Can it be sad time now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chazwozel

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/10/Flo ... topstories

Eight children were found in the Florida home of their slain parents, who apparently were the victims of a home invasion, police confirmed to CNN Friday.
Byrd and Melanie Billings gather with their children.

Byrd and Melanie Billings gather with their children.
Click to view previous image
1 of 2
Click to view next image

The couple was found shot Thursday night in their Beulah home, said Escambia County Police spokesman Sgt. Ted Roy. One of the parents was shot in the head, he said. Beulah is about 17 miles northwest of Pensacola.

The victims were identified as Byrd and Melanie Billings by Jeff Martin, director of the District Medical Examiner's Office. Autopsies have not been completed, he said.

The Billings have 16 children; 12 of them adopted, some of whom have special needs, the Pensacola News Journal reported.

Nancy Markham, a relative of the family, told CNN affiliate WEAR-TV that her son was inside the Billings' home when the shootings occurred.

\"He said that Bud and Melanie had, both of them had been murdered,\" Markham said.
Don't Miss

* Family blessed with love of children

Emergency personnel and police went to the home Thursday night after receiving a call just before 8 p.m. about shots being fired, Roy said. An employee of the couple found their bodies, he said.

When police arrived they discovered the children also in the house, he said. The children, who ranged in age from infant to about 11 years old, were unharmed, he said.

Authorities are looking for three males in a red van in connection with the slayings, Roy said.
Man what a shitty thing to happen to two good people.

C

Chibibar

that is harsh :( poor children. I cannot even imagine what they are thinking right now :(

Oh my god -- I remember reading a news story or something about this couple a while ago, and all the children they'd adopted with special needs. How absolutely horrible that this happened to them. My heart goes out to those kids.

Cajungal

Staff member
:tear: It is most definitely sad time. Those poor children. I can't imagine what they must be going through.

C

Chazwozel

ZenMonkey said:
Oh my god -- I remember reading a news story or something about this couple a while ago, and all the children they'd adopted with special needs. How absolutely horrible that this happened to them. My heart goes out to those kids.

Yeah, those two had such good hearts to take on such responsibility and share their love by giving a whole bunch of kids a family, and then some shitheads decide to break into their home... This story makes me both sad and angry.

And my wife wonders why I'm pushing the purchase of a Rottweiler or German Shepherd.

C

Chazwozel

sixpackshaker said:
Man, those kids, Orphaned twice. :(

<--German Shepherd Dog, all the way. Infinitely more trainable, and a bit better around kids.
My rents and sister have GSD's which is why I'd like a Rottweiler to mix things up. Rottweilers are really good around kids too, you just have to socialize them with children. Considering I've got two toddlers running around, that shouldn't be a problem. Rottweilers require A LOT of discipline and structure and are not for inexperienced dog owners or for a dog owner looking to be a 'buddy' for a dog. With large, potentially dangerous dogs, you MUST assert yourself as alpha or they'll dominate your ass.

I think it's been said that the two best deterrents for a home invasion are the sound of a large dog barking and the racking of a shotgun. :thumbsup:

Chazwozel said:
sixpackshaker said:

<--German Shepherd Dog, all the way. Infinitely more trainable, and a bit better around kids.
My rents and sister have GSD's which is why I'd like a Rottweiler to mix things up. Rottweilers are really good around kids too, you just have to socialize them with children. Considering I've got two toddlers running around, that shouldn't be a problem. Rottweilers require A LOT of discipline and structure and are not for inexperienced dog owners or for a dog owner looking to be a 'buddy' for a dog. With large, potentially dangerous dogs, you MUST assert yourself as alpha or they'll dominate your a**.

I think it's been said that the two best deterrents for a home invasion are the sound of a large dog barking and the racking of a shotgun. :thumbsup:

I agree as long as you raise a Rottweiler properly it is a great pet. It will be super loyal and protective of your family. My dad had a Rottweiler while I was growing up and it was an awesome dog.

C

Chazwozel

hylian said:
Chazwozel said:
sixpackshaker said:

My rents and sister have GSD's which is why I'd like a Rottweiler to mix things up. Rottweilers are really good around kids too, you just have to socialize them with children. Considering I've got two toddlers running around, that shouldn't be a problem. Rottweilers require A LOT of discipline and structure and are not for inexperienced dog owners or for a dog owner looking to be a 'buddy' for a dog. With large, potentially dangerous dogs, you MUST assert yourself as alpha or they'll dominate your a**.

I agree as long as you raise a Rottweiler properly it is a great pet. It will be super loyal and protective of your family. My dad had a Rottweiler while I was growing up and it was an awesome dog.
They can be too over-protective, which is why Rottweiler owners need to be the ones in charge. The reason these dogs, GSDs, and Pittbulls get such a bad rap is because inexperienced idiots try to train them to be vicious when these dogs already have an instinctive urge to protect their territory and family. My parent's GSDs will literally let my kids do anything to it, tug on their ears, pull tails, grab at noses. One time a group of teenage guys hopped the fence into my parent's backyard to go swimming in the pool. I don't think I ever heard more girlie screams from a bunch of 'men'. Working dogs know when to attack without the training.

Chazwozel said:
hylian said:
Chazwozel said:
sixpackshaker said:

They can be too over-protective, which is why Rottweiler owners need to be the ones in charge. The reason these dogs, GSDs, and Pittbulls get such a bad rap is because inexperienced idiots try to train them to be vicious when these dogs already have an instinctive urge to protect their territory and family.

I agree that you need to teach it that you are the top dog not it. But I think that holds true for any dog no matter what breed. I agree it probably is more true for Rots and Pit Bulls and the like.

C

Chazwozel

hylian said:
Chazwozel said:
hylian said:
Chazwozel said:

They can be too over-protective, which is why Rottweiler owners need to be the ones in charge. The reason these dogs, GSDs, and Pittbulls get such a bad rap is because inexperienced idiots try to train them to be vicious when these dogs already have an instinctive urge to protect their territory and family.

I agree that you need to teach it that you are the top dog not it. But I think that holds true for any dog no matter what breed. I agree it probably is more true for Rots and Pit Bulls and the like.
Well yeah it's true, but unlike a teacup Chihuahua, a Rottweiler can tear your nuts off and eat them.

C

Chibibar

Chazwozel said:
ZenMonkey said:

Yeah, those two had such good hearts to take on such responsibility and share their love by giving a whole bunch of kids a family, and then some shitheads decide to break into their home... This story makes me both sad and angry.

And my wife wonders why I'm pushing the purchase of a Rottweiler or German Shepherd.
I cannot imagine these kids being orphan again :( I hope these criminals get the max penalty.

L

Lally

Chazwozel said:
They can be too over-protective, which is why Rottweiler owners need to be the ones in charge. The reason these dogs, GSDs, and Pittbulls get such a bad rap is because inexperienced idiots try to train them to be vicious when these dogs already have an instinctive urge to protect their territory and family. My parent's GSDs will literally let my kids do anything to it, tug on their ears, pull tails, grab at noses. One time a group of teenage guys hopped the fence into my parent's backyard to go swimming in the pool. I don't think I ever heard more girlie screams from a bunch of 'men'. Working dogs know when to attack without the training.
So this. It's all a matter of how you train them. My boyfriend's family used to have a German Shepherd/wolf mix, and while I never got to meet her, all family accounts are that she was the absolute sweetest dog you could ever hope to meet... that would terrify the everloving crap out of any strangers that came in the yard.

rac3r_x said:
Go King Shepherd:

Which one is the king shepherd? As far as teaching a pit bull who's the top dog I've heard the best way is to assrape it when you get it home. A couple of times of that and the dog knows not to fuck with you.

Now to the original story, do they think this is a random crime? Why would someone target a household with that many people inside? I'm wondering if it's and adult who had previously lived with them as a child or someone who had a grudge to settle.

C

Chibibar

Chazwozel said:
http://www.abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=8067376&page=1

They caught the sons of bitches...
:waah:

Man... I'm glad the kids are ok and the parents did plan in case bad thing happens (They didn't plan this, but at least they plan) This is sad.

The killers KNEW about the family and still kill them? I would like to see the motive on this one cause I sure don't understand it.

Chibibar said:
The killers KNEW about the family and still kill them? I would like to see the motive on this one cause I sure don't understand it.
They said the motive was money. They were loaded.

C

Chibibar

Shegokigo said:
Chibibar said:
ok... you can rob people and not kill them.

The article is not clear if the robber was successful or not (robbing) but they are professional killers (so the article states) I am waiting for more news.

Chibibar said:
Shegokigo said:
Chibibar said:

The article is not clear if the robber was successful or not (robbing) but they are professional killers (so the article states) I am waiting for more news.
Apparently they were attacked by Ninja's as well. "In addition to a red van seen dropping suspects off at the front door of the sprawling nine-bedroom home west of Pensacola, surveillance video showed men in ninja garb entering the back of the home through a utility door that had been left unlocked."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090713/ap_on_re_us/us_florida_couple_slain_46

This is going to be one of those stories thats going to keep getting worse isn't it.

Steve said:
Which one is the king shepherd? As far as teaching a pit bull who's the top dog I've heard the best way is to assrape it when you get it home. A couple of times of that and the dog knows not to smurf with you.
haha they do kind of look the sa-what.

^my thought process reading the above quote.

C

Chibibar

bigcountry23 said:
Chibibar said:
Shegokigo said:
Chibibar said:

Apparently they were attacked by Ninja's as well. "In addition to a red van seen dropping suspects off at the front door of the sprawling nine-bedroom home west of Pensacola, surveillance video showed men in ninja garb entering the back of the home through a utility door that had been left unlocked."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090713/ap_on_re_us/us_florida_couple_slain_46

This is going to be one of those stories thats going to keep getting worse isn't it.
ok.. so this article said the suspects did not know then Billings :( weird. All kinds of report.

Ninjas? multiple gun shot wounds, killing the parents. I wonder if the suspects actually rob anything before bailing? (which they didn't say)

P

Pojodan

Chibibar said:
Chazwozel said:
http://www.abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=8067376&page=1

They caught the sons of bitches...
:waah:

Man... I'm glad the kids are ok and the parents did plan in case bad thing happens (They didn't plan this, but at least they plan) This is sad.

Rarely do I deem someone worthy of death, but these 'people' are among them. :devil:

Two teams of four individuals. Three entered from the front, three came in the back way. One guy stayed with a vehicle on both sides of the house. They were in the house less than 5 minutes. They knew exactly what they were going for and the murder was planned in advance.

It's still unclear what they were going for. I don't think there would be enough loose cash to satisfy an 8-way split.

Edrondol said:
Two teams of four individuals. Three entered from the front, three came in the back way. One guy stayed with a vehicle on both sides of the house. They were in the house less than 5 minutes. They knew exactly what they were going for and the murder was planned in advance.

It's still unclear what they were going for. I don't think there would be enough loose cash to satisfy an 8-way split.
what the fuck.

P

Pojodan

Gurpel said:
Edrondol said:

what the smurf.
Fair chance they hit the wrong house, I suppose.

No, this was not the wrong house. It was too precise. I'm going to be very interested when the rest of this information comes out.

C

Chibibar

Edrondol said:
No, this was not the wrong house. It was too precise. I'm going to be very interested when the rest of this information comes out.
I saw the picture of the house. It is pretty hard to hit the wrong house. I mean the house is huge, yard and everything. Unless there is another house just like it in the neighborhood I highly doubt it. It is still sad :(

According to the news, the couple seems like nice people. I can't imagine any shady dealings for them (I mean that would risk losing all those kids they adopt) it is not cheap to adopt a kid, and it would be risky for the couple to do any illegal stuff that could lose all 16 children. That is how I would think. I wouldn't want to do anything to lose my children.

So.... with the new info of TWO team of 4?? broke in, kill two people and leave. That is nuts.

Simply put, if it had been the wrong house, they wouldn't have killed the people inside. Something tells me there's more than meets the eye to this "couple".

Status
Not open for further replies.