[Comics] DC's new 52 (Comics; Nick, help!)

Blech... I don't like the idea of the JSA being the new guard rather than the old guard.

Then again, I hate the new universe as a whole.

Well that's your problem. Flashpoint is not worth your time. As a whole I find myself enjoying the n52 about the same as the post-crisis universe. There's new things I like (Aquaman, A flash book worth reading, anything with Batman in the title.), new things I hate (Why have Bart Allen and not Wally West?!?! Especially since he's irrelevant to the Flash and hasn't even been mentioned by Barry Allen outside of Teen Titans).

The only DC Titles I read right now are Batman Beyond Unlimited (because this should have happened A LONG TIME AGO), All Star Western (Love me some Jonah Hex), and Suicide Squad (which I may drop now.) There really isn't much to keep me there anymore.

I've dropped DC entirely over this. I've tried reading Flashpoint, but I just HATED it.
Yeah, Flashpoint was terrible, but there are some really strong titles going on right now. Wonder Woman has been really good, most of the 'dark' titles (JL Dark, Animal Man, Swamp Thing), Aquaman...

Well, the last comic book period that really sucked me in was the Green Lantern series of titles through Brightest Day.

Starfire has always been slutty, and Barry's mom was killed when Geoff Johns brought him back before the relaunch (difference being the book is good now).

Wally and Donna is funny.

Also, the "Never Robin" thing is almost distinction without difference. He was still Batman's partner (for an indeterminate amount of time, but it has to be less than a year before striking out on his own for the timeline to even pretend to work), but he simply called himself "Red Robin" from the beginning.

Starfire has always been slutty, and Barry's mom was killed when Geoff Johns brought him back before the relaunch (difference being the book is good now).

Wally and Donna is funny.
Its not just that Star Fire is slutty its that her original nice personality has pretty much vanished!

You mean her "I'm so bubbly until I decide someone needs to be murdered, don't judge me by your moral standards, that's the Tameranian way!"? Yea. Starfire's a nutter. Always has been.

You mean her "I'm so bubbly until I decide someone needs to be murdered, don't judge me by your moral standards, that's the Tameranian way!"? Yea. Starfire's a nutter. Always has been.
True I meant she's mean now! Unlikable, abhorrent, generally despicable. The old Star Fire had her problems but at least she was likable.

and Barry's mom was killed when Geoff Johns brought him back before the relaunch (difference being the book is good now).
Batman, GL and Flash basically didn't change from where they where before Flashpoint, they just got some slight retcons...

I wonder if Barry's mom was still killed by Zoom...

Does anyone else find beardless Aquaman weird? For the past couple years Aquaman has been a swarthy bearded man and now he's back to Golden Age clean shave? Not a complaint, just weird to me is all.

I grew up with him not having the beard, so this is actually return to form for me.

As for the reboot, still not reading it. It's mostly due to time factors, but I may pick up trades of Batwoman at some point as I heard that it is a great comic and one that's minimally affected by the reboot seeing as the character is relatively new.

I found Animal Man to be very "meh". Batman by Scott Snyder, on the hand, lives up to the hype. Earth 2 is crazy good, but I've been a giant JSA fan since I was eight so there's likely a bias at play.

Oh, Wave Three started last month. Team 7 #0 and Sword of Sorcery #0 had strong potential, but neither really slapped me in the face and grabbed my attention.

In the comic Animal Man is in " The Ravagers" Beast boy is just red right? They didn't fuck with his personality and character development right? RIGHT?!

In the comic Animal Man is in " The Ravagers" Beast boy is just red right? They didn't fuck with his personality and character development right? RIGHT?!
Uh...hard to say. Beast Boy really hasn't had much to do, so he's coming off as pretty bland thus far in Ravagers.

Uh...hard to say. Beast Boy really hasn't had much to do, so he's coming off as pretty bland thus far in Ravagers.
DAMMIT! And I knew about "The Red" but I still think its weird that Beast Boy is red because of that. Not because he looks different, but the fact that he is red similar to Animal Man's "The Red" it signifies that Beast Boy is Animal Man's side-kick. Wasn't he a full on super-hero a few years ago by the name of Changeling? It feels kind-of like he's devolved.

He became Changeling because he kinda got too old to be calling himself Beast Boy. That's really all it comes down to and it's why most incarnations (Teen Titans, Young Justice, etc) still use Beast Boy.

He became Changeling because he kinda got too old to be calling himself Beast Boy. That's really all it comes down to and it's why most incarnations (Teen Titans, Young Justice, etc) still use Beast Boy.
True, but for me when young DC comic supers gain an adult tital it feels like they've gone through a right of passage. Like they are there own hero now. Just my opinion is all.

DAMMIT! And I knew about "The Red" but I still think its weird that Beast Boy is red because of that. Not because he looks different, but the fact that he is red similar to Animal Man's "The Red" it signifies that Beast Boy is Animal Man's side-kick. Wasn't he a full on super-hero a few years ago by the name of Changeling? It feels kind-of like he's devolved.
....How so? In the mythology they're building, The Red is the spiritual connection between all animals (red like blood, I think was the idea) and The Green* is the connection between all plant life (which has been around since late 80's Swamp Thing, I think). Beast Boy (a name that they went back to using circa 2000, incidentally) being red denotes him as Animal Man's sidekick about as much as Poison Ivy being covered in green plant life makes her Swamp Thing's. There's no connection between the two except that their powers flow from the same supernatural source, albeit in very different ways.

And the change of name wasn't so much like "Robin to Nightwing" but more related to most of his original teammates/surrogate family dying. He certainly hadn't outgrown the name, as he was still pretty young at the time.

*But not on Earth Two. On Earth Two, The Green is the spark of all life and its champion is Green Lantern (Alan Scott). They also have The Grey, the force of entropy whose champion is Grundy.

I found Animal Man to be very "meh". Batman by Scott Snyder, on the hand, lives up to the hype. Earth 2 is crazy good, but I've been a giant JSA fan since I was eight so there's likely a bias at play.

Oh, Wave Three started last month. Team 7 #0 and Sword of Sorcery #0 had strong potential, but neither really slapped me in the face and grabbed my attention.
Phantom Stranger was abyssal, and Team 7 just has me looking forward to having the chance to read a book with Black Canary that isn't complete and utter shit. So far it's up in the air, although better than BoP, which it would have to work hard to be worse.

Phantom Stranger was abyssal, and Team 7 just has me looking forward to having the chance to read a book with Black Canary that isn't complete and utter shit. So far it's up in the air, although better than BoP, which it would have to work hard to be worse.
I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. While Birds of Prey hasn't exactly been A-#1, I've been enjoying it. I dig all that undercover covert ops shit and was happy to see Black Canary "return" to it (in the Golden Age, she briefly had the schtick of going undercover and busting up gangs from the inside - its part of why she dresses like she does or so I'm told) so I might be a bit biased. I loved Birds of Prey #0:

It explains that Black Canary and Starling met when they were both infiltrating The Penguin's organization, which is also the source of their codenames. It also showed us that Starling works for Amanda Waller and is keeping tabs on Black Canary for her. That last bit had been foreshadowed the week before, in Suicide Squad #0, when Starling's picture was in Waller's recruitment file.
Overall, I think the introduction of this Team 7 mythology might make for a much deeper story among The Edge titles and I'm rather hopeful about it.
There's going to be a Superman title worth reading

Seriously, how do you manage to botch your number 1 property?
1) I am looking forward to this book.
2) I personally think that Action Comics, at least what's been collected so far, was pretty damn good.

....How so? In the mythology they're building, The Red is the spiritual connection between all animals (red like blood, I think was the idea) and The Green* is the connection between all plant life (which has been around since late 80's Swamp Thing, I think). Beast Boy (a name that they went back to using circa 2000, incidentally) being red denotes him as Animal Man's sidekick about as much as Poison Ivy being covered in green plant life makes her Swamp Thing's. There's no connection between the two except that their powers flow from the same supernatural source, albeit in very different ways.
But I don't think Beast Boy's powers came from the red originally. Bitten by a mutant green monkey and and then healed and then got shape-changing powers and what not. His powers were more mad science than mystical force. I guess tying him to "the Red" makes sense, but I still think its a stretch.

But I don't think Beast Boy's powers came from the red originally. Bitten by a mutant green monkey and and then healed and then got shape-changing powers and what not. His powers were more mad science than mystical force. I guess tying him to "the Red" makes sense, but I still think its a stretch.
hmm, how to explain this. COMICS CHANGE! Jason Todd doesn't have red hair, and Superman's parents are dead (again).

His new origin is still mad science (experimented on, metagene activated and connected him to The Red) but it links in to the greater mythology of the DCnU. And since The Red is, as I understand, a brand new concept...yeah, he wasn't tied to The Red previously because it didn't exist previously. Now Beast Boy, Animal Man, and (presumably) Vixen all draw their power from the same source. This gets down to a measure of taste, but I actually rather like that. Instead of three heroes with largely unconnected (although it was later "revealed" that Vixen and Animal Man's powers were tied into the same source) but very similar powers, we now have three heroes who each draw on the same energy field and use it differently.

For the record, The Flash was tied to the Speed Force through an accident in the same way, so Beast Boy's being tied to The Red in a similar way is not unprecedented.

Also, I think that he went by Changeling longer than he did Beast Boy in the original DC universe.