Census worker found hanged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, the Census is also practically useless in providing one bit of relevant data we need: Numbers of illegals in a community. I'd imagine some of the Census resistance is from groups worried about outing themselves and having to deal with INS.
How would we get an accurate census if the danger of deportation was present? That is my only concern in regards to this. I'm not getting into the illegal immigrant discussion in this particular thread, but I think we would have less of an idea of how many people are living in a given area if people were required to prove citizenship.

I

Iaculus

Of course, the Census is also practically useless in providing one bit of relevant data we need: Numbers of illegals in a community. I'd imagine some of the Census resistance is from groups worried about outing themselves and having to deal with INS.
Some, but likely not that much. To be honest, this sounds more like your basic redneck antigovernment paranoia.

How would we get an accurate census if the danger of deportation was present? That is my only concern in regards to this. I'm not getting into the illegal immigrant discussion in this particular thread, but I think we would have less of an idea of how many people are living in a given area if people were required to prove citizenship.[/QUOTE]

That's kind of my point. I'm saying that the number of illegals in an area would be a relevant data to have, and that the Census would be an ideal way of gathering that information, but that we'd never be able to gather it this way because people would be afraid of being rounded up if they coped to it.

How would we get an accurate census if the danger of deportation was present? That is my only concern in regards to this. I'm not getting into the illegal immigrant discussion in this particular thread, but I think we would have less of an idea of how many people are living in a given area if people were required to prove citizenship.[/quote]

That's kind of my point. I'm saying that the number of illegals in an area would be a relevant data to have, and that the Census would be an ideal way of gathering that information, but that we'd never be able to gather it this way because people would be afraid of being rounded up if they coped to it.[/QUOTE]
Ah. I think I misread your post my first time through. Now that I've read it again, I can see that we're saying the same thing.

That might be true for sampling too. Isn't it about time we did some amending of that ol' scrap of paper anyway?
Is sampling mandated in the Constitution? (Sorry, I know I should just look that up.) I can't remember if they mention the method, I just (think I) remember that the census is mentioned in there somehow.

Could this possibly have been a less useful post. No it could not.

So big shock (well, probably to the nuts out there who were going, "See??? Proof that the right is nuts and murderers! Yeeeeeeeeehaw!"): He killed himself and staged the whole thing.
http://news.aol.com/article/investigators-say-kentucky-census-worker/766376
Police Say Census Worker Killed Himself
FRANKFORT, Ky. (Nov. 24) - Authorities are saying a Kentucky census worker found hanging from a tree with \"fed\" scrawled on his chest committed suicide and staged his death to look like a homicide.
Investigators say Sparkman acted alone in manipulating the scene to conceal the suicide.
The news release says Sparkman had recently taken out two life insurance policies that would not pay out for suicide.

Dave

Staff member
Interesting. That's a lot of stuff to go through to conceal a suicide. Next time just pop some pills (enough to make yourself drowsy) and drive into a body of water. You die & tox screen comes back as having these in your system. BAM! Accident.

W

WolfOfOdin

Sad that someone was that desperate to get money for whoever.

I take issue with the Left OR the Right inciting violence, however. Bachman's a bat-shit insane lunatic and Beck's a paranoid nut. I don't have any love for Olbermann or Madow though....I get the bulk of my news from the BBC.

S

Soliloquy

Ah, gotta love the crazies that commented on the article.

DonDon747 said:
The police will not bother to investigate a very obivious murder. The total absurdy that this guy killed himself while at work by hanging himself bound with duct tape and scraching the word fed on to himself is absurd. The guy was obivously murded. Secondly it proably the house after his last recorded cencus. Eather a gang killing or a meth up psyco killer.
Jfatala2 said:
YET ANOTHER COVERUP BY THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION, THIS GUY WAS PROBABLY MURDERED BY SOME OF OBAMA'S ISLAMO FRIENDS AND NOW OBAMA HAS ORDERED A COVER UP.
(can't be sure if that one's being serious or not)

Fran Platt said:
Even if they're right & this guy really did manage somehow to truss himself up & commit suicide, I'd be willing to bet that we'll see some real murders of Census workers in 2010 by white supremacist wingnuts who are paranoid that the Obama boogeyman is coming to take their gun collections away.
ForrestFreedman said:
Another government cover-up...how stupid do they think we really are...I guess they think a majority is really stupid...because a majority elected President Obama-nation.

If this version is proven to be true, will it cause me to apologize to Bachmann, Beck, or their fans/supporters? NO FUCKING WAY. Because they are still talking violence against a duly elected government and it's representatives.

S

Soliloquy

If this version is proven to be true, will it cause me to apologize to Bachmann, Beck, or their fans/supporters? NO FUCKING WAY. Because they are still talking violence against a duly elected government and it's representatives.
I'm not sure, but I think the police have pretty much closed the case with this press release.

C

Chibibar

I hardly read the Yahoo comments any more. My head hurts from all the off the wall comments.

The only thing I'm waiting for is how he tied his hands with the duct tape. It's the only thing I have trouble with. Other than that, I can easily see all the connections on how this could be a suicide.

If it is, it's just another sad example of people causing fear where it shouldn't be. Just like the crazy girl who carved into herself and blamed Obama supporters. Not cool no matter who does it.

Evidence? Dude was listening to an INXS cd and carrying a David Carradine fan club card on him. What more evidence do you need?

S

Soliloquy

The only thing I'm waiting for is how he tied his hands with the duct tape. It's the only thing I have trouble with. Other than that, I can easily see all the connections on how this could be a suicide.
Taping your hands together isn't all that hard. I decided to make a video of it so to point people towards when they start claiming that the tape is proof of some kind of conspiracy.

So here you can see me in all of my awkward glory:

A

Armadillo

Waiting for evidence supporting this claim.

While fun to watch Soliliquy, it leaves me with one thing to ask- did police find the roll of tape by the body (or still attached). I'm pretty well convinced it's a suicide now.

Armadillo-

"O’REILLY: Yeah, tax revolt. I think people, when they figure out how badly they’re going to get hurt in the next few years, there’s going to be a tea party on taxes and its gonna get nasty. Nancy Pelosi’s going to be bobbing up and down in the Boston Harbor."

Limbaugh Dreams of riots in Denver

Beck

Definitely classy!

A

Armadillo

Certainly not classy, but hardly a serious threat against either President Obama or any other leader. As I've stated before, Beck always calls for any protests or "revolutions" to be non-violent in nature, and has stated that one of his greatest fears is that someone's "going to do something stupid."

You didn't ask for a serious threat. You asked for proof of violent rhetoric from those figures.

Plenty of people have said "I mean no violence" while spouting rhetoric designed to cause violence.

Armadillo, are you really that dense? When Bachmann tells people that if they fill out the census, they'll end up in internment camps, just what the smurf do you expect to happen? Census workers met with unicorns and rainbows?

A

Armadillo

Armadillo, are you really that dense? When Bachmann tells people that if they fill out the census, they'll end up in internment camps, just what the smurf do you expect to happen? Census workers met with unicorns and rainbows?
So how many census workers have been killed by people motivated by Michelle Bachmann?

So how many census workers have been killed by people motivated by Michelle Bachmann?[/QUOTE]
How magically obtuse of you.

A

Armadillo

So how many census workers have been killed by people motivated by Michelle Bachmann?[/QUOTE]
How magically obtuse of you.[/QUOTE]

How is it obtuse? DA is saying Bachmann and her ilk are encouraging violence against the government in a thread about the dead census worker, the implication being that somehow she's responsible for it. I asked how many workers have been killed because of Bachmann. (The answer is zero, by the way.)

Here's the Bachmann quote for the sake of context:

“If we look at American history -- between 1942 and 1947 -- the data that was collected by the Census Bureau was handed over to the FBI and other organizations at the request of President Roosevelt,” Bachmann said.

“That’s how the Japanese were rounded up and put into the internment camps. I’m not saying that’s what the administration is planning to do. But I am saying that private, personal information that was given to the Census Bureau in the 1940s was used against Americans to round them up.”
So I guess we're to ignore the bolded part, right?

How many dead cops? At least three. You don't seriously think that idiot in Pittsburgh came up with the "Obama's coming to take my guns away" all on his lonesome, do you?

On second thought, you probably do. :facepalm:

So how many census workers have been killed by people motivated by Michelle Bachmann?[/quote]
How magically obtuse of you.[/quote]

How is it obtuse? DA is saying Bachmann and her ilk are encouraging violence against the government in a thread about the dead census worker, the implication being that somehow she's responsible for it. I asked how many workers have been killed because of Bachmann. (The answer is zero, by the way.)

Here's the Bachmann quote for the sake of context:

“If we look at American history -- between 1942 and 1947 -- the data that was collected by the Census Bureau was handed over to the FBI and other organizations at the request of President Roosevelt,” Bachmann said.

“That’s how the Japanese were rounded up and put into the internment camps. I’m not saying that’s what the administration is planning to do. But I am saying that private, personal information that was given to the Census Bureau in the 1940s was used against Americans to round them up.”
So I guess we're to ignore the bolded part, right?[/quote]
Since when does violent rhetoric mean "kill"??? Since when does the rhetoric have to be perpetrated against "officials" to be considered violent? This is why i called you "obtuse". You're being intentionally ignorant.

And to say "well, she said she's NOT saying that" is just being obtuse. it's like trying to say "well, he says he's not having an affair, so he must not be!" It's ridiculous and childish to not look at the words and rhetoric and see who they are being aimed at and what they are trying to say with those words.

I know for a fact my mom doesn't watch Fox, but she still thinks that the reason the prices on guns and ammunition have risen is because of Obama. She is sure that he is out to take our guns away. She even told me to buy as many guns as I can.

I'm not trying to defend what Fox does, because I don't agree with them. I don't think Fox isn't the problem though. They aren't helping anything, but they have no obligation to do so.

I know for a fact my mom doesn't watch Fox, but she still thinks that the reason the prices on guns and ammunition have risen is because of Obama.
In a way, she is right: The irrational idea that he would somehow, magically be able to disarm the American public within 8 years IS what drove up the prices on guns and ammunition. Ammo is especially hard to find because people keep buying it whenever a new shipment comes in. I've heard that some police departments are facing shortages because of this.

I know for a fact my mom doesn't watch Fox, but she still thinks that the reason the prices on guns and ammunition have risen is because of Obama.
In a way, she is right: The irrational idea that he would somehow, magically be able to disarm the American public within 8 years IS what drove up the prices on guns and ammunition. Ammo is especially hard to find because people keep buying it whenever a new shipment comes in. I've heard that some police departments are facing shortages because of this.[/QUOTE]

I agree. The problem is that she thinks that it's Obama's doing rather than the irrational fear of the masses.

Status
Not open for further replies.