Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

North_Ranger

Staff member
5-10 minutes. By walking.

I live practically next door to the university campus. The downside is that the university campus is also located on the top of a huge, steep hill and its less steep side. So sometimes to get to the other offices and class rooms, I have to take a 15-minute-or-so detour AROUND the hill.

M

meyoumeyou

I don't even know how to categorize mine.

Normally anywhere from a 5-15 hour drive to the city I'll be working in at the start of a week. From then on though its generally a 5 mile or less commute from the hotel. It's really grand when a decent hotel is to be found within less than a mile.

O

Olorin

It's about 3 seconds from my bed to my desk. Working at home has some advantages :)

R

redapples

I used to drive with my wife and kids. She was made redundant and my eldest started school.

My drive took about 1 hour 45 minutes. I get the train now and it takes 1 hour 20 including waiting time for the train (about 10 minutes). I save time and money and am chewing books up so win, win, win.

I think being a little sweaty should be acceptable. We're all too clean as it is.
I don't have access to an area to change clothes, and appearance is half of my job requirement.[/QUOTE]

I just heard a story on NPR about bike commuters in NY. There's a lot of folks that want to start pushing employers to have facilities for bikers or folks just need to get used to a bit of funk around the office.

I understand your professional attire requirement. I had one of those jobs at one time. Being a grad student, a certain amount of dishevelment is expected. If you look neat and tidy that means your not working/studying enough.

Cajungal

Staff member
Many different answers:

*On most days, 10 minutes to get to school simply because of a one-lane road and heavy student traffic.

*My school #1 for teaching: about 30 minutes, mostly on I-10.

*School #2: 20 minutes into inner-city Baton Rouge

*School #3: About 20 minutes to a small rural town outside of BR, mostly on 110.

I walk to work from class, and that takes about 5-10 minutes.

20-30 minute walk, or a 7-10 minute bus ride.

I could definitely use the exercise from the walk, but the bus is so damned tempting, you know?

D

Dusty668

I used to live in Gastonia, and work in Charlotte. 22 minute drive to work, 45 minutes to 3 hours driving home depending on where the Interstate Wreck of the Day was.

Status
Not open for further replies.