Company I work for doing online focus groups on games

Hey guys,

(@Dave graciously gave his permission for me to post this)

Some of might remember that I work for a consumer research company that does focus groups on a variety of different things including video games.

We're currently trying to recruit US-based 18-24 year-old female gamers with experience with a variety of online PC titles (particularly MMOs and MMO-like games) to take part in an online focus group tomorrow evening ET. You would need a webcam, a Windows PC (not taking Apple users, even with bootcamp, at the moment) that you game on and that has a discrete video card. The game in question is around 1.5 GB, and you would also be recording your gameplay with XSplit and then uploading it to an FTP site afterwards.

We're also looking for 15-18 year-old male gamers with similar experience, but I've never gotten the impression that this is the best community for that one. :p

There are a few more restrictions, but if anyone is interested just based on what I've mentioned here, you should call Fieldwork research at 888-863-4353 and ask for Peter, the recruiting manager for the study.

Happy to answer any questions, though I'm sure y'all understand that I can't fully disclose anything (NDA'd, as would be anyone who takes part).

Thanks, SKO

EDIT: I don't work for Fieldwork, by the way, they're just a recruiting company we work with.

I would question the validity of the study if they aren't willing to talk to the largest demographic group of gamers, unless that age range is specifically their target.

--Patrick

I would question the validity of the study if they aren't willing to talk to the largest demographic group of gamers, unless that age range is specifically their target.
The 18-24 male group is already full, and they're choosing to hold off on research on the 25-34 demo for now because they think they already know what they need to know. Not sure if I agree with them there, but it's also a question of whether they're willing to pay for more groups.

How can none of you be in the age range, it's not like this forum in various forms has been around that lon....okay, yeah.

How can none of you be in the age range, it's not like this forum in various forms has been around that lon....okay, yeah.
Keep in mind, many of us probably fell into those demographic areas when we joined (I was 19), but this board's been through some shit and years of it.

My wife is 27, so no go.

Keep in mind, many of us probably fell into those demographic areas when we joined (I was 19), but this board's been through some shit and years of it.

My wife is 27, so no go.
Yeah, I was thinking that. I was 18 when I joined. It's been 14 years since then (Good Lord).

Too old, not female, not in the US, don't play MMOs, and my webcam's broken.

It's like I'm the exact opposite of who you're looking for!

Hey guys,

We're actually doing an open-age female PC gamer group, either tomorrow evening (EST) or Friday, depending on how many recruits we get who are available.

Same approximate requirements as far as PCs are concerned. Anyone who is interested should call Qualitative Insights at 818-530-1007 and talk to the project manager Venessa.

As always, let me know if you have questions!

Does this require a webcam like the above one? I realized the other day I don't have a working one right now. :(

And, just to check, participants have to be actual females, right? Not pretending to be female, like I may or may not sometimes do online?