Dear Charlie...

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kitty Sinatra

Well, the Colts/Jets game was a little more interesting than I expected, but still really quite bland.

And now I get to cheer against the Vikings because someone at work wanted to bet on them. I win if Indy wins the superbowl, he wins if Minnesota does. Go Saints!

K

Kitty Sinatra

yay!

Now, where do I request that the NFL change how plays are reviewed in overtime?

C

crono1224

Yay now where do I request that Brett Farve never play again, and at 85 years old and 65+ years in the league still makes rookie mistakes

Okay, Halforumites from Cajunland need to check in so that we know they are still alive and have not been killed by the screaming mobs of Saints fans there.

Yay now where do I request that Brett Farve never play again, and at 85 years old and 65+ years in the league still makes rookie mistakes
Would you have rather seen Jackson go in when he got hurt? The outcome would have been so much better.

C

crono1224

Would you have rather seen Jackson go in when he got hurt? The outcome would have been so much better.[/QUOTE]

Naw I disslike Brett Farve intensely, so it was oh so amazing when he decided that rather than running for 5 yards, and getting a very reasonable field goal, to try and be a hot shot and throw a stupidly hard throw that got picked off and ended up losing them the game. There were few ways that game could of ended that would have made him look more like a moron.

fade

Staff member
Yeah, like I said in the Random thread, it's kind of crazy out there, even in the suburbs. Cheering, yelling, fireworks, horns...

Dave

Staff member
I'm not sure he had it in him to run. He'd been hit and hit hard all game long and could not move very well. It may not have been the smartest thing, but I understand why he tried to throw instead of run.

I'm not sure he had it in him to run. He'd been hit and hit hard all game long and could not move very well. It may not have been the smartest thing, but I understand why he tried to throw instead of run.
Exactly. He is the close to the last person I'd blame that loss on, even though that play could have won it for them.

C

crono1224

Exactly. He is the close to the last person I'd blame that loss on, even though that play could have won it for them.[/QUOTE]

More like he had no reason to make a reckless throw, they were still in field goal range. I'de blame part of the loss on him, it's the playoffs and you gotta be smarter than that, even if his team didn't give him all the help they should have, he still made a terrible throw that made it even harder on his team.

He did, and I'm not saying it wasn't his fault. He took one hell of a beating though. I would like to see any QB take all those hits and still come up without making a mistake.

C

crono1224

He did, and I'm not saying it wasn't his fault. He took one hell of a beating though. I would like to see any QB take all those hits and still come up without making a mistake.
I'm sorry with 19 years in the league and a future hall of fame candidate I would say that it was unacceptable, he could have easily grounded it as he was outside the pocket. Also he had plenty of time left on the clock and probably 5+ yards to the closest Saints player, there was no reason for him to throw it so haphazardly.

Dave

Staff member
I'm sorry with 19 years in the league and a future hall of fame candidate I would say that it was unacceptable, he could have easily grounded it as he was outside the pocket. Also he had plenty of time left on the clock and probably 5+ yards to the closest Saints player, there was no reason for him to throw it so haphazardly.[/QUOTE]

Easy to say from here and on the comfort of our couches. These guys didn't get where they are by sitting back and playing it safe. He saw an open receiver and took the throw but because he was running away and throwing across his body he didn't have the fabled Favre velocity. Shit happens.

And it's more than likely the last ball he ever throws in his career.

(Like I've never said THAT before!)

They were out of field goal range due to the penalty. If he threw it away that field goal never would have made it. They needed to gain 5+ yards to make it even close to doable. A guy who could barely walk out to the field decided to throw it instead of try to run.

Either way, I'd rather the Vikings find a good QB that we can actually keep around for more than 2 years.

Cajungal

Staff member
Okay, Halforumites from Cajunland need to check in so that we know they are still alive and have not been killed by the screaming mobs of Saints fans there.
I'm alive! My brother, however, is in downtown New Orleans, and I'm praying for his safety, heheh. I watched with Jake and my mom. My mother's late sister used to always say that they would watch together when the Saints made it to the Superbowl, so this was an emotional night for her. She was laughing and crying and running outside to scream at the neighbors... Jake was so ecstatic that he ran to my mom, picked her up, and spun her around... then I started crying, because I love watching those two bond over football.

Good night, good night. :) No matter what they do now, they've already gotten further than ever before.

K

König

Looks like I'll be watching Super Bowl for the first time this year, its not real football but I suppose it'll do...
So which team should I back? Colts or Saints?

I'm alive! My brother, however, is in downtown New Orleans, and I'm praying for his safety, heheh. I watched with Jake and my mom. My mother's late sister used to always say that they would watch together when the Saints made it to the Superbowl, so this was an emotional night for her. She was laughing and crying and running outside to scream at the neighbors... Jake was so ecstatic that he ran to my mom, picked her up, and spun her around... then I started crying, because I love watching those two bond over football.

Good night, good night. :) No matter what they do now, they've already gotten further than ever before.[/QUOTE]

Just for you Cajun, I hope the Saints take it all.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Looks like I'll be watching Super Bowl for the first time this year, its not real football but I suppose it'll do...
The Saints should be the underdogs here, so you oughtta cheer for them. Also, the Colts have won a Superbowl, and recently, if that makes any difference to you.

I'm cheering for the Colts because of a bet. However, I only really bet on the Colts because I'm pretty sure they're gonna win. I don't really care if they do since I can't lose money now that the Vikings are out, so I may even cheer for the Saints a little.

C

Creature

SAINTS.

Who dat? Hehe.

H

Hyimi

The entire area just exploded after that awesome field goal kick. People just running outside screaming, setting off fireworks, driving down the street honking horns, and that was just in St. Charles parish, about 25 miles from NO. My brother works as a bartender in the French Quarter, and he said it was crazier then Mardi Gras after the win.

Dave

Staff member
I'll be rooting for the Saints because:

1) They've never been there.
2) I know more REAL Saints fans than Indy fans. (Most Indy fans I know have been so since Payton won a few years ago.)
3) The Cowboys beat the Saints in their own house and ruined their perfect season. So I can say, "Yeah, they got the SuperBowl, but we beat them fuckers!"

Cajungal

Staff member
Saints fans have the strongest faith I have ever seen. My mom's been rooting for them at the same deafening level since I was a little girl. I'm so happy for all the people I know who've never given up hope.

There was a new story TONIGHT about a bunch of people in a retirement community who watched the game and decorated the place black and gold. One lady said, "I can't believe I was alive to see them make it to the superbowl.. and if we don't get em this year, we'll do it next year!" Tear to my eye, I tell ya...

I have a feeling the Saints are going to be the strongest example of "We're just happy to be here" ever in a sporting contest, and Indy is going to roll them.

Status
Not open for further replies.