are illegal in a lot of countries.[/QUOTE]

Yea. But I guess the Bull gets to fight back (I don't know about Bear baiting) but the bull is pretty tough creature, but yea. It is pretty cruel.

C

Chazwozel

It's no different than bear baiting, dog fighting, or cockfighting. All of which are illegal in a lot of countries.[/QUOTE]

Yea. But I guess the Bull gets to fight back (I don't know about Bear baiting) but the bull is pretty tough creature, but yea. It is pretty cruel.[/QUOTE]

The bear gets to fight back too.

People defend bull fighting because it's part of Spanish culture. That doesn't dismiss it's cruelty and uselessness.

C

Chibibar

cockfighting has been around in Thailand for ages (so is dog) but those are frown upon. It is part of the culture (as far as I can remember it)

C

Chazwozel

cockfighting has been around in Thailand for ages (so is dog) but those are frown upon. It is part of the culture (as far as I can remember it)
Yeah, in certain states it's Islamic culture to beat your wife for looking at you cross-eyed, or some African tribes to sew up a young woman's vagina to prevent premarital intercourse. Culture doesn't make it right.

Yeah, in certain states it's Islamic culture to beat your wife for looking at you cross-eyed, or some African tribes to sew up a young woman's vagina to prevent premarital intercourse. Culture doesn't make it right.[/QUOTE]

Culture is the only thing that makes anything right or wrong.

C

Chazwozel

Yeah, in certain states it's Islamic culture to beat your wife for looking at you cross-eyed, or some African tribes to sew up a young woman's vagina to prevent premarital intercourse. Culture doesn't make it right.[/QUOTE]

Culture is the only thing that makes anything right or wrong.[/QUOTE]

No, it's Jesus! You blasphemous heathen!

No, it's Jesus! You blasphemous heathen![/QUOTE]

If that is your culture....

When parts of culture are in contradiction one of them must be wrong.

I have less of a problem with bull fighting than I have with the other blood sports. It is cattle's lot in life to die in service of the human population.

One way or another that bull is going to end up as carne asada. At least the bull gets the chance to fight on its way to death. Instead of walking down a narrow passage to run into a man holding a pneumatic hammer.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

When parts of culture are in contradiction one of them must be wrong.[/QUOTE]

I'll break down culture to the definition I used to give in my Geography Classes. Culture is the sum of things that Humans do, that Dogs do not do.

I have less of a problem with bull fighting than I have with the other blood sports. It is cattle's lot in life to die in service of the human population.

One way or another that bull is going to end up as carne asada. At least the bull gets the chance to fight on its way to death. Instead of walking down a narrow passage to run into a man holding a pneumatic hammer.
Ah, but does it?

Ah, but does it?[/QUOTE]

I said fight, not win.

Then again, damn few of those bulls to get to walk out of the arena to breed.

C

Chibibar

I never claim it is right. I said it was part of the culture and it was frown upon.

Expanding thought: Then eventually ban in many country. While Bull fighting is part of the culture, it is wrong and cruel (in my book) BUT it is STILL allow compare to the other animal fighting culture. Why?

The further cultures get away from agriculture as the primary economic activity, the stronger the animal rights activists get. My grand fathers would be dumbfounded that cockfighting would be outlawed on animal cruelty grounds. One of them did get busted for the gambling that went on at the fight. My parents are completely surprised that you can go to jail for shooting a stray animal on your property, or for putting down your own pet.

My problem is only partly with bullfigting itself. Most of what I don't like is the freaking hypocrisy of all these other things, which may be even less cruel than bull fights, are forbidden because they are understood as animal cruelty. And somehow, what they do in the plaza gets a pass because... it's art, they say. The fuck?

Ever since the Goths and other wanderers settled your fine nation, there has been some form of cow related blood sport. It is difficult at best to say the things your forefathers loved were wrong and need to be stopped. Especially when these sports go back at least 1600 years in Spain. Dog Fighting is much younger, it came out of the bans on Bull, Bear, and Rat baiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.