Casey Kasem hospitalized

Ok, no snarky crap about age. Yes, he's a celeb whose popular days are behind him, but this is weird on its own merits.

People Magazine said:
Casey Kasem has been taken by ambulance to a hospital in Washington state following an incident between his wife and daughter.

In the latest – and by far most bizarre – episode during a long family battle, Kasem's wife Jean threw a pound of hamburger meat at Kerri Kasem, his daughter from his first marriage, NBC News reports.

Kerri Kasem arrived with an ambulance at the home where her father is staying on Sunday, but paramedics were not allowed inside. After the authorities were called and arrived at the house, Jean Kasem, 59, threw the meat, NBC reports.

"In the name of King David, I threw a piece of raw meat into the street in exchange for my husband to the wild rabid dogs," Jean Kasem said, according to NBC.

After the incident, the paramedics were allowed to transport Kasem to the hospital.

Kerri's spokesman, Danny Deraney, tells The Associated Press that she accompanied her father to the hospital. He didn't know where the 82-year-old entertainer went.

His condition isn't known, but Kerri Kasem said in court Friday that her father is suffering from bedsores and lung and bladder infections. She also has said her father has a form of dementia.

RELATED: Jean Kasem Fights Back Against 'Fraudulent' Claims

Jean had removed the radio icon, 82, from a Santa Monica facility in May and transported him to Washington state without notifying his family. But a Kitsap County, Washington, judge ruled Friday that Kerri could have a doctor of her choosing examine her father.

A message left for Jean Kasem's representative wasn't immediately returned.

Casey Kasem and his wife have been staying with friends west of Seattle

Dave

Staff member
It's really no wonder the kids fear for their dad. This woman is freaky. And I mean that in a bad way, not a good way, although that's possible as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1401801840,1401801780][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh god! She's the tall blonde from Ghostbusters who dances with Rick Moranis at his party!

GasBandit

Staff member
The very defining embodiment... the epitome... the very avatar if you will... of empty headed arm candy. I know that dances on the edge of misogyny, but I don't think she's actually a woman - to be a woman you have to be a person, and this is clearly a flesh and blood cartoon.