Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
jwhouk said:
Adammon said:
I just bought Consumer Report's Worst Vehicle of 2009, so I don't know if I'm in any place to give car advice :) That said, I love it :)
Heh... My dear sweet wife replaced her old Neon with a car that has apparently gotten no love in terms of reliability and resale value.

We still love it, though.
Well, I just bought a 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - they actually won a best resale value award for SUVs and reliability is ...well....Dodge product so *shrug*.

No, the reason it won Worst Vehicle is because of terrible gas mileage and a rough ride.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/aut ... index.html

"Consumer Reports performs off-road testing at its Connecticut proving grounds, but off-road ability doesn't factor into the final scores."

The Hummer H3 actually scored higher :(

Thanks to the title of this thread I have had this running through my head all day.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXEu1odjKZM:3orxs33j][/youtube:3orxs33j]

Want to pay less for insurance? Be over the age of 25 with a clean record and have advanced police driving training.

True story.

Frankie said:
Want to pay less for insurance? Be over the age of 25 with a clean record and have advanced police driving training.

True story.

On the other hand, if you want to see how much the insurance company can screw you without lubrication, try being under 25, with 4 accidents (NOT IN FAULT, damn them), male, and live ina large city. Since I keep my official domicile at my parent's place, I only pay €1100 a year. If I moved it here, it'd be €1700 - and that's just for the legal minimum. An omnium insurance (that actually covers anything) would run me more a year than my car's worth. Ugh.

General Fuzzy McBitty said:
How do I know how low I can haggle them? :Leyla:
Check the interwebs for what your car is going for at other dealers. The lowest number you find means that somebody out there can sell the car for that and walk away with enough profit to keep his salesmen and himself happy. After that I really have no idea since I've never really haggled before. The first step though is pretty standerd.

Maybe knock off $2,000 from that number and keep on trying to get down to that.

I think I'm going to go in and ask for it for 18.5 out the door with tax, title, and registration.
I don't think that'll happen given that, based on my research, the car probably costs them somewhere in the neighborhood of 17+ ... but it can't hurt to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.